Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Smackx said:
These are all great tables. I love Tutenkham the best. I just wish this had the latest fizx and dof support.
You know, I hadn't noticed before that Steve Paradis / Polygame had created a whole suite of arcade tributes. To me, not only do they look amazing, but they add animations & sequences from the original games! :-D

So as a download manager, I figured I'd tag all those as "arcade tributes." Then I spent some time looking for other pinball tables that simulated classic arcade games in that specific way. So far I've found 16 in all.

Check 'em out >here<.

Did I miss any? Probably.
Feel free to mention others that belong in that collection.

EDIT: To be clear, of course there are many more pins which are: 1) themed to an arcade game, and of course then there are: 2) flipperless games that directly simulate arcade games. But I'm thinking these here are: 3) hybrids, essentially, which add animations & sequences right from the arcade games to partially re-create them in pinball form.

Make sense? Oh well, lol..

Attachments

• Bubble Bobble.jpeg
    Bubble Bobble.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Reactor_Robbway.jpg
    Reactor_Robbway.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 15
  • RetroFlair.crop.jpg
    RetroFlair.crop.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Space Invaders.jpg
    Space Invaders.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Tempest.jpg
    Tempest.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Warlock.jpg
    Warlock.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ahem...

* edited The Gyruss listing to include the original release thread here...

Last edited:
Polygame's other Tribute to the 80s games.

Astrohits

Frogster

Astroblast

Polygame's other Tribute to the 80s games.

Astrohits

Frogster

Astroblast
First two are in the list, for a current total of seven from him. I did see Astroblast, but am unfamiliar with which arcade machine that refers to. It's also marked as an original, rather than "Tribute To," unlike the seven.

Also, he listed the seven various times, and didn't include Astroblast in any of those lists.
What think?

@StevOz,
Okay, I edited the final paragraph to hopefully be more clear.

I see yours as being arcade-themed, as in class one, above.
How about we add a separate tag for those...?
There are at least a couple dozen tables in that class, I should think.

yah, my bad. I didn't read the post clearly.... just went by the pics :)

You know, I hadn't noticed before that Steve / Polygame had created a whole suite of arcade tributes.
Not only do they look amazing, but they add animations & sequences from the original games! :-D

So as a download manager, I figured I'd tag all those as "arcade tributes," then spent some time looking for other pinball tables that simulated classic arcade games. So far I've found 16 in all.

Check 'em out >here<.

Did I miss any? Probably.
Feel free to mention others that belong in that collection.

EDIT: To be clear, there are many more pins which are: 1) themed to an arcade game, and of course then there are: 2) flipperless games that directly simulate arcade games. But I'm thinking these here are: 3) hybrids, essentially, which add animations & sequences right from the arcade games to partially re-create them in pinball form.

Make sense? Oh well, lol..

You can add my Black Tiger Pinball table to the list.
It is based on Capcom's hit arcade game Black Tiger released in 1987. (Known as Black Dragon in Japan!)
All sounds and music added to this table were dumped from the actual arcade rom.

Last edited:
@xenonph,
That table looks & sounds absolutely amazing, and it makes me feel pretty stoopid indeed for not checking out more of your work, before. :s

Black Tiger pinball (the original of which I don't remember at *all* from the arcades, altho I missed a lot of games during college) is one which kinda feels like a mid-to-late 80's Williams layout style. True / not true?

(also, pardon my asking, but is Dan no longer with us?)

Charles & @StevOz ,
I'm going to leave it up to you guys if you want to tag your own tables as a part of this little project. I've tried my best to explain exactly what I'm aiming for via the particular tag in the OP, and I most certainly am not here to gatekeep, especially amongst friends.

That said, I'm a big fan of classic 8-bit & arcade games, and love the idea of bringing more attention to such games in the world of VP & FP. What think, mateys?

Actually, lol...
there's a distinct table in which in I did some mods, long ago.
THEORETICALLY bringing it in to the class of Polygame's ingenius pinball-arcade hybrids. I.e. these:

I GUESS maybe the table was maybe 'good for its time,' but frankly 'sucked,' even by VP8 standards.
My point is-- it wasn't close to to what Polygame accomplished here, which is why I don't believe it makes sense to include it, either.

For the record, the ancient mod I did was "Breakout II," based on @Proginoskes old idea.
Me? I changed the flippers to paddles, altered the game ball to go through the "color shield," changed up some physics, and reworked some of the gameflow. Yet it was STILL a pretty terrible game, and *not* indicative of what Polygame has accomplished here, IMO, no way.

Anyway, here's my personal disaster:
(Please don't get caught up in variations upon the arcade & 2600 versions. Such distinctions barely matter, in fact)

Attachments

• Breakout2.jpg
    Breakout2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 5
Blending two passions into one single game... love it!

I found that the Warlord, Tempexx tables and Multipede had a lot of stuttering. Made them impossible to play.

Enjoyed so much Space Invaders, Cool Position, Arcade Mayhem, Astro Hits and Frogster, but it would be so nice if the physics could be updated. But I guess that's not gonna happen.

Liked so much Tutenkahm and Bubble Bobble. 10/10!

All in all, they are letting me have a great time.

@telmoabff, I don't know if this helps, but on my horse-&-buggy system, I found that:

@telmoabff, I don't know if this helps, but on my horse-&-buggy system, I found that:

Gonna try those in the next few days. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Heard a different Aaron Neville song earlier, saw him in New Orleans...
      Reactions: xenonph
      Back