Shhh, don't disturb the quiet

Whew! Thanks, Pac! Read away if you feel like it. I'm honored that you have it. It's unfinished. I just didn't want it flying around the web any more. I will continue to build on it until it arrives at a better and more understandable conclusion. Lots more to go...

i completely understand your reasoning PD, and if i agree with it or not, is not the issue.

it is that it was spilling into multiple threads, much like cowboy.

one time is enough for most to get it, twice is really sufficient, but dozens is just plain wrong.

this is the reason for moderators, to call a halt to an arguement that is going nowhere, it isn't to declare a winner.

sometimes i will say what i have to say and beyond that i won't post,
no reason to drag things out forever, let alone all over the board.

sometimes, someone just has to be the bigger man or woman.

this is my point about right and wrong.

it's not who's right or wrong, but what's right or wrong.

Hey Da Prez, the reason you find this thread acceptable is because everyone who has posted in it so far, except for you and TMFP, are all VPFF buddies :) We know how to bitch at each other and then move on to something else. The problem arises when the VPFF haters :) sneak up on us and try to preach to the congregation from some higher and self-righteous ground. The only difference between the 2 groups is that we know and admit to being assholes :)

da_prez said:
the cowboy thing at VPF, wasn't so much the content of his post,
it was that he chose once again to do what nic was saying had to stop, in the same thread nic said it in. but me and stevoz made the call, and if you have to blame someone, blame me.

and the tilt thing was just because tilt straight up attacked cowboy.

it doesn't matter if cowboy and tilt were both right, or if PD is,
what matters is that kind of thing is bad for the forum.

Hey da prez, it's no big deal. But Cowboy wasn't right from the start, and all I tried to do was use humor to insult him. And what I wrote was basically true. I guess what griped me at the time was that I had edited that post 3 or 4 times, making it a lot tamer and friendlier than I had originally planned. If I had known I was still going to get a D/A I would have relly gotten my money's worth.

Now if only Rodgz would be able to return, we'd have just about all the decent folks from VPFF, without the few jerks who muddied things up. The few jerks we've had here saw that we really didn't give a damn about what they said and eventually left on their own. I guess being a trouble maker who gets ignored isn't much fun.

John

tilt, like you, i wish you had made it worth your effort or penalty as the case may be,
but the fact remains it was an attack and we acted accordingly.

you know i have i no issue with you, and we have exchanged words at shva's,
but we have also agreed on many things, so i know, that you know it wasn't personal.

that is my entire point.

and if that drives away the so called VPF regulars i can't imagine what else there is to do .....

and @ bob i remember hearing of VPFF, but i never visited nor signed up,
i guess it was my loss, cause like you i love a good fight,
but like i said at VPF, i am in this for the good of the forum (VPF)
and i hope everyone who reads this feels the same way.
if not then there won't be much to do over there from here on out,
well, i mean until TMFP kicks me off staff,
cause as you know old wounds are not my forte, it is the here and now.

tiltjlp said:
Recetly vpf has calmed down, so much so that Yogi started a thread over there, in the hopes of enlivening things a bit. Some folks blamed the quiet on a lack of table releases, or that school had started up again. Others blamed real life, cooler weather, all sorts of things.

Well, I doubt any of those factors are the reason vpf has become down right boring. There can only be two possibilities, as I see it. Either we have all become boring all at once, which is unlikely, or the vpf staff has done too good a job. It seems to me that they have tightened the enforcement of rules so much so that everyone has stopped posting anything personally directed at anyone else that isn't 100% user friendly.

Sure, sometimes things do get out of control, and hands need to be slapped, even D/As have to be handed out. I'm not saying that the rules shouldn't be enforced, although I don't agree with AJ's decision that they don't HAVE to be applied equally. What I am saying is that maybe the vpf staff needs to lighten up, and not be so worried that every personal comment will start a flame war or argument or debate. To a degree, all of those things help add some spice and character to vpf.

I'm not raising hell, as I've been accused of, I'm simply thinking out loud. Do you agree that vpf has become boring the past few weeks? What can be done to liven things up again at vpf? Do you think the rules are enforced a bit too much, or is everything fine and dandy? Now before you suggest that I don't have a right to say these sorts of things about vpf, I ask why not? I'm a member of vpf, which is our main VP site. I also have recently gotten a D/A, but even worse, I think, is that I was asked to edit a post of mine after one vpf staffer had cautioned me about it, but didn't ask me to edit it. So what do you think?

John

Apologies for the bumping of this old post, but at least you cant accuse VPF of being boring at the moment.

When everyone agrees with each other, it is boring though. Another lull is due soon.

No problem dredging up an old post now and then. And I agree that vpf is a bit more interesting lately. Persoanlly I don't have problems with most any debate or discussion, but extended attacks filled with hate and profanity isn't entertaining in any way. Although I sometimes fail miserably, I try not o take anything said to or about me on the Internet personal. I do feel that the Rants thread is a good example of a bad thread gone worse.

They're just words from people you have never met, will never meet, typed 1000+ miles away.

Cant get on with everyone. :)

Talking of 1000 - did you notice your 1000th member? ;)

Cobracure said:
They're just words from people you have never met, will never meet, typed 1000+ miles away.

Cant get on with everyone. :)

Talking of 1000 - did you notice your 1000th member? ;)

No I didn't until 1001. the odd thing is that according the the Member List we only have 995. Wonder where the foul up is?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back