I've made a decison

John
You're taking this waaaay to far.
Yes, Ron has been a right 'pain' (for want of another word) and to a degree, the banter discussing his posting has been upsetting as well as strangely entertaining. But think about your proposed action for a moment longer .... you are going to let an uneducated (by most standards) and uncompassionate bastard (by everyone's standards) who's pissed just about everyone off, destroy the hobby you've contributed toward for years! That's extreme without a doubt.
Rise above him, show who's the more considerate and ignore him. To fall out with Jon and Steve, or try and put them in an equally impossible position eg' it's him or me, is unfair on them and leaves everyone with nowhere to go.

So promote you're elder statesman position, rise above the Biddle (which let's face it isn't hard to do), continue to enjoy your hobby and contributing to the pinball scene for the wider good of the community.
You'll notice that Ron had heeded the warning given and has not been tempted to goad your recent position - so perhaps this is a changing moment, a defining moment for all concerned.
Whatever you decide, best wishes from across the pond - but I sincerely hope that you'll reconsider your position with Jon and Steve - there's no need for everyone to fall out.
Respect. :)

Jon I guess your problem with me is I refuse to have anything to do with anything if it has the word community in it, and that includes this site, irp, p-o, vpf or whatever.
At least you will stop asking, but I also made it clear that as far as I am concerned, and it's nothing personal to anyone, including you , the entire "community" can go rotate.

If you can't handle that fine, but also when you write things like this, do it from knowledge. Anyone who uses the latest generation VB forum knows that it's exactly like the previous version, that person's post is listed, with a message that tells you to click a button to display the message instead of a post, and a reminder to use cp if you want to show that person's other messages. VPF has the same setup, just as it's older, the person has to set it up manually. I believe it's call ignore in the cp and it's been available for years.

Well, my take on this is really pretty simple. If I was regular at a pub, and a guy came in spouting abuse at everyone, perhaps wearing a t-shirt with a dead foetus on it, shoving it in peoples faces, making a few nazi salutes, calling everyone a m*therfucker etc., I'd be pretty pissed off. If he did it every day for a few weeks, gradually getting worse, despite being told to leave, I'd expect the landlord of the pub to step in and bar him, especially if he didn't apologise.

If instead, the landlord just had a quiet word and let him come back to the pub whenever he felt like, without ever saying sorry, as long as he behaved, well, the atmosphere would have changed. Just knowing someone like that was sharing a room with me would mean I would rather be somewhere else.

And that, gentleman, is why I am leaving this particular establishment. I for one cannot with good conscience allow myself to be part of something that allows stuff like this to be punished in such a trivial way. Please remove the demos, tables and tutorials I have made available. Perhaps Bizzle will post something nice to replace them with.

Does this site have a rule about taking stuff down on request? I don't think so. Not sayind they wont or shouldn't. I think is was enough for a first offence. It was meant to make Ron feel bad, not for you and John to feel good. If it was to make you guys feel good then it would have been your ban without this warning. LOL at you man.

I stupidly hit the wrong button when splitting some OffTopic Posts to the Junkyard, here are 3 that should have stayed and are located in this thread:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1497
Posted: May 06, 2006 - 09:50 PM
JonPurpleHaze said:
Sadly, highrise's files have been removed from the downloads per his request.
Posted: May 06, 2006 - 11:46 PM
davidsss said:
John I think you're doing the wrong thing, why? Because it means Bizzle has won. I don't even know what images he uploaded, I don't take notice of crap done by people who's shoe size exceeds their IQ. That said, I do believe that there is a point where someone needs to be banned, I just think it is a lot more effective to just ignore them. If someone started insulting me I would give it maybe 2 replies before I just ignored them - giving people like Bizzle attention is precisely what they want. I think it is a greater loss to the VP community to lose John than to have to put up with Bizzle.

This will be my first and last post on this issue as I don't want to give Bizzle more attention than he deserves (which is none).

As for John, take a break from here and pop in again in a few months and see if it's alright. I'll see you on some of the other sites, although probably not VPOriginals as my passion is for reproductions so I don't visit there very often.

DS
Posted: May 07, 2006 - 03:56 PM
elton said:
All these recent posts are :offtopic: and denegrates John's thread. Can they be stripped out please - 'cos this is crap.

It's sad to hear you leaving the
community for a couple of
idiots,Tiltjlp.I wish to you all of the best. :pint:

We don't close threads...;)

Yes I know I'm treading on your toes here John, though honestly why would you close any discussion, seems like not fair play to me?

Yes I know I'm treading on your toes here John, though honestly why would you close any discussion, seems like not fair play to me?

Well, my toes might get sore, but I'm wearing combat boots to wade through the BS. When I returned and decided to make titljlp available again, I went trhough and closed any old topic that would dredge up old and negative feelings, not just for myself, but for others. After so many years, some stuff is probably best left in the past.

But, if you feel a need to open all the YEARS OLD threads in an effort to embarrass me, or for whatever reason you may have, go ahead, it's no sweat to me, After 6, 7, and 8 years, who cares, other than you. I think doing so will make you look more foolish than it does me, since I've moved on. I won't even ask WHY you're doing this, since, after all these years, who cares? I sure don't.

But what you have failed to realize it that this thread is im My Own tiltjlp Spouts Off section, which JPH allowed me to create. That means I do have control over it. In fact JPH made in unviewable, and when I returned, I went through it and hand picked which threads to make viewable again, and which to leave hidden. Attack me all you want, if that amuses you, but don't mess with MY SECTION.. I do wonder why you want to bust my chops, if you'd care to enlighten me.

Last edited:
Everyone moves on from these pinball sites when
they feel they have no more enjoyment in participating.

Thanks For All You Did.

Rick

Steve, I appreciate everything you’ve done for PN since I returned, and wish you luck in what has to be quite a tough job.

Nice to see you're making the job as difficult as possible for Steve... he needs the challenge!
If you're so ashamed of threads you've posted in the past that you have to go through and pick and choose which ones are open or not, maybe you shouldn't have written the posts in the first place.

Nice to see you're making the job as difficult as possible for Steve... he needs the challenge!
If you're so ashamed of threads you've posted in the past that you have to go through and pick and choose which ones are open or not, maybe you shouldn't have written the posts in the first place.

For your information, when I left Jon made the entire section not viewable. When I returned, with Jon's OK, I went through and reopened ones I felt might be of general interest. Threads that deal with 6 and 8 year old dead issues have no reason to be viewable, other than for Steve, and people like you who enjoy causing trouble to bring back after so many years. After such a long time, I'm not the one who looks foolish.

and people like you who enjoy causing trouble to bring back after so many years.
Oh, my, but that's rich! What color is the kettle again, pot? The highlights of your ignominious return have been starting a thread calling on all members to put another member on "ignore" and whinging about not being able to close old threads! There's plenty of threads on here that are 6 and 8 year old dead issues that are as open today as they were the day they were started. I don't see why yours should be any different. Of course, there is the irony that the thread you recently replied to just happened to be the one that said you were stomping out of here and never ever coming back six years ago! Yeah, I wouldn't want anyone reading that either, if I were you! Trust me, you look very, very foolish!

Oh, my, but that's rich! What color is the kettle again, pot? The highlights of your ignominious return have been starting a thread calling on all members to put another member on "ignore" and whinging about not being able to close old threads! There's plenty of threads on here that are 6 and 8 year old dead issues that are as open today as they were the day they were started. I don't see why yours should be any different. Of course, there is the irony that the thread you recently replied to just happened to be the one that said you were stomping out of here and never ever coming back six years ago! Yeah, I wouldn't want anyone reading that either, if I were you! Trust me, you look very, very foolish!

And why would or should I trust you? I doubt you've ever made a post that didn't rip someone. I've looked foolish in the past, and probably will again in the future, it's no big deal. Dredging up old threads to prove that shows that Steve and you have too much free time on your hands. Six yeares, let it go folks.

I took a look at my old posts and, boy, you're right! I was awful mean to that poor Ron Bizzle guy back in 2006 for the way he was behaving towards you! BTW, I didn't dredge up this post, I just noticed the reply you made and wanted to see if you were using your role as moderator to, once again, denigrate another member of the site. Well, at least you admit you've made a fool of yourself... progress never comes fast!

I took a look at my old posts and, boy, you're right! I was awful mean to that poor Ron Bizzle guy back in 2006 for the way he was behaving towards you! BTW, I didn't dredge up this post, I just noticed the reply you made and wanted to see if you were using your role as moderator to, once again, denigrate another member of the site. Well, at least you admit you've made a fool of yourself... progress never comes fast!

Right, so when will you admit that you're a fool too? And as for denigrating another member, I think I've shown wonderful restraint in not really saying anything about you.

oh boy, this is rich business indeed.

so let me get this straight- a highly-placed member of the VP scene has declared that due to the simple fact of another long-time member's presence, he is so utterly agitated and offended that he is now threatening to take his highly-regarded personship and leave the community that he regards so... highly. good gosh, what are we to do?!?

well, hey john, one thing that always mystified me about you is how you could have so many years of experience in the field and so much smooth writing skill and yet be so utterly sensitive and childish upon the tiniest of concerns. i mean, as a person with a certain media presence, haven't you ever run your own actions through the media-processing portion of your brain, for better or worse. and if so, what were the conclusions at the time. sterling marks for posterity, one would hope? :D

it's enough to make a blighter take a second gasp, which is probably hebrew to you, but WE...

Got a question for all of you who have been replying to this SIX YEAR OLD thread. Have any of you read it again from the beginning? Just wondering.

Replying now or 6 years ago?

I have to believe 'Oz was reiterating policy. I don't know how many threads were closed and re-opened, and I don't know if content was a factor. If it was, then your response is understandable. Personally, I don't think there is anything here to be ashamed of. You left, you gave notice you were leaving, and you came back after some years. I for one am fine, even happy with that.

The thinking is probably that the tagging of inactive or whatever the action was not based on policy, and even went against policy.

Replying now or 6 years ago?

I have to believe 'Oz was reiterating policy. I don't know how many threads were closed and re-opened, and I don't know if content was a factor. If it was, then your response is understandable. Personally, I don't think there is anything here to be ashamed of. You left, you gave notice you were leaving, and you came back after some years. I for one am fine, even happy with that.

The thinking is probably that the tagging of inactive or whatever the action was not based on policy, and even went against policy.

Thanks for the most rational post in the entire thread. Since I started the "tiltjlp Spouts Off" section, with Jon's permission, all those years ago, and I was the only one who was supposed to start threads in the section, any rules that would apply would be rules I myself made. When I returned and decided to make some of the threads viewable again, and again with Jon's permission, I simply didn't see the value of reopening negative and bitter threads that were at a minimum, six years old. It doesn't make me look foolish, I don't think, because I'm not the same person I was back in 2006.

Got a question for all of you who have been replying to this SIX YEAR OLD thread. Have any of you read it again from the beginning? Just wondering.

Ooooh, I did! Here's my answer; six years ago you wrote an overly melodramatic post about how you were leaving forever because Bizzle was acting like a cretin (ironically, I remember feeling really bad for you after his inexcusable behavior). Some six years later, you came back and almost immediately started acting like an ass by posting a thread calling for all members to put Shocky on "ignore". I wrote a post stating that you were abusing your position of moderator by doing that... and the site's owner agreed with me. After that, I did my best to ignore you because... well, you're a self-inflated ass.
Then you posted a rather nasty response in this thread because Steve Oz, who, mind you, has been more or less single-handedly moderating this site for the last six years while you were off... what, writing crank letters to the newspaper? Yelling at kids to get off your lawn and keeping their soccer balls?... told you that we don't close threads here. I made a suggestion that, if you were ashamed of your posts, maybe you should be more careful about what you write. And then you acted like an ass some more.
There! I do believe we're all caught up! :D

SteveOz has been doing a great and thankless job.
I say everybody, hat's off to that.

Ooooh, I did! Here's my answer; six years ago you wrote an overly melodramatic post about how you were leaving forever because Bizzle was acting like a cretin (ironically, I remember feeling really bad for you after his inexcusable behavior). Some six years later, you came back and almost immediately started acting like an ass by posting a thread calling for all members to put Shocky on "ignore". I wrote a post stating that you were abusing your position of moderator by doing that... and the site's owner agreed with me. After that, I did my best to ignore you because... well, you're a self-inflated ass.
Then you posted a rather nasty response in this thread because Steve Oz, who, mind you, has been more or less single-handedly moderating this site for the last six years while you were off... what, writing crank letters to the newspaper? Yelling at kids to get off your lawn and keeping their soccer balls?... told you that we don't close threads here. I made a suggestion that, if you were ashamed of your posts, maybe you should be more careful about what you write. And then you acted like an ass some more.
There! I do believe we're all caught up! :D

If this forum is truly the last strong hold for freedom of speech, why don't I have the right to post whatever, whenever, and whereever? Or does my being the co-founder of the forum, and an administrator mean I have to give up that right? Shickman can post variations of the same tired rant for years and is applauded. I post my opinion and I'm bashed. Seems like a double standard to me.

There is a distinct difference between double standard and higher standard that you fail to grasp. You are free to use your power as moderator to attack other members and other moderators. No one stopped you, no one deleted your posts or locked your threads. What you fail to do is take a moment and ask yourself "should I be doing this in my role as moderator and co-founder?" Is Shocky a moderator and/or co-founder who is abusing his role? No, he is not. Maybe before you post, you should keep WWSD in mind... What Would SteveOz Do?

SteveOz has been doing a great and thankless job.
I say everybody, hat's off to that.

I couldn't agree more. I think what John has mistaken as some bizarre plot on my part to make him look bad actually started as a response to something that myself or you or other members of this site who haven't taken six-year vacations hold dear to our hearts... you don't screw with SteveOz! He's the tireless, steady hand on the rudder of this site, and performs the task without rocking the boat. I don't think he's missed any time except for when his bike tried to murder him... and now, because I assume he's taken a mourning period after that whole British Open/Adam Scott thing (Aussies just shouldn't play golf!)
And you're right John... as with you, I have been foolish in the past and will be in the future. But I can guarantee you this, nothing I have said in this thread fits that description. I'll be able to read this a year from now and know that I was on the side of the angels. I doubt that you will be able to say the same.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back