Stern WIP FizX BAM FP Avatar (Stern, 2010) WIP

Future Pinball
No they are not part of FizX.
The sounds was something I've ported from VPW example table so I can use Fleep Sounds. It's not so advanced obviously but it does most of the work to give some sound variety under different situations.
However, I used the _hit model triggers included in FizX to activate the sounds and whatever else is needed.

No they are not part of FizX.
The sounds was something I've ported from VPW example table so I can use Fleep Sounds. It's not so advanced obviously but it does most of the work to give some sound variety under different situations.
However, I used the _hit model triggers included in FizX to activate the sounds and whatever else is needed.

OK thanks! That is what I thought.

I am not sure what to make of this code on Cosmic Princess:

Rubber35Type = 1 ' Descritpion : Left Slingshot Post Rubber

There is no Rubber35 on the table but there is a DRubber35. Does DRubber35 = Rubber35? I deleted the round rubbers for the round rubbers but left the shapeable ones because that appears to be what was done on Cosmic. It looks like TerryRed left all the original rubber on the table.

Then I found this Sub:

Sub DRubber35Hit_hit()
Rubbers_Hit()
End Sub

Then there is "Sub Rubbers_Hit()"

Then this sub references these 2 factors that are defined elsewhere:

RubberStrongSoundFactor
RubberWeakSoundFactor

How far do I need to go with this?

Last edited:
No. Rubber35 is not DRubber35. I've found the problem and i'll be corrected in an update. Either way, doesn't affect gameplay looking on what exists. But it was a mistake since DRubber35Hit (the trigger that sits on top exists).

Sub Rubbers_Hit is code for sounds when rubber is hit and it is "dynamic". Based on Speed it calls rubber sounds louder or quieter. This is old code by the way as I've redid it to avoid subs calling subs and it'll be in the next update (but i'll send you the new table)

Rubber sounds (and other sounds) require 3 things:

- the code at the end of the script that starts at " ' --- Fleep Sounds support routines --- ' "
- triggers called DRubber<number>Hit on top of the rubber using model called FleepHit-D<number> where number of the model indicates the diameter in milimetres. Point in case it should match the DRubber model in size (I actually use exact same coordinates.
- a Sub DRubber<number>Hit_Hit() for every trigger you put on the table that looks like the code you posted above.

No. Rubber35 is not DRubber35. I've found the problem and i'll be corrected in an update. Either way, doesn't affect gameplay looking on what exists. But it was a mistake since DRubber35Hit (the trigger that sits on top exists).

Sub Rubbers_Hit is code for sounds when rubber is hit and it is "dynamic". Based on Speed it calls rubber sounds louder or quieter. This is old code by the way as I've redid it to avoid subs calling subs and it'll be in the next update (but i'll send you the new table)

Rubber sounds (and other sounds) require 3 things:

- the code at the end of the script that starts at " ' --- Fleep Sounds support routines --- ' "
- triggers called DRubber<number>Hit on top of the rubber using model called FleepHit-D<number> where number of the model indicates the diameter in milimetres. Point in case it should match the DRubber model in size (I actually use exact same coordinates.
- a Sub DRubber<number>Hit_Hit() for every trigger you put on the table that looks like the code you posted above.

...So this line in Cosmic:

Rubber35Type = 1 ' Descritpion : Left Slingshot Post Rubber

should have been coded like this:

DRubber35Type = 1 ' Descritpion : Left Slingshot Post Rubber

and the old round rubbers are not needed?

@GeorgeH

I use Fleep sounds on all PinEvent V2 tables, just not any of the extra code, since I also use PUP for SSF on PinEvent V2 tables.

nope..

Rubber35Type = 1 is the good syntaxe... It's for the DRubber35 in Editor

@GeorgeH

I use Fleep sounds on all PinEvent V2 tables, just not any of the extra code, since I also use PUP for SSF on PinEvent V2 tables.
yep but you can't use different level of sound with pup ( and random? )

@GeorgeH , don't care of "Fleep sound trigger" for now. Do the FizX... Sound could be made at the end if you want

yep but you can't use different level of sound with pup ( and random? )

It becomes more.... complicated... if I also want to support FP / smoke ball rolling sound levels and pup sounds levels, etc. I do however use random Fleep sounds for each mechanical event. (5+ sounds for each flipper, etc).

Just clarifying for @GeorgeH. Fleep's "sounds" are separate from the code he uses... as in, the code isn't required to enjoy his high quality recorded sounds. The code is more for adjusting volume based on speed of the ball when it hits things, etc.

However... you also use more than one sound for each mechanical event when using Fleep sounds (and a random sound is played each time). So I have that built in to my PinEvent commands that control FP sounds / PUP SSF / DOF, etc.

Last edited:
@GeorgeH , don't care of "Fleep sound trigger" for now. Do the FizX... Sound could be made at the end if you want

I will take your advice. I am not sure I will use it. The coding looks rather like it might be beyond my abilities. Avatar already has Slamt1lt's rubber sounds.

nope..

Rubber35Type = 1 is the good syntaxe... It's for the DRubber35 in Editor

It makes the coding look odd to me but I will use DRubber35 to name objects on the table and list Rubber35Type in the script. ...And leave the original round rubbers deleted.

Think like Rubber35 TYPE is for use with the Dynamic Rubber 35 OBJECT on the table.

I am making my way through the rubbers and slingshots. It would be nice to have a diverter that is a little shorter . I am using the shortest model (SlingshotL60) and it has quite a bit of overlap. It might work.

1660876225548.png

Just move the posts a bit to the left to match up better. Then adjust the other FizX rubber walls to match up with the FizX posts as needed. That's what I did for Sonic.

Do the rubbers need to be at a certain height in Future Pinball?
For instance, if the pinball hits a rubber that is not in the mid pinball range height (25), the pinball can have some weird spin on the ball and act in strange way in VPX.
Just curious if it is same in Future Pinball?

Thanks for working on this table!! One of the best special effects movie of all time!!
Carry on.

Just move the posts a bit to the left to match up better. Then adjust the other FizX rubber walls to match up with the FizX posts as needed. That's what I did for Sonic.

The whole slingshot is much smaller on Avatar than the one on Sonic. I won't be able to separate the diverters anymore than they are. The swing area produces an uneven edge of the 2 diverters (in the gray) that might deflect the ball in an odd way. ...But we will see how it works out.

For instance, if the pinball hits a rubber that is not in the mid pinball range height (25), the pinball can have some weird spin on the ball and act in strange way in VPX.

Thanks for working on this table!! One of the best special effects movie of all time!!
Carry on.

The custom models that I added must sit on the playfield because I had to add an offset of 14 millimeters to raise them up so that they would be high enough. The pegs have a depression in a ring shape where the rubbers are supposed to be located. You can usually control the ball spin by changing the ball damping parameter in the XML. When I adjust the ball parameters in the XML, I use a custom ball that has a pattern on it so I can easily see how much spin there is.

I am making my way through the rubbers and slingshots. It would be nice to have a diverter that is a little shorter . I am using the shortest model (SlingshotL60) and it has quite a bit of overlap. It might work.

View attachment 25671
hi @GeorgeH , you need to wait i come black from holidays, i wil make other slingshot model

Carry on.
no problem in FP for that

The rubbers in FP have an offset of 24mm. Depending on the object you can either set it in the GUI (bottom right there's an offset field) or you can create a surface at 24mm and assign the object to that surface. but yes, it is apparently at the same height or thereabouts.

Yeah in VPX if you set the rubbers too high, or too low, the ball bounces and spins in weird directions.

Friction and bouncing it's something working better with PF and rubber on FP compare to VPX if it used as it should..

in my opinion ;)

The great advantage is FP use kinetic and static.. it make a big difference how ball spin and roll

I have finished the tedious job of adding the rubbers and slingshots.

While playing it, the bounce off the top post of both slingshots was really excessive. The ball would bounce half way across the table when these posts were hit. I increased the hardness on both posts from 1 to 6 which fixed it.

I noticed some odd bounces when the ball hit the center of the slingshots but that should be corrected when JLou makes a new model of the diverters.

I decided to replace all the material codes in my XML with what was used on Cosmic Princess. I was never happy with the way the way the materials performed but I couldn't improve it. I must say that adjusting the softness on all of them to 1.0 (except the default) seems odd, especially for metal. I went with it anyway.

All that is left is to add the bumpers.

You find that strange because softness is a misleading word. In reality it is called hardness and if you think of it in the proper way, voila.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    dave01568 has left the room.
    servo192705 has left the room.
    djbarryfromicquk2 has left the room.
    obsidian1 has left the room.
    hendric has left the room.
    GeorgeH has left the room.
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: helptv has left the room.
      Back