Solid State Machines

spookyMoulder

Pinball Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
gi joe
spookyMoulder submitted a new resource:

Splatterhouse - horror

A horror game based off a video game this pinball game includes 2 ramps and models and kicker. Everything tested and working the left ramp sometimes kicks the ball back and the kickback still needs to be scripted and flashers needs some improvement. Splatterhouse is licenced by Namco Bandai Games Inc. and this is just a fan made game free download from free online sources.

The soundtrack is also from free websites and cover songs so if you plan to upload gameplay video the music could...

Read more about this resource...

Hi....

I see from the playfield, that you took the cue, from the version of the megadrive sega, right?
even if the "horror" is not my thing, out of curiosity I have to try it.

Anyone know a script change to move scoring to say something like flexdmd? I saw something like this posted in a VPforums chat, but doesn't work for this table, but looks like it might not need a lot of tweaking maybe, but i'm not sure what might need tweaked.

Add this to the table script

Sub Table1_init
FlexINIT
End Sub
then at the very end of the table script add this (If you want ultraDMD instead, i can post an ultraDMD init)

Dim FlexDMD
Dim UltraDMD
Sub FlexINIT
Set FlexDMD = CreateObject("FlexDMD.FlexDMD")
UseColoredDMD = true
If FlexDMD is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No UltraDMD found. This table will NOT run without it."
Exit Sub
End If
FlexDMD.GameName = cGameName
FlexDMD.RenderMode = 2
FlexDMD.Show = 1
Set UltraDMD = FlexDMD.NewUltraDMD()
UltraDMD.Init

If Not UltraDMD.GetMajorVersion = 1 Then
MsgBox "Incompatible Version of UltraDMD found."
Exit Sub
End If
UltraDMD.DisplayScene00Ex " ", "Rob Zombie's", 30, -1, "SpookShow", 30, -1, 14, 1, 14
End Sub

Ok lastly find Sub AddScore, and change it to this

Sub AddScore(points) 'we also need to Dim Score in the beginning of script. all Variables should go in the beginning of script.
Score = Score + points ' This adds your score + the points in the (Brackets) when something is hit & it contains AddScore(#)
ScoreText.Text = FormatNumber(Score, 0, -1, 0, -1) 'this Displays the points added in scoretext.Text box on the backdrop
UltraDMD.DisplayScene00Ex " ", "SCORE ", 30, -1, cstr (Score), 30, -1, 14, 1, 14
End Sub

Anyone know a script change to move scoring to say something like flexdmd? I saw something like this posted in a VPforums chat, but doesn't work for this table, but looks like it might not need a lot of tweaking maybe, but i'm not sure what might need tweaked.
You can edit the table however you want.
The scores are on backglass and the animated window is using flasher posted on 3d wall because the animation shows up bright and blurry on it's internal dmd. The developer of Visual Pinball should fix this and incorporate internal dmd with collections it would make things easier.

If you notice when you open Visual Pinball and click on Backbox it does not allow flashers or Primatives. It does allow sticker's but when you try to apply a sticker it does nothing. :lol:

Ok, attached is a vbs file and instructions for cabinet users that "should" work to add an external DMD via FlexDMD for this table. I didn't upload the table, but a vbs file that you can rename to match the table file name and you will need to add the timer called FlexTimer to the table. Info is in the attached zip

Attachments

• Splatterhouse add FlexDMD.zip
    90.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
is there a directb2s backglass for this?

Thanks for this and your time/efforts!

is there a directb2s backglass for this?
Attached the simple one I used, it has a FULLDMD b2s with no scoring area but if you use the flexDMD method above I would recommend to right click on the backglass and set b2s dmd as hidden.

Attachments

• Splatterhouse b2s.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
took @burtmacklin b2s and did my poor man's/idiot DMD for the third screen.

Attachments

• Splatterhouse (Original 2023) 1.52.rar
    6.6 MB · Views: 48
I actually used this FULLDMD video I made and hid the b2s DMD in my build after I did the flexDMD add to the table.

Attachments

• Splatterhouse FULLDMD.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
Game has a lot of potential... hope you keep developing this one!

@smaugdragon I just saw this post now thanks for nice comments I did have a backglass picture I was going to upload then forgot about it haha if anyone finds a better one you can just use your own. I agree it needs some work it wasn't my first table I did make a few others.
List of other tables I made was, Crash Bandicoot, Mr.Bubble, Kratos God of War. All the games I make are free to modify much of the art is from google search and modified and cleaned up by me but there are also respective owners and copyright owners to "Splatterhouse" is owned by Sega Namco Bandai I make zero no profit. I make these games just to play them and share them if the developer owner Sega wants to use it for ideas or even if they want to remove it I saw some people make fan games and then get games removed here is a video to explain

I remember going to arcades and using rolls of quarters playing Splatterhouse and other games thanks again for your comments.

Splatterhouse back art.jpg

@burtmacklin could the .vbs file or method be used to add flexdmd to another table like bloodsport?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back