Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
So actually, it's not even FizX that are easier to implement because most of the FizX part is not even there.
Ok....just to understand "I" the best, so my intervention here (comment) is not in order to create problems for anyone.I hope it is clear!!
I have to admit I didn't give much "weight"(I hope you understand what I mean by weight) to your comment as a reply to George, I think it has something to do with the fact that he closed his thread.

Anyway........you are saying that Fizx-Lite is not Fizx, right? can you confirm your statement ,please?
I'll explain the reason for my question, I have....(or maybe I had... I have to evaluate.....depends) the intention of adding Fizx-Lite in some of my tables ok... but

But if you say that; it's not fizx, creates confusion, you used to agree, now you don't, and whatnot.......... it seems to me that there's something wrong, I'll leave it to you....find the right word in defining what you are saying.So,in my opinion you make me give up just fine to try to insert it.

Now, you say that part of Fizx is not included in the Lite version...... ok but let me say that for me, I repeat for me, even Fizx-Lite there is too much code to insert in a table, but of this, if you want we can talk about it calmly, later.

Your post demonstrates part of why I changed my mind. And just to keeps in context, remember I was in favor of it a long time ago when it's wasn't so easy to do things.

On a more technical part, simply put, Fizx-lite was just part of FizX as it only changes how FizX works and you can have that just by copying AIO example table code into any table. Seriously, if you want to test, for easy of demonstration, just pick a table without previous FizX version coded, copy and paste the code after "Option Explicit" adjust left and right flippers to 48º and there you have it.
Instant FizX-Lite. So, FizX-Lite doesn't make much sense, to me and it'll just cause confusion.

And now you can implement the rest of the FizX for more realistic gameplay with rubbers bumpers, sounds. Ok, for sounds I actually think you have to import them always. I've done this so many times by default I forgot :D but reading AIO example table top to bottom will tell you exactly what to do and importing sounds is easy anyway.

Don't think about the amount of code in AIO example table. No need to use EVERYTHING like pup or dof stuff as that works or not automatically.

Now, within 5m work you already have better gameplay.

After that, you can take care of rubbers part of FizX. Which dramatically changes gameplay, for the best. And also bumpers.

All the instructions are in AIO table and the easiest way to make them work is also copy and paste after importing the necessary models and textures.

Your post demonstrates part of why I changed my mind. And just to keeps in context, remember I was in favor of it a long time ago when it's wasn't so easy to do things.

On a more technical part, simply put, Fizx-lite was just part of FizX as it only changes how FizX works and you can have that just by copying AIO example table code into any table. Seriously, if you want to test, for easy of demonstration, just pick a table without previous FizX version coded, copy and paste the code after "Option Explicit" adjust left and right flippers to 48º and there you have it.
Instant FizX-Lite. So, FizX-Lite doesn't make much sense, to me and it'll just cause confusion.

And now you can implement the rest of the FizX for more realistic gameplay with rubbers bumpers, sounds. Ok, for sounds I actually think you have to import them always. I've done this so many times by default I forgot :D but reading AIO example table top to bottom will tell you exactly what to do and importing sounds is easy anyway.

Don't think about the amount of code in AIO example table. No need to use EVERYTHING like pup or dof stuff as that works or not automatically.

Now, within 5m work you already have better gameplay.

After that, you can take care of rubbers part of FizX. Which dramatically changes gameplay, for the best. And also bumpers.

All the instructions are in AIO table and the easiest way to make them work is also copy and paste after importing the necessary models and textures.
I agree totally and for everyone in the universe but me and George who are stranded on an island with only our limited wits and a volleyball named Wilson ,
that is how it should be !

We are all hobbyists who enjoy tweaking and contributing and the best, most popular and/or most expedient ideas win but that can also be frustrating if undeveloped but useful endeavours get discarded along the way

I can to let go of my ideas for the greater good but sometimes it is bittersweet

Also I realize that items like saveable game options while part of most existing commercial video games they are hardly important in the grand scheme of things

Having tried to do tutorials and examples of various things over the years in this hobby... I eventually learned that all I can do is show an example of something, and hope others can benefit by it.

When it came to doing tutorials for things like DOF, DOFLinx, PUP and other things... my hope was that others would strive to do things the "better" and "correct" way, with a high-quality standard at some point. I eventually realized that not everyone wants to (or can) take time to learn how to do things to that level. So, I just focused on my own creations / updates / mods more.

I never "expect" anyone to use something I made (or my examples) in their creations / updates / mods. Just because I think what I make may be great / cool to me... doesn't mean that it may be of interest (or wanted) by others.

That is a big part of why PinEvent came to be. It was originally going to be something like the AIO Example table (without physics). I got tired of the lack of "standards" for some things on the VP side years ago (for PUP, DOF, SSF, etc), so when I decided to start doing my own FP updates for those things (which I was very knowledgeable at)... I decided to put a lot of time and work into the PinEvent "standard" (for my own releases only), that would provide options for "everyone" to use... and a proper standard that was consistent on every release I do.

*** FizX ***

FizX however, was the focus and result (and collaborative agreement from JLou / AnonTet / me) of combining multiple things into "one" standard that revolved around all aspects of FP physics. If it was just "better flippers", than that would just be DFV2. If it was just the additional physics changes on the rest of the table, that would be DPV2. The entire point of creating "FizX" was to combine "everything" into one cohesive and proper standard to be used as a starting point that would truly change an "entire" FP table to have physics that aimed to be more realistic along the lines of nFozzy on VP. It would evolve to add things like dynamic ball hit sounds (combined with FLEEP sounds), which reduced A LOT of work on any FP table when it came to adding additional mechanical sounds to the entire table (and would just work automatically).

The Tweaker Tool was a nice bonus (and cool idea from Gimli), but it wasn't essential (or required) for the actual functions of FizX. After doing over a dozen FizX updates (and doing them numerous time per table), it was barely being used anymore. With FizX v3.0 we had the main settings pretty locked down for most tables. (its gotten really easy now) The larger version of the Tweaker Tool (made by Gimli and GeorgeH) was getting a bit... big.... like REALLY big :) We saw the problems that came from trying to add more and more FizX save functions to it, and we didn't want to have anything on the AIO Example table anymore that could result in more complexity / problems (for something that was not essentially needed). For anyone new who was trying to just update a table... they would need to deal with save slots, fpram, etc. Keeping just the actual Tweaker Tool adjustments with no saving / loading made code and support MUCH simpler... and MUCH easier to update in the future.

*** Why FizX v3.0 and Lite are very different ***

FizX on FP is a big deal. A VERY big deal to many people. You guys may not realize it in the smaller FP community here, but everyone else in this hobby is taking notice of new FP tables now. They are seeking out FizX v3.0 tables specifically because word has gotten around.... and they know it's a game changer, and that tables on FP can be updated (or created) in a way they have wanted for years (and have enjoyed on VP).

So it's "very" important to differentiate the FizX v3.0 standard on a table from everything else, as when people see the words FizX... they expect a table to play to a specific standard now with specific features. If someone wants to add "FizX physics" to a table they plan on sharing / uploading... the burden is on them to make sure they are doing their due diligence to take the time to do it "all" right. To do otherwise is disingenuous to the hard work from JLou (and others who contributed to the testing and updates) to make FizX v3.0 what it is today. (not to mention the authors of the table being updated)

*** AIO Example table ***

The AIO Example table / code and the tutorial was the result of that collaboration and the standards that were created. (DOF / SSF / PUP are not "required" to use the AIO Example code). I busted my butt off to make sure all the code was modular and easy to work with, and also in a way so you don't "need" to use the extra features that are added (but taking the extra time to do so pays off big time for everyone). I added new combined Ball Rolling code that can work automatically for most FP tables with no extra work needed (unless you want to change sounds on ramps, which I also show examples of how to do that).

I don't expect everyone to "want" to use the AIO Example table code.... but watering down FizX and removing features doesn't make things easier... it just reduces the quality of what the creation of FizX, that table and it's code / tutorial was intended for to begin with. I'm not one to want to do things half-baked.... not when I'm using / representing someone else's work / efforts. These table updates require some time invested to do it right with the code and the table update itself.... not just a quick copy and paste. I think anyone who has tried my latest FizX v3.0 table updates would agree, the extra work pays off big time. (and gets MUCH easier each time you do it)

Last edited:
Having tried to do tutorials and examples of various things over the years in this hobby... I eventually learned that all I can do is show an example of something, and hope others can benefit by it.

When it came to doing tutorials for things like DOF, DOFLinx, PUP and other things... my hope was that others would strive to do things the "better" and "correct" way, with a high-quality standard at some point. I eventually realized that not everyone wants to (or can) take time to learn how to do things to that level. So, I just focused on my own creations / updates / mods more.

I never "expect" anyone to use something I made (or my examples) in their creations / updates / mods. Just because I think what I make may be great / cool to me... doesn't mean that it may be of interest (or wanted) by others.

That is a big part of why PinEvent came to be. It was originally going to be something like the AIO Example table (without physics). I got tired of the lack of "standards" for some things on the VP side years ago (for PUP, DOF, SSF, etc), so when I decided to start doing my own FP updates for those things (which I was very knowledgeable at)... I decided to put a lot of time and work into the PinEvent "standard" (for my own releases only), that would provide options for "everyone" to use... and a proper standard that was consistent on every release I do.

*** FizX ***

FizX however, was the focus and result (and collaborative agreement from JLou / AnonTet / me) of combining multiple things into "one" standard that revolved around all aspects of FP physics. If it was just "better flippers", than that would just be DFV2. If it was just the additional physics changes on the rest of the table, that would be DPV2. The entire point of creating "FizX" was to combine "everything" into one cohesive and proper standard to be used as a starting point that would truly change an "entire" FP table to have physics that aimed to be more realistic along the lines of nFozzy on VP. It would evolve to add things like dynamic ball hit sounds (combined with FLEEP sounds), which reduced A LOT of work on any FP table when it came to adding additional mechanical sounds to the entire table (and would just work automatically).

The Tweaker Tool was a nice bonus (and cool idea from Gimli), but it wasn't essential (or required) for the actual functions of FizX. After doing over a dozen FizX updates (and doing them numerous time per table), it was barely being used anymore. With FizX v3.0 we had the main settings pretty locked down for most tables. (its gotten really easy now) The larger version of the Tweaker Tool (made by Gimli and GeorgeH) was getting a bit... big.... like REALLY big :) We saw the problems that came from trying to add more and more FizX save functions to it, and we didn't want to have anything on the AIO Example table anymore that could result in more complexity / problems (for something that was not essentially needed). For anyone new who was trying to just update a table... they would need to deal with save slots, fpram, etc. Keeping just the actual Tweaker Tool adjustments with no saving / loading made code and support MUCH simpler... and MUCH easier to update in the future.

*** Why FizX v3.0 and Lite are very different ***

FizX on FP is a big deal. A VERY big deal to many people. You guys may not realize it in the smaller FP community here, but everyone else in this hobby is taking notice of new FP tables now. They are seeking out FizX v3.0 tables specifically because word has gotten around.... and they know it's a game changer, and that tables on FP can be updated (or created) in a way they have wanted for years (and have enjoyed on VP).

So it's "very" important to differentiate the FizX v3.0 standard on a table from everything else, as when people see the words FizX... they expect a table to play to a specific standard now with specific features. If someone wants to add "FizX physics" to a table they plan on sharing / uploading... the burden is on them to make sure they are doing their due diligence to take the time to do it "all" right. To do otherwise is disingenuous to the hard work from JLou (and others who contributed to the testing and updates) to make FizX v3.0 what it is today. (not to mention the authors of the table being updated)

*** AIO Example table ***

The AIO Example table / code and the tutorial was the result of that collaboration and the standards that were created. (DOF / SSF / PUP are not "required" to use the AIO Example code). I busted my butt off to make sure all the code was modular and easy to work with, and also in a way so you don't "need" to use the extra features that are added (but taking the extra time to do so pays off big time for everyone). I added new combined Ball Rolling code that can work automatically for most FP tables with no extra work needed (unless you want to change sounds on ramps, which I also show examples of how to do that).

I don't expect everyone to "want" to use the AIO Example table code.... but watering down FizX and removing features doesn't make things easier... it just reduces the quality of what the creation of FizX, that table and it's code / tutorial was intended for to begin with. I'm not one to want to do things half-baked.... not when I'm using / representing someone else's work / efforts. These table updates require some time invested to do it right with the code and the table update itself.... not just a quick copy and paste. I think anyone who has tried my latest FizX v3.0 table updates would agree, the extra work pays off big time. (and gets MUCH easier each time you do it)
Thanks Terry for your response !
I will pm you
Let me state clearly
What you and JLou (and Anontet) have accomplished for FP is amazing!

I love it !

I also did some work on sound and even posted a tutorial here somewhere. Not sure if this was what started the first conversations about putting this into what was dfv2 but this is just to explain that I understand this view of sometimes we have to let go.

Personally I can just say I still had fun and I hope that all was just not in vain. Hell, a much better framework is on some tables from even a long time ago. Just look at bride of pinbot table! Now that would be worth salvaging as a template to code tables (and surely some here can even improve it). But I digress.

What I reall don't agree with is with the expression from @Gimli "limited wits".

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how much you and @GeorgeH were are and will be, part of FP history due to your contributions over the years and that requires something that definitely doesn't includes the word "limited" unless it's used to refer to limited to what FP allowed.
Again I digress but I had to put this here. It is a fact that if you download a table, chances are your handles are somewhere in the code. That's something I will never achieve but happily acknowledge.

I also did some work on sound and even posted a tutorial here somewhere. Not sure if this was what started the first conversations about putting this into what was dfv2 but this is just to explain that I understand this view of sometimes we have to let go.

Personally I can just say I still had fun and I hope that all was just not in vain. Hell, a much better framework is on some tables from even a long time ago. Just look at bride of pinbot table! Now that would be worth salvaging as a template to code tables (and surely some here can even improve it). But I digress.

What I reall don't agree with is with the expression from @Gimli "limited wits".

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how much you and @GeorgeH were are and will be, part of FP history due to your contributions over the years and that requires something that definitely doesn't includes the word "limited" unless it's used to refer to limited to what FP allowed.
Again I digress but I had to put this here. It is a fact that if you download a table, chances are your handles are somewhere in the code. That's something I will never achieve but happily acknowledge.
Thanks Anontet and Terry who responded to my pm

FP has come so far and it’s easy to feel left behind , but such is the nature of progress .

Thanks Anontet and Terry who responded to my pm

FP has come so far and it’s easy to feel left behind , but such is the nature of progress .

There are always new methods to do things that will come along, that may make older methods no longer be noticed / used as much. I've seen it happen on both VP and FP many times over the years. It can feel like a bummer when something someone made (that was used by many) and put a lot of time into... is not used anymore (or as much). It's never something personal. When it comes to creative works / personal projects... everyone wants to use what they like (new code, new models, new art, new gameplay, etc). No one should ever feel obligated to have to use something in their own creative works. (but always try to be respectful of the original table's creator and their wishes).

Something like FizX isn't as much a creative / artistic work as it is a very specific solution to a long running problem with FP. There is a right way and a wrong way to use it. The road to get there came from work from not just JLou / AnonTet / myself, etc.... but also started with ravarcade, Gimli, etc and those contributions are still a part of FizX (you'll see the names / sections it in JLou's code).

Same thing with Shiva and his Shiva flippers. He's probably the only one who has used it (and a new Jungle Girl is being released!). Same thing with his FBX framework. I'm sure it bums him out seeing it not used by others as well.... but he initially made that more for himself I'm sure. I'm the same way. I create stuff for myself, and share it for others to use if they want.. but if they don't, I won't let that bother me. I'll do my own thing with it until something more preferable for me comes along. I'll always use another method to get the results that works best "for me". It's never personal.

Like for example... smoke's ball rolling. Works fine. I used it on many tables before. When making PinEvent it was always more work to make the ball rolling methods (smoke and pup) get along... and the result was a lot more CPU usage, etc. That's why I decided to try to do a new method that combined the bits of both smoke's method, and nailbuster's method for PUP ball rolling. It turned out really well and is more efficient, and is very easy to add. It doesn't mean that smoke's method is no longer valid or an option for those who wish to use it... but for the AIO and my own PinEvent releases... I won't use that method anymore. (I won't get sad if others don't want to use my new method). If something even better comes along... I'll probably use that instead.

We should never assume that if we create something, others will want to use it. Besides the AIO Example table, I honestly don't know if anyone has ever used any of my own posted examples or methods I've shared over the years for doing things (in tables or posts). It doesn't bother me if they don't. There are times where I'm like "but this way is much better", and it's never used. That's ok. Whatever I create is out there for anyone to try to use and learn from if they want.

The only exception that I do get annoyed with, is for my own releases when people don't read the download description or install instructions I include. They are there to save people so much time, and for me to not get loads of PM's asking for help (which happens all the time). I shouldn't need to repeat the same thing over and over again 100's of times. So instead of always needing to look up my old posts / links to pass on to people again and again.... that's why I made my own Guides / Install Instructions that I maintain myself.... so I can just say "read that, it has the answers".... and they cover not just FP, but also DOF / PUP / cabinets, etc. I can't point to other guide / tutorials if they don't cover all that.

Terry, I actually used shiva's code too. We did exchange a bit of messages back in the day :)
That was hard to implement but in all honesty, shiva's work is more than that.
It's a whole framework that makes it easy to code a table from scratch by simply copy "modules". Really awesome job that resembles a lot of what I said about BoP table. But I digress, again.

And I actually learned a lot but stealing code from Terry's tables and lately code from wecoc (which coincidentally I used in first iteration many years ago without knowing!)

Yes, I've been enjoying Wecoc's new code snippets. The new spinner code in particular is very welcome and solved many problems... and that's why I added it to the newest PinEvent table updates I just uploaded.

It's safe to say... we've all learned from others. Be it something from GeorgeH, Giml, Paolo, ravarcade, AnonTet, JLou, smoke, Popotte, Shiva... many table authors, or anyone else who's created content and shared it freely. That sometimes also includes those who just download / play and find rare bugs and provide that feedback in the table support topics.

I know it can seem like I get lots of attention for my content compared to others as of late. I don't control that, or what others may say or do regarding anyone's FP content. I'm just simply much more active on all sites and groups, and my own youtube channel. That's something that slowly built up over the years since 2015.... and I make a lot of effort to promote big updates for FP, PUP, FizX, etc. If its something I use for my own projects (and can benefit others)... I'll promote the crap out of it... but its not up to me to do that for everyone's content. Lots of guys in this hobby can do that.

If anyone feels that I haven't expressed any thanks for their efforts, help or contributions... please note I'm saying it here. I would never had gotten to the point of being able to do stuff on FP like I can today without that. (this also includes VP content creators as well I've learned from).

Ok Guys,I'm a bit perplexed, I clearly expressed my thoughts that I didn't want to create problems for anyone with my question about F-lite, instead I see that a debate has arisen (I think friendly) in which Gimli is also involved.

I fully agree with Gimli the last two positive comments he wrote about Fizx,and let me add that it was me who first thought that it was possible to reach an optimal physics that could be added in every table (see my comments in my threads Physics), and something has also been taken from my "theorists" comments, and added in fizx I think.....but unfortunately due to my non-existence in mathematics I missed the train of wonders
and I was also criticized for this telling me that it was impossible, and then it was born Fizx.

Now if F-lite creates confusion, I certainly don't want to create another one.

So please guys, don't use my thread for this context, I'm also willing to comment but please that we can make another dedicated thread.

@xenonph
Please could you move the comments also mine from page 36 onwards to another thread.

Thank you all for your understanding

Last edited:
Ok Guys,I'm a bit perplexed, I clearly expressed my thoughts that I didn't want to create problems for anyone with my question about F-lite, instead I see that a debate has arisen (I think friendly) in which Gimli is also involved.

I fully agree with the last two positive comments he wrote about Fizx,and let me add that it was me who first thought that it was possible to reach an optimal physics that could be added in every table (see my comments in my threads Physics), and something has also been taken from my "theorists" comments, and added(in fizx) I think.....but unfortunately due to my non-existence in mathematics I missed the train of wonders
and I was also criticized for this telling me that it was impossible, and then it was born Fizx.

Now if F-lite creates confusion, I certainly don't want to create another one.

So please guys, don't use my thread for this context, I'm also willing to comment but please that we can make another dedicated thread.

@xenonph
Please could you move the comments also mine from page 36 onwards to another thread.

Thank you all for your understanding

Yah, sorry about that @Paolo ... I got carried away and forgot what thread this was in.

Yah, sorry about that @Paolo ... I got carried away and forgot what thread this was in.
No problem @TerryRed ......I'm also interested, but let's do it in a dedicated thread for this F-lite context.

Yeah .. but all in all it was a positive derailing (of which I'm also guilty as charged :D)
I mean if doubts existed, for future reference it shows we're all here for the same reason. Fun, learning, and developing FP in which we all belived from the start.

I agree totally and for everyone in the universe but me and George who are stranded on an island with only our limited wits and a volleyball named Wilson ,
that is how it should be !
:lol: if you go a little further to the right of the two dwarf palms, you will see me lying on my Hawaiian hammock, I'm waiting for help to dig one X.....AHAHAHHH......Bring a couple of beers, I recommendoO!!!

Ok, returning to F-lite or full........I understand and appreciate the effort on this project, you three (it seems to me also gimli,not counting Rav, which he obviously is c eator of all things Bam....but I also believe George) contributed heavily on FP, nobody takes this away from you, but let me say something ok.....

I may seem like a pain in the ass (excuse the term) in insisting on being able to improve my tables.....maybe I should give up and leave everything, and have some nice beers on that island.:lol:

If you understand the difference in points of view of ;1) a normal user who downloads and plays, without knowing Fp well, 2) a user who is amateur and understands Fp, 3) a builder who creates tables and understands Fp very well......if you understand this, then I continue with my comments on the matter.

I don't see the point but I'll play :)
I think I can speak for all when it's easy to understand the differences and that you fall into the 3rd category.

I do have to ask you to forget about FizX-Lite, otherwise this will lead nowhere, in my opinion.

Well....I tried to add "FizX" to my favorite table BATMAN,but as i expected i encountered some problems,i tried on another table.....but same problem,so i thought to add it on a table that has nothing of Bam(physics ,xml,df.. ..etc etc) and it worked,see Here Please.

Now probably if in batman and on another table that has other physics related stuff in it, and although i deleted them, reset "fpram", deleted the "cfg" file, and all i know, i had problems,I do not understand what's happening.

So...trying "FiZx" on Saint Seiya Pinball, I noticed some things worth discussing, comparing to Saint Seiya Pinball without anything physics, but this in due course, first I want to clarify a certain situation first.

Last edited:
Adding FizX to a table that has already any old flippers improvement mod just requires you to make REALLY sure everything from old code has been deleted.

Everything else is exactly the same regarding flippers part of FizX.

Same thing applies to everything FizX, like a table that has ZED's mod stuff (flippers, power bumpers, etc.)

After the "clean up" everything is just like starting new with FizX.

Note to the rolling ball sounds that requires the channel 8 (default PUP channel) to be free. But this can be changed to whatever channel that is free in PUP options.

Ok, I added Fizx 3.2 obviously "full", I had some errors which however I resolved, so I have some questions, I know, perhaps "you" have repeated them many times, but in order to learn better and above all understand, I have to ask some questions, I hope you will answer me!!

Note; as happens (at least to me, I don't know to others) for "ball roller sound" of "smoke" as soon as there is a typo or some missing letters or an incorrect object name in the script, Fp gives you error in the line of "smoke " instead of where the exact error is, however the same thing happened to me as soon as I added the Fizx code.

Now....taking the code of "AIO" I got error in this "sub" line 2678......and trying to understand why, after a few hours I can understand the reason for this error......it was something related to flippers 1-2-3-4
Cattura4.JPG Cattura3.JPG

So....for some reason in "AOI" the two main flippers are; LeftFlipper1,RightFlipper1 not as usual LeftFlipper,RightFlipper....so I thought this is the reason why I always get the error in the "sub" one, so as not to prolong the discussion, I had to add all the flippers see photo.

Having done this, I still receive errors, but this time referring to the 4 "in-out line" triggers and PlungerLaneTrigger which is not necessary for this table(renamed to other names for scripting needs), red square photo above......I also had to enter these to avoid receiving errors, after this I did not receive any other errors.

Some questions;
1) if I don't want to use (because I can't) dof pup, etc etc, they remain in false,...right?
Cattura0.JPG

2) regarding the "PinMechSound" sounds are they sounds that dof uses?
3) Do I have to add all the sounds from all the folders to the "Fleep Sounds" folder?
4) If I changed the diverters in length as long as this slingshot is, keeping the center of the diverters in the center of the slingshot obviously, do I get bounce errors in the script?
one other thing, "SlingShotThreshold = 3" I understand that it regulates the sensitivity of the ball's bounce, but what about the strength? in the editor you could adjust the strength of the "old" slingshots....here? Is it perhaps based on how much force the ball has when it hits the deflectors (or rather the slingshot)?
Cattura1.JPG

5)regarding the bumpers, excellent solution to reduce the ring, so that the ball does not get stuck in it, (I had solved it another way) however it seems to me that reducing the ring involves a reduction in thrust force, so even if I put maximum strength into the editor, so if I need more strength, what do I do? Do I go to xml, or is there an option in the script? if I edit in xml what happens do I have problems in script?
Cattura2.JPG

6)regarding the rubbers, are they used for sounds? or for something else important? type that give a realistic bounce based on ball strength?
Cattura13.JPG

7)I don't understand if there are the difference between those sounds.......PinMechSound and Generic_hit(object, hitSpeed , typ)
I mean are there any sounds that dof uses? and sounds that fp uses, so to speak?

8)It would be very useful to include a note at the beginning of the script informing users that there are codes to insert into the original fp code
like this, I know it, but someone couldn't know it
Cattura66.JPG
Cattura55.JPG

9) so.... if you read my "explanation" above (I hope it's clear) do I have to add all the flippers and triggers in my table to avoid having errors?
I can understand about flippers, but I don't understand about triggers

That's all for now, then I'll post a video of the table with Fizx 3.2, thanks for your attention!!

Almost everything you are asking is answered in the AIO written tutorial. The table was designed to be used with the written tutorial for information.

Follow all the steps in the REQUIRED section in order. This is what is needed for FizX. Read everything in each step that describes the answers you are looking for.

Place all the code in the same locations. Update all flipper names in the editor and their commands as required. Update the slings section as needed to match what you table uses for names.

The OPTIONAL sections are not required.

1) The OPTIONAL section in the tutorial tells you what you can remove or disable if you don't want to use them.

2) They will output mechanical sounds to either FP, or PUP SSF (whichever is enabled). DOF uses no sound (its for real cabinet hardware, like solenoids, lights, shaker motor, etc)

3) add all the "required" fleep sounds as shown. The others are optional only if needed

4) You can chnage the sling diverter model to any length as needed. you can adjust the diverter strength on the XML if needed for sling strength. Keep the sling rubber band strength in the editor at the lowest (you only want the diverter hitting the ball)

5) Bumper power can be increased if needed in the XML section. What you are allowed to edit in the XML is also shown in that section. (kickers, vuks, etc)

6) It's recommended to add Invisible Rubber post models at the ends / corners of rubber bands as the models have more polygons than the round sections of FP rubber bands. The models are smooth and round. This will work much better and also allows you to control the rubber bounce on the corners separately from the bands. Look at the AIO Example table for reference. All visible rubber post models already on a table work automatically with FizX.

7) FizX will play ball hit sounds automatically whenever a ball "hits" anything (and plays a sound based on the material type, or if its a target, etc). This means you do NOT use any triggers on the table for ball hit sounds (this was commonly done by SLAM, Rom, and others). You want to remove any of those triggers the table may have that are only used for ball hit sounds.

The only triggers that are needed is if you want Ball Rolling sounds to change when entering and exiting a ramp (as shown on the example table). They aren't required, but the ball rolling sound won't change without them.

8) The table was designed to be used with the written tutorial for information and instructions. Not the table script. The tutorial tells you exactly what to do, in order.

9) You only need to add the required models, FLEEP sounds, textures, and the AIO code (as shown) to the table. Then make the changes to flipper names as required and follow the tutorial in order.

I would like to reduce the Bounce control (that's what I call it) of the main flippers, is there any option or not?

EDIT:
Watch the note HERE

Last edited:
I would like to reduce the Bounce control (that's what I call it) of the main flippers, is there any option or not?

EDIT:
Watch the note HERE

The FizX Flipper settings in the table script (for the main flippers), and the flipper elasticity settings in the editor (if desired) are what you can change for the main flipper's rubbers and other settings.

It's also important to Save, Close FP then reload the table when making any changes like that, just in case to be sure FP is freshly loaded with nothing left over in ram / BAM that may make things act a bit differently.

1702041793045.png

yes I always do it, for years now, change, save, reset fpram close and then open, it's a fundamental step that everyone should do.

not knowing what to touch, I always ask.......
it is these parameters that regulate the rebound?
Flipper_Low_Velocity_BouncingCoeff = 0.8 ' Default = 0.8 (0 to 0.99) : Bouncing Coeff for Flipper rubber when ball has low velocity. Higher give more bounce at low ball speed
Flipper_High_Velocity_BouncingCoeff = 0.3 ' Default = 0.3 (0 to 0.99) : Bouncing Coeff for Flipper rubber when ball has high velocity. Higher give more bounce at high ball speed

yes I always do it, for years now, change, save, reset fpram close and then open, it's a fundamental step that everyone should do.

not knowing what to touch, I always ask.......
it is these parameters that regulate the rebound?

Not sure what specifically you mean (maybe JLou will understand)... but regardless, any settings you can change are the settings I pointed out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    (AI prompt) lyrics in Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide verbatim lyrics from the song "Excuse Me" by Amy Arena as it is copyrighted material. However, I can offer a summary or analysis of the song if you would like. Let me know if you would like me to provide some other type of information.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    (AI prompt) words to Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @xenonph, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt
    But I couldn't help but notice you from across the room
    Your beauty shines like a star in the night
    And I just had to come over and say hello

Excuse me, but I couldn't resist
    Your smile is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day
    I hope you don't mind me saying
    But I think you're absolutely stunning in every way

I know this may sound a bit forward
    But I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by
    I just had to tell you how I feel
    And hope that maybe you'll give me a chance to make you mine

Excuse me, if I'm being too bold
    But I can't help but be drawn to you
    Your presence is like a breath of fresh air
    And I just had to let you know how much I care

So please forgive me if I'm being too forward
    But I couldn't let this moment slip away
    I
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    ah ha
    • Wow
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    just word it diff

erently and they break the copyright bot
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    as i suspected
    (AI prompt) What would the lyrics be, if someone tried to make a parody of Amy Arena's song "Excuse Me"?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Excuse me, can I cut in line?
    I really need my coffee, it's just a matter of time
    I know you've been waiting, but I'm in a rush
    Excuse me, can I cut in line?

Excuse me, can I take your seat?
    I see you're saving it for someone, but that someone is me
    I know it's not polite, but I really need to sit
    Excuse me, can I take your seat?

Excuse me, can I borrow your car?
    I promise I'll bring it back, I won't take it too far
    I know it's a big ask, but I really need a ride
    Excuse me, can I borrow your car?

Excuse me, can I have your fries?
    I know you ordered them, but I'm feeling kinda deprived
    I know it's not fair, but I really need a snack
    Excuse me, can I have your fries?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Wow, you can ask for words vs. lyrics?
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    heh, neither of those lyrics are correct
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    great faker bot
    first try at this...
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Reactions: xenonph
    it worked!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    Carry on gentlemen, I need to reboot.

:salut:
    Nice chatting!
    Have a fine ev'ning!
    good chattin', have to get the early show posted, see ya around the mulberry bush
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Free Bally! has left the room.
      Back