JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Please continue to post VPM zip files in your posts until I get your feedback,...Always feel free to post screenshots!

I'm back and am wondering.... :wtf:

This makes no sense to me, this site has full upload capabilities that would contain all of the uploaded zips in 1 place and authors could delete and edit uploads as they do on these forums. Let me explain......

The uploaded zips in these forums will probably be outdated sooner or later, I would have to figure out stuff or depend on authors to edit their attachments. This doesn't seem very convenient for authors or visitors..
Wondering if you might consider posting links to the uploaded tables here:

http://www.flipperless.com/atm/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=VPM

You could create your own folders and edit the files after you register!

Just a suggestion and I value your input!

:yourock:

Jon, it should be no surprise that I'm the one who dreamed this screwball idea up. It happened while the VPF/shivaSite server was down almost daily, for hours and almost days at a time. Not being at all tech-minded, I thought the attachement idea was a decent temporary solution to help out the VPM authors.

John

The attachment idea works, but it would be nice to have the download located in a central area.

Personally, if vpm downloads require a lot of bandwith and costs I'm not sure if separate vpm section is worth the effort. AJ's has all the vpm tables anyway and for me the temporary download section suits just fine.

People can download the tables immediately, without waiting the validation process at AJ's. I can delete the attachments right after they get validated if it's better that way. Just let me know.

kristian,

That is a good idea.

==================

Anyway. How about the attachments will be delete in 30 days automatic from the posts???

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    (AI prompt) describe the band New Riders Of The Purple Sage
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, New Riders of the Purple Sage is a country rock band that was formed in 1969 by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead and John Dawson. The band's music blends elements of rock, country, and folk, with a psychedelic twist. They are known for their laid-back, melodic sound and tight harmonies.

The band's lineup has changed over the years, with various members coming and going. Some of the most notable members include David Nelson, Buddy Cage, and Spencer Dryden. Their music often features extended improvisational jams and intricate instrumental solos.

New Riders of the Purple Sage gained a loyal following in the 1970s and 1980s, particularly among fans of the Grateful Dead. They have released numerous albums over the years and continue to tour and perform live to this day. Their music is characterized by its easy-going vibe and catchy melodies, making them a favorite among fans of Americana and jam band music.
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    oh wow, didn't know Garcia was a founding member!
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Remember them, nice close!
    (AI prompt) describe the musician Dicky Betts
    this one is the second of the hour that mentions Acapulco, the cover pic for this show, posted later, was taken at Acapulco
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Dicky Betts is a highly talented and influential musician who is best known for his work as a guitarist, singer, and songwriter in the legendary rock band The Allman Brothers Band. He is considered one of the greatest guitarists of all time, known for his soulful and melodic playing style.

Betts was a key member of The Allman Brothers Band, contributing to their signature sound with his intricate guitar work and memorable songwriting. He wrote many of the band's most beloved songs, including "Ramblin' Man" and "Blue Sky."

In addition to his work with The Allman Brothers Band, Betts has also had a successful solo career, releasing several albums and continuing to perform live. He has been recognized for his contributions to music with inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.

Overall, Dicky Betts is a highly respected and influential musician who has left a lasting impact on the world of rock music. His talent
    He died, saw it on the news.....
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    howdy gowdy
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    I forgot how to get in here lol
    JonPurpleHaze said:
    I figured out how to send invites, it's a command! /invite (Username):rockon:
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    excellent!
    Hi X, yeah Dicky Betts went to join the Jam Band In The Sky :sad:
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    it is hard to find chat room
    Hey @xenonph, it worked?
    Reactions: xenonph
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    oh sad
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    yes it worked
    saw him several times with Allman Bros band, including at Woodstock '94!
    Yeah saw today about his death...:no:
    Is that this now? 01-02 ChasBeats – Nostalgic Breeze 05 – Smoking All Day (2021)
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    you realise we now need to make a 420 site logo!!
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and Free Bally!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lmao
    :bong::bong2::bandit:
    • Love
    Reactions: xenonph
    hahah, did NOT knokw that such emojis existed!
      Free Bally! @ Free Bally!: hahah, did NOT knokw that such emojis existed!
      Back