Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.7

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Follow the REQUIREMENTS of the included Install Instructions. Make sure you use the same FP Video and Editor settings. Always completely close FP after exiting a table.

If the problem still persists, then you can disable BB-8 in the TBALE OPTIONS in the table script.
Hi, I follow your tutorials on your Youtube channel, I would like to thank you and I always mention you in my live broadcasts

Hi, I follow your tutorials on your Youtube channel, I would like to thank you and I always mention you in my live broadcasts

Thanks.

Its important you follow the table's included install instructions because video tutorials can be out of date.

Something strange is happening to me, the table works fine but an error message appears at the top...Pinball meditation error / script line 14852/object required :fso.
The same thing happens to me in Sonic
Did you ever figure out what was causing that error? I have the same thing happening now.

Did you ever figure out what was causing that error? I have the same thing happening now.

If you get a Meditation Error of "Object Required: fso" when trying to start a Future Pinball table, do the following:
  • open the BAM menu while playing (~ or Q)
  • goto plugins
  • iCOM
  • change the setting to Safe (disable blacklisted)
  • exit BAM menu, then close FP completely, and try again

I got this error when this setting was on Paranoid. This plug-in uses its own settings file, so a reinstall of BAM settings wont change it, nor will installing / updating BAM overtop of your files.

I had a power outage, and was getting this error all of a sudden, so my guess was that the outage made BAM reset the cfg file for this plugin as a safety precaution.

I saw a couple other people get this error before, but it wasn't until now I knew exactly what may have caused it.

Thanks of course to these awesome contributors:

SLAMT1LT: original Ultimate Pro table
TerryRed: GALACTIC EDITION table
Matt Ellis: original Sci-Fi Classic table / layout
Gimli: BB-8 ball and animation code

Schlabber34: insert jewel images
FLEEP: mechanical sounds
Fuzzel: original Vader Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Turbo Laser cannon models
JLou - FizX and support
ravarcade: BAM and support
Nailbuster: Pinup Player, PUP DMD, PUP SSF
Chris Leathley: Future Pinball

Ok....this observation of mine is nothing more than an observation, I don't want to criticize you, nor reproach you, nor polimize you....
For all honesty, you enter who contributed, ok, it does you credit ....but since you are so precise to mention who contributed, then I can't help but tell you this .... something is missing, to be more precise.

The X-wing model, and the death star are models that I provided myself,in this version Star Wars DSA BB-8 X-wing ,
in this version that was modifying Gimli at that time, I proposed and had the idea of introducing the two models and together with Gimli we created the mentioned version.

What happened next?
That has "Slam" did not like the idea, I don't know why, maybe because it's a great idea? and in its next version (the thousandth) did not insert the idea, but kept the models, obviously nothing against it "between colleagues" and I'm happy, is a great table always .... and no one disputes his table, but the fact is that ....
Now I see that you have modified its version, with all the models that Bob and I have added, no objection, but in your version I see, another name that provided X -wing???? and nothing for the black death, that's all.

I spend a few words for the models that everyone, I mean everyone, can find for free on the internet (someone also buys, all my respect for those who buy) now I speak for myself in this instant, I've always thanked wherever I took them, but that doesn't it takes away the fact all the work and hours that I have spent to get them to FP after.

Last edited:
Ok....this observation of mine is nothing more than an observation, I don't want to criticize you, nor reproach you, nor polimize you....
For all honesty, you enter who contributed, ok, it does you credit ....but since you are so precise to mention who contributed, then I can't help but tell you this .... something is missing, to be more precise.

The X-wing model, and the death star are models that I provided myself,in this version Star Wars DSA BB-8 X-wing ,
in this version that was modifying Gimli at that time, I proposed and had the idea of introducing the two models and together with Gimli we created the mentioned version.

What happened next?
That has "Slam" did not like the idea, I don't know why, maybe because it's a great idea? and in its next version (the thousandth) did not insert the idea, but kept the models, obviously nothing against it "between colleagues" and I'm happy, is a great table always .... and no one disputes his table, but the fact is that ....
Now I see that you have modified its version, with all the models that Bob and I have added, no objection, but in your version I see, another name that provided X -wing???? and nothing for the black death, that's all.

I spend a few words for the models that everyone, I mean everyone, can find for free on the internet (someone also buys, all my respect for those who buy) now I speak for myself in this instant, I've always thanked wherever I took them, but that doesn't it takes away the fact all the work and hours that I have spent to get them to FP after.
hey Paulo , it looks like Terry updated the x-wing and Death Start Models and stopped using the ones that you had provided as of Version 1 of this table or he could be referring to "your" models:

1.0 - first release:

- table started as Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro 1.06) - Epic Space Battles
- updates to the table, layout, code, sound, music, items, lighting, models, etc
- removed older items / surfaces / lights no longer used
- updated BAM lighting and post processing
- new 128x32 "FP" DMD
- new beacon flasher
- new insert models, lighting, and textures
- new artwork for playfield, plastics, apron, backbox, decals
- new shadowmaps for G.I, flashers, lightsabers
- new "cut shadows" overlay images for G.I. and lightsabers
- new lightsaber models, lighting, and glow effects
- new models: Death Star, R2-D2, X-Wing, Vader Tie Fighter. Tie Fighter, Turbo Laser Cannon, Millenium Falcon

hey Paulo , it looks like Terry updated the x-wing and Death Start Models and stopped using the ones that you had provided as of Version 1 of this table or he could be referring to "your" models:
Actually I think I am wrong and they are still "your" models...I haven't checked but I seem to recall you are credited in the attract mode of the actual game...

Hey Bob,
I don't know if it stopped or not, from the photos it seems to me that the Death Star is the one I supplied in our version, I don't see the X-wing, it's probably used as a miniplayfield..... I can't open the its version too heavy for my pc that i remember ,
but still no problem, whether he used them or not, or modified them or took them from where I got them, and then modified them, no problem, I saw that there is another name for the x-wing, and the Death Star..... she is not even mentioned in this version on the contributors.

Actually I think I am wrong and they are still "your" models...I haven't checked but I seem to recall you are credited in the attract mode of the actual game...
I don't know, I no longer have this version, and I remember that I had the fp crash,so i can't test it, but i don't have time either,...instead what would be nice(apart from the models) is to remind others of the idea itself...of Death Star, and X-Wing....although in this version they will probably be used in a different way than we have designed it in our version, everything comes from there, from the two of us Bob. I remember how the DS follows the XW, and then destroys it ...... a great idea our.

The other day they also explain it to my compatriot who complains about a bug right on the left ramp, you can read the post,

Hey Bob,
I remember how the DS follows the XW, and then destroys it ...... a great idea our.
Ya I like it too. Having the X-wing model glide along a rail progressively towards the death star was nice.

Terry's version for those who can load it , is absolutely amazing ! He has all the models Flying around the table which is very cool especially in VR. I can't imagine a more fun table to play :) It is my favorite pinball game !
The other day they also explain it to my compatriot who complains about a bug right on the left ramp, you can read the post,
Ya I saw that post...unfortunately I have no time to check into and fix that bug any time soon.

Last edited:
@Paolo @Gimli

All models on this table are "new" models that I added or created. None of the models on the Galactic Edition came from any other version of Star Wars DSA. None. The videos I posted show the before models and after models... and my Work in Progress page also shows the new models (and everything else I've done).

Some of the new models I added on the Galactic Edition (some replaced older models):

- x-wing (new model and animation since my first Epic Space Battle mod long ago)
- Tie Fighter (new model and animation since my first Epic Space Battle mod)
- Vader Tie Fighter (new model and animation since my first Epic Space Battle mod)
- Death Star (new model on Galactic Edition)
- BB-8 (Gimli added the older model and the code, I then replaced it with a new model with reduced polygon and made a new texture for it)
- r2-d2 (new model)
- light sabers (all new handle, blades, glow and animated effects)
- new characters
- many other models in the VR room

I think I've proven time and time again I give credit to everyone who's content / contributions are still included on any table update / mod I've ever done. In the new Aliens Legacy "Game Over Man" table for example, I added "Models by Wild" in the DMD on the table and on the apron art, which was never there before.

If I updated / modded a table, and then someone updated that table later, and my model was replaced with another model.... I don't expect my name to be in the credits if my model / work is no longer being used.

Maybe guys, before posting... take a moment to actually look at what I've posted previously in the preview video below, the pictures, and work in progress page before making assumptions. It's extremely clear they are not even close to being the same models.

New models for Galactic Edition (new Death Star)

New models for older Epic Space Battles (new x-wing)

Last edited:
@Paolo @Gimli

All models on this table are "new" models that I added or created. None of the models on the Galactic Edition came from any other version of Star Wars DSA. None. The videos I posted show the before models and after models... and my Work in Progress page also shows the new models (and everything else I've done).

Some of the new models I added on the Galactic Edition:

- x-wing (new model and animation since my first Epic Space Battle mod long ago)
- Tie Fighter (new model and animation since my first Epic Space Battle mod)
- Vader Tie Fighter (new model and animation since my first Epic Space Battle mod)
- Death Star (new model on Galactic Edition)
- BB-8 (Gimli added the older model and the code, I then replaced it with a new model with reduced polygon and made a new texture for it)
- r2-d2 (new model replaced the older model
- light sabers (all new handle, blades, and I made the animation and effects to begin with)
- new characters
- many others models in the VR room

I think I've proven time and time again I give credit to everyone who's content / contributions are still included on any table update / mod I've ever done. In the new Aliens Legacy "Game Over Man" table for example, I added "Models by Wild" in the DMD on the table and on the apron art, which was never there before.

Maybe guys, before posting... take a moment to actually look at what I've posted in the preview video below, the pictures, and work in progress page before making assumptions. It's extremely clear they are not even close to being the same models.

Ya you do a great job of giving credit where it is due .

I think Paolo was seeking clarification

I am happy just to continue to periodically toy with possibility’s even if they don’t see the light of day

I fully support and love your mods and Fizx 3.0

Ya you do a great job of giving credit where it is due .

I think Paolo was seeking clarification

I am happy just to continue to periodically toy with possibility’s even if they don’t see the light of day

I fully support and love your mods and Fizx 3.0

I added this as well...

"If I updated / modded a table, and then someone updated my table mod later, and my model was replaced with another model.... I don't expect my name to be in the credits if my model / work is no longer being used."

Many tables have a long history. I try to include everyone who's work is still part of a table where I can. If I don't include a name from a prior mod or different version of the same table, its because I'm trying to follow the line of progression, and what is still on the current table. For this Star Wars table, I did this mod on my own starting with the last Ultimate Pro version. Even then, there are "many" things that SLAM did on his tables that I need to remove in order to do my own updates / mods.

@Paolo How's this? (I added it to the credits on the description on the download page)

Wild: original idea to add X-Wing and Death Star.

1690909647970.png

Last edited:
I am sorry maybe I had missed something in the documentation but since the update I have the dmd on the playfield (I am in cabinet mode with an ALP).
I have also sometime a white box on my playfield.
IMG_0151.jpeg

That seems an "out of memory" problem. Recheck if you have "load images into editor" checked (should not be checked) and more importantly, when changing tables, or even if you want to reload the same table, close FP and open it again and then load the table.

I am sorry maybe I had missed something in the documentation but since the update I have the dmd on the playfield (I am in cabinet mode with an ALP).
I have also sometime a white box on my playfield.
View attachment 38444

Follow the install instructions to install my FP and BAM Essentials AIO files, my BAM settings files (for cabinet)... and use the correct FP video and editor settings. Always completely close FP after exiting a table.

Last edited:
Does the table still crash and lock up with a failed timed attack? Or was it fixed with the updates?

Does the table still crash and lock up with a failed timed attack? Or was it fixed with the updates?

I added a workaround option to fix that long ago. The table will simply not play the death star animation sequence that causes that crash. I made it an option that can be changed in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script. I don't know if a newer BAM or Windows update haa changed anything to fix the original bug (it's not an issue with the table itself), as it hasn't happened to me for a long time. You can try to re-enable it in TABLE OPTIONS to see if it ever happens again. If it does, then keep it disabled.

Last edited:
TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.2) with a new update entry:

- readded mid left slingshot
- table completely updated for FizX v3.2 physics
- new Lighting settings in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
- small fixes
- updated PuP-Pack

Note: if using any PUP features, then you must use the new updated PuP-Pack with this new table update! (it won't load any other version)

Remove the old pup-pack and replace it with the new version, then run the OPTION BAT file in the PuP-Pack folder that matches your setup.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Star Wars DSA Galactic Edition - 1.6 update (coming soon)

On top of the new FizX 3.3 update I've just finished... I updated the VR room a bit to make the planets a bit better sized for proper depth, and I also updated all the ships flying by to move a bit faster and not be so close to the windows of the hallway. Yoda's animations have been reduced / refined.

I also updated the game rules a bit. The Solo / Falcon shot will no longer instantly level you up if you make a combo shot (2 quick shots in a row). You'll just get bonus points in DSA mode, or more time in Time Attack. This allows for the SOLO video mode progress to be kept and not be reset everytime you made a combo (like it did before).

All PinEvent tables with FizX 3.3 coming very soon.

View attachment sw dsa - vr room.mp4

TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) with a new update entry:

1.6 - FizX 3.3

- updated table for FizX physics v3.3 (much more efficient with CPU usage)
- new Debug options that can be enabled / disabled
- use_RayCast_Shadows can now completely disable ray cast shadows (no need to disable in the BAM menu after)
- updated VR room (planet sizes and flyby ship animations)
- refined Yoda animations
- rule change: falcon kicker combo shot no longer instantly levels up (allows SOLO shots to progress correctly for video mode)

Note: this table update requires the new BAM...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Start this table and there is a large white square in the top left table? Tried everything and unfortunately cannot get this to go away. All other tables run perfectly. Any ideas??

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back