vp forums hacked!!

Yes, still down for me too, I gather only Admin have access ATM.

Me either, I still get the 4 hour window message. If I try and select a forum area, I can see the menu at the left hand side but can get no further. Oh well, some progress has been made.

With all do respect Shockman does not possess the type of intel needed to hack a site like VPF and come to think of it the only person who might be able to do it among active members is someone I respect so I will not mention names but I do know that person or persons would not do it

VPF was hacked by those fanatic Muslims, totally unrelated to any of the membership past or present.

I would imagine that Admins would probably have access first that way they can fix what ever was messed up before it is opened up back to the public I'd say it will be at least 4 to 6 hours before it will be ready but just guessing

StevOz said:
VPF was hacked by those fanatic Muslims, totally unrelated to any of the membership past or present.

You missed the point of my post I was commenting on who has the smarts and who doesn't

Well actually anyone could do it with enough time and a little knowledge, they use google to search for expliots in software then hack them.

I've noticed that Google will return results based on
HTML/script code searches, even when the code is in the
page's header information or otherwise does not appear
on the page itself. The search engines probably should filter out these results though that would dampen the study of internet scripting.
Do any of the web engines like php or vb have the ability to hide source code from the search engines?

See the problemo is Muslims don't drink and that's a problemo. Cuz drinking does the soul GOOD. AND WHEN THAT'S GOOD IT'S OTAY! oYAYA!?

YYEEEEEEEHAAAAWWW!

sleepy said:
I've noticed that Google will return results based on
HTML/script code searches, even when the code is in the
page's header information or otherwise does not appear
on the page itself. The search engines probably should filter out these results though that would dampen the study of internet scripting.
Do any of the web engines like php or vb have the ability to hide source code from the search engines?

Yes, you can control what a search engine will see and add to it's database with specialized instructions. You can set it to ignore or not search pages, folders or entire sections. But the problem is the structures of these things are very easy to figure out, so you have to protect your directory as well, as well as protect your webserver from outside access.

It also depends a lot on how the program is coded itself. phpBB is well known for not being very secure until recently, but there are still flaws that allow things like automated bots registering and then posting spam. The new version in beta fixes that with a new image verification system, as well as some other common holes.

VB doesn't post actual holes or problems, they just give the fix out for updates, so it's a lot tougher for hackers to get in unless they really know what they are doing, but most sites are hacked because the webmaster doesn't patch holes. Sometimes it can't be helped, but you should make it as tough as possible at the very least.

okay i can hit VPF now as a guest. i see a couple new posts by slapnuts.

surely other ppl can get in the site now?

Good for me too :) Great news.

It's not up for me. Can someone on the staff help me out here? I'm not asking you to do anything against your religion, I'm just asking you to not stand in the way like you said you would. Please remove the IP block or the ban, and I think I might be able to access the site. All I'm asking is all I ever asked. Please keep your word, and let me back in. Ban me with my blessing and never hear about it again if what you are so sure that is going to happen comes to be.

Before you move this to the junkyard, stop and think of what is happening here. I am asking to get what I was told I could have. If I fuck that up then I am telling you that none of you will ever hear another word about it from me, or any one else I have control over, an alt, etc. I am making peace with you. I am going to forgive you every thing, and ask you to forgive nothing. Keep it, hold it against me, everything but believing you when you told me something, PLEASE, do not hold that against me. It's morbid to do so, have more respect for your self.

VPForums Hacked its a good thread to suggest that I should be given the chance to know that if I fuck up I will be banned, not confined to the AC which is what I wanted at that time. Don't bait me, not task me, just do it. Just quietly go and remove the IP ban so I can get tables. That's NOT all I'm asking. Remove the IP ban and let me get tables. that's just one part of it. The entire remainder is putting an end to this mess. It would be better than me giving up, and leaving, wouldn't it be? You might think it would be nice, or even great, but would you think that that is right?

All I have to offer is to drop this. All I ask is I get much less than what I was told by the staff I could have if I worked for it, and I did the work for it. The staff is against that? They seem to be but I don't believe it. I don't think anyone would be against it.

Thanks for not moving this post. I still think we can get past this, with out me abandoning the community.

I offer one of 2 things.

Forgiveness and peace with my membership back.
Forgiveness and peace after being banned for lying about it.

Only the Admin at VPF could do that for you Shockman, not me I'm just a moderator there, I'll allow your post to stand as a sign of goodwill.

You are a staffer there. You can help. Say you don't want to if you don't, but don't tell me you can't.

All further VPF related replies by you Shockman will be junked, I cannot restore your account at VPF, only an Admin can do that, that is the nature of the forum software and the staff structure there, do not tell me what I can or can't do.

Shockman said:
I still think we can get past this, with out me abandoning the community.

Think how popular you would become if you did though.

John

Well, now it's hacked by someone in Egypt. Guess it'll take another 2 days to 'fix' this again.

Why a pinball site whats the point we don't hurt anyone and we obviously don't bother anyone

What a bunch of absolute arseholes! :(

What is the point! :s

I hope nobody is wasting their time with getting upset about such an insignificant incident,...you know, just 'get over it',...;)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back