What music are you listening to?

JP, What do you think of this guy on the vibes?

Ok, I have 5 months to catch up on in this thread and I love the tunes!

I have my headphones on and am ready to review, heard a version of Her Mind is Gone on the radio tonight:

You should rub Professor Longhair's bronze head at the Tipitina's club in New Orleans when you arrive or leave.
:blues:

Last edited:
JP, What do you think of this guy on the vibes?

Nice. I like vibes but you don't have a lot of records.
A nice one here with Gary Burton quartet and one of my favorite guitarist (young) Pat Metheny

I have my headphones on and am ready to review, heard a version of Her Mind is Gone on the radio tonight:

You should rub Professor Longhair's bronze head at the Tipitina's club in New Orleans when you arrive or leave.
:blues:
I lived in New Orleans for 2 years. I bought a couple of CDs of local artists but I don't have that one.

I've only been to TWO concerts.

The first one was in Colorado and I was about 9. It was at McNichols Sports Arena (which is now gone) and the family went to see Neil Diamond. Let me tell you as a kid I thought he was awful but today I can appreciate what we saw. I still remember this concert.
That Dio concert was my first and last concert!! So I have only been to 1 concert!!

I love the music and the name of the song!! Her Mind is Gone!! LOL

So from the selections of videos I have chosen so far, you can tell I am trying to upload not so well known bands.
Also you will notice they all have great keyboardists!!

Trying to stay with the theme of 2 different genres mixed...I bring you this next video with story included!!

So my brother seemed to be really lucky at winning at this Portland radio station when they would say 7th caller wins tickets to blah blah.
He won almost every month!!
Well they also had a contest where if you could stump them on a music question, you won prizes.
I told my brother to ask them to name the song and band that lead singer of Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy teamed up on.
He would call them and ask them this same question every 3 months and stump them every time!! (You would think they would remember!!)

Here is the song...Therapy by Infectious Grooves.
This band has some thumpin bass, so you get funk mixed with punk!! lol 2 genres that you wouldn't think would sound good mixed.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And there first album..
<iframe width="482" height="480" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice. I like vibes but you don't have a lot of records.
A nice one here with Gary Burton quartet and one of my favorite guitarist (young) Pat Metheny

Wow! Really nice. I have many of Pat Metheny's albums. I have always thought of Pat Metheny as playing Fusion Jazz but this is different, some of it sounds like Cool Jazz. I have gotten into Cool Jazz over a period of a few years now. I started out listening to Dave Brubeck and progressed to Paul Desmond who played sax in Brubeck's band who went solo. I recently got some Cool Jazz albums with a variety of instruments and so that is where is learned of Wolfgang Lackerschmid. I got his album "Summer Changes" which you might want but it does not have the track I posted. I also got:

Ben Webster - Big Ben Time
Bill Evans - The Complete Legendary Session with Chet Baker
Bill Evans Trio, featuring Stan Getz - But Beautiful
Chet Baker - Chet Baker Plays The Best Of Lerner & Loewe
Chet Baker - Mr B
Eddie Higgins Trio - Bewitched
Jimmy Raney - A

I like all of them so far. Most of them are probably on youtube.

I also got the "Golden Flute Club" album by Alain Marion and Raymond Guiot thinking it is cool jazz but it sounds more like something that Jean-Pierre Rampal would create so I'm not sure what genera you might call it.

I can't say I have ever gotten into John Coltrane's music. He and Miles Davis's music sound rather incongruous to me, although I very much like Davis's "Kind Of Blue" album.

Here is another keyboard band I like and another with "Project" in name of band.

The Alan Parsons Project...I Robot
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="

I actually have the I Robot album. :)

For all you dio fans, and for me especially, Alice Cooper, here's a great cover...

I actually have the I Robot album. :)
Same. From long, long ago. Producer of Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons.

Also, I've been through those tunnels I think? It's the Paris airport IIRC.

Random stupidity-- one of my favorite songs I crash & burn on (karaoke nights) is "Don't Answer Me."

Anybody like Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show?
I like one album in particular that has a few funny songs. Belly Up.

Here is Acapulco Goldie...

and Penicillin Penny..

Roland the Roadie loved Gertrude the Groupie...

Monterey Jack...

EDIT:
And anyone hear of the Dr. Demento Show?
It was a radio show that played 2 hours during weekend when I was growing up. They played alot of funny songs.
Here is one named Shaving Cream.
<iframe width="493" height="480" src="

Last edited:
If you like older rock, you might want to listen to Nektar:

So for the first song in the Ninteenth Year of Pinball Nirvana, I give you the song Nineteen.
It's a song about the Vietnam War.
I hate to admit this, but I used to breakdance to this song back in the 80's!! lol

Here is original version..

and extended cut...

and another extended version...

Anybody remember this song from the 80's?

Strangely, I don't remember Paul Hardcastle at all from the 80's. Like, *at* *all*.

It was only in the early-mid 90's, when I was doing an "Alliance Francaise" lesson, that I heard a really nifty tune in the background, then a few years later (2001-2002), had a housemate who could identify it for me. It was Rainforest.

Not gonna say it's some cutting-edge Tangerine Dream-level tune, but it worked perfectly in context! My little "welcome to Paul Hardcastle" moment, I guess.

Fortunately, I *do* remember Laura Branigan and Culture Club, so am I off the hook now? :p

I can't figure out why I never hear southern rock on the radio anymore. Maybe I'm not finding the right stations. There are many great bands like The Marshal Tucker Band, 38 Special, ZZ Top and Outlaws (not to be confused with The Outlaws band featuring Ritchie Blackmore).

Anyway, I just discovered an Outlaws album that I never knew was released. I never heard any mention of it on the radio. It was released in 2012, 18 years after their previous album. Come back albums often leave something to be desired but this album is great. I read one review where the author said it is their greatest album. I will have to listen to it a while before I declare it their best because their first album is very good. I can say is is a great album that any Outlaws fan will want:

NOTE: You can play the whole album but you have to right click on "YouTube" and select to open the link in a new tab.

I'm a fan of Steve Vai and I think this one deserves to be here not just for the music but... You can see why ;)

@xenonph
me too... Today it looks like breakdance but I'm just actually moving wierd because of pain :D

I'm a fan of Steve Vai and I think this one deserves to be here not just for the music but... You can see why ;)

@xenonph
me too... Today it looks like breakdance but I'm just actually moving wierd because of pain :D

He must have had the guitar specially made. I have seen 6 or 7 string guitars combined with a 12 string but this one adds an additional bass guitar.

It was. I read that when he asked for the guitar he said: "Forget conventions". Someone really listened to him.
It's actually on of the things I like about him is that he keeps pushing the envelope. But if you think about it, he was a student of Zappa so, unconventional is implicit :D

Every time I think of Steve Vai, that guitar battle in that movie Crossroads comes to mind.
Love when the Karate Kid starts bustin out the Yngwie Malmsteen style at end of it!!
It is rumored that Steve Vai taught Yngwie Malmsteen.

I don't recall that rumour but either way they are both at god level when it comes to guitar hero :D

How many of you like this music? You can listen to the whole album by right clicking on YouTube and going to YouTube's site:

I like their music but just started listening to them. I'm not sure if they will become one of my favorite bands or one I just listen to occasionally.

I love this thread!!

Heres a great song by Thomas Dolby.
Music Video..
Extended Cut..

This whole album has been stuck in my head for months

This whole album has been stuck in my head for months

Some nice graphics on the computer generated video. The only mistake they made was the lyrics said something about hitting bumpers and the ball actually hit a slingshot. ...Still, pretty nice video though.

Here is a song from 1981 I remember always hearing on radio, but never remembered who did it or what the name was.
Took me an hour to find it online. (Without knowing band name or name of song!!)
The only words I knew were in the song were "James Brown", and that was not enough for Google Search!!
These girls are singing about what they want to do when they get out of jail!! lol

Music Video..
And extended version..

Yoko Ono is definitely a strange person. She recorded "Woman Power" which is apparently her commentary on the male dominated world:

What is even stranger is something she called "Voice Piece for Soprano" that she performed at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. It was actually a scream if you can believe it:

You should open the YouTube web site and read the comments that are posted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back