PinEvent: "DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream" for Future Pinball

Support File PinEvent: "DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream" for Future Pinball (1.4 - Install Guide 2.0)

No permission to download
QmJN0gq.png

TerryRed's PinEvent Install Guide and files for Future Pinball

- I created PinEvent so I could have a complete feature set and standard for my own table releases on Future Pinball
- it also allows for the following features to be used without the need for additional applications such as DOFLinx

PinEvent features:

- DOF (direct output framework) for cabinet hardware feedback, controlled lighting and toys
- Pinup Player
- PuP-Packs
- PUP SSF and 3D positional ball rolling
- PUPDMD (4:1 DMD , Real DMD, 16:9 FullDMD)
- choose what devices are output to SSF for custom setups
- choose what devices are output to DOF for custom setups
- PinEvent profile settings for any FP mode (desktop, cabinet/arcade mode, VR)
- custom PinEvent settings per table via table script options

Amazing new PUP Stream feature!

- the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any PUP window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table!
- this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD "in" Future Pinball itself.
- PinEvent options allow you to display ANY program's window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield
- works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR). Very cool!

What do I need PinEvent for?

- all of TerryRed's PinEvent tables or mods for Future Pinball
- without the PinEvent files installed, the PinEvent table will NOT work.

DESKTOP USERS:

- desktop users who only want to play the table (no DOF or PuP), just need to install the PinEvent files
- after that, my PinEvent table mods will play like a normal Future Pinball table

DOF and Pinup Player features (optional):

- to use these features you need PinEvent installed and properly setup
- you also need DOF and Pinup Player installed and setup correctly (more info in the Install Guide).

Why was PinEvent created?

- Future Pinball restricted the usage of external applications with tables. This made it difficult to add DOF and PUP support to Future Pinball tables.
- in the past there were efforts from GLXB and others (LedWiz support), and currently from DDH69 (DOFLinx). While these work great (I still love DOFLinx), they have limitations

PinEvent isn't restricted at all. It uses the new COM Extensions plug-in for BAM (made by Nailbuster and ravarcade) that allows Future Pinball to "directly" access DOF and Pinup Player and be able to use ALL their features!

As a result I was able to make a new script / command standard for myself to add DOF / PUP / SSF features to any Future Pinball table. This allows for ease of use (for the player) while now allowing for advanced features such as PUPDMD and cool new features like PUP Stream!

This also allowed me to add custom features for users to use per table, or by PinEvent profiles that can have each table / pup-pack / pupdmd work automatically with the correct settings needed for the table without needing to touch the table script.

What does PinEvent do?

PinEvent will manage and control “DOF, PuP, PUP-SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream” as well as normal Future Pinball playsound commands used for mechanical events (such as flippers, bumpers, ball drops, drain ,etc). It does this only on tables modded for PinEvent by TerryRed

How PinEvent Works
  • the table will load the PinEvent_Variables.vbs and then PinEvent_Settings.vbs file to load the PinEvent Profile’s settings (based on what PinEvent Profile is set in the table script 0-5 )
  • by default the table is set to Autodetect (0), and will choose a PinEvent Profile based on what mode Future Pinball is using (Desktop, Arcade/Cabinet, VR)
  • PinEvent will then load PinEvent_Control.vbs and check to see if DOF and PuP are installed, AND accessable
  • if DOF or PuP are not installed, then the DOF and PuP features are disabled and their commands are bypassed (the table will operate like a normal Future Pinball table)
  • if PUPDMD is enabled, then PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs is loaded
  • if DOF is detected and enabled, a DOF session is started
  • if PuP is detected and enabled, the PuP-Pack is started
  • the table starts
  • the table will now play and be able to trigger and control DOF / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD (if enabled)
  • shortly after the table starts (3-6 secs), any PUP Stream options enabled will appear on the table (if enabled)

Custom PinEvent Settings on a Per-Table Basis
  • a PinEvent table’s script has a “PinEvent Custom Settings for this table only” section
  • this can be used to override the PinEvent settings in the PinEvent_Settings.vbs file
  • this is only needed for custom settings on a per table basis
  • an example would be if the table doesn’t offer your preferred PUPDMD feature, or you need to use a different PUPDMD setting for a specific PuP-Pack

PinEvent Features are Optional
  • you don’t have to use all (or any) of the features that a PinEvent table offers
  • DOF / PUP SSF / PUPDMD / PuP Backglass or Topper Videos / PUP Stream, can each be enabled or disabled

Pinup Player PuP-Packs
  • each PinEvent PuP-Pack has multiple “Options” to choose from for every type of setup

Thanks to:

- ravarcade for the many updates to BAM that allowed this to be possible
- ravarcade and DJRobX for the PuP Plug-in that allows PUP Stream to work
- Nailbuster for Pinup Player, the PUPDMD Framework, and help with vbs code examples

For a video showcase of PinEvent in action, watch these epic videos:

DISCLAIMER

****** PinEvent is NOT open for everyone to use on their table mods ******

PinEvent vbs files and the name “PinEvent” are not to be used for other table mods and updates

• “PinEvent” refers to my own specific work that I created to be used for my own table releases
  • “PinEvent” represents my own standard for specific features and updates that represent my own quality of work
  • please do not use the PinEvent vbs files in your table updates, as I may be updating these files in the future and this will impact all tables that use them
  • please do not use the name “PinEvent” on any table mods, or when referring to pup or dof mods of a FP table
  • I will not support any table mods using the PinEvent vbs files, except for my own table releases

You CAN use PuP / DOF code in your own table mods!
  • I have created a simple "starter" code to allows anyone to add DOF or PUP support to a FP table. That can be found at these links:

DO NOT modify my PinEvent DOF configs for my tables on DOF Config Tool!
  • I have VERY specific DOF configs that are designed to work with my PinEvent table updates only
  • if you wish to make DOF changes to a PinEvent table, you can do so on your own Private config
  • DO NOT submit changes from your private DOF config for Public consideration! (if there is a problem on one of my tables, please message me)
  • I specifically added separate “PinEvent only” configs so that everyone is free to use the normal FP configs to mod other FP tables for DOF
TerryRed

****** PinEvent Files and PinEvent Install Instructions ******

Created by
: TerryRed

PinEvent: 1.4, June 2020

PinEvent Install Guide: 2.0, April 15, 2021

What is included?
  • PinEvent vbs files
  • PinEvent Install Guide (pdf, docx)

How to Install PinEvent files and setup PinEvent?
  • read and follow the PinEvent Install Guide file that is included!
  • it tells you everything you need to know
  • it has links for everything you need
  • please read the FAQ at the bottom of the PinEvent Install Guide for the answers to most questions!

Good Luck!
Author
TerryRed
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.20 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from TerryRed

Latest updates

1. All new PinEvent Install Guide 2.0

All new PinEvent Install Guide 2.0 - this has been overhauled into a new PDF - links to the...
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    @ Paolo: ********* *** ******