Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995) VP8

VP8 Williams SS Recreation Updated Johnny Mnemonic is here, v1.1 v1.1 VPM 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

scapino

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Get it at
www.scapinosvpins.com , pinballnirvana.com and vpforums.org

JMv1_0ScreenShot.jpg

Second Release v1.1 4-16-2009

After much feedback about a problem with the ball leaving the left ramp, I decided to tackle that problem.

I couldn't get the ball to leave the ramp in course of normal game play on my end, so I created a kicker at the bottom of the ramp to kick a ball up the ramp at a ludacriss speed, and I was able to troubleshoot the problem.

It turns out there must be a slight problem with the VP physics, concerning a concave wall.

The curved wall on the topside of the ramp, would let a ball just drift through every now and then, about every 5 balls kicked up there, or so.

I added a second wall on the outside of the curve, and added a hit event to the main wall, that kills the balls y velocity, and its z veleocity, so that it only travels in the x direcion (around the curve).

I did that first, and the ball still every now and then creeped through the left side of the ramp, and spilled onto the top of the plastic to the left of the ramp.

Once I added the second outside wall, it never happend again.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Kurt Herman
[email protected]

Thank you very much Kurt! I tested it, no problems with the left ramp at all:)!

Last edited:
Excellllent! :)

Thanks for letting me know, Hanson2!

Kurt

Thanks for update,Kurt. :thumleft:

Thank you Kurt a really lovley table looks and plays like the real thing. Thank you very much for the fix. Dave P.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back