VPF is nutso...

Do you really think AJ uses VPF funds to support that marines site, I just can't see it myself looking at the site in question they seem to have plenty of funds all of there own.

As for the worst, the best site, you know this will always amuse me because for me it's never been a competition or will it ever be, it's about pinball emulation and sharing, really it is.

Though if I had to vote for the best I would say VPFF, no moderators or admin to blame for your petty personal differences, false morals and pride. That place ended up dying because you wouldn't live and let live, strange that and here you are all doing it again.

Re: RE: VPF is nutso...

TheManFromPOST said:
JPH, I am a little confused
Yes, I know that AJ owns a few sites
but can you please show me the link at VPF that links to a Marines site

So, you cannot show me a link at VPF to a Marines website?

RE: Re: RE: VPF is nutso...

So AJ make's a few bucks off VPF, thank god he does or he would have closed the place, since he certainly has no interest in VP anymore.
Randy Davis has posted more than AJ in the last couple of years and that includes the staffroom.
Shiva knows everything, but never says anything.
JPH is my friend, but he is very confused about the last 2 VPF's staff.
Shockman is unbelievably unable to grasp a thought.
TMFP makes pastries for tarts
StevOz putts around and eventually drops one in a hole.
Nic is a great guy and perfect person for VPF admin.

250px-I_like_Ike.jpg

RE: Re: RE: VPF is nutso...

turn your head and spit now bob!

VPF is all fucked up.
Go to the mame forums and see how many people don't laugh when you say VPF is a healthy well run community.

Staff is corrupt, they lie, they bully, and they are crooked. They are, I'll gladly show anybody why if they don't already know. They also can't pry their lips of PD's ass long enough to realize they are choking the place to death.
Meanwhile they let PD drive out any potential talent. Hearing that destruk is leaving soon, PD will pretty much have his wish of having and running the place by himself.
The only other guy trying to release tables anymore is that Salas guy. But he's new! Give it time. I actually put up with that BS for a year or two before I decided it wasn't worth hanging around.

Came around recently to give it another try, but with PD's ego expanded even more and with an incompetent staff (and the GlobalVR issue, or whoever they are called this week), that lasted about a month. And I didn't go there to start trouble, I went to try and share my stuff, share my resources, help noobs (if any ever decide to have the balls to build a table in the house of the PD), and to share my opinions on things.

But, all that happened was that I got criticised for everything under the sun, had an admitted (admitted all too often) campaign to screw me and run me back out of VP (rub by tilt and PD, of course), and apparently got on the wrong side of a crooked staff. I also made the mistake of thinking staff might fairly run the place and treat everybody equal.

Thus, VPF is crap. Coming from somebody who did nothing but try to contribute and help out (I know PD and tilt will tell you otherwise...Nic/Ike is against me too, so I'm ready to be told I'm an arrogant asshole and only wants to pick fights).
I'm not perfect, but I (or anybody else) hasn't done anything to deserve to be treated as I have other there (except for the people I mentioned, but Karma will bite them in the ass soon enough).
I have members of the old staff telling me how these 4 D/A's were pretty fucked up.
Anybody get a D/A for re-posting an acceptable thread? I did!
Anybody ever get a D/A for posting something that was disrespectful to somebody, but only to find out that the person that the post was directed at wasn't even offended at all, but it was staff that decided they were offended for him? (of course, this is due to the overprotection of those involved with ultrapin).

Anybody can choose to believe me about this or not, but if you don't want to, I'll be happy to take you on the tour that shows what I'm talking about.

There is a reason why people are disgruntled over there. There is a reason why there are fewer authors and modders than ever.
There is why most good and talented authors don't even post there anymore, or go there at all, and some won't even share their tables there or want to have anything to do with the site.
And I know all about the people trying to break into the site but are afraid to jump into that mess.
Who knows? The mess at VPF might of made a few table authors pass up on the idea of getting involved, maybe they would of been the best talents ever.

Or, you can be happy with PD's tables. I think they are great! But only because pretty much nobody else is posting tables to give him any competition. Then when Kurt posts a table, they make PD's look like a turd.
Honestly, PD's tables aren't that great to me anymore. Being a table author and knowing how he is, I know why not to be impressed. But this isn't about bashing anybody (no matter what they did to me).
I'm just saying that PD isn't so special that staff should be content if he was the only one building tables.
And given his posts lately, I don't think he will be able to build tables from the psych ward.

As for me, I still love pinball and building tables. I will continue to do that. Hopefully in a place that gets run properly and promotes talking about pinball (rather than creating argument clinics for staff to throw gas on already blazing fires). Great idea guys!
Other than that, I'll do what I always do. Enjoy the summer, play some sports, get some more sun, go to my classes, and fuck my beautiful girlfriend!
It's great to be young, healthy, and fortunate. Life is great for me right now, which is why I can't even believe I've wasted my time on pinball politics as opposed to spending more time working on tables.
It used to be fun posting. But I can post a new table release and somebody like PD will trash it. It's too bad, really.
I'll do what I'll do. I may not be around VPF, but people can find me, and my VP/FP projects will be around.
Why would I quit that? I enjoy being in the editors, and I'm still getting better at building tables! I haven't peaked yet.
No VPF. More time for pinball!

Rob, post away here.... I think you'll fit right in. There is also a shivasite somewhere and VPGD can always use another antiPD'er. Maybe you and your bro could start your own forum with unauthorized mods allowed. Maybe you could be part of the next VPF staff which will probably be Gottlieb's crew, since no one else will do it, that will be good for a few laughs.

So now diarrhea mouth has decided to spread his germs here. I'm sure glad I'm not part of this site any longer. Rob and Shockman together is more than anyone should have to endure. But if I was still an Admin, I'd reset maximum post length to 50 words and drive Motormouth insane. And Mr Whine & Cheese, don't even think of telling me I don't have a right, as a co-founder of this site, I can say what I please. And you are not only a liar who cheats by making dup accts, you're also a low life. I sure hope for you poor parent's sake that you don't have a brother. And I thought PN couldn't get any worse. If JPH had any sense, which he doesn't he'd simply close this pig sty.

bob said:
Rob, post away here.... I think you'll fit right in. There is also a shivasite somewhere and VPGD can always use another antiPD'er. Maybe you and your bro could start your own forum with unauthorized mods allowed. Maybe you could be part of the next VPF staff which will probably be Gottlieb's crew, since no one else will do it, that will be good for a few laughs.

Good ole Bob, always ready with the laughs. I don't know it even you have enough jokes to cover up the stench of PN.

You aint seen nothing yet John, was thinking of a two for one account, special offer, maybe even free mud, what da ya think?

What the hey where is that buddhist nirvana toon, I really got a kick out of this one. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20060702b_129.jpg
    20060702b_129.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 304
rob046 said:
Or, you can be happy with PD's tables. I think they are great! But only because pretty much nobody else is posting tables to give him any competition. Then when Kurt posts a table, they make PD's look like a turd.

That's no reflection on PD's "ability" and you know it. It's YOUR perception that PD's tables are "turds" compared with Kurts, but the simple matter of it is in the different techniques they use. And you should know that Rob.

VPF was fine until you came back and started spouting your "I'm right and you're not" bullshit. You couldn't stand it when someone "called" you on it so you had to get all wordy on them and posted a lot of doublespeak and jibber jabber to try and make yourself look intelligent.

All it did was make you look like the complete and utter moron you are Rob. It's that simple.

Go back to the bowels of Black's forums where you spewed forth. I certainly won't miss you when the door hits you in the ass.

That's not how it works. competition is much more likely to make all competitors better.

Kurt is on the bleeding edge of the state of the art. PacDude is as well even if he does not define it alone as Scapino does.

Source material is the shit though, not talent, that's second.

Is this the Whine & Cheese Forum? LOL. :D It's funny how many contradictions are found in Rob's post there. He's not here to cause trouble, but ends up doing so. He's there to share his resources, but doesn't actually do it cuz they're top secret 'n' stuff so you have to contact him and practically suck his dick first. He's not here to bash anyone, but repeatedly does so anyway. He thinks my tables are great, but then again they're not; they're turds.

Sadly, I'm starting to see why he's confused whether he's Rob or Ben. :/

Frankly, ask anyone who has ever asked me for anything VP related (within reason) and see if I didn't give it to them. I've added entire sets of options to my tables purely at request and usually fix most major bugs within a few days of it being reported if I have the time to do so. The idea I've run out authors or even potenetial authors is ludicrous, although admittedly Rob is a good candidate for that given he repeated assenine behaviors that clearly have landed him several D/As.

Ask JPSalas if I've ever been rude to him or shunned him or whatever you want. Hell, ask Nicolas if I gave him permission to mod AFM for a close-up version even though I disagreed with the premise. This idea I'm some kind of pompous ass that wants my name on everything is without basis. Now look for evidence of that with Rob and I think you'll find more than a few circumstanial pieces of evidence. Where have I ever released a MOD without permission? I even had permission by the time I released Dr. Who from KC even though it was a actually a mod of Krellan's table (seeing as he thinks I stole his stock flyer image, despite the fact it was freely available on the IPDC). I tried to keep everyone happy.

The people I've had run-ins with are around and they left VPF because they were unhappy with the mod rules there. It's interesting it was suggested you go to VPGD, given most of the people there are seriously ANTI-MOD, which ironically are the people I used to bump heads with. But even back then, I said my views were actually the moderate/middle ground ones and so it was inevitable I would clash with the opposite sooner or later (the let's let modders do whatever they feel like irrespective of the original author crowd that Rob and Nicky belong to).

Respect is a two way street and if you don't respect the staff and you don't respect the other authors, yeah you're going to butt with some heads. It's why the vast majority of conflicts in the VP community are between authors and/or staff members, not casual users who don't have a flying fuck about any of that and just want to download neat whiz bang tables.

Actually, Shockman, if source material is so damn hard to come by, how the hell does Kurt manage? How do I manage for that matter? I've got enough material for another dozen tables, at least and that's without even having to ask for anything. Frankly, it's not that hard to come by if you look even a little bit.

Other than that, I'll do what I always do. Enjoy the summer, play some sports, get some more sun, go to my classes, and fuck my beautiful girlfriend!

Wow. I bet she gets a lot of respect. Does she know you talk about her like she's a piece of meat online? I, for one, treat women like equals not like they're some kind of status symbol to OWN.

I never said source material is so damn hard to come by. I said it's the shit. That means if you have good material you can make a good table, if you have bad material you can't. Still, you're a fool if you think good material is easy to come by. Kurt, I'd say he has a source, you too, and that both of you do or have someone preparing them for use. Damned hard and impossible are two different things. I could say it's easy to make your lights cast light on all the table elements, but it's just not, I have managed though.

I read RGP (rec.games.pinball) every day (and have for the last 5 years). Peoplae are always linking to pictures of their "shop" jobs, or ebay auctions. I snag every picture I think I can use, even if it is for a table I am not particularly interested in. Never know when I might be. :) I have 1 dvd (3.9 Gigs) full now, and am working on my next 4 gigs.

Mr. Hide occasionally helps with stuff as well. As does everyone else for that matter. All you have to do is ask. If I have any pics you need, ask and I'll send them.

There are a lot of tables I have nothing on though. I had to re-draw the playfield for Eight Ball Champ, Supersonic, and Strikes and Spares, as there were no good pics available. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Kurt

So there's a conspiracy now regarding source material too, eh Shockman? :D

Fuck you.

I never said or implied or even thought that.

Pacdude said:

Wow. I bet she gets a lot of respect. Does she know you talk about her like she's a piece of meat online? I, for one, treat women like equals not like they're some kind of status symbol to OWN.

She does.
And I don't talk about her like she's a piece of meat. I didn't say anything bad about her, I paid her a compliment. In fact, I might get a BJ if she read what I said about her!
Just because I use the word "fuck" in there doesn't mean anything bad. It's the same as saying "I will go make passionate love to my beautiful girlfriend".
Insert the word "fuck" in there. Same premise. Same act. She likes dirty talk anyhow.
You should get to know the opposite sex, its quite a trip.

In fact, if anybody gets treated like a piece of meat, its me. You look at her and think innocent churchgoer. You hear her mouth and you think drunken sailor.
I love how you assume things with such little evidence, PD.
Also how you constantly talk about hypocricy, which is so hypocritical!
Oh oh. And I love how you try to accuse people of lying when your track record of "truth" is pretty much nil as far as accusations go.
Nobody believes you.
Try making an accusation with some sort of fact. Either that, or make it your opinion. Something you think you do, but you definitely don't.

BTW, you suck and aren't worth the time of day so I got to cut this short.
For somebody preaching about "equals", you are a HYPOCRITE. Before you preach to me about how to treat people equally, you should first learn how to treat your fellow man equally, then try understanding women if you can ever comprehend how to treat man first.

Yeah, pretend like you weren't on (and still are) a public crusade to run me out of VP (even though you claimed, like superman, that it was for the good of everybody that I not be around). Guess what? Not everybody agrees.

Funny during the last couple weeks that I was insulted the most for wanting to destroy VP and accused of being arrogant and selfish, meanwhile I actually spent more time than ever helping out the community, except I don't advertise it. I'm uploading gigs of pics to people as you are thinking of how to outdo your last insult. Pretend like you don't think you are better than myself (and everybody else).

At least ask staff to kick me out instead of pretending that you run the place.
Staff may lick your anus and you gladly part your ass cheeks for the rimjob, but shut your trap for the respect of others, how about your peers? Funny that noob fanboys are always your biggest supporters, until they are around long enough.
JPSalas? He's still new. He wasn't even here when I left last fall. Give it time! But I hope you do leave him alone.
You do sound proud that you haven't tried to run him out of VP yet. Congrats PD!
I hope you keep up the good work. At least until he builds a table that really starts to steal your thunder.

The way you talk about your imaginary girlfriend, which is probably your hand, is a disgrace, even for you. You give a new meaning to the term low life. You should be a poster child in favor of abortion. Why you remain in VP when it's clear that you are loathed shows just how messed up you are.

What's fucked John is people like you, that think if you don't like someone that they should not be around. Rob has talked shit, but so has PacDude, so have we all, except maybe Petri.

The only thing I know about Rob is that he has a passion for pinball, is good at using VP and FP, and he does not get along with Pac and other Dudes. So fucking what? I like him based on what little I know.

What I don't like is people that think it is more important that they be around than certain others. It's Bull Shit.

You get all huffy if I tell you to suck my cock and stfu, but you would tell someone that it would be better if their parents would have aborted them? well, suck my cock and stfu!

Jon. How would you like it if Steve moved your thread to the junkyard?
You can't talk too much. some, oh yeah. about VPF bunches, but you can't talk too damn much about how to run a site.

Look at the stuff of mine that has been moved there. A marine around here might be a good thing.

scapino said:
I read RGP (rec.games.pinball) every day (and have for the last 5 years). Peoplae are always linking to pictures of their "shop" jobs, or ebay auctions. I snag every picture I think I can use, even if it is for a table I am not particularly interested in. Never know when I might be. :) I have 1 dvd (3.9 Gigs) full now, and am working on my next 4 gigs.

Mr. Hide occasionally helps with stuff as well. As does everyone else for that matter. All you have to do is ask. If I have any pics you need, ask and I'll send them.

There are a lot of tables I have nothing on though. I had to re-draw the playfield for Eight Ball Champ, Supersonic, and Strikes and Spares, as there were no good pics available. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Kurt

Right kurt. I've amassed 16 gigs of pics by searching all corners of the internet.
You'll find me on RGP as well, just searching for info, interesting topics, and the occasional pic.
It isn't exactly a treasure trove of pics, but if you are willing to be a trooper and sift through all those posts, you can find some stuff.

And I put this all back into the community.
I've never even had to talk about it until recently. As I've worked harder than ever in getting resources to the community and even getting a couple noobs a reason to start building (and I hope they stick with it). I clicked, pic by pic, 10 gigs of pics a couple weeks back.

Now that is a chore! But I knew that even though I wasn't going to be building 98% of the tables, the community would love this stuff. Especially as FP takes off with the tons of cab shots I got as well.
I have uploaded nearly 2 gigs since I downloaded that 10 gigs (now 6 gigs after ditching the crappy pics).
Now, I only mention this because a certain odd couple chooses to call me selfish, arrogant, and wanting to destroy VP, and chasing me out of VP.

And that couldn't be further from the truth. So its sad but now I actually have to say that yeah, I spend as much time helping others and the community behind the scenes as I do on my own projects.
I've never bragged about it, but its true. And I have a lot of people that will come to my defense about that.
But I think, aside from PD and his fanboys, those that know me know what is true.

Anyhow, like some people posting in this thread might do, I could of hoarded tons of great pics all for myself, some for tables I would eventually like to do.
But I was so excited for the community, that I kind of dangerously posted about the pics before I even downloaded them all and told people to contact me if they needed something in the list.

I had to be careful as I didn't want the guy (private site, locked folders) thinking I was going to give his password out or tip off where I got them because his site would of surely crashed. And no more access for me.
Yet, I was excited and I thought other people would be excited as well.

Those that posted in my thread, mostly just insults and accusations that I'm lying. I don't need thanks for doing all of this and for all the time I spent on it, but at least hold back filling the thread full of insults and false accusations (tiltjlp). Anyhow, there is now well over a dozen people that PM'd me for pics, coming up on 2 gigs uploaded.

Most of them didn't say thanks and I know I won't get much credit (if any) for the tables made better by the pics, which is fine as I know the pics will go to good use and that is all I ask, but at least they didn't insult me.

It's pretty bad when at VPF I actually take "no insults" as compliments!
Really, the bad vibes come from just a few bad apples, but you know what they say about just a few bad apples.
They will sit here all day and swear that I'm the one that is "ruining VP". Let em. I've never once said I want to see the VP scene destroyed.

I might of said I wouldn't mind seeing VPF get a fresh start, but don't equate that to me hating the VP community. Again, couldn't be further from the truth.
There is probably only a couple people willing to be selfless and drop their own projects to help others.

I'm one of them. And Kurt certainly is another, as he said, he is always willing to help. He has helped me. Him and a couple other people will help, no strings attached, no politics involved. That is how it should be, and I try to give the same back.
So even though I'm saying I do give a lot back, I have also recieved a lot from certain people. Also, there is a selfish side of sharing and giving.

Me, I like to play tables, I love seeing new authors, I love seeing GOOD things happen to the VP scene (no corporate BS, just good old free passion for pinball like the good old days). And when I share, it benefits all those things. And I even get to play new or better tables because of it!
Unlike some, I realize I can't build every table in the world from scratch, so I do collect pics and info so others can (in a selfish way) do it for me.
Honestly, why would I have 16 gigs of pics and manuals (ect.) if I only cared about myself.

I'd say 95% of the stuff I share, nobody but the person that recieves it finds out about it. But a table gets improved, an author is made happy, users are happy. Nothing but good things.
Only problem with some people in the scene and at VPF is that if they don't see you do something, you must not do it, you must be selfish.
That is a lack of trust and faith in the good things people do. Have faith. I see it all the time. Get immersed in that private world of helping others, rather than gloat about yourself in public (PD).

And he calls those posts SHORT. LOL.

At least I can admit my mistakes and have done so. Rob can't even see his. When he says something like, "Nobody believes you" then you KNOW that he's a megalomaniac because only a total egotist automatically assumes that everyone MUST agree with you because you're always right.

And I sure as hell have never started a 2nd account and pretended to be my own brother to support myself because no one else will.... I mean how fucking low can you go, Rob?

I agree PacDude. You're two peas in a pod.

Now go get me a fucking IPA!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back