What music are you listening to?

Early show's playlist, guaranteed you ain't heard much of this stuff:

01-01 Geese - Projector 07 - Exploding House (2021)
01-02 Sinead O'Connor & Roger Waters - Black Album 214 - Mother (2001)
01-03 Celelalte Cuvinte - Celelalte Cuvinte 06 - Fantana Suspinelor (1987)
01-04 Coheed And Cambria - Rise, Naianasha (Cut The Cord) (2021)
02-01 Eugene Chadbourne - I've Been Everywhere 07 - We Keep The KKK In Line (1988)
02-02 Jackyl - Push Comes To Shove 05 - Dixieland (1994)
02-03 Jack 'O The Clock - Leaving California 03 - The Butcher (2021)
02-04 The Flower Kings - The Sum Of No Evil 203 - Regal Divers (2007)

Italian, Italian! They have music in their blood, and what music!
Con Te Partiro

What music am I listening to? Over the past week it's been all dogs and meat. And the occasional hot dog of course! Ground down the results into a couple radio shows, feel free to lend an ear... first the Dog Show Thursday 9-10 PM (Eastern) over at:

And then right after, from 10-Midnite (Eastern), since Tuesday was National Hamburger Day in the ole U. Of S.A. there's the Meat Show (including a nice squirrel set, for those opposed to ranching!) That show can be heard by streaming:

Playlist for the early show:

01-01 Andrews Sisters & Glen Miller Orchestra - Chesterfield Broadcasts 202 - The Little Red Fox (1939)
01-02 Primus - They Can't All Be Zingers 03 - Too Many Puppies (2006)
01-03 Ogden Edsl Wahalia Blues Ensemble Mondo Bizzario Band - Stuffed 107 - Dead Puppies (1977)
01-04 Hank, Stu, Dave & Hank - Dr. Demento The Greatest Novelty Records Of All Time 804 - My Dead Dog Rover
01-05 Mountain Tamer - Live In The Mojave Desert Vol5 07 - Funeral Of A Dog (2021)
01-06 Curtis Salgado & Alan Hager - Rough Cut 04 - I Want My Dog To Live Longer (The Greatest Wish) (2018)
02-01 The Drum Club - Feed Your Head Vol1 102 - Furry Meadows (Dogstar Mix) (1993)
02-02 George Coleman - Bongo Joe 102 - Innocent Little Doggy (1969)
02-03 Mason Williams - Them Poems And Things 14 - Them Dog Kickers (1964)
02-04 Rusty Kershaw - Now And Then 12 - Stop Kicking My Dog Around (1992)
03-01 Lobo - Introducing Lobo 101 - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo (1973)
03-02 Jim Jackson - Vocalion 1146 - Old Dog Blue (1928)
03-03 Barry Crump & Paul Harrops - Kiwi SA70 - A Dog Named Blue (1970)
03-04 Buddy Peace - Present Volume 2 (February) 10 - Verbal Cerberus (2020)
03-05 Robert Johnson - Vocalion 03623 - Hellhound On My Trail (1937)
03-06 Roky Erickson & Bleib Alien - Mars 1000 - Red Temple Prayer (Two Headed Dog) (1975)
03-07 Steve Hackett & The Underworld Orchestra - Metamorpheus 09 - Cerberus At Peace (2005)

What music am I listening to? Over the past week it's been all dogs and meat. And the occasional hot dog of course! Ground down the results into a couple radio shows, feel free to lend an ear... first the Dog Show Thursday 9-10 PM (Eastern) over at:

And then right after, from 10-Midnite (Eastern), since Tuesday was National Hamburger Day in the ole U. Of S.A. there's the Meat Show (including a nice squirrel set, for those opposed to ranching!) That show can be heard by streaming:

Playlist for the early show:

01-01 Andrews Sisters & Glen Miller Orchestra - Chesterfield Broadcasts 202 - The Little Red Fox (1939)
01-02 Primus - They Can't All Be Zingers 03 - Too Many Puppies (2006)
01-03 Ogden Edsl Wahalia Blues Ensemble Mondo Bizzario Band - Stuffed 107 - Dead Puppies (1977)
01-04 Hank, Stu, Dave & Hank - Dr. Demento The Greatest Novelty Records Of All Time 804 - My Dead Dog Rover
01-05 Mountain Tamer - Live In The Mojave Desert Vol5 07 - Funeral Of A Dog (2021)
01-06 Curtis Salgado & Alan Hager - Rough Cut 04 - I Want My Dog To Live Longer (The Greatest Wish) (2018)
02-01 The Drum Club - Feed Your Head Vol1 102 - Furry Meadows (Dogstar Mix) (1993)
02-02 George Coleman - Bongo Joe 102 - Innocent Little Doggy (1969)
02-03 Mason Williams - Them Poems And Things 14 - Them Dog Kickers (1964)
02-04 Rusty Kershaw - Now And Then 12 - Stop Kicking My Dog Around (1992)
03-01 Lobo - Introducing Lobo 101 - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo (1973)
03-02 Jim Jackson - Vocalion 1146 - Old Dog Blue (1928)
03-03 Barry Crump & Paul Harrops - Kiwi SA70 - A Dog Named Blue (1970)
03-04 Buddy Peace - Present Volume 2 (February) 10 - Verbal Cerberus (2020)
03-05 Robert Johnson - Vocalion 03623 - Hellhound On My Trail (1937)
03-06 Roky Erickson & Bleib Alien - Mars 1000 - Red Temple Prayer (Two Headed Dog) (1975)
03-07 Steve Hackett & The Underworld Orchestra - Metamorpheus 09 - Cerberus At Peace (2005)
I missed the first show dang it! Playlist looked great!
I had company over.
Can't believe I missed chance to hear Dead Puppies aren't much fun, and I'm looking over My Dead Dog Rover!
I did tune into second show, but it was a repeat of last weeks "Sorry" show?

Death in Vegas this song was one that was addictive to listen to

Seether Breakdown one of those radio songs

Drowning Pool Turn So Cold - i think I listened to this one a bunch of times had it in the cd player when driving anywhere.

Death in Vegas this song was one that was addictive to listen to

"Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Duuuude, Spooky--
If that's the song, then could you kindly give me the band name?
Or if that's the band, then could you kindly give me the song name?

Woof, matey, WOOF!!

Okay, I get that Sinatra was likely highly skeptical of Elvis, not just as an individual, but also as someone as part of the general wave of new singers increasingly rendering cool-Frank and hip-Frank singers largely 'irrelevant.' You know what I mean?

But then, I like how Frank 'made nice' here for this 1958 special, in which Elvis returns from military service:

Getting ready for @Free Bally!'s Thursday night radio shows, I don't know the theme yet for the 9PM to 10PMEST show at:
Listen Live Link: http://streaming.wayofm.org:8000/wayo-192.m3u in about 10 minutes.

The scheduled theme for his 10PM to 12AM EST is ALL Iron Butterfly, I haven't heard them in awhile!
Listen Live Link: https://listen.rochesterfreeradio.com/live.mp3
Play list from: https://gotosleepgotosleepgotosleep.com/2024/06/06/ep-108-butterflish/

gts108 “butterflish”​

Last IB tribute, Doug was the last surviving original member.
01-01 Iron Butterfly – In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida 105 – Are You Happy (1968)
01-02 Iron Butterfly – In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida 201 – In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (1968)
02-01 Iron Butterfly – Heavy 101 – Possession (1968)
02-02 Iron Butterfly – In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida 104 – Termination (1968)
02-03 Iron Butterfly – Metamorphosis 203 – Butterfly Bleu (1970)
03-01 Iron Butterfly – Heavy 201 – So Lo (1968)
03-02 Iron Butterfly – Ball 204 – Belda-Beast (1969)
03-03 Iron Butterfly – ATCO 6712 – I Can’t Help But Deceive You Little Girl (1969)
03-04 Iron Butterfly – Metamorphosis 106 – Stone Believer (1970)
03-05 Iron Butterfly – In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida 101 – Most Anything You Want (1968)
03-06 Iron Butterfly – Ball 202 – Her Favorite Style (1969)
04-01 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 01 – Real Fright (1967)
04-02 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 02 – Possession (1967)
04-03 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 03 – Filled With Fear (1967)
04-04 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 04 – Fields Of Sun (1967)
04-05 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 05 – It’s Up To You (1967)
04-06 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 06 – Gloomy Day To Remember (1967)
04-07 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 07 – Got To Ignore Evil Temptations (1967)
04-08 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 08 – So-Lo (1967)
04-09 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 09 – Gentle As It May Seem (1967)
04-10 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 10 – Lonely Boy (1967)
04-11 Iron Butterfly – Live At The Galaxy 11 – Iron Butterfly Theme (1967)

🦋:lander:🦋

Last edited:
9 PM Eastern show is about delicious-ness.. Playlist:

01-01 Andrews Sisters & Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra - Decca 2214 - Hold Tight Hold Tight (1939)
01-02 Barnes & Barnes - Voobaha 201 - Fish Heads (1978)
01-03 Trank Zappa Grappa - Waremme BE 2008-11-28 03 - The Gumbo Variations (2008)
01-04 Fathers Of Watt - Feed Your Head Vol3 04 - Funky Stew (1996)
01-05 Boris & His Bolshie Balalaika - Fun With Mushrooms 101 - Toadstool Soup (Slight Send) (1992)
02-01 Paul Shelasky & His Musical Zombies - Rutabaga 101 - Rutabaga Boogie (1974)
02-02 Dice - Fuel To The Fire 02 - Hungry (1995)
02-03 Sleeze Beez - Powertool 01 - Appetizer (1992)
02-04 Nadine Shah - Fast Food 01 - Fast Food (2015)
02-05 Thompson Twins - Latent B01 - Fast Food (1980)
02-06 Richard Thompson - Mirror Blue 11 - Fast Food (1994)
02-07 Brent Calvin - Ding Fries Are Done (1993)
03-01 MC 900 Foot Doughboy - The City Sleeps (1991)
03-02 Rev. Billy C. Wirtz - Turn For The Wirtz- Confessions Of A Hillbilly Love-God 03 - Food Chain Of Fools (1992)
03-03 Doc Bagby - Okeh 4-7089 - Dumplin's (1957)
03-04 Susan Christie - CBS 202261 - I Love Onions (1966)
03-05 Court Jesters - Blast 208 - Roaches (1963)

Great first show!
I took a fishead out to see a movie, didn't have to pay to get it in! lol
Never knew there was a song about loving Onions! Glad my brother never found that song! He put onions in everything, and doubled up on them, if he knew I was eating. I have always hated onions. It is my kryptonite! lol
Sad about Doug Ingle.
Music will live on forever.

Great first show!
I took a fishead out to see a movie, didn't have to pay to get it in! lol
Never knew there was a song about loving Onions! Glad my brother never found that song! He put onions in everything, and doubled up on them, if he knew I was eating. I have always hated onions. It is my kryptonite! lol
Sad about Doug Ingle.
Music will live on forever.

Glad you liked the "food" show, even if you detest onions! That Susan Christie song turns up in the movie "A Clockwork Orange"

Funny thing is I like Funyuns, and onion rings.
Just don't like onions mixed into food. I mean they put huge onions in everything! (My mother and brother.)

Great tribute show!
They really had a sound of their own.
Now we know where they got the voice effects for new Dune movie! (I think the 4th or 5th song, right after the crossroads style slide guitar playing.)
Almost exact voice effects!

Funny thing is I like Funyuns, and onion rings.
Just don't like onions mixed into food. I mean they put huge onions in everything! (My mother and brother.)

Great tribute show!
They really had a sound of their own.
Now we know where they got the voice effects for new Dune movie! (I think the 4th or 5th song, right after the crossroads style slide guitar playing.)
Almost exact voice effects!

Yeah, i was stunned to hear guitar/voice effects like that so early, it was several more years before Peter Frampton brought that stuff to a wider audience!

Glad you enjoyed it, Iron Butterfly always will have a special place for me! Next week the 9-10 show at wayofm.org is about sweet stuff, then we'll try to re-do the "meat" show from 10-midn which got pre-empted last week. Humbly, I think the meatshow is one of the best i've done. Every show I try to mix in unexpected unknown songs, and for the meatshow, those all turned out to be great great tunes!

@Free Bally!

I have inside information... ;)

You need more cheesecake to please @xenonph

:mrgreen:
Just because my birthday falls on National Cheesecake Day, does not mean I am predisposed to liking it. (Although I do love cheesecake lol!)

Link provided by @StevOz

Just because my birthday falls on National Cheesecake Day, does not mean I predisposed to liking it. (Although I do love cheesecake lol!)

Link provided by @StevOz
Wow, THANK YOU for that link! Never knew timeanddate had that! For my weird holiday news, i rely on a local DJ who's one of the last buffaloes to put on a real "show" 5 nites a week with his own self-produced comedy bits. And agree about onion rings. Not really a member of the onion family. If it was legal, I would only eat onion rings. Ever.

Like the Link, looking forward to Sep 19, International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Ahoy, matey! This 'ere translatin' device be fer translatin' proper English to Pirate Speak an' the reverse, an' blabberin' on like a pirate as we pirates do. Write any sort o' word half-related to gentlemen o' fortune an' it be translated near spot on.

🏴‍☠️ :pirat:
Cat Costume GIF

Hehee, just took a look at my lineup for next week's "sweets" show... have a 'cake' set...

Tiny Tim - Sunshine Cake
Crowded House - Chocolate Cake
Kingston Wall - Another Piece Of Cake
Acquitted Felons - Cake (Who Shit On The)
Cibo Matto - Birthday Cake

I think that cheesecake tune can be worked in 🍰

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Pirates are often depicted with eye patches in popular culture, but the reasons for this vary. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. **Injury**: The most straightforward reason a pirate might wear an eye patch is that they lost an eye due to injury. Pirate battles, sword fights, and the general hazards of seafaring life could easily lead to eye injuries, necessitating an eye patch.

2. **Myth and Stereotype**: The image of a pirate with an eye patch has become a stereotype perpetuated by movies, books, and other forms of media. It's part of the romanticized pirate image that includes peg legs, hooks for hands, and parrots on shoulders.

3. **Preserving Night Vision**: A more interesting and practical theory suggests that pirates wore eye patches to keep one eye adapted to the dark. When moving between the bright deck and the dark below decks, a pirate could switch the patch from one eye to the other. The eye that was covered
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    nope... it was because a seagul shit in his eye the day after he got the new hook fitted
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    He couldn't scratch his eye, or tried and had to get the patch because of the hook...:pirat:🏴‍☠️🪝
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    ahh well, back to work tomorrow
    Looking at Tuesday for a real day off, ahhh
    Hope you find your keys!
    But working long every darned day has (Finally!) cleared up pain in my hip that has plagued me since April
    haha, naw the keys are long gone. HAVE to get a new pair of pants... Without A Hole In The Pocket!
    • Haha
    Get AC 4! you :pirat:
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    Got AC, weather-liars say i'll need an umbrella all weekend
    • Haha
    ohh oops
    you mean the pirate game!
    AC = Assasin's Creed...4...Black Flag.
    heh, they all look like pirate queens, instead of a gig on the beach, the Law Of The Sea says they have to fight until there's only one
    ahoy, have to go make some salad of fish chunks flavored to taste like crab, have a salty Friday ya scallawag!
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
    yirmiahu has left the room.
    Guenther has left the room.
    alain.rev has left the room.
    eduguitar72 has left the room.
    mickcarmone has left the room.
    No World Order has left the room.
    ususio1011 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: ususio1011 has left the room.
      Back