Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.7

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
No prob, appreciate the instructions. I am learning new stuff :) looks like the head attaches to the kicker instead of the ball.

another thing you can try is creating a cheat code that will stop the head from tracking and then reset it .... Play game and press "B" on keyboard

under "Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)" add the following:
Code:
if keycode = 48 then  'Press B on keyboard
    BB8_Head_MP.TrackedBallStop()
    BB8_Head_MP.TrackedBall = xBAM.BallCloseTo(0,0)
End if

Thanks, but that didn't appear to change anything.

Manu had me on his Mystery Pinball Theatre 3000 show talking about Star Wars DSA: GE.

I'm still recovering from the stroke (awaiting heart surgery until the fall now)... so my sleep and energy is all over the place... but its so nice to be able to do this kind of thing when I have the chance. It was a good time.

Last edited:
FWIW the new AMD driver 22.7.1 partially fixes the BB8 issue I am having. Hopefully future driver updates can fix it.

FWIW the new AMD driver 22.7.1 partially fixes the BB8 issue I am having. Hopefully future driver updates can fix it.

I know it sucks having odd issues due to drivers Sadly, AMD/ATI... even after all these years tends to have these kind of issues more often... especially on older software.

Worse case like Gimli said.... you can just set the game to use chrome ball in TABLE OPTIONS. Its one of the reason I wanted BB-8 as an option, just in case.

Yeah, the new drivers break all the FP tables that I tested with. It is related to Bam lighting. If I go to FP original it fixes, but I'm reverting back to old drivers.
Thanks for all your hard work on this hobby!

Yeah, the new drivers break all the FP tables that I tested with. It is related to Bam lighting. If I go to FP original it fixes, but I'm reverting back to old drivers.
Thanks for all your hard work on this hobby!

A long shot... you could try enabling "disable fullscreen optimizations". This basically makes sure the FP runs in old "exclusive fullscreen" instead of the more forced fullscreen that newer Windows updates has enabled by default.

Just be sure to use the FP video and editor settings I show, and have FP run in fullscreen and with vsync on.

1658938547146.png

What's your GPU and how much VRAM? This table needs a good amount of VRAM because of the models and textures needed.

If it's lower, you can always try enabling texture compression in FP video settings.... it may or may not help... but also may make the table take longer to load.

I have the 6800xt and has 16gb ram, so should be ok on that end.

Manu had me on his Mystery Pinball Theatre 3000 show talking about Star Wars DSA: GE.

I'm still recovering from the stroke (awaiting heart surgery until the fall now)... so my sleep and energy is all over the place... but its so nice to be able to do this kind of thing when I have the chance. It was a good time.

Nice I just watched it Terry !
You were beaming. It must be gratifying to see people so thrilled to play this table.

I got a kick every time the host while playing would talk to BB8

I am sure the purists will go chrome ball but so far on the vids they are going with BB8 which is an honour

It’s a small thing but it is cool that BAM allows these things! 😀

Nice I just watched it Terry !
You were beaming. It must be gratifying to see people so thrilled to play this table.

I got a kick every time the host while playing would talk to BB8

I am sure the purists will go chrome ball but so far on the vids they are going with BB8 which is an honour

It’s a small thing but it is cool that BAM allows these things! 😀

Yah, BB-8 has been a big hit. Everyone seems to prefer keeping him on. :) Maybe his head direction movement helps people to play better. :)

I'm one of those that uses the silver ball I confess. But that's just because it is easier for me to follow than the custom balls that tend to blend with the playfield or other elements on the table.

BB-8 does not have this problem because it is rather unique so I can happily smash it around the table :D

@TerryRed, @ludespeedny , I may have solved the issue with BB-8's head. I normally have MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner running. When I close that and start the table, the BB-8 head issue disappears.:-)
I am using a nVidia GTX1070 (laptop), 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 21H2, with external display (3440x1440) by the way.

Last edited:
@TerryRed, @ludespeedny , I may have solved the issue with BB-8's head. I normally have MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner running. When I close that and start the table, the BB-8 head issue disappears.:-)
I am using a nVidia GTX1070 (laptop), 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 21H2, with external display (3440x1440) by the way.
Thanks, but that didn't work in my case. I have an AMD card. the newest drivers sort of fix it, but on other opengl games the shaders are borked, so assume it is a driver thing ATM.

It's rare... but it can happen on nvidia as well. I can think of only one time where nvidia messed up OpenGL on their drivers for many games / apps for a few months... but luckily they resolved it.

It does seem the new AMD drivers are causing issues beyond FP as well... but if you have a new AMD GPU... you may have no choice but to use it for now.

Something strange is happening to me, the table works fine but an error message appears at the top...Pinball meditation error / script line 14852/object required :fso.
The same thing happens to me in Sonic

Something strange is happening to me, the table works fine but an error message appears at the top...Pinball meditation error / script line 14852/object required :fso.
The same thing happens to me in Sonic
Make sure BAM is updated w/ the 4gb patch, then run "fploader.exe" as admin and load one of the tables, then exit and launch normally and should clear it up.

Be sure you are following "all" of the install instructions included in the table zip file.

I've done and redone the whole procedure as in the instructions and the error remains, the amazing thing is that the table works normally.

I'll keep trying to find where I'm going wrong

Reset fpRam in table info menu or delete the file from fpram folder.

Redownload the table and extract it to it's own folder and run it form there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back