Table rules (scripting)

HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
If there a script already, did a quick search, to display the table rules from FP with the table loaded?

Example, Halloween loaded and ready to launch ball.
Id like to be able to press a key like (r) that will popup a window showing the table rules, and and a sencond press of (r) key will close the window. Ive been away a long time and forgot a lot of the scripting, just wondered if any table does this and I could take the script and add to the tables I choose?

If there a script already, did a quick search, to display the table rules from FP with the table loaded?

Example, Halloween loaded and ready to launch ball.
Id like to be able to press a key like (r) that will popup a window showing the table rules, and and a sencond press of (r) key will close the window. Ive been away a long time and forgot a lot of the scripting, just wondered if any table does this and I could take the script and add to the tables I choose?

I think the best way to do this is to create an overlay that has the text for the rules on a texture. It requires very little coding. I did something somewhat similar on my mod of "Robots Invasion":

You press the HUD Toggle Key to display an overlay that identifies your next objective during the game which changes with the game modes. It works pretty well but not exactly what you had in mind. Of course, you could just add everything to a single overlay. If you are concerned about the overlays not displaying correctly on a pinball cabinet, this guide will help:

Last edited:
well, I was having a hard time sleeping (stress)
woulldnt I have to display the rules as a image though.. maybe a third party popup (always on top, that opens a windows overlay with scroll bar. or not f*** with it at all, and leave the rules in a folder like i have it.. lol

You might look for a front-end program where you can add it. It might not display it during a game though. The author of this front-end sometimes adds requested features:

20degree likes the MameWah FrontEnd:

This one might be of interest:

You might look for a front-end program where you can add it. It might not display it during a game though. The author of this front-end sometimes adds requested features:

im considering the work involved and probably will not bother. i wish each table had actual gameplay showing the rules... anyone bored and really good at pinball? lol

It is not hard to convert text to an image. There are several web sites that do it for free.

oh, thats not the problem, its the time doing the rules for the tables aetc etc, it doesnt fall high on my to do list.
just thought maybe this feature existed all along and i didnt know about it.
thank you though.
I cant believe how much better the tables play and look with fizx, had to add some code to reset camera because i play in scroll mode, so after multiball type events the table releases back to the ball.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Pirates are often depicted with eye patches in popular culture, but the reasons for this vary. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. **Injury**: The most straightforward reason a pirate might wear an eye patch is that they lost an eye due to injury. Pirate battles, sword fights, and the general hazards of seafaring life could easily lead to eye injuries, necessitating an eye patch.

2. **Myth and Stereotype**: The image of a pirate with an eye patch has become a stereotype perpetuated by movies, books, and other forms of media. It's part of the romanticized pirate image that includes peg legs, hooks for hands, and parrots on shoulders.

3. **Preserving Night Vision**: A more interesting and practical theory suggests that pirates wore eye patches to keep one eye adapted to the dark. When moving between the bright deck and the dark below decks, a pirate could switch the patch from one eye to the other. The eye that was covered
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    nope... it was because a seagul shit in his eye the day after he got the new hook fitted
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    He couldn't scratch his eye, or tried and had to get the patch because of the hook...:pirat:🏴‍☠️🪝
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    ahh well, back to work tomorrow
    Looking at Tuesday for a real day off, ahhh
    Hope you find your keys!
    But working long every darned day has (Finally!) cleared up pain in my hip that has plagued me since April
    haha, naw the keys are long gone. HAVE to get a new pair of pants... Without A Hole In The Pocket!
    • Haha
    Get AC 4! you :pirat:
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    Got AC, weather-liars say i'll need an umbrella all weekend
    • Haha
    ohh oops
    you mean the pirate game!
    AC = Assasin's Creed...4...Black Flag.
    heh, they all look like pirate queens, instead of a gig on the beach, the Law Of The Sea says they have to fight until there's only one
    ahoy, have to go make some salad of fish chunks flavored to taste like crab, have a salty Friday ya scallawag!
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
    yirmiahu has left the room.
    Guenther has left the room.
    alain.rev has left the room.
    eduguitar72 has left the room.
    mickcarmone has left the room.
    No World Order has left the room.
    ususio1011 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: ususio1011 has left the room.
      Back