BAM Air_Hockey_Fp/Bam "Ideas and concept"

the cabinet(model) what I put on above, isn't it good? what do you mean by special and that lays flat can be accessed on top and bottom ?
please help me understand better
I am talking about building a pinball cabinet like where the TV lies flat and each player sits on each of the narrow sides of the TV.

Yep!! Couldn't agree more. I think I am going to stay away from this one.
I don't know how many times I wanted to smash my keyboard through my monitor playing this one on the Amiga so many years ago.
F@#k I am getting OLD!!
Emulators are a beautiful thing and I still love to hate this game, because it is awesome!!

Lol.. I hear you. I played that one a lot. Still remember the one guy's laugh. :)

Neat stuff! I love what BAM has allowed us to do now for this kind of thing.

Being Canadian... I have always wanted more hockey tables for FP :)

Neat stuff! I love what BAM has allowed us to do now for this kind of thing.
I completely agree .... and of course it's Rav's credit:appl:

Being Canadian... I have always wanted more hockey tables for FP
I hope that ... both gimli (Bob) and me (Paolo) can come out from the magic hat of Bam... a game that is fun to play, and also nice to look at, it won't be epic ... but it sure will be one of a kind.

Keep it simple people.
Regarding 2 players just make the game play in sets, like tenis or ping-pong (table tenis)

I think people can easily change mice or gamepad thumbsticks or whatever. Just make a "warning" informing the users they have to do that! No need to rotate tables or anything like that.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that all tenis games i've ever played since zx spectrum one of the users had to be, obviously, at the top of the screen.

The simpler way though would be to use use the top view.

@Ike Savage
@wild

Paolo and I are making great progress and hopefully can post a video soon.
Rav's Mouse support works amazingly well. I will implement it in Billiards and Bumper Pool and who knows maybe even Ratrace and Labyrinth
We are improving the AI and coding levels of difficulty and working on the optimal bounce physics and cabinet design

Very Cool stuff !

@Ike Savage
@Gimli

Yes....we do our best to make this game optimal and for everyone's needs!?:bonk:

Bringing AI to the table (no pun intended) is just another level of programming. Who knew this would ever be done for a piece of software designed to user input only?

I'm now thinking about mp action against an AI in tables with minigames like retroflair 2. Just thinking outloud @TerryRed :wink:
Maybe i'm aiming high (no pun intended, again) but I mean, Discs of Tron is the coolest arcade ever and a great game as well so, even with me being highly biased, I'm sure others would welcome this kind of addition to a pinball machine.

Possibilities are endless!

Anyway thank you guys for bringing us this.

Keep it simple people.
Regarding 2 players just make the game play in sets, like tenis or ping-pong (table tenis)

I think people can easily change mice or gamepad thumbsticks or whatever. Just make a "warning" informing the users they have to do that! No need to rotate tables or anything like that.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that all tenis games i've ever played since zx spectrum one of the users had to be, obviously, at the top of the screen.

The simpler way though would be to use use the top view.
I agree, for 2 player we can rotate the screen and play it like the old "pong" game.
pong.jpg

Is that the next project? :whistle:

Is that the next project? :whistle:
He he
My lunacy only goes so far...how far is yet to be determined
Perhaps I could make a "kerplunk" game using this pinball emulator :bonk:

Really nice! You're reflexes are better than mine. I take it you are playing the AI?

This is very cool!
It has come a long way from it's initial conception mere weeks ago.
Well done guys, cheers!

Looking great guys.

For the trails of the puck... I was playing around with having the RF2 tron disc leave a tiny trail.... but normally the trail is based on the ball... so the disc wouldn't work for that.

How are you leaving a trail with the puck?

Looking great guys.

For the trails of the puck... I was playing around with having the RF2 tron disc leave a tiny trail.... but normally the trail is based on the ball... so the disc wouldn't work for that.

Paolo used this code and I set the level value to 10 , which I am not sure if it is a thing
Code:
     xBAM.Trails.Level = 10
    xBAM.Trails.Color 0,0,224    ' Red, Green, Blue
    xBAM.Trails.Enabled = true

Then in the Customball code for the invisible ball, I increased the opacity slightly to .01
Code:
Sub CreatePuckBall  'Create Puck
Dim bi, ball
    Set bi = xBAM.BallManager.CreateCustomBall(0)
    PuckRelease.CreateBall bi.Red, bi.Green, bi.Blue
    Set ball = xBAM.BallCloseTo(0,0)
    ball.Opacity = .01
   Miniplayfield_1.Scale = 1
     PuckRelease.SolenoidPulse
End Sub

Can I ask for a little small thing? Option to disable trails or at least a note that they can be disabled by changing xBAM.Trails.Enabled to false.

Other than that, as it so often happens lately, my jaw on the floor makes it hard to say something.

Can I ask for a little small thing? Option to disable trails or at least a note that they can be disabled by changing xBAM.Trails.Enabled to false.

Other than that, as it so often happens lately, my jaw on the floor makes it hard to say something.
good idea
I am adding a menu for various options like AI level, so trails can definitely swapped on/off as well

Option to disable trails or at least a note that they can be disabled by changing xBAM.Trails.Enabled to false
I in my tables, I always put this option of ball trail on/off, through keys,I only, use this function, nobody seems to like it.
good idea
I did not insert it (in the table) the on/off option, because it was still a test .....since the ball is an invisible ball, so I needed more information.
Paolo used this code and I set the level value to 10 , which I am not sure if it is a thing
the code is not complete with how I usually use it in my tables
on a normal ball like I do on my tables, on an invisible ball, there is something else to set, in fact it was something I wanted to talk to gimli about .... but there was no time to do it

I'll open a discussion thread

thanks

Last edited:
I in my tables, I always put this option of ball trail on/off, through keys,I only use this function, nobody seems to like it.

I did not insert it (in the table) the on/off option, because it was still a test .....since the ball is an invisible ball, so I needed more information.

the code is not complete with how I usually use it in my tables

on a normal ball like I do on my tables, on an invisible ball, there is something else to set, in fact it was something I wanted to talk to gimli about .... but there was no time to do it

I'll open a discussion thread

thanks
I think it is kinda of like ball shadows
In Billiards I also attach the Billiard "ball" toys to an invisible ball
So in order to see ball shadows I had to change the opacity of the underlying ball.

It is not a problem, I don't think although you may not get as intense a trail or as vivid a color of the trail with the opacity set so low

Ok
I have added a menu that allows you to choose difficulty, color schemes and toggles trails on/off
If you think the colors are bad don't worry, this is just an idea. we can refine this as we go.
I want to use BAM texture swapping feature

I added some game sounds and stuff

View attachment Future Pinball 2021-03-30 07-12-45-79.mp4

Ok
I have added a menu that allows you to choose difficulty, color schemes and toggles trails on/off
If you think the colors are bad don't worry, this is just an idea. we can refine this as we go.
I want to use BAM texture swapping feature

I added some game sounds and stuff
Ok,the idea is very clear, it remains only to perfect it,but i don't know how texture swapping works, but it's not a problem.
for the rest, a great job,very nice!!!!

Well...Well..Well.....Thanks to Gimli(Bob),who had a great idea to change texture to the cabinet and objects, very nice !!!

The functions in use are:
1) xBAM.SetTexture...for objects
2) xBAM.LoadGif....for cabinet-hockey

Her the my vision.
View attachment Hochey-set-color.mp4

PS: there will be more news, which Bob may soon show.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back