VPF- down again.

That you wouldnt know dead-obvious sarkasm[sic] if id hit you over the head with it?
So after the fact you're going to retroactively "claim" that it's sarcasm...
23.gif
right...
29.gif
30.gif

(Seems like some people havent read a certain 'PostMans' comment in a certain other thread where he thinks that being concerned about the situation is 'complaining'
Actually, I have read it...
3.gif
Why do you think I was able to remember to what I made reference to it when I quote you previously, schmuck?...
23.gif
If it looks like a complainer, swims like a complainer and quacks like a complainer and lay eggs like a complainer, then it probably is a complainer...
29.gif
I know PacDude can personally attest to this...
30.gif
"The white inserts look too white and not sandy enough"...
phoenixx_final.40x12.gif
112.gif

and that people who never donated any money directly to VPF ought to STFU anyway.
No, his point was that it's seemly very hypocritical to start a thread about the end of VPF, despite the fact you've never donated to it; but obviously that sentiment is wasted on the purposely obtuse such as yourself...
29.gif
If all you've gleaned is that he wants you to, in your words, "STFU"... well you can't even manage that correctly...
30.gif

You see Vladimir, thats precisely the difference between you and me. (And some other people for that matter.)

When i realize that i screwed up i have the decency to apologize, and, if necessairy, i also have the balls to admit that i have been an idiot. That clears the situation and everyone can move on, which means case closed and i can keep my selfrespect.

But not types like you. You would rather go on for days even weeks twisting and turning my words and their meanings into total utter bullshit that doesnt even make an ounce of sense just to try to save your sorry faces, (as if), totally ignoring the fact that it makes you look more idiotic with every new try. And why it that? Because you are MORONS who will never learn. Thats why.

Point in case; the white inserts remark. Doesnt have anything to do with the topic at hand whatsoever, not even remotely, yet you feel the need to drag that ancient thing up again only to have something to rave on about at all. Now while some people might actually be stupid enough to believe any of that crap, (which must be your very modus operandi), there is one significant flaw in this strategy to make me look bad, and that is the simple yet significant fact that everyone can look up that thread to see that i said right from the start that i do not wish to discuss this any further, and that he should simply have his opinion and i will have mine. That means it doesnt take anything more than just one single look at the thread in question to totally defeat your lame try to discredit me, yet you are picturing it as if it was me who didnt let go of the topic anyway, which means the only thing you might be accomplishing here at most could be to make yourself look as stupid as you obviously are. Now while i do kind of applaud that, i still have to wonder; what is the point in doing so anyway? Masochistic inclinations? Or just sheer stupidity? I mean since it will gain you nothing you might as well let it be in the 1st place, not?

I did kind of like the "if it looks like and walks like and quacks like" sentence though:

Originally posted by stevanflores
This is my first attempt at making a table. Comments and critiques welcome.
Originally posted by ValamirCleaver
71.gif
Is it the first in a series?
21.gif
Should we be expecting Nash Metropolitan, VW Beetle, AMC Gremlin, Ford Pinto, Chevy Vega, etc...?
24.gif
I rest my case,...

I also don't buy into the idea of all the 1 dollar donations, because if you're that cheap, then you'd also know to create 10 accounts to get around the download limit.
why would someone want to screw around with making ten different accounts with ten different emails to register them with the expectation (from most other sites) that as soon as their IP# was detected that they wouldn't even be able to make the second account, if all they had to do was donate a nickel or something to get unlimited DL's?

My whole argument revolves around the fact that AJ has posted that donations don't cover server costs and the fact that he has shown no interest in the people or VP for the last 5 years, but still retains possession and responsibility of the site. I guess there is a third possibility and that would be that he is an idiot, but I think I can rule that baby out.
or the scenerio that i sketched out?

bob, i don't even understand what your goal is in the first place in saying that AJ makes money from the site. you know you can't be sure, so why put it out there for other people to get riled up about?

re: the speed of this site,
this site loads and performs slow here also. i think it's probably okay serving the function that it does now (running PO and IRP) but it seems insane to think that it could handle VPF's bandwidth. just look at shiva's estimates above.

I just have to learn how to do those links. :)

Didn't PD eventually make his lights less of bright white? I can't remember, but it was usually how he used other people's ideas.... Criticize the idea at first and then at a later time, make a minor change to the idea and call it the PD's light hue system. LOL, that joke was for me. :)

Sorry Nic, I'm not trying to rile people up.... I'm just giving my opinion on why anyone would keep a site in operation when they have no visible sign of interest and claim it costs them money. It's not logical.... People do create multiple accounts, I've seen them and I'm sure a few people donate a dollar, but I bet both of those things happen very seldom, but I'll never know for sure.

you complain about the speed of this site
yet how many people have donated to JPH?

STFU ;)

you complain about the speed of this site
yet how many people have donated to JPH?

STFU ;)

Hey TMFP, look under those 5 pinballs that are under my name on the left.

smilies-32236.png

:salut:
Opps, I was talking about the other guys

yea, and i'm sorry to press on the issue, bob. i guess it's somewhat frustrating that we can continue to have this argument for years and never have it be resolved. but maybe that's just the way it is.

AJ's actions may not be logical but they may be human. point one.

people do indeed fool around with extra accts, but it's still easier to donate a pittance if you already have a paypal acct. point two.

AJ seems to be using VPF as a trophy, therefore he has little incentive to give it away or keep working on it. point three.

sc0734ig.gif

Above smiley for TMFP....

Nic, we just have to agree to disagree.... I wonder what shiva thinks about my opinion or if he thinks AJ is just keeping a trophy.
e015.gif

Last edited:
Posty, since you are here right now i would really like to recommend you reading up on Ad Hominem Arguments. Take Vladimir along too as he could certainly need some education in that department as well. After that, i recommend a trip to 'The Poisoned Well'.

Ad hominem abusive

Ad hominem abusive (also called argumentum ad personam) usually and most notoriously involves insulting or belittling one's opponent, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensibly damning character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions. This tactic is frequently employed as a propaganda tool among politicians who are attempting to influence the voter base in their favor through an appeal to emotion rather than by logical means, especially when their own position is logically weaker than their opponent's.

Damn.... I needed this smilie earlier....

36_1_36.gif

I take it back.... I don't want to know how to insert links. I'll stick with smilies.

3.gif

I take it back.... I don't want to know how to insert links. I'll stick with smilies.

In case you change your mind:

1.) Copy a URL into the clipboard

2.) Type a word / several words

3.) Highlight it / them

4.) Press the
createlink.gif
button and insert the URL

5.) Click O.K.

6.) Done

You can do almost anything here by highlighting a word /several words and then pressing the respective button. Bold, Italic, Underlined, URLs, etc.,...

I am confused Phonyxx
you WANT me to start making personal insults?

@Bob
Yes please, stick to smilies
Those big words that VC and Phonyxx use make my brain hurt

I guess TMFP is right, I should stick to Smilies

EDIT - Thanks Phoenixx, that's really cool!

Thanks Phoenixx, that's really cool!

It really is, isnt it!?

Thats why i like this place so much,...the software here is lightyears ahead,...

omg, toms everywhere.

Thanks.

May i insult you back now or would that offend you?

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
I cannot wait all day for you to come up with something

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back