Actually bob, bendigo's template uses part of the orginal shivaEngine in it. I would have thought it would have occured to everyone with the bottom layout directly from the table. So it becomes even more complicated, but then no one asked me either.

But your right, I won't remove my engine templates permissions, that would be very unfortunate, as your game, rapid vienna, and others all use it. The only thing I ever cared about is people at least leave the credits in there, which unfortunately some of them don't. Reason #28 on why I'm not doing anything anymore.

I do feel that future full releases of VP should have the tutorial table removed though, it's a little long in the tooth and should be replaced with a version that's more up to date. Of course, it would be better if there was scoring and logic code built into the program, but that might be wishful thinking.

But that is what the visual pinball comunity is about shiva, standing on the shoulders of giants
one person starts with an idea
the next person builds on it
more people add their contributions, etc, etc
At the end of the day, there are no 'solo' efforts, each author has learnt something from others

TheManFromPOST said:
note of correction Bob;
I mentioned the removal of solo tables
Tables that were put together by a team would have to be viewed differently

And I doubt that someone who has supplied templates would do such a thing

I consider all of my tables to be solo tables.... I don't do teamups or co-author tables, I want complete control over my releases, but I do use other peoples work with permission. I do try to thank them and give all of them credit.

I put MrHides name on the Spider-man table, because he took the time to take a photo and send it to me.... No pic would mean no table, so it was just as important as Gaston's old script I used, but I don't feel the table was a team-table. Same with Shocky adding his hi-res plunger and flipper setup and even Phoenixx worked out the light hues and added some sound switches that no one else had noticed. This doesn't mean that they can Mod the table or change their mind and force me to remove their work as I used it with their blessing at the time and I don't say my tables are free to mod unless I vanish from all the pinball forums. :)

shiva said:
Actually bob, bendigo's template uses part of the orginal shivaEngine in it. I would have thought it would have occured to everyone with the bottom layout directly from the table. So it becomes even more complicated, but then no one asked me either.

But your right, I won't remove my engine templates permissions, that would be very unfortunate, as your game, rapid vienna, and others all use it. The only thing I ever cared about is people at least leave the credits in there, which unfortunately some of them don't. Reason #28 on why I'm not doing anything anymore.

I do feel that future full releases of VP should have the tutorial table removed though, it's a little long in the tooth and should be replaced with a version that's more up to date. Of course, it would be better if there was scoring and logic code built into the program, but that might be wishful thinking.

I do something that is probably borderline.... because I'm lazy. I use parts of the shivaEngine2 in a few tables that aren't powered by the shivaEngine. The first time I did it, I didn't actually realize I did it because I copied and pasted the bottom half of my Black Cat table just to save time in making my next table. This meant that I was using your work in a nonshivaEngine table, but I try to give credit and I figured if it's a template or a tutorial, it probably should be considered public domain or free to use, but no one has really ever stated this as a rule.

The shivaEngine is probably the coolest template, but it's so complicated to figure out for most people and I hate those external scripts, but I figured out how to just include them in the table, so it worked well for me.

You really should come back to VPF, it's a new place with TMFP running it and he has come a long way in learning to deal with a community. This excludes Shocky though as no one has figured out how to deal with him.... But I think Shocky now knows what he would have to do to exist at VPF, if he ever gets another chance. :)

I guess we're going for 500 replies now :D

So Bob, let's see how far you really believe in this mod-without-limits free-for-all concept. So you're saying if I were to take one of your tables (oh say the TAF one), obtain a photo of your wife and do a Photoshop job reel animation of me porking her up her back door and then paste that over the table playfield, change the table name to "Bob's Favorite Fantasy" and then post that all over the Internet and then remind everone when they want me banned, etc. that it says your tables are FREE TO MOD, you wouldn't mind or complain a bit, eh???

Oh wait, I forgot whom I'm talking to.... You even offered to let me have her before. I guess you really wouldn't mind.... my bad.

But you see some people think even free speech should have limitations (e.g. it's not okay to yell fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire) and my opinion is even 'free modding' should have limitations (i.e. when it's being done for pure blackmail or revenge purposes, it's not a legitimate mod, IMO and that shouldn't have to be spelled out verbatim. It should be a given). In this case, Shockman made it 100% clear he was doing it as Blackmail and then later as revenge for me not changing the VBS files when he said dance! Well, that's not acceptable behavior, in my book.

But seeing as certain people believe it HAS to be spelled out for them to believe it, I've done so with Blackout and Fathom. He modded them anyway. This was VERY recently. Yet you still believe he DESERVES a 2nd chance at VPF? You firmly believe he will now follow the rules? On exactly what evidence do you base this on, Bob? I've seen not ONE SHRED of evidence that Shockman's changed one bit. I've seen not one SHRED of evidence that he's sorry for his actions. I've seen not one SHRED of evidence that he'll follow the rules now.

You see, unlike you, I'm not playing pull-the-chain games here, Bob. I'm being serious and I expect actual evidence to back one's claims up. You seem to want Shockman to have another chance based on absolutely nothing except that it'd make for good entertainment. It'd be a real hoot to watch him piss all over himself again one more time at the old Bootin' Scootin' Salloon! Giddy up already motherfuckers!

Why don't you just admit that's all you're really looking for instead of this facade of giving a shit about poor poor old abused Shockman because I'm not buying it or your lame arguments. And now that we know you're an admitted chain puller, a regular pot stirrer for your own amusement, I have to say it'll be pretty hard to believe anything you say.

Yeah, well I consider se3 to be far better now anyway, all the power of se2, a bit easier to use than se1, if people understand the hooks concept, which is used by a lot of software now.

As to the rest of it, no one seemed to give a shit when I did make a objection, so now, as far as I am concerned, I'm retired from public active duty, and will just do my own thing privately from now on. Getting custody of my son 2 weeks ago changed quite a few things to say the least, and I have always been slow as a table maker. Too anal I guess.

Shocky isn't the only person BTW. I can not think of one reason why I would even consider going there, let alone anything else. Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned.

Being a relatively new author to the VP scene, I feel kind of out of line talking here, but as a big mouth in real life, that has never stopped me before. Sometimes an outside view could also be helpful.

There are a lot of hard feelings and clashing personalities going on in this community. Things have escalated to the extreme where bad feelings have led to bad judgment and spiteful actions. Crap is being launched in all directions.

I could sum up the missing ingredients here with three words, diplomacy, humility, and respect. I think that it is inevitable that some toes are going to get stepped on, but I believe that many times they get stomped on by accident. I can’t believe that anybody would intentionally claim somebody else’s ideas as their own. All the arguments that I am seeing is about credit. Community, guys! A community shares, and you guys have shared tons, but now you are fighting about who shared what! A little humility, be happy just knowing that you came up with an idea that people want to use to make better tables. Contributing to the community should not always have to come with a reward. Be happy in knowing that you are a contributor and a selfless contributor.

You guys are what made this community what it has become, but now you are slowly destroying it with this “I want credit!†attitude. Remember the beginning; it’s easy for me, because it wasn’t too long ago. I’m having fun, and if I make something cool, I want to share it with everybody in the community. If it is truly cool, then I will receive my reward with a few pats on the back, which will fade as time goes by and my idea will get lost in the shuffle.

I hope that I will never get to the point where I feel that I have to demand credit when somebody decides to use my idea two years down the road. I hope that I will just feel happy that it is still being used. In my opinion we should be banning credit, it seems to be the main cause of all this grief. The community should be a give and take environment. Nobody should feel that they have given more then others, and nobody should be forced to feel like they have not given enough.

Randy has returned! Look at his contribution to the community! We could all take a lesson from him. He has created this wonderful project that we all enjoy and he has given it to us for free. Now he has a chance to make some money with his product, but he still came back to the community to give unselfishly. He didn’t have to, and the way we all jumped on him right away (me included), let me just say the man has the patience of a Saint!

Everybody needs to put all this crap slinging aside and get back to being a community again. Take a deep breath, extend a hand, and get creative again. Debating is fine, but flame wars serve no purpose.

Nice talking to you guys! I respect all of you! In my book you are the greatest people on the internet... well aside from Randy that is. :)

group-hug.jpg

Thanks for your input rascal. It's a noble ideal, but not a novel ideal. Everyone with a professional and unemotional perspective feels the same as you. This is not about reward, or even a pat on the back. It's about membership. I knew the number was changed from what I suggested to what PacDude suggested from the beginning. I was in no trouble at the time and I did not bother with it. As far as I was concerned the number was close enough to what I suggested, and worked the same. I like nearly everyone else, do not go through the support files looking to see what is there. I remembered that quote that PacDude said that I posted quite a few times in the very thread. He said he put it into the core, and he discovered that the number defeated the problem, and that is why I went looking for it to post it here. When I first read it, why would I or anyone else not believe that he put it in the core? Now he says that someone else put it in the core and though I believe that, I only choose to believe that. When you have the same person telling two different things you have to choose if one or either is true, or if both are not. This does not have to credit, this has to do with standing up for yourself. Wanting credit for something you did is one thing, but not wanting someone else taking credit for it is another thing. I wanted neither, I wanted your Utopia. That is why I let it slide all these years, I trusted that at least the oldtimers knew the truth. But when I saw, just a few weeks ago that the files that he was maintaining had credit for him in them for work I did and he did nothing to help and instead argued that it should be in there with his name on it because he went to another member and sold it then I came unglued. He not only modded my work, by putting in a number .002 off and taking credit for it, but he defended that action as well. From that day forward this was no longer about credit, it was about thieving. I had no control and those that did refused to acknowledge that anything was amiss about the number, the credit, or the fact that he told the membership that he put it in there, and is now saying that someone else did and that it was right and just that they credit him for it. I let that go for years, knowing that something was wrong, but knowing that tables were being built that did not have the problem. I let the screen shot of my mmpac table stay up for months because I knew the staff did not have proper access to that ftp function, and they were telling me over and over that they were going to let me back, all of them.

I am not destroying this community with a 'I want credit' attitude rascal, and I resent you saying that. I don't want to force my will on anyone. I never asked for credit to be put in the core. All I asked it that I am not on the upper or lower end of inequity. If my posts are going to be moved, my account should be made to access that post, that is reasonable, no? If I find offense in a post that is directed to me then I should expect that post to be edited? No I don't, and I never have. What I do think though is that if one offensive post is that the other offensive post should be. That is reasonable, no? Do I think it is reasonable to let PacDude, 'Special, and others back? Of course. Is there any way that I could accept my lifetime ban? There is. If procedure was followed, the staff was honest about my status, and what punishment was next, and did not say time and time again that they would let me back if.... If they did not lie and play the cruel jokes, and take back what they said when I have met the terms over and over and over again then yes. There is a scant few that don't deserve to be tolerated, but when you look at then you don't see pinheads, you don't see contributing members, and you don't really see any passion at all for the community or hobby it's self. On the other hand when you look at the contributing members you see some of those things in some of the people. You can not engineer a community and not eliminate problems, you can not do it without creating problems.

Everybody needs to put all this crap slinging aside and get back to being a community again.
Yes they do. With or without me. It would be a load of crap if it was without me though. Someones membership should be based on what they have to contribute in the world of simulating pinball machines on the PC, not whether they are going to ask for access to the AC, or make a monetary donation, or if they are going to bother the staff to do it's job, or follow the rules themselves, or anything else other than their contributions to the community.

The mods. I don't see that as the sticking point. I don't see them as blackmail, or vengeance, but sharing of my advancements in certain areas of them. I don't see modding my work that was put into the core.vbs file the same way. I don't want to see it as my work, but ours, but it is. I don't see saying the things about me in the revision comments being true, or reflecting my motivations, but only as vengeance. I understand everything about the ball through the flipper problem, and I don't like reading someone say that I understand nothing about it. No one likes being baited, and no one is wrong to argue their points. There is a bit of vengeance in keeping them up however. But what would it get me to take them down? Respect? To be a respectful ex member? I don't want to be respected on how I handle being banned for life. I took them down as a gesture of good will and then it just switched to something else, the alt. The staff argues that complying with that request did not mean that I would not get banned, but it sure seemed to be the case. They said that I deserved another chance and that removing them would be a gesture of good will. I wanted to discuss having the .vbs file fixed too. What is wrong with that? Still I took them down without any agreement that the .vbs files should even be fixed, to ensure that my account would not be banned again. It was and the reason was that I did not deserve another chance. In defending that they say I have had many chances. I thought I did have many chances, and I took advantage of as many chances as I could. AJ let me back and the staff just changed their minds, rather than give that a chance. I made an alt, first and only after the staff said I could, and use it to post as long as I did not harass them about the past. They said they changed their minds and I would not get that chance. I wish I had one chance, let alone the many they say I have had. I had kept my word each and every time I have taken the chance. There was a time that I would create an alt at will, and have many times, and none of them was blown until I was ready to blow it and it was not to bring up the past or to complain about anything, but to ID myself. I could still create an alt. a day at lease, but that is not what I want to do.

I think the current staff is capable. I have no problems with them other than the massive attack of 'cruel jokes' and false hopes they enjoy. That would vanish the moment they would keep their word and actually give me one of those 'many chances'. The mods would come down, at that point, not as a gesture, but as a rule of law, a law that a forced non member is not subject to.

Shockman, when I talked about "I want credit!" attitude, it was directed to everybody. Everybody takes this hobby far too seriously around here. This isn’t a business where one person is taking credit for what another person has done to look good for the boss. This is a community where everybody collaborates to make a hobby the best it can be. Shit, I’m surprised that some of you haven’t submitted for patients on these ideas the way you act. Come on!

Many of you have hurt feelings and hatred now towards each other and this is due to what was more than likely a petty misunderstanding that could have been resolved before it escalated into what it is now with a little diplomacy and humility. Now, some people have to step up and be the bigger men and let this shit go, otherwise the community will continue to turn on itself until it disappears. In order for the community to survive, it needs a friendly environment where new comers aren’t afraid of getting their heads chewed off for suggesting new ideas and asking questions. Open your minds again, stop being such stubborn mules.

But when I saw, just a few weeks ago that the files that he was maintaining had credit for him in them for work I did and he did nothing to help and instead argued that it should be in there with his name on it because he went to another member and sold it then I came unglued. He not only modded my work, by putting in a number .002 off and taking credit for it, but he defended that action as well.

Talk about pure bullshit. Just a few weeks ago? You've been screaming for the past YEAR about a so-called credit (again it never was a 'credit' for inventing anything) that has been in the core for several YEARS (plural). I removed that so-called 'credit' and the flippe speed you're STILL complaining about several MONTHS ago and you STILL complained (then that it was GONE and you wanted it BACK!). So I've now put it back and left out all the names for any indication who did what for solenoid code (including a new version I made from the existing code to allow authors to specify whatever up and down values they want for each call directly in the script) and you are STILL whining about it. There is no few weeks here period. You are a fucking LIAR and always have been.

NO ONE has ONCE contested that you discovered the relationship between VP physics acting up with slow moving flippers, so this idea someone has stolen that from you is pure bullshit. However, saying that someone took YOUR WORK (i.e. code) and then modified the speed value is PURE BULLSHIT.

Why don't you post your original code for everyone to see, Shockman? It amounted to forced value changes that were inserted into the key-up and key-down sections of scripts. I'll take your word that you used 0.135, but that number is AWFULLY close to my 0.137 I was using for YEARS before that time for a flipper speed in the editor (i.e. the up-swing speed). Why don't you ADMIT you STOLE my 0.137 value and changed it to 0.135 and then said that value magically works to prevent BTTF problems on the downswing? Why 0.135, after all? That value makes NO SENSE because it is *NOT* the value where BTTF problems begin or end! That value is closer to 0.8 or so (depending on CPU speed) and that was through trial and error. 0.135 is NOT EVEN CLOSE to that value. 0.137 came from well documented trials I did with Addams Family in 2001-2002 to find a flipper setting that played like the real machine (first starting with shallower flipper angles and eventually finding a value that worked decently with a more true start value angle and that value turned out to be 0.137 that could make all the shots in TAF as close as I could get it to the real machine).

You see I have a real documented story about where I came up with a flipper speed value of 0.137. You have NO STORY to explain how you magically came up with 0.135 *years later*. So if we're going to talk about who stole from whom here, let's get the story straight once and for all! My value is strange because it came about through testing with TAF for a proper aiming flipper. Your value came about from what? Down-swing speeds don't AIM *anything* and as I've already explained, the REAL value where the BTTF starts/stops is closer to 0.8 and that's a FAR CRY from 0.135.

And I never ONCE said I came up with 0.137 to prevent BTTF problems. I said I came up with it for a proper aiming set of flippers in VP. I said after I read about the speed related BTTF issue, I realized 0.137 would work FINE for preventing BTTF problems as well (because it's well above 0.8) and that would mean the flippers would move evenly in visual speed (i.e. they'd look the same moving up as down, so it would neither be faster or slower). So that is the value I started using in my own scripts.

I made sure from day ONE when I put code into my own scripts that I did NOT use any code you had posted. Not *ANY*. I used WPCMame's VBS core file and copied it over, changed its name slightly so it would not conflict with the VBS files and then altered the variable name so it would use 0.137 instead of the variable.

When it became obvious that wpcmame was not reading any of that, I took it upon myself to personally e-mail him, point him to the thread, explain the issue and tell him the value I was using in my own tables already that worked fine. He then changed the VBS file variable value to 0.137, remarked in the script that I had suggested the change to him (by e-mail) and that was that. NO ONE made any claims for YEARS that I stole any credits or that anyone had even credited me with anything.

Wpcmame indicated he did not have time to maintain the VBS files anymore and I offered to take over maintaining them to ensure all the system changes that were being regularly posted got into an official distribution. I credited EVERY SINGLE contribution anyone made to those files during that time (for everyone to see) in the front of the core.vbs file. I did not change (until 3.23 due to incessent whining by Shockman) any PAST comments that wpcmame had written.

Shockman started flaming me and accusing me of being a thief and taking credit for his work. Excuse me, but Shockman neither e-mailed wpcmame or posted code that used the VBS soleniod method. He used a key-up/key-down set of commands. I'm the one that took wpcmame's solenoid code and adjusted it (for my own tables) to use my own flipper speed value I had been using for years as the downswing value also. There was no Shockman there. The only thing I learned from Shockman was that the problem apparently showed up more with speed related values. I also learned from Destruk that the REAL problem is that ball collision detection is turned OFF during a downswing and that the higher speed simply helps AVOID the problem since the flipper gets out of the way before the ball can fall through it (and then hopefully turns collision back on before the ball touches the flipper again).

I've now put back the old value (Shockman himself requested I "change it back" and so I did and I left out the comment wpcmame wrote, even though it's altering HIS commentary on history, not mine) and he's STILL *screaming* about bullshit LIES.

Everything I've said about is 100% true and documented history. No one else has claimed to discover the speed-related issue. But what Shockman says about stealing his actual code is pure bullshit. I never once used any code like he posted. NOT ONCE.

His attempts to rewrite history and claimed he changed the core and sent it to wpcmame is laughable. Ask wpcmame who e-mailed him. Look at any of my tables released a couple of years back. They contain the modified core just like I've said here. It's VERIFIABLE PROOF that what I say is true whereas I've seen Shockman post exactly ZERO proof that ANYTHING he has said is true. He keeps posting some comment I wrote out of context about putting something into the core. What's that? I *have* modified the core a LOT since I took over. So what? I've modified the flipper code severeal times now as well. So what? I'm the maintainer. It's what I do. Have I ever said that I discovered the ball through flipper fix? Find me ONE sentence I ever wrote ANYWHERE that says that. You can't find it because it does NOT EXIST.

Shockman is a proven liar and bullshit artist.

Case Closed.

So Bob, let's see how far you really believe in this mod-without-limits free-for-all concept.

Let’s start by looking at your creative interpretation of my words….. I have NEVER implied that tables are free to mod, unless someone STATES that their tables are free to mod, like you have. I have NEVER said MY tables are free to mod!

So you're saying if I were to take one of your tables (oh say the TAF one), obtain a photo of your wife and do a Photoshop job reel animation of me porking her up her back door and then paste that over the table playfield, change the table name to "Bob's Favorite Fantasy" and then post that all over the Internet and then remind everone when they want me banned, etc. that it says your tables are FREE TO MOD, you wouldn't mind or complain a bit, eh???

Let’s recap…. MY tables are not free to mod as I have never STATED my tables are free to mod.

Oh wait, I forgot whom I'm talking to.... You even offered to let me have her before. I guess you really wouldn't mind.... my bad.

Only you could take a classic joke and turn it into something offensive…. “Take my wife, please†It’s just like earlier in this thread, where you said 4 or 5 times that I constantly tell/told people to stick stuff up their ass, when it was just a humorous “Up Yours†that you were referring to.

But you see some people think even free speech should have limitations (e.g. it's not okay to yell fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire) and my opinion is even 'free modding' should have limitations (i.e. when it's being done for pure blackmail or revenge purposes, it's not a legitimate mod, IMO and that shouldn't have to be spelled out verbatim. It should be a given). In this case, Shockman made it 100% clear he was doing it as Blackmail and then later as revenge for me not changing the VBS files when he said dance! Well, that's not acceptable behavior, in my book.

You and Shockman are 2 peas in a pod…. You also stated that you changed the vbs core file just to blackmail (your word, but you both did the same thing for revenge) Shockman

But seeing as certain people believe it HAS to be spelled out for them to believe it, I've done so with Blackout and Fathom. He modded them anyway.

Yep, those are unauthorized mods as I have already stated and if VPF wants to BAN Shocky permanently for this, I would agree 100% with them.

This was VERY recently. Yet you still believe he DESERVES a 2nd chance at VPF? You firmly believe he will now follow the rules? On exactly what evidence do you base this on, Bob? I've seen not ONE SHRED of evidence that Shockman's changed one bit. I've seen not one SHRED of evidence that he's sorry for his actions. I've seen not one SHRED of evidence that he'll follow the rules now.

As long as you are a member of any forums, then everyone else should have that same opportunity. Nuff said….

You see, unlike you, I'm not playing pull-the-chain games here, Bob.

You are the greatest chain puller of all time…. You’re yanking chains right now.

I'm being serious and I expect actual evidence to back one's claims up.

The evidence is you are a member of VPF, so Shocky should be a member of VPF.

You seem to want Shockman to have another chance based on absolutely nothing except that it'd make for good entertainment. It'd be a real hoot to watch him piss all over himself again one more time at the old Bootin' Scootin' Salloon! Giddy up already motherfuckers!

I want Shocky to have another chance, just like I wanted you to have another chance at VPF when you were banned for 10 months. Samey same….

Why don't you just admit that's all you're really looking for instead of this facade of giving a shit about poor poor old abused Shockman because I'm not buying it or your lame arguments.

I think I stated only facts and you have stated only lame arguments, but you give them the old PD spin to make them look like something else.

And now that we know you're an admitted chain puller, a regular pot stirrer for your own amusement, I have to say it'll be pretty hard to believe anything you say.

It’s a treat to pull your chain… Many have tried, but you are a champion. It just so happens that I did it for a living…. That’s why I never had 50 different VP people trying to get me banned or stating publicly that I was the lowest scum on earth…. Shockman is still way behind you on pissing people off. You have or show no respect for anyone. There are only a few long-time members that you haven’t pissed off at one time or another. Most of them only tolerate you because they love pinball. No one ever states anything nice about you in private chat or emails. Why don’t you look in a mirror and STFU.

Bob

Man, you need to go to school and learn to read. It's never too late Pacdude.

People should ask WPCMane if you merely linked his to the thread, because if you did he lied about who suggested the number. If not, then you lied. If he did check that link and still credited you with the suggestion that that speed would eliminate the problem then he is as bad as you are, and it was a conspiracy.

You only wish that that quote was out of context. It was not. I posted the proceeding post as well once, but it's not needed.

His attempts to rewrite history and claimed he changed the core and sent it to wpcmame is laughable.
Where did you hear that? You certainly did not read it.

I have explained how I came up with the number, and that I did not come up with the number, but VP's own physics did. Slower than that is more realistic, and you can not use an excuse that speeding it up more, if even by .002 is better. .1 is better, and will work most of time. .137 is the same and makes no difference other than to make it more unrealistic.

Bob, I'm tired of you ignoring everything I've said, labeling it and then throwing it out. Frankly, I can't tell when you're being serious and when you're just playing fucking chain yanking games. I don't really care anymore either. You just come across as lame.

Shocky, you're an idiot. VP's own physics did not make you STEAL my 0.137 value, change it by 0.02 and then claim that number is the magic one that stops balls from falling through the flippers when in FACT it's MUCH lower. Where did you get the 0.135 value from? Bullshit you arrived at that from any other way than taking my 0.137 value and slightly changing it. The worst part is how you are trying to turn it around and make it seem like I stole the number. How can I steal a value I've been using since at least 2002 (if not late 2001) before anyone fixed any flippers????

People should ask WPCMane if you merely linked his to the thread, because if you did he lied about who suggested the number. If not, then you lied.

You're the only one that lies, Shockman. WPCMame simply wrote WHY he changed the value. You simply cannot comprehend that someone would write "Changed value to 0.137 after Pacdude suggested it" BECAUSE I e-mailed him, not because I found the BTTF problem. It does NOT register in your retarded brain because you are 110% CONVINCED that he wrote that as a CREDIT for the BTTF bug, not as an EXPLANATION of why he changed the value in his script.

And THAT is why you are not even on the SAME FUCKING PAGE as the rest of us.

I have explained how I came up with the number, and that I did not come up with the number, but VP's own physics did.

A bullshit fucking LIE. There is NO testing method to come up with 0.135 for a *DOWN SWING* in VP. NONE. I challenge you to prove otherwise because there is NO FUCKING WAY to come up with that number other than to round down my 0.137 value to the nearest 5000th. And my number was based on an UPSWING not a DOWNSWING and that's why it's such a weird number. You have NO explanation of how you came up with a number only 0.02 off from my regular flipper speed. NONE.

YOU ARE A LIAR AND THE VERY THIEF THAT YOU CLAIM I AM!

Slower than that is more realistic, and you can not use an excuse that speeding it up more, if even by .002 is better. .1 is better, and will work most of time. .137 is the same and makes no difference other than to make it more unrealistic.

So why didn't you use 0.1 or even 0.8? They work nearly just as well and make a LOT more sense for a place to start guessing or trial and error. And since 0.1 works fine you would never need to go faster. So AGAIN, how did you get to 0.135? It's because you started with my regular flipper speeds and slightly changed it that's how!

I use my regular flipper speed of 0.137 PERIOD (for up AND down) so it's the SAME value. That proves I did not CHANGE *your* value to 0.137 beyond the shadow of ANY doubt. It's the same fucking value I've been using for YEARS. Not a close one. The EXACT SAME ONE! I didn't change your value! I've been using MINE all along! YOU are the one that changed my value by 0.02 and then claimed you invented that value to fix the BTTF bug! Bullshit. You found the correlation between slow speeds and the flipper bug, but you sure as hell didn't come up with 0.135 out of thin air because it makes no sense to come to that value for a downswing. It only makes sense to come to it for an upswing (where it affects AIM) whereas a downswing would lead you to a number like 0.1 or 0.8 or even 2.0, but not 0.135! NO FUCKING WAY. That .035 amount makes NO real difference on a downswing, only an up-swing.

So guess what Shocky? That means YOU are the one that took code! You are the one that's been lying! You are the one that's modding without permission on Blackout and Fathom! You are the one that's fucking BANNED from VPF (and with good reason!). You are the fucking lying asshole piece-of-shit here.

Hasta La Vista you dumb fuck!

A fact is a fact, PacDude, don't you agree? Listen carefully and have a dictionary handy this time, if not a third grade teacher.

I made a table with a single flipper and a kicker. The flipper was set to change speeds, which was the only time I used it before sharing it with you and the rest. I had two textboxes and one showed the speed the ball was kicked and another showed the speed the flipper was swinging back. I kicked the ball until it equaled a speed that I thought is as fast as a ball would go in a fast table. I don't remember what the text box said when I was comfortable with the speed. The flipper started out slow and speeded up with each kick. The kick speed was variable, but at that point set, I think it was 22 I don't remember. The flipper started slow and the very first time it failed to hit the flipper the value in the flippers textbox was 0.135. If you think that 0.134 would have missed the flipper too then you are mistaken. It was set to 3 places. 0.1341 might have worked, I don't know, it was only to 3 places! Now this was a test for the high end. I had already discovered that 0.1 was good enough for most tables. With a speed of 0.137 which you use a value of anything less that 0.12 would be noticeable, and look sweet. I did not know what value you were using on your tables. I never looked at the editor or the scripts of your tables. I knew the flippers were fast up, and I know they were slow down, and I know you had a bad ball through the flipper problem when trying to drop catch with them, a technique I use often in the real world and motivated me to fix this problem. But I was very busy and have many releases of my own table to prove that I did not have time to examine yours. I did play them a few times, for a diversion, They were all mods then as I recall, but I enjoyed them for the brief time I diverted. The down swing value in context to the problem has nothing, zero, absolutely nothing to do with the upswing speed, I say again nothing. That means it doesn't have anything to do with it, but it does have nothing to do with it. If I was to just pick your number, for some unknown reason, or divine intervention, or gifted insight, or what ever it is that makes you think I used your number, then it would have saved me a lot of time and work. But you know what Pacdude, this dumb fuck did not know that the number was going to virtually be identical to your upswing value, because this dumb fuck knew even then that no upswing value would have anything to do with a working downswing speed. What a dumb fuck I am, by the way, PacDude, how much did you know about downswing speed then? Or upswing then, or the fact that either and both could be set in the script? I did not beat the drum for .135. In fact I warned that that was fast, and only needed in the fastest tables, and that turned out to be a time proven fact. In fact I said that to focus on a number would be a mistake, and that is a time proven fact. Still I said that to ensure that no balls through the flipper were to occur that that speed unfortunately was needed to be put in the core.vbs file.

You know PacDude, I know you think I handled this poorly, I know you think I should have not butted heads with you over this issue. But it would not be hard for people to imagine how you would have handled it if you were the one to come up with the fix and I was the one to do an end run around you and somehow managed to get the maintainer of the file to think it was me that suggested the number and me that posted that I was the one that put it in the script, and it was me that found that 0.137 worked to eliminate the ball through the flipper problem.

You found the correlation between slow speeds and the flipper bug, but you sure as hell didn't come up with 0.135 out of thin air because it makes no sense to come to that value for a downswing. It only makes sense to come to it for an upswing (where it affects AIM) whereas a downswing would lead you to a number like 0.1 or 0.8 or even 2.0, but not 0.135! NO FUCKING WAY. That .035 amount makes NO real difference on a downswing, only an up-swing.
No I didn't. It was already well known that the ball would not make contact with the flipper no matter what the speed of the flipper or the ball when the flipper was going down. There is no collision detection then. I don't know who first noticed that, it was probably Randy, but it was not me. I did not fix the ball through the flipper problem, I defeated it. I took the collision out of the equation, and to answer your query, 0.1 would be good, but many times the ball would be going too fast for that to work. 0.8, well that is too fast for anything so it would not even enter my mind, 2.0? That would be faster than the speed of light, and just plain stupid. 0.08 would be a nice start, but just a start, too often the ball will be too fast for that to work. 0.130 is about perfect for speed in this case. It would eliminate the problem in most cases, but it just falls short some of the time. 0.135 as many years has shown is just right to fill in that missing gap when the ball might be popped back at the flippers, or come screaming down a ramp towards the flipper. You see I can't make that up and I can not pull the number out of a hat, let alone pull it from some upswing editor setting from someones table. 0.135 or 0.137 is about perfect as an extreme to cover the problem in practice. It can be defeated by VP physics though. There as been a few balls through the flipper over the years, but I was working on setting about a limit, with science and if I wanted to bet my life on it then I would have suggested 10.0 as a flipper down speed. Realistically something like 1.5 but would have worried if my life was riding on it. You can not think I stoled your number and understand what I just typed. You have got to get over the coincidence that the numbers were virtually the same. They are totally unrelated. In fact, if I had known that the number was the same as your upswing then I would have suggested 0.130, it would not have been quite as good, but I never tried to suggest a number, just projected the upper range limit at 0.135 and I think for all intentions and purposes I about nailed it.

[margin of error for numbers used in this post ... +/-0.002]

You're the only one that lies, Shockman. WPCMame simply wrote WHY he changed the value. You simply cannot comprehend that someone would write "Changed value to 0.137 after Pacdude suggested it" BECAUSE I e-mailed him, not because I found the BTTF problem. It does NOT register in your retarded brain because you are 110% CONVINCED that he wrote that as a CREDIT for the BTTF bug, not as an EXPLANATION of why he changed the value in his script.
This is also rhetorical nonsense, but I'll address it.
I'm the only one that lies? Is that true?
One thing you said is true and I agree with it.
You simply cannot comprehend that someone would write "Changed value to 0.137 after Pacdude suggested it" BECAUSE I e-mailed him
That's true. I simply could not comprehend that he would change the number just because you e-mailed him and suggested it. I don't think he would have changed it to 0.00002 because you e-mailed him and suggested it, and I don't think he would have changed it to 0.137 because you e-mailed him and suggested it. I think he would want to at least know a reason why he should change it. Why you would suggest it.

I hope we can move past this now. I don't think you should have emailed and suggested anything to WPCMame, when I was talking to another member about it. I think your suggestion, if you wanted to make one should have been that I emailed him and given me the address. You can not argue that belief out of me. I was in no trouble then, other than some complaints that I should do more between my table releases. That is what 100% of the other members would have done I think.

To mention someone in your work that has supplied you with a contribution that they claim to be theirs, or imply is theirs is the very definition of credit, and you can not argue that knowledge out of me.

To suggest something that someone else has already suggested is not a suggestion, it is a relay, or an endorsement, but not your suggestion, and you can not argue that fact away.

In fact I don't think there is another person in or out of this community that would think that you stoled my number for your upswing, or I stoled your number for my downswing. Your use of the number obviously came first, as I would not use anything above .1 for a flipper up, on any of my own tables, as that is quite snappy. I wish I did like that number, but I don't, neither for up or down, it's too fast to aim accurately, and its too fast to be a realistic down speed. It's only virtue that I can see is that it defeats the bttf problem in virtually all instances. The only good thing I can see about it for upswing is that it gives you such a margin, that you can have slower downspeeds, especially on the older tables that GVR might have interest in that you now build and have a much more realistic look and still not have a problem with the issue.

I don't buy into the argument that if you create more realistic flipper action that the tables are going to be too easy as you have said about my methods. Lower playability is not the answer to difficulty. I also don't buy into the statement you made that my method merely moves the aiming points around to make the harder shots with more ease. I don't harp on those issues though because you are entitled to your opinion, and you are entitled to be wrong about it. You also seem to be entitled to write anything you want into the .vbs scripts, such as I don't understand the code structure, and build history of those files and to down right lie about what I said, what I understand, and what I have complained about. Again I think 100% of the rest of the membership would be uncomfortable in writing something as untrue as your comments in the revision history.

You have got to get over the coincidence that the numbers were virtually the same. They are totally unrelated.

I do, eh? Ah, but a couple of days ago you were saying it was NOT a coincidence! You were saying the numbers were too close to be a coincidence and that *I* must have stolen your number and slightly changed it. But I've proven it IS a coincidence on my side (if I am to believe YOUR story of how you arrived at 0.135) because I've obviously been using that SAME 0.137 value as my general flipper speed LONG before you found this problem.

The ONLY thing I took from your thread on the matter was the basic CONCEPT that a slow moving downswing is going to result in a ball through the flipper. Whatever values were discussed and in what order and by whom, I don't remember. I'd have to see the thread again. But I knew that 0.137 was well above the threshhold of most BTTF problems (like you say, one can still sneak through once in a while that's moving really fast or where there are more than 1 ball lying on top of each other, but that's beyond the scope of what is being addressed and something Randy needs to address).

You arguments that I should not have e-mailed wpcmame are coming from the viewpoint that I must have wanted credit or something when I e-mailed him. Credit had nothing to do with it. You are the first person to bring up this idea of "credit" (or maybe it started when someone came up with that History of VP thread where they started picking and choosing who did what first and what should get mentioned and what should not get mentioned and clearly some people were being marginalized while others were getting elevated that came and left a long time ago, at least in my opinion. I don't believe I got one mention for ANYTHING, despite having several firsts, etc. along the way. But I didn't say anything about it because I thought the whole thing was overblown, poorly recorded and therefore a bad idea to begin with).

Why were my tables ever labeled 'free to mod' to begin with? That has its own history and it has to do with the whole Nicky Special and KC ordeal where authors were starting to lock tables up the wazoo, declare all modders evil (even though a lot of good authors were also modders, at least at some point), etc. I *resented* this whole "it's mine and you can't look at it, learn from it or anything else" attitude whereby they (not like M$) would take other people's ideas, techniques, etc. and then lock up their own in a table so no one else could see how they did what. Virtually every author for VP has learned SOMETHING from someone else along the way. Are they all going to go at each others' throats about it? That's a BAD COMMUNITY at that point and doomed to die. Fortunately, most authors aren't so fucking anal and gladly share information and ideas. They might reserve rights to their tables, but they don't go fucking bananas when they see you've used an idea they talked about in your own table.

Ultimately, I think this has backfired a lot on those people. KC got so paranoid that he never learned anything from anyone ever again and his tables stagnated and never improved, even YEARS later. He did not want to even admit a cabinet could be added to a table without changing the view. He just stuck to his guns that ALL cabinets SUCKED (like floating playfields look better?), etc. Other authors joined secret societies and released their stuff on other sites. Where are they now? Where are those sites now? What are they doing with them?

No, the authors I still see around actually DOING WORK are those that don't give a shit about such drivel. Kurt keeps on making tables, keeps to himself most of the time on other subjects and gladly takes suggestions, offers suggestions and will let you mod his tables if you like (most can't/don't because of the rendering aspect), but he isn't so prideful about it that he just says NO.

Now YOUR problem is you act like I was out to steal your credit for something all this time and I've been reacting strongly because it's NOT TRUE. I've said time and time again, if you had just NICELY pointed out the comment in the VBS core and asked if I could mention you were the one that discovered the flipper fix thing (by that point, I had forgotten the history of whom did what because that thread was something I hadn't read in YEARS and NO ONE was making any stink about anything related to it), I would have gladly put your name in the script, etc.

BUT YOU DID NOT DO THAT. You chose INSTEAD to start accusing me of being a credit thief (which is total bullshit given the meticulous records for credit I kept for TZ and even the VBS core itself AFTER I took over). This is not about whom did what to me, Shockman. This is about you INSULTING ME and ACCUSING me of things that are simply NOT TRUE.

You are damn right I'm pissed with you and your fucking "THIEF THIEF!" attitude. You are acting like a crazy person.

If I were a thief, would I have EVER bothered to even reply to you from day 1? Would I have EVER admitted you discovered the flipper speed thing in public where everyone could see it? Would I have removed the comment in question from the 3.23 script that supposedly gives me 'credit' for 'suggesting' it? Why would I do ANY of that if I wanted credit? It's not logical and it's not true.

But I haven't given YOU credit because I don't like your fucking attitude. You have never once asked me nicely to change it. You IMMEDIATELY started attacking me and insulting me instead and I don't think people should be rewarded for their fucking juvenile outbursts.

You still don't want to admit that I was never out to get you or steal your credit despite all the evidence to the contrary. You claimed you don't CARE about the credit; you just don't want me getting credit so FINE, I took all mention of my name in relationship to it away. But you must have been LYING because you're STILL going on about it!

...a couple of days ago you were saying it was NOT a coincidence!...
I have always known it was a coincidence, that the number equaled your upswing, because I did not know your upswing at the time. I have also always said that was a coincidence. But the downswing has nothing to do with that and I know you understand that. I also know that you understand that what you did was replace my number with yours, went behind my back and got yourself credit for it. That was just not only not nice, it was as far opposite as you can get. You took credit in other ways to. You would not correct people that mentioned it as PacDude's fix in threads, you posted that you put it in the script, and you went on and on about the thing and never ever mentioned my name in any of the threads that you explained it, promoted settings, and discussed it.
No I did not ask nice, I said you had no reason to maintain that untruth, as you have been doing. And it was untrue. I suggested the number, not you. I knew you would say something like I don't remember who did it, it was so long ago. And ask me to prove that I did it. But I and very few people and probably none that were active members at the time would not know who came up with this method, so I don't believe you when you say you don't remember, because we went around about it even back then and it was about your number that you replaced mine with and the thread with PK in which you were both trying to agree about numbers, and I was saying that it is not about a single number, it's about getting the back swing as slow as possible to real depending on the speed of each table. There is no perfect flipper settings for all tables and you of all people should know that. You don't have to admit that you would not have let it go as easy as I have, everyone knows that.

The ONLY thing I took from your thread on the matter was the basic CONCEPT that a slow moving downswing is going to result in a ball through the flipper.
The only thing you took? That is the whole thing PacDude. That is the crux of it. There was also a method to defeat it, but you took that too. If all you took was the concept, and the number, then what is left? My concept was simple, it was the method (using a .speed command in scripts for flippers, and a number that would defeat the ball through the flipper problem), and that is all.
It's not slow moving flippers though, I think you should be able to understand. Fast down swings are the same, there is no collision on the top side of the flippers on the downswing of the flippers when orientated as standard flippers, not just a little, not most of the time, but none, ever.

If I were a thief, would I have EVER bothered to even reply to you from day 1? Would I have EVER admitted you discovered the flipper speed thing in public where everyone could see it? Would I have removed the comment in question from the 3.23 script that supposedly gives me 'credit' for 'suggesting' it? Why would I do ANY of that if I wanted credit? It's not logical and it's not true.
Where I come from it's called getting busted.

But I haven't given YOU credit because I don't like your fucking attitude. You have never once asked me nicely to change it. You IMMEDIATELY started attacking me and insulting me instead and I don't think people should be rewarded for their fucking juvenile outbursts.
Like I said, this is nothing new. You think I read every post you ever made to dig up dirt? I knew where that post was. What good would asking nice have done me when this started years ago. Everyone wants credit for their work. Some demand credit for their work, and I don't know, maybe there are some that don't care if others take credit for their work. Even if you did not write that credit, you took it, and you defended it and resisted change. What's this shit about asking nicely? Do you mean saying "please"? "Please PacDude give me the credit for my work instead of maintaining it for yourself in your scripts"? Are you serious? Yes, PacDude, I said I did not want the credit. It does not mean in any way that I don't think I should have the credit. I also said you could put the credit for you back, as long as you got the fix put back in. You read that. Did you read that as I wanted you to have credit for it? You must have, you can't have it both ways.

You're not really so bad Pacdude. Your enthusiasm made you do something you should not have done. Your impatiences made you do something that was unnecessary. Your Pride prevented you from doing the right thing. Your anger made you do something that was out of line. I understand all of those things myself.

Your threatening to leave and take all your tables with you if the staff of VPF would let me back is unforgivable if it goes on. You drop that, take the negative comments out of the core vbs files, and I will take down the mods of your tables, never release another, and let the fact that I am not going to get credit for my contribution put into the core script become an axiom. And better than any of that, this will be over. What say you?

As for the History of VP thread, I agree with you 100%. What a fucked up farce that was.

You see there you go again, INSISTING I did this all on purpose. You tell me how you didn't even look at my tables or flipper speeds or read this or that post over the years, yet you then simultaneously accuse me of not 'correcting' any post that might have somehow implied I had anything to do with it. Do you think I read every post in every thread in every forum? LOL. It's not my job to police threads looking to correct historical facts so that Shockman's feelings don't get hurt.

And again, there's the difference between ideas and implementation of ideas. You didn't claim I used your expressed idea to implement a flipper fix; you said I stole your CODE and I'm a thief. The last time I checked, ideas had to be patented to even remotely be protected. Talk is cheap. Reading your publicly posted and given information on how something is not working in VP and how one might get around it is a far cry from copying and pasting code you wrote. One is a copyright violation. The other is NOT. I'll leave it up to you to figure which is which. Besides, you claim now that you wanted ALL tables to be 'fixed' (or at least worked around to some extent) without authors' consent by having it implemented in the core.vbs file. So your issue is not that the problem was fixed in the core or in any of my tables or anything else.

No, your problem is that wpcmame chose to write the blurb about changing the value on suggestion by Pacdude. I said since day 1 on this issue that your problem, therefore is with wpcmame because he wrote that, not me. I never read it as a credit, but as an explanation. That's my POINT-OF-VIEW on the matter. You see it differently, but so what? I still didn't write it. So I'm guilty of what? Not changing it? Why would I change it if my POV is that it's NOT a credit? Do some logical thinking for once in your life, Shockman. I know you're capable of doing it when you really try hard.

So again, if you wanted something CHANGED, why didn't you just ASK isntead of immediately ATTACKING, CUSSING and ACCUSING? Why didn't you ask if I'd edit the file first and see what I said in response to that question BEFORE assuming I'm the bad guy? NO NO NO. That would be WAY WAY WAY too SANE of a thing to do and WAY too logical. So INSTEAD you just started attacking first and figured you'd just ORDER the change later and then act all surprised when the person you're attacking doesn't suddenly bend to your will after you've told them to go fuck themselves.

I'll drop the threat of leaving if VPF lets you back on, but you'll have to point out what negative bits you want removed from the core, lest I be confused again and put something else in there that magically pisses you off somehow.

How long can these two guys say the same thing over and over?

Ruby, are you still out there?

I'd like to welcome Cobracure, another one of PD's fans :D

BTW, yesterday I was chatting with someone who pointed out that Shocky was cussing very little lately and almost making some valid points, whereas PD was rambling on like a madman.

:lolsign:

(This change was done so a certain someone of the VP community can shut up about it, despite the fact
' the original code IS by WPCMame and only the speed value was altered and does not use this person's code
' despite his rampant claims)
This. I know who the code was originally by, and I know that was altered and did not use my code, just my suggested value, more or less. When that is gone, so shall the mods be.
The lines after that should go too IMO because WPCMame did not create the ball through the flipper problem, and was only trying to make things better, and the numbers did not change that, thought it may have enhanced it a bit, but there is no reason to editorialize the revision history, just type what was changed.
The part before that should go too IMO again, the part about the compromise. But what is quoted will be enough to seal the deal.

Thanks PacDude.

The mods are down.

bob said:
How long can these two guys say the same thing over and over?

Ruby, are you still out there?

I'd like to welcome Cobracure, another one of PD's fans :D

BTW, yesterday I was chatting with someone who pointed out that Shocky was cussing very little lately and almost making some valid points, whereas PD was rambling on like a madman.

:lolsign:

Dammit, Bob, I'm busy! I've been hard at work replacing all the Alfred E Neuman pictures on my modded table with shots of "Janitor Guy from Cracked!" Looks much better. Did "Janitor Guy from Cracked" have a name? Wait... was it Seymour something? I could Google up the answer, but I prefer to be old fashioned about things like this; I'd rather let the question stew in my brain until it eventually infects everything running through my mind, especially that godawful clip from "Total Eclipse of the Heart" that one TV commercial keeps using. Go ahead; sing it to yourself and see if it doesn't stay in your mind all fricking day long! Let me get you started:
"Turn around, bright eyes...."

ruby651 said:
Dammit, Bob, I'm busy! I've been hard at work replacing all the Alfred E Neuman pictures on my modded table with shots of "Janitor Guy from Cracked!" Looks much better. Did "Janitor Guy from Cracked" have a name? Wait... was it Seymour something? I could Google up the answer, but I prefer to be old fashioned about things like this; I'd rather let the question stew in my brain until it eventually infects everything running through my mind, especially that godawful clip from "Total Eclipse of the Heart" that one TV commercial keeps using. Go ahead; sing it to yourself and see if it doesn't stay in your mind all fricking day long! Let me get you started:
"Turn around, bright eyes...."

Hey Ruby, John use to ask me to do a Cracked table, but I don't really have the resources or desire at this time. I'd like to see a screenshot of your mod 8) I do know someone (not me) talented, who's working on a Spy Vs Spy table and he has lots of gimmicks and tricks up his sleeve for it. It looks pretty impressive to me, I hope he finishes it and releases it.

For some reason, every now and then, I get a total eclipse of the heart.... :shock:

Bonnie Tyler? That's not serious!? :confused2:

Actually I just prefer Green Day and Billy Talent. :rockband:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back