Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

MetaTed

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
High Speed
MetaTed submitted a new resource:

Cars - Lightning Edition - Bring out the Piston Cup!

Cars - Lightning Edition v1.0

Please enjoy my first original table, I hope it brings a smile to your face!

The video below shows how it looks on my 2-screen desktop setup.

There is a custom DMD and PUPpack which should automatically launch from the table.

I am inspired by all of the talented and generous people of the virtual pinball community. I have asked countless questions that were answered within hours of my posting here at Pinball Nirvana.

This table would not be possible...

Read more about this resource...

Nice Looking table. I am getting a script error 6562 object required when it starts

Nice Looking table. I am getting a script error 6562 object required when it starts

This is that line:

DMDext.Run """%DMDFP_EXE%"" mirror -s futurepinball -g " & xbam.table.name & " -q --use-ini=""%DMDFP_INI%""",0

It appears you need to have DMDext installed. I have found it seems to be playable if you remark out that line and don't have DMDext installed. Just place a single quote at the beginning of the line to remark it out.

Thanks for letting me know. A couple questions because I ran into this on an earlier version of FP/BAM when I added JLou’s DMD launching code.
1. Does the table still play with the error msg showing?
2. Do the PUPpack backglass and videos load?

Check out this thread:

You may need to download and run the DMD registration file JLou attached at the bottom of his post.

I apologize for not explaining better as I really don’t understand DMDext, I just think it looks great!

When you say that this is your first original table, is it your first table or have there been others?

When you say that this is your first original table, is it your first table or have there been others?
Hi George,

This is the only table I’ve released. I started work on a second original table that will be themed on the TV show Survivor. I haven’t done any pinball recreations. I enjoy creating games that I wish existed in the real world.

Hi George,

This is the only table I’ve released. I started work on a second original table that will be themed on the TV show Survivor. I haven’t done any pinball recreations. I enjoy creating games that I wish existed in the real world.

It is certainly an amazing first effort.

Really fun stuff and great theme. Excellent first try at an original table.

Regarding DMDExt.... I mention on the AIO Example table code and tutorial to not enable that option by default if you choose to include that code on your table, as the player will get an error if they don't do the extra steps to support it. That portion of code is not a requirement at all for the table if you just want to use DMDExt with it. (JLou wanted it included, as that's how he used it)

If anyone installs my FP and BAM Essentials AIO, they can run DMDExt without that code if using one of my "Start FP - DMDExt" bat files which will automatically run DMDExt for any table as well as starting FP. No need to mod any table (with a FP DMD) to make it work.

This looks great! I'll be downloading to my cabinet for a test drive tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be awesome. Congrats! And thanks.

This looks great! I'll be downloading to my cabinet for a test drive tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be awesome. Congrats! And thanks.
Awesome! Please let me know if you have an issue with the DMD, see TerryRed's comment above.

Really fun stuff and great theme. Excellent first try at an original table.

Regarding DMDExt.... I mention on the AIO Example table code and tutorial to not enable that option by default if you choose to include that code on your table, as the player will get an error if they don't do the extra steps to support it. That portion of code is not a requirement at all for the table if you just want to use DMDExt with it. (JLou wanted it included, as that's how he used it)

If anyone installs my FP and BAM Essentials AIO, they can run DMDExt without that code if using one of my "Start FP - DMDExt" bat files which will automatically run DMDExt for any table as well as starting FP. No need to mod any table (with a FP DMD) to make it work.
Thanks for the clarification and support Terry!

@MetaTed I'm getting a mediation error and the pup pack doesn't launch on my single screen desktop even when using a software dummy monitor. I even checked the script to make sure pup stream is enabled and it is. All of my other Future Pinball tables work as well as pup packs.
Also, there are no .bat options to choose screen setups.

Attachments

• fperror.jpg
    fperror.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 11
@MetaTed I'm getting a mediation error and the pup pack doesn't launch on my single screen desktop even when using a software dummy monitor. I even checked the script to make sure pup stream is enabled and it is. All of my other Future Pinball tables work as well as pup packs.
Hi,

I appreciate you letting me know. Check out some of the discussion above your post. You can either go into the table script and comment out that line of code, or if you want to try having DMDext launch directly from table (which I find convenient), you can check out JLou's post which links to a file "DMDFP_REGISTER" that you place in your FP folder and run once. Once you get past the DMD issue, the PUPpack launches without issue.

I'm sorry for the extra steps, I'm learning this on the fly as well!

Per George H:

Just place a single quote at the beginning of the line to remark it out.

DMDext.Run """%DMDFP_EXE%"" mirror -s futurepinball -g " & xbam.table.name & " -q --use-ini=""%DMDFP_INI%""",0

It appears you need to have DMDext installed. I have found it seems to be playable if you remark out that line and don't have DMDext installed.

Also, I will look into adding the .bat options in the PUPpack. Hopefully that will make it easier for everyone to play, regardless of screen setup.
Thank you!

That won't work with this table (or any others), unless its modded to stream the pup-pack to a texture used on the table.

Only PinEvent tables are setup to automatically work like that for PUP Stream. Adding a pup-pack to a table is not enough to make that work.

@MetaTed I don't see JLou's link for the DMDFP_REGISTER file. Can you post a link please? And will running it effect my other FP tables and pup packs?

@MetaTed I don't see JLou's link for the DMDFP_REGISTER file. Can you post a link please? And will running it effect my other FP tables and pup packs?
It's in the zip file at the bottom of JLou's post.

I can't guarantee anything about it affecting your particular setup. It works for me.

Another option (as Terry posted above) - If anyone installs my FP and BAM Essentials AIO, they can run DMDExt without that code if using one of my "Start FP - DMDExt" bat files which will automatically run DMDExt for any table as well as starting FP. No need to mod any table (with a FP DMD) to make it work.

@MetaTed I have FP / Bam updated with Terry's latest software along with DMDExt installed and I downloaded the DMDFP_Register.exe, placed it in my Future Pinball folder, ran it and still no luck. I also commented out that line in the script and the table runs fine, but the pup pack still doesn't launch.

@MetaTed I have FP / Bam updated with Terry's latest software along with DMDExt installed and I downloaded the DMDFP_Register.exe, placed it in my Future Pinball folder, ran it and still no luck. I also commented out that line in the script and the table runs fine, but the pup pack still doesn't launch.
Hey thanks for the update. I think, unfortunately, that the table as currently coded will not be able to show the PUPpack for single screen desktop users. It's nothing that you're doing wrong, I just didn't understand how Terry does it when I made this table. I believe he has created code that allows PinupPlayer to stream the "backglass/dmd" within FP as either a texture on the translite or even a textures within the playfield itself!! Pretty cool stuff, but beyond my capabilities at this point.

If/when I figure it out, I'll post an updated version that works for all the various screen setups, including single screen desktop. Until then, I hope you are able to enjoy the table in it's limited form.

@MetaTed No worries, I appreciate you're quick replies and help. I will indeed enjoy the table and wait for the pup pack updates.

Thanks again.

No go on my cabinet. But I don't do pup packs. At all. (Hate the idea of them. If I want to watch a movie I'll turn on the tv. I'm here for pinball.) So I'm probably missing a software component it needs.

@rkade80 I just updated the table with an option to stream the PUPpack from 2nd screen (or dummy monitor I hope) into the main FP screen where the HUD would be. Let me know if it works for you, thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back