Code/Example Help Table Crashing in Sub DrawFrameTick?

Coding and examples for future Pinball and BAM

MetaTed

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
High Speed
Hi all,

I'm getting a meditation error deep into game testing (after activating several modes, multiball, etc) on the line below.

I'm having a tough time figuring out what event is causing this error ... any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ted

1702328802781.png

can of worms.
1st the obvious:
- what table?
- can you reproduce it?
- if you're reloading table... DON'T. Every time you exit the table back to FP, exit FP as well. Only then open FP and load the table again.

and now the hard part. Assuming you did all that, the only way to debug that is by comment that line... then the next where it gives an error, then the next...

This is why it is very important to test a table to be working perfectly BEFORE adding FizX. Doesn't guarantee error free table but helps minimizing issues.

Thanks AnonTet, I did not know about fully exiting FP every time the script is updated.

Hopefully that will prevent the error from occurring.

This comes from FP not understanding the more advanced BAM features, and therefor it can't produce exactly the error message. So it will usually end at Sub DrawFrameTick or Sub NewtonPhysics Tick... so you can only try to disable whatever is in those subs, and then narrow down the error. it's a tricky pain.

I recommend saving to a new table filename after adding any major new code so you can fall back to the previous table if needed. I end up with 100's of table files before I'm done updating some tables.

Last edited:
I recommend saving to a new table filename after adding any major new code so you can fall back to the previous table if needed. I end of what 100's of table files before I'm done updating some tables.
I do the very same thing.
Any changes made, and I save copy of table, and add brief description of what i did in the file name.
I also end up with 100's of table files, but it makes it so much easier to be able to go back to certain table versions, for a myriad of reasons!

I have had the identical error many times. I do the same thing as Terry and make backups periodically. I also place a check in the "Editor Preferences" to back up table when saving which can help sometimes so you don't have to go to an earlier backup. If possible, it helps to add FizX as the last change you make to the table. Another thing you can try is to use WinMerge to compare the previous version that worked with the one that does work and see if you can find the error.

Last edited:
This a very late response but I just figured out a work around that gets the error messages working again. It seems that once you get past the bogus error message, FP starts generating correct error messages again. Check out this link:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back