Williams Jive Time WIP

davidsss

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi All

Earlier this year ValamirCleaver and Friebus visited the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. I asked them to take some pics of pinballs which haven't yet been reproduced and they came up with one of the machines I have been looking for, Williams Jive Time, of which there were only few pictures and none you could make a VP table from. Well, they came up trumps (thanks) and now I present a fairly early WIP of Jive Time. You may notice the plastics are not lined up - what I have done so far is correct the picture and populate the playfield (still haven't got the gate done though). Still to go is to modify the picture to make a stripped playfield and then make a third version of the playfield to line up the plastics.

After this it'll be on to the backglass and the spinner which is a feature of Jive Time and probably my first attempt at a large reel and some fancy programming to make it work well.

Looks like it might be a while before it's finished but I'm hoping it will be done before late September as I'm going away for 5 weeks then. I actually hope to visit the Pinball Museum in France on my holiday and come back with heaps of pics so we can get more machines reproduced.

Anyway here's the pic.

DS

Attachments

• jivetime_wip1_136.jpg
    jivetime_wip1_136.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 873
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Tom

Jive Time

I buy and repair EM pinball machines. I just bought a Jive Time, that was in pretty bad shape. I am guessing it has not worked since the late 70's. I am working on restoring it. I have 98% of the mechanics now working on it.

If you have any questions on how it scores, let me know and I can verify.

I wish my playfield was in as good as shape as the one you have for the Virtual game.

- Rich

RE: Jive Time

That looks great David! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Hi Davidsss

How far is your "Jive Time" actually? I can hardly wait to play that thing...:dance:

Greetz

C-Fox

So, I noticed this WIP and got curious about what ever happened to this project by David S.

For some reason, "Jive Time" seems to be a table very seldom emulated. I do see an FP version by "jrolson": http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-1721-jive_time ([PinSimDB.org])

And over at the Internet Archive, I see there's a VPX version by... William Rothbauer I think it is? (screenie attached) Edit: Okay, I found him on VPinball, so I'll go ahead and message him and see if it's okay to share his version here. EDIT2: He approved it! Download is here:

Still would like to know whatever happened to David S., and the version he was working on...

Attachments

• Jive-Time-Williams-1970-FSS-1-1038x1845.png
    Jive-Time-Williams-1970-FSS-1-1038x1845.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Still would like to know whatever happened to David S., and the version he was working on...
what happened to him I just don't know for sure ...but this "jrolson"it could be the same author?, however I see that there is a wheel in the backglass, but on the fp version of "jrolson" there is only one image.....I don't have precise information on this table, but apparently you maybe yes, with bam it is now possible to make a wheel of fortune on the backglass

what happened to him I just don't know for sure ...but this "jrolson"it could be the same author?, however I see that there is a wheel in the backglass, but on the fp version of "jrolson" there is only one image.....I don't have precise information on this table, but apparently you maybe yes, with bam it is now possible to make a wheel of fortune on the backglass
And without BAM, since a long time.
Expo_TAB.jpg

And without BAM, since a long time.
ok....but it can be implemented, I like tables with wheels, I made two of them "Stardust and Straight flush" EM tables
this is just that the wheel is in the backglass or backbox......with bam it is now possible....

Or maybe I got it wrong, and this table doesn't have a wheel?:hmm1:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back