Shockman's Bowling Machine

Thanks guys.
StevOz, yeah, thats what I used I just covered it with a strip of wood, I remember nailing it on. I took it off to show you.
Do you like it better this way? Just remove the front edge on the next version.

Progress,

A new shot. Inbetween a weak shot (just outside the Strikes range, a shot that will usually leave just one pin (7 or 10)) and a washout (Just missing the head pin). This shot often leaves a row of 2/4/7 on the left and 3/6/10 on the right, often leavind the adjoining pin in back, just as it does on 'Shockman's Bowling Machine'. I was thinking of calling it 'Bizzle Bowl'. This shot used the same space as a high angle pocket hit on either side but that trigger does nothing unless hit from that high angle. If not hit from a high angle this new shot, which I call the 'Miss' will go down.

PS Don't let me forget to line up the dots on the lane.

Does it look era? I tried for a early modern design, kinda like the empire state building, more round, though not deco. Who am I trying to kid. It's art deco, do you like it anyway?

Attachments

• show.jpg
    show.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 782
Wow, that last SS brings back the memories. Back in the mid 60s and early 70s one of the bowling joints I hung around had one of these and also a puck bowler, and after 6 months took out the puck bowler and added a 2nd ball bowler, as we called them. Bizzle Bowler has a nice ring to it.

John

For scoring, check out the routine for Buddy Bowling - scoring is accurate for that. If it helps, feel free to use it.

Actually I think I have the scoring correct, just have to make sure it's put in the right spot. There may be a problem with spares added to a strike run, but I think I got those, just have to tity up the last 10th frame, as the scores display at other places there. Thanks Destruk, but I am not a good scriptor. Seldom can I look at a script and follow it. I can do it myself, in a way, well that way is if/then, I believe with enough if/ then statements you can program a simulation of life, the universe, and everything.

Progress,
Game Over/Restart (Working)
Active ball related crashes (gone)

New quirk,
Aiming moves the ball, I don't want it to, I'll fix that next, as well as 4 player and spares. I'd forget about aiming in this version, and place and steer the ball, till Aiming is working right.

Game don't end well with a spare yet.

Spares are not going to be hard, just a few routines for cleaning up the limited leaves.

Then some randomness, dressing, and 1.0

Attachments

• wip11.zip
    874.3 KB · Views: 223
This is coming along fantastic so far... Something is defintely wrong with the scoring though... I just scored 312 which of course can't happen... Especially with at least 2 "open" frames.

Hea Shock!!! It's looking Great man! Can't wait until all the fine tuneing is done! :) I think a name like Shockman Bowling has a better ring to it!

I couldn't expect my name on something Shock has work his butt-off on.

How about Shockizzle Bowling?! :D

Beautiful Machine! I never dreamed it would become anything like this!

Wow, if I wasnt in this thread and saw that I would swear it was a real bowling lane! Cant beleive how good that looks!

Hea Shock.....Do you think you might be able to dig up WAV file of real bowling pins being knocked down?

(what was that wizzing sound, as I'm ducking) Oh no, it's the hammer again!!! :)

Spare marks screw up the scoring big time. not only is the math wrong, but the strike count goes on as well. I'll Fix that next, though it may be a while. After 11 days and some hours in the hospital, I was sure there would be rumors of my death about.

Pneumothorax. But I'll write more about that when I feel better.

Sorry to hear about the time in the hospital. Hope you're mending well. I figured you were out fishing, which I'm sure you would have rather been. I have an idea that just like VP doesn't like too many active balls, that somehow it has a similar problem keeping track of scores in the way bowling games need it to. There were all sorts of fits with Buddy Bowling. Take care of yourself, we can wait for the game.

John

Thanks tiltjlp. I wish I was fishing all this time, yes, however the rivers are almost at flood stage here and the winter run of steelhead is due.
The hospital stay was a trip. I could not relax my mind the whole time which made sleeping very strange, not nightmares, but two worlds, hard to explain.

A Pneumothorax reads like a lung collapse due to air buildup, which it is, but feels more like being stabbed in the side of the chest into the lung. Its like that but without the stab wound. The cure indeed does include the stab wound.
Normal 4 day stay took 11 days due to a paradoxal reaction to a med. Smoking contributed too, I'm sure. Most of the stay however, after the operation, the pain was under control, for the most part, thanks to a machine that would give me one mg. of morphine whenever I pushed a button, but only once every 10 minutes.
Even with the pain under control, it was not until the 9th. day that I thought they could pull me through, there was no real basis for this dilution, but there was reason for it, at least in my mind.

I looked at the code for the bowling game today and the scoreing is so wack, after switching to 4 frame display. I think now it would have been better to have a routine that would calc the score instead of the realtime scoring I went with. I'll sort it though. I've done a bit today in that area.

I missed you guys. It's very understandable that you did not miss me, with the holidays, and my love of fishing this time of the year.

One thing I would like to point out is the line in the score display on the 10th frame that is not there in the rest of the frames, even if they are in that spot. This is a text box the hight and width of the line used as a graphic by making it transparent background to not show and not to show. I have not seen this done before and it could be usefull for simple animated graphics on the background.

Attachments

• wip13.jpg
    wip13.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 500
The score display looks wonderful, and thanks for both the size and the font color. But I think you're wrong about not being missed Shockman. I sure noticed you were gone, and while I wondered about the games progress, I also hoped that you were doing OK. People will always be more important than pinball games, even it only slightly more so. Take care, and don't overdo things. We can wait as long as we have to for your fantastic bowler.

John

Shockman said:
Spare marks screw up the scoring big time. not only is the math wrong, but the strike count goes on as well. I'll Fix that next, though it may be a while. After 11 days and some hours in the hospital, I was sure there would be rumors of my death about.

Pneumothorax. But I'll write more about that when I feel better.

Oh my god!!! So sorry to hear you were in the hospital Shock. I was wondering where in the heck you been as I haven't gotten any PM or seen any new messages from you in a while. I hope your doing better now.

I talked to your son, Ron, last night and today. Last night was a bad connection and today was just after you stepped out, I guess to go to you son's house.

Shockman said:
I talked to your son, Ron, last night and today. Last night was a bad connection and today was just after you stepped out, I guess to go to you son's house.

You talked to MY son?! On the landline?!

I haven't been away from the house. I don't see how I could have missed your call. hummmmmmm

Ok. I called, and a young boy answered and when I asked for Ron he went away and came back and said you were gone. It was your home phone. You are not posting from there now are you?

Let's try the chat room next time we meet up here at tha same time.

rpbizzle47 said:
I guess we'll need to create a chat room huh Shock?!

There is a link to our underused chat room on the left side menu Ron.

John

I can't get one to work. Seems it always thinks another user with my name and IP is in there already, or sometimes nothing comes up at all. Probably just me though, I have not done more that 5 minutes of chat in a net chat room in all my life.

Hey that looks really authentic Shockman...please continue on your course to excellence...One question is this for VP or FP? Thanks!:)

It's VP. I doubt if it could be made in FP given FP's linited flexibility.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back