The Real Shocking Poll

Why don't you give him his own forum here (say Shockman Conspiracy Rants) and ONLY allow him to post in that forum? That way we don't have to read it and you don't have to permanantly ban him.

Pacdude said:
Why don't you give him his own forum here (say Shockman Conspiracy Rants) and ONLY allow him to post in that forum? That way we don't have to read it and you don't have to permanantly ban him.
I kinda like that idea but believe that Users should be able to reply to posts, an ignore option is not available and has very little value with quotes. The sites software is in the process of being upgraded and perhaps there is a solution, i'm thinking about a new and separate forum link for anyone that wants to read and/or post replies.

Pacdude said:
Wasn't there a beer thread here somewhere or was that on VPF? I tried Sam Adams Boston Lager after being hyped to death with commercials lately. It tastes extremely similar to Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale (extremely hoppy and barley tasting). It does kind of grow on you after a few, but I think I'll stick with Bass Ale and Guinness (and better yet the two combined as a Black & Tan) as my mainstay selection of beers to stock at home. I'm having trouble locating Erdinger in the Youngstown vicinity, though which sucks since I'd stock it right alongside Bass and Guinness...maybe I can find it via a website.

The thread was indeed at VPF. My suggestion there was to try a SnakeBite which is Guinness and Cider - sheer bloody marvelous :)
Even Shockman would like it LOL

This dedicated forum for Shock thing is a good start, at least there would be no mistake as to where his rants belong. However, that was what the junkyard was also supposed to be used for as well and we know how that turned out, so hopefully our instructions will be followed this time around.

Damn, I've got 6 bottle of Guinness Draught in the beer fridge right now, but sadly no Cider on-hand. I hate supermarket cider (preservatives and pasteurizing it RUINS it for the most part, IMO). I know a farmer that sells out of his truck around this time of year, though that's fresh, unpreserved and unpasteurized (with loads of warning labels these days), but he's now a bit far away (and it turns into alcohol pretty fast with no preservatives in it, which means buying a half dozen jugs doesn't exactly keep me in stock all winter as I found out the first year; had some nice hard cider hooch after a few weeks, though), but what a difference. It's the real stuff the way it was meant to be drank (when I was a kid, it was usually that way in the store too; now they worry so much about bacteria the have to ruin just about everything with chemicals which can't be good for you either).

Really, that's why draft beer is often better; many bottled beers have been pasteurized (to keep on shelves longer), which alters the flavor a bit--ususally for the worse.

Well, by all means, let people respond to his posts there.. just don't let him post anywhere else. ;)

Never figured PD for a scumpy cider drinker :) The fresh stuff does go off somewhat and can turn quite jelly-like. Wow, that takes me back.

While supermarket cider is bastardised with chemicals, there are some excellent new ciders that are sweeping across the UK. One called Magners (from Ireland) is bloody exceptional! If you see it try one - you'll not be disappointed :)

Hey!

Isn't everyone going to welcome me back?

Welcome Back Shockman
:hockey:

Thank you very much, Jon.

I like Pacdude tables and I told him so, but I am no ass kisser, don't you know?

It's not about a number. It's not about code. It's not even about the VPM team slowing down the down swing. It's about balls falling through the flippers.

How do I say this with sounding egotistical? It was a problem that everyone had. Originals, Oddballs, re-creations, VPM tables, ANYTHING that used VP's flippers and a ball.
It's not about .135 or .137 and that is the stinker here. That .002 is negligible, any difference would be unnoticeable. My core.vbs happens to use .09, if I have a problem with that slower downswing, which is rare I will then edit the table's script to speed it up. That overrides the .vbs. That is why the later versions of mmpac don't have the code, the .09 is fine. It's just a single ball machine, and that is why. Slower is after all more realistic and why I always said 'as slow as you can have it and it work' though I did give .137, oh I'm sorry, .135 as a guidline for multiball and faster tables.

The point of this is that PacDude had no right in my opinion to suggest that the team use .137 while I was beating the drum for .135 or slower if possible. It was not his work that ended the btf problem, and he in fact was saying that a fix was not possible. Likewise, he did not put it into the .vbs and it was not his to take out and I believe he had no right to take it out.

Now we have a ball through the flipper problem with new people again because he did not feel free to have his name on the fix so he took it out. It being not his name, but the fix. That is not fair to me, and it is not fair to the community.

Now, go do the right thing.

And I still have a vote to cast, don't believe me? let me know and I will make it four against then and there.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

What is the deal with this poll being out of the Junkyard, when my very similar one which I made NOT when the staff here said I should, but only after they said that they would not junk it or interfere with it at all, and also that I could post anything into it, is?. They should be ashamed of themselves, don't you think?

Are my alts. back on line? We could tie this thang real quick!

No. I think my alts. are banned. I bet it was something that Shockey said.

Who let the shit covered dog back in the house? I see he's now going to whine about something else. I fixed the VBS files so he could stop whining and so then he starts whining that it's NOT in there now...tsk tsk. Too bad. It's staying that way forever. Make sure your upswing is reasonably fast and there's no problem as like with any original table, they are now one and the same thing. You want a different speed? Use your own code. I won't put up with verbal abuse anymore over some stupid code and comment that wpcmame wrote to begin with. Any SANE person could see that. But psychopath there is anything but so what could I expect?

On a more pleasant note, I've now got some cider to try with my Guinness.... Going to go watch my recorded Battlescar Galactica episode and drink some in a few minutes.

My old HDTV is leaving in the morning so I won't have a big screen tv for a couple of weeks until I get my new 100" drop-screen front projector DLP based home theatre system installed. I've still got to pick out new speakers that will suit this room and a new receiver as well.

Eh, I just never updated that file and kept the old VBS file instead, works fine. :)

Frankly it seems a bit silly to me remove any code that improves performance, no matter whom makes claims on the source.

Cider with Guinness, never tried it, sounds alright, I think they call that a 'snake bite' here, never tried it myself.

Here a snake bite is gin and grapfruit juice. Also called a greyhound

I'm working on a better core.vbs anyway. One that improves flippers as well as some suptle ball phyics like ball spin and dead catches. basically it will stop the ball dead when it touches a flipper, no matter where the swing of the flipper is, but it don't know of course. It's all math. It will have to have the starter table with active ball enabled as well as the triggers to go with it though.

Pacdude said:
On a more pleasant note, I've now got some cider to try with my Guinness.... Going to go watch my recorded Battlescar Galactica episode and drink some in a few minutes.

Glad to hear it. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

It was okay. I prefer Bass Ale with Guinness, though. This brand of cider isn't bad for grocery store stuff, though. It's made locally and has no preservatives (it is pasteurized, though, but at least the crappy preservatives that ruin the flavor more than anything else aren't in there).

I also found out about an orchard about a half hour from here that sells the straight, unpasteurized, unpreserved stuff. I'll have to make a trip next week.

Shame it was only okay. I really thought you'd have liked it more. Never mind.

I wouldn't recommend the unpasteurised cider though - not a good mix. However, if you're buying some anyway it may be worth mixing a mini-sample to try :)

The main problem was I couldn't taste the cider all that well over the Guinness. What kind of ratio would you recommend?

Half and half was the usual mixture ... and it tasted beautiful :)

That's about what I used. Maybe I should let the cider sit a few days now that it's been opened to get a bit more bite.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back