Zen Pinball is out now for the Playstation 3.

kegpin

Pinball Player
Reaction score
I got it yesterday, I played it for a good 3-4 hours. They really did a great job on this package. (Way better than the Xbox 360 version.) The attention to detail is amazing. I know some will disagree but I think It puts Future Pinball to shame in the 3D pinball market. The physics are great and the 3D graphics are out of this world. It comes with 4 tables for 9.99 USD. And will have more down loadable tables in the future. Out of the 4 tables there is only one I am not to fond of but even that one is starting to grow on me the more I play it.

The online tournaments with video and audio chat works great. While you are in the menus it has a nice ticker type display that scrolls the names of the top players at the moment. All and all I think it's well worth 10 bucks. There is also a free demo that comes with one table to try out. So if you have a PS3 you have to give this one a try.

My PSN id is: The_Real_KEG If any body wants to add me as a friend feel free.

KEG

I now have it.... I've been playing around with it for about an hour.

I like many things about it, but I thought it would be even better than it is graphically. I would like to hear more actual pinball sounds from it. I like simple pinball games as you can tell from what I release in VP, but these games should satisfy the Adventure crowd and the younger generation more so than the 60's and 70's real pinball tables that I like the best.

It is well worth the $10US price tag.

Thanks very much for the info, I actually went to a game store yesterday looking for Zen Pinball and they mentioned it was a download game, I felt pretty dumb and got it last night. It seems pretty neat but I need to try it some more, I can't stop playing Hot Shots Golf.

I agree with bob, I also like the older machines the best and before I played i read in the "How to Play" section that it mentions Zen captures the atmosphere of Classic Pinball Machines, classic to me means prior to 1980.
It still is excellent for $10.00!

bob, hope you don't mind but i edited your Zen Pinball High Def vid, first time I was able to test the HD code, see this post:
Pinball Nirvana Forums - View Single Post - Wave Time
It now shows HD and Fullscreen buttons with this url:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[COLOR=Red]fmt=22&[/COLOR]v=Xo6dhg2hZC4
Also added the Vids to the Sims (FP,VP, etc.)
category in the Videos section.

Last edited:
@JPH. Oops I forgot to mention in my post, It was a PSN download game only. ;) I have been playing it for a couple days now and I really like it. They have been having problems with the online modes, causing a lot of freezing and needing to reboot the ps3. I'm sure they will patch it or fix it soon.

I love the Steam punk style table Tesla. Shamen is really good too. When I first saw a video for it with the "Arcade effects" on, I said to myself thats the first thing I will turn off. But It turns out I like the effects on.

I hope it does well for them so they will keep the new tables coming.

KEG

I'm getting in as much practice as I can with the tables so that I can be in top shape when the tournament begins. In V12 table I'm ranked around the 200s but in Tesla it's hard to rank high with so many 1000s good players on it. The online was more stable for me on Saturday but on Friday it was a hectic server traffic jam plus accasional freezing.

It's great they are support on releasing more tables, and maybe if we bug the devs enough they can make a retro table.

Downloaded it yesterday... While it's worth the $10, I'm certainly glad it didn't cost more. I find that the games just aren't all that interesting to play. Shaman seems to be the best and V12 seems like it's not worth the time it took to download. I guess I wish the rule sets were more clearly defined, it's just not obvious what to do in any of them. The sounds aren't very interesting, and the voices are the same on all the tables - ho hum. The view-switch into overhead mode that it pulls when you start multiball is flat-out annoying, as is the switch back to normal mode when multiball ends.

You get what you pay for I guess. I'm not sorry I bought it, but I had higher hopes.

Well that's ok m4paws :verysad:. Pinball is not a one size fits all deal. There are as many varied styles of pinball as they are diffrent people's tastes. Zen Pinball has also a demo, so other people should try that first to test if it's their liking before buying. :wave:

Looks nice... although that ball effect looks really stupid and cheesy. That feature is probably possible to remove from the menu, huh?

Well that's ok m4paws :verysad:. Pinball is not a one size fits all deal. There are as many varied styles of pinball as they are diffrent people's tastes. Zen Pinball has also a demo, so other people should try that first to test if it's their liking before buying. :wave:
Great idea, and actually I did do that. My conclusion was that while I wasn't a huge fan of it, I wanted to play more than the demo allowed me to. (The demo has a 2.5 million score limit and only allows you to play the El Dorado table.)

Perhaps I was a bit negative? I did say it was worth the $10, and it is. And it is fun to play, but I can't see myself playing it over and over and over like I do with my favorites VP tables. To my mind, supporting pinball development can only be a win-win for us in the long run. I can see a day when pinball just disappears entirely, and I'd like to help forestall that day for as long as I can.

One more Zen beef... What's with this "score speed" nonsense? A way to make lousy players feel better? Highest scoring minute and average score per second are very weird concepts, and IMO have no business in a pin sim.

It seems that we have a couple of people here playing this game. It would be nice to know all of your PSN ID names. Even if we don't get a chance to play each other we will still be able to track everyones high scores.

Mine is in my first post but here it is again.
The_Real_KEG

Oh and by the way. You can use the xbox 360 camera on the PS3. Since that works I imagine you can use any USB web cam with it also. The video chat actually works really well with this game.

-KEG

Mine is in my first post but here it is again.
The_Real_KEG

I haven't played it this week, but mine is Bob5453. :)

I only played one game online and it was where someone set the score limit to 5 million and 3 of us had about 250,000 and the 4th guy had already scored 5 million in a couple of minutes.

I haven't played it this week, but mine is Bob5453. :)

I only played one game online and it was where someone set the score limit to 5 million and 3 of us had about 250,000 and the 4th guy had already scored 5 million in a couple of minutes.

Thanks Bob I will ad you. Yeah the multiplayer has been freezing up on me all the time so I stopped playing the MP until they patch it. Should be sometime this week. Me and Kiaininga have been battling it out on the El Dorado table.

I tell you the more I play it the more new things I see. There really is more than you might think. You really have to play the tables awhile to see every thing there is to see.

When I played El Dorado for awhile a spanish skeleton soldier started walking accross the table. I thought I was imagining it for a second but it was a true table suprise.

My PSN-ID: TheGreatSCODE

When I played El Dorado for awhile a spanish skeleton soldier started walking accross the table. I thought I was imagining it for a second but it was a true table suprise.

My PSN-ID: TheGreatSCODE

That's the exact thing I was thinking of when I wrote the above post. I just saw that yesterday for the first time and was like, Where the hell did that come from? It's the little touches like that, is the reason I like this game so much.

PSN: shark99z
:shark:

I too have the freezing issue. From what I can find, it's related to online play when people with either mics or cams (not sure which) are in the room. Like KEG said, I also read that a patch is due out for this issue within a week.

PSN: shark99z
:shark:

I too have the freezing issue. From what I can find, it's related to online play when people with either mics or cams (not sure which) are in the room. Like KEG said, I also read that a patch is due out for this issue within a week.

I really don't know what to think about the freezing issue, Sometimes I can play for a good 2 hours with other people that use a mic and cam. In fact I use them both all the time myself. Maybe it has something to to do with using the Eyetoy cam made by playstation. That has both a mic and camera integrated in it. I use my xbox cam and a PS Bluetooth headset.. Who Knows? But they will fix it soon enough.

I just added you to my friends list. Keep an eye out for it the next time you log on.

-KEG

So far, this seems to appear only in an off-topic reply on the PS Blog ( post #25 here ) but here's the quote:
"#19 Perrandy - sorry for the delay , it is 23.27 over here, and we have just finished the mastering for the Zen Pinball patch. The patch will make the multiplayer / scoreboards handling rock solid, and have included some extras, like better navigation on scoreboards and nudging the tables using sixaxis - and this works great! Patch shall be onin some days, thank you for your patience!":D

Do you have any camera control?

It also looks like you get screwed if you drain just after the ball save ends most real will still save the ball when that happens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back