Upgrade/Project The Project to Upload PinSimDB Tables to Pinball Nirvana Is Complete

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
I would like to announce that the project to upload the tables from the PinSimDB web site has been completed. The tables are available on the PinSimDB Archive at the following link:

We the administrators of Pinball Nirvana have the utmost respect for authors of these tables. About 90 percent of the authors do not create tables anymore and are no longer available. We believe that since they posted their tables to PinSimDB they would want their tables to continue to be available for download. We did have the permission from the site owner of PinSimDB to post the tables on our site. Our intentions are to simply preserve the tables that were posted. However, we will delete any table that the author wishes. A few tables have been deleted or never uploaded based on the author's request.

I would like to thank Xenonph for the outstanding job he did in manually uploading the tables. It is obvious he took great care in uploading the tables. He did a much better job in uploading the tables than what could have ever been done by an electronic transfer. He transferred all the posted text and other information from the original posting. He also went to the trouble of identifying some data that was not posted like whether a table is solid state or electromechanical. He added links to videos, uploaded screenshots and links to tables listed on the Internet Pinball Database. He also added the same data that was previously applied to all the other tables on Pinball Nirvana on the project that added prefixes and tags to the tables:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/let-the-great-reorganization-begin.20731/

You might recall that PinSimDB had different tabs for Description, Info and Rules. Since Pinball Nirvana only has one narrative field, Xenonph used the "quotes" option on this site so you can click to expand each narrative. PinSimDB had the capability to add multiple authors; however, Pinball Nirvana only has the ability to add one author. To handle this, he added one of the authors that has a user ID on Pinball Nirvana into the author field. If Pinball Nirvana does not have the author registered, he added "Not Registered" as the author. On tables where the author is "Not Registered", the authors name was added to the title. In all cases, the names of all of the authors are posted at the beginning of the text narrative whether they are registered on Pinball Nirvana or not. The Addams Family table at this link is an example of how he uploaded all of the data that was available but also applied the correct prefixes and tags:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/addams-family-pinball-bally-1992-gold-edition.7151/

Xenonph also posted the tables in the same order that they had been posted on PinSimDB. You can however sort the tables and apply some filters by clicking on "Filters".

Image1.jpg

You should be aware that you can search these tables using the "Advanced Search" (Click on "Search" and then "Advanced Search"). Then click on the tab that says "Search Resources". You can perform keyword searches. I have found the check box for "Search titles only" is useful when searching for the titles of specific tables. You can select "PinSimDB Tables" on the option "Search in categories:".

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/search/?type=resource

Thanks to the team for tackling this project. I found a couple of gems in the collection that I had never heard of.

Thanks to the team for tackling this project. I found a couple of gems in the collection that I had never heard of.

Thank you! This was really Xenonph's project. JonPurpleHaze provided the location on the web site to save the tables, made the search engine work and provided the disc space and bandwidth. I just provided some technical information and support as needed.

I failed to mention that Xenonph searched the existing tables and only loaded the tables that had not already been uploaded to Pinball Nirvana. If you are searching for a specific table, you need to search all the Future Pinball tables.

There are nearly 1500 tables posted in the PinSimDB Archive and every table has been downloaded 5 to 10 times already.

Last edited:
Thanks Xenonph and everyone for all this amazing work, and Pinball Nirvanna for hosting it all!

For those of you who are looking for Popotte's tables, Popotte asked Xenonph to not upload them because he was not sure everything on PinSimDB was up to date and wants to update them. His tables are still available here:

Last edited:
Besides Popotte,
(Who actually did allow for over 20 of his tables to be included in PinSimDB Archive, so he has alot of tables included in the archive still!!)
NitroNimbus and Paolo also asked for their tables not to be included in the PinSimDB Archive,
because they don't want old versions of their tables made available.
Paolo informed us that he will be personally updating his tables and releasing them.
Not sure if NitroNimbus will be releasing his FP tables he had on PinSimDB site, as he only works on VPX tables now, but he recently gave me his permission to upload all of his tables he had here on this site. (Thanks again!!)
So we have respected the wishes of these 3 authors, and look forward to seeing their updated tables in the near future!!
Thank you all for everything you guys do to make this community better!!
Your work is appreciated!!
Keep up the great work!!
You each have earned your place on the totem pole of the pinball community!!
You are all an intricate part of virtual pinballs history, and hopefully future!!
Again thanks!!
Carry on. :salut:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back