X Files, The (Sega, 1997) VP8

VP8 Sega SS Recreation X-Files (Jamin 1-01) ....Fight the Future v1.01 Jamin

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

Jamin7474

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my version of X-Files that I've been playing lately. This X-Files was inspired by watching all 9 seasons of The X-Files over the past 5-6 months. (and no I didn't bother watching the bogus final episode). This isn't a mod its something I started from scratch.

A few things to note :

If you want to change the Inclination/Field of View the ramp that passes in front of the file cabinet needed to be added in on the reel-imaged file cabinet so that will look a bit off if the angle is changed.
General illumination circuit doesn't seem to be working on recent Sega pins (I think its a PinMame thing). Maybe in a future PinMame update something will be found for the Sega pins such as X-Files, South Park, etc. But for the timebeing I left most of the parts lit up that would change with GI change.
I've never played an actual X-Files machine so some of the playability issues may be off. e.g. the inner loop. And I'm not sure how the magnet works on the real deal but hopefully its close enough.
I left the second segment of the left ramp as a 2-wire for easy viewing of the E-B-E lanes.

That's about it, hope you enjoy.

Edit : Almost forgot if you are adjusting the flipper settings...to set flipper speed you'll need to go into the script and scroll down to the Solenoid section, there you'll find 2 Constants called flipup and flipdn...change the flipup Const to whatever you want your flipper speed to be set at.

Edit#2 : Removed the table zip file attached and uploaded it into the Downloads Section.

Attachments

• x-files__jamin_1-01__screenshot.jpg
    x-files__jamin_1-01__screenshot.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,368
Very nice, Jamin, thanks for sharing!:)

How is it that the ball goes on the ramp with no walls?

How does it go on the ramps with no walls? Seems to me that would need to be investigated by Mulder and Scully as their next X-File.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back