Solid State Machines

spookyMoulder

Pinball Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
gi joe
So i got tired of working on the dmd scoreboard animations for TC surf and started this side project and after 10 hours this is what I got this is just a (very) early preview this one is scary. I also found some new special reflective lights and they are looking good (left side).

preview splatterhouse.jpg

I am still working on this project I have added some ramps and next doing some playfield art and am going to fix the rubber bands and the bumpers and the ramps will have some type of railings so much better than what is in this image. I did also add plastic art and changed the flashers and changed the upper colors twice because it needs to be darker. I will also change the drop targets to just hit targets and made a bloody yellow rubberband (in the picture posted) It will also have a trapped ball and kicker holes eventually. I really like this one it should be one of the best I have made. Check back later for more progress and post your suggestions.

splatter preview.jpg

I was using a decal for my bumpers because the bumper model did not have a uv texture so I made one in Blender. If anyone has problems UV mapping 3d models here is a video that can help

Here is the new bumper model I still think I need to adjust it a little more.

uv unwrap.jpg

That looks like it could be a really fun table, look forward to the finish article, if you want us to post a WIP video on our youtube channel or pre release version please let me know :-)

That looks like it could be a really fun table, look forward to the finish article, if you want us to post a WIP video on our youtube channel or pre release version please let me know :-)
You can put a gameplay video but it's still not done it should be done by next month. It still needs lots of work and I am still drawing the playfield art and moving things around and I still haven't looked for sound effects yet so still a lot left to make. Here is latest picture I fixed ramps so they are clear and better looking. Just check back and I will keep updating.

splatter ramp fixed.jpg

Here is the first look at the playfield the file was made smaller the original is about 8mb I have about 30 layers so what I do is flatten and then add more layers - like making a cake :-) Usually I clean up the textures and brushlines but this is a horror game so I'm leaving it rough looking. I also just changed the outside cab to a more realistic texture.

splatter playfield first run.jpg

Looks great, might I suggest a spooky nightscape cloud underlay for the upper play field.

You can put a gameplay video but it's still not done it should be done by next month. It still needs lots of work and I am still drawing the playfield art and moving things around and I still haven't looked for sound effects yet so still a lot left to make. Here is latest picture I fixed ramps so they are clear and better looking. Just check back and I will keep updating.

View attachment 35935

oK No problem i will wait till you have an almost finished version then i will do a game play video and mark it as a WIP if thats ok with you?, we could even tag it on the end of our table round up videos as a coming soon :-) Have put a WIP Coming soon post on our FB page.

Looks great, might I suggest a spooky nightscape cloud underlay for the upper play field.
A cloud ? I am not sure - did you mean like fog transparent effect vector image. If you have any examples or links it would help.

A cloud ? I am not sure - did you mean like fog transparent effect vector image. If you have any examples or links it would help.

I was thinking something along the lines of this kind of image as a backdrop for the upper area to replace the plain dark blue colouring.

oK No problem i will wait till you have an almost finished version then i will do a game play video and mark it as a WIP if thats ok with you?, we could even tag it on the end of our table round up videos as a coming soon :-) Have put a WIP Coming soon post on our FB page.
Ok sounds good I just want the game a little more playable and now the lights dont even blink.

I was thinking something along the lines of this kind of image as a backdrop for the upper area to replace the plain dark blue colouring.

I will give it a try also try to add fog like these https://www.freepik.com/vectors/transparent-fog

When The image started it had trees everywhere and the colors made the objects look weird because the two colors mixed then I tried a dark grey color and it was too bright . I will try a few textures out maybe change opacity on a cloud and see what it looks like.

Hi StevOz I used that cloud picture you sent and it turned out great I changed opacity and put it on top of the blue area. Here is the picture and I get more ideas for the game that I will try out If you think of more stuff let me know.

playfield fixed part 1.jpg

Looks really cool... great work. Looking forward to playing... if you need a beta tester, I know I'm new (1 yr.) in but I will help test if you need anyone help.
RKip

Hey thanks Ian.

RKip455 If you want to help you can after I upload it and if there are any game improvement or physics or bugs that need fixing. You can reupload with any fixes i don't mind. I know I have played a few of these where the ball gets stuck in some spot then I have to restart. :-)

I have taken a short break and just messing with blender but I did get the kicker working on the table and found some kicker models to make it look better.

I am doing some scripts and some animations and will upload the Splatterhouse game this week. Now for some exciting news :-) here is a sneek preview of the next game theme Phantasm this was just started last week and I will start a new topic for it eventually. It's a very early preview..

phantasm game preview.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back