360 Kinect

HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
Has anyone used this for FP, I had it working on my pc then it quit and I cant figure out whats wrong.

what programs are needed for 360 kinekt? the sdk I know, beta but there was only 1 that worked if I remember correctly.
win10 x64 btw.

thanks for any help.

Hey @hellrzr2k1, hope you don't mind but I changed your thread to a ? type of thread, users can vote on the best answers and you or moderators can mark a post as a solution. I don't have a answer for you but perhaps others will.

You should be able to change your thread type back to normal by using your thread edit option.

:salut:

Hi @hellrzr2k1,
Guessing you have already started here.
I finely got mine working years ago and it was an absolute mission to get it working correctly, there is not a great deal of info
available if it dose not work. It was that long ago I can't actually remember how I finely got it working.
I am certain someone else will know more than me but I think it had something to do with Microsoft Visual Studio v9.0/V10 or 2017
to actually get the Kinect to work at all. My Kinect was from a 360 and I added a power supply, I believe the Microsoft Kinect purchased for PC does not have the same issues.

But to be honest I used for less than a week and have never used it again.
You will still need to cover one eye to get the true 3D experience and it just wasn't worth the effort, yes it looks cool but does
become more of a novelty than a practical solution. Children were unable to play my CAB being to short the tables never looked right, same goes if your mates are too tall. If you have anyone standing around or walking past whilst you play the table will go haywire as the kinect bounces from face to face or loses focus.
When playing and looking at the ball you don't even notice the tracking, or maybe my head dosen't move when I play pinball.
Not trying to be negative but I wished someone explained all this to me before I wasted my time and money setting all this up.
But all the best if you decide to proceed.
I am now wondering if anyone actually still uses head tracking anymore, cheers!

i had it working and it was a bitch trying to adjust the x y z to get it working, and I think thats why I finally said the hell with it.
it looked cool if you went slow and didnt move a lot, but was a novelty as you said.

whats the best cheapest vr in your opinion?
its for a single screen wall or table mountable cab.
thought the kinext would be fitting to sit right on top, perfect size and only paid 10 bucks for it

I remember a long long time ago using the PS3eye and I followed the instructions on ravarcade website. I never owned an xbox so I can't help with the kinect but regarding VR I believe that Valve and Oculus both have cheaper options while using the same screen.

Oculus Quest 2 mandatory fb account makes it impossible for me to recommend but it is possibly the cheapest and best solution for FP but you might want to read this thread.

Of course if you want to trade image quality for price, I'm pretty sure you can get second hand previous versions of VR HW.

I'm confused, because I thought the kinect was a motion-control device that allowed one's body to simulate a controller. But in this thread it certainly sounds like you're talking about a VR device?

Btw, @Gimli has an Oculus IIRC and it sounds like great fun. If you ever get it set up, you might try his billiards simulation that actually has a nifty jukebox sitting in the same room as the pool table(!)

Btw, your cab looks really cute! Do you play your full-screen tables with the monitor standing up like that, or do you lay the whole thing flat?

i had it working and it was a bitch trying to adjust the x y z to get it working, and I think thats why I finally said the hell with it.
it looked cool if you went slow and didnt move a lot, but was a novelty as you said.

whats the best cheapest vr in your opinion?
its for a single screen wall or table mountable cab.
thought the kinext would be fitting to sit right on top, perfect size and only paid 10 bucks for it

I also haven't used it in several years, but I quite enjoyed using the kinect in Tandem with a 3d TV and 3D active shutter glasses.

I used "Shoulder Tracking" at that time which Rav enabled instead of Head tracking and it worked nicely.

I love the Occulus Quest 2 and it does work quite well for FP but recent versions of BAM for some reason introduced a slight jitter that hasn't been solved. But for Most FP table if you use a BAM version prior to April 2021 I think it was it works splendidly

Pinball FX2 VR and StarWars Pinball VR are games that you can buy for the Oculus Quest 2 that are excellent in my opinion and VR effect is amazing.

I'm confused, because I thought the kinect was a motion-control device that allowed one's body to simulate a controller. But in this thread it certainly sounds like you're talking about a VR device?

Btw, @Gimli has an Oculus IIRC and it sounds like great fun. If you ever get it set up, you might try his billiards simulation that actually has a nifty jukebox sitting in the same room as the pool table(!)

Btw, your cab looks really cute! Do you play your full-screen tables with the monitor standing up like that, or do you lay the whole thing flat?
cute.... lol.
i wanted it semi portable, plus it has mame arcade and jukebox on it.
its vertical and slanted, it plays like it site, or you can wall mount it.
its a cabinet vertical.....you dont lay it flat etc...

Has anyone used this for FP, I had it working on my pc then it quit and I cant figure out whats wrong.

what programs are needed for 360 kinekt? the sdk I know, beta but there was only 1 that worked if I remember correctly.
win10 x64 btw.

thanks for any help.
Mar 07 2022 reply. There are 2 SDK files available from Microsoft. One for X-box 360 kinect camera and one for the X-box One Kinect camera.
With the latest BAM the 3D has really imprived. See the Ravarcade.PL site for more info.

Had the kinect working once. Now not at all.
I think my windows is currupt.
Reset win10 and still issies.
It's not installing things correctly. I think o got some really bad malwate.
Scanning shows nothing.
But I' know for sure somthing is wromg.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back