WIP Sonic Pinball Mania

If you don't work in marketing you're bypassing a wonderful career :D

I still love that tune to this day.

OK.... "one" last feature to add.... Sonic Ball

I can't believe I almost forgot to add this! It's the one thing most people ask about when it comes to Sonic Pinball. A Sonic ball!

I added the Sonic texture, but also added bump maps which make it look really nice with FP's dynamic lighting. I also added a yellow Super Sonic ball as well for Super Sonic mode.

Looks real neat with the Invincibility effect, and the Shield, and the Sonic Shoes trail.

This is an "option" that can be toggled with Magna Save buttons (you need to wait for a new ball to be created for it to take effect)... or you can enable it in script options.

Locking everything down.... testing.... cleaning things up... getting REAL close guys.

View attachment SPM - Sonic Ball.mp4

Cool. How did you make the balls look so bright? Miownkhan's custom balls that had faces on them always looks a little dark or washed out. It doesn't seem that bump maps would make the ball brighter but maybe it does.

Cool. How did you make the balls look so bright? Miownkhan's custom balls that had faces on them always looks a little dark or washed out. It doesn't seem that bump maps would make the ball brighter but maybe it does.

BAM Ball brightness being locked and changing the brightness.

I also brightened and increased saturation of the texture image for super sonic in particular

I found I had to use this with its own custom ball. If I tried to adjust the 452 texture of the normal ball (to be used with texture swapping originally)... it would also brighten the playfield image (because the pf image is used for reflections on the ball).

Using it with a custom ball made it much nicer looking... and was also needed to allow bump mapping to work correctly

Sonic Pinball Mania - Final 1.png

Last edited:
The ball textures seem to have also an insane amount of detail even though it'll be the least seen due to constant and usually fast movement.
I'm not really surprised since I know it is you doing this but still... wow.

I actually cleaned them up a bit and removed the hands so its now just a sonic "head". It looks better (the hands kept bothering me)

I don't understand.
Instead of trying to just swap a texture on the ball (like with pup plug-in), I used a custom ball with the Sonic Texture applied to that.

1645873028736.png

Last edited:
Instead of trying to just swap a texture on the ball (like with pup plug-in), I used a custom ball with the Sonic Texture applied to that.

Interesting. I probably wouldn't have even thought of using texture swap. Switching balls is not too hard to do though.

Amazing video showcase of new features, all Game Modes, and Super Sonic!

This new 4K 60fps video really showcases this table's stunning visuals, lighting, ray cast shadows, detailed models, and EPIC all new gameplay and modes.

You really have to watch the whole video to believe it!

Enjoy this video while I'm in the final stages of creating rulesheets, install instructions, pov CFG files, etc and packaging everything together.

Please remember this is NOT a PinEvent version (DOF, SSF, PUP). That will come at a later time.

BAM Update:

This table REQUIRES the new BAM update 1.5-345 that was just released! You can get that here:

Backup your entire BAM folder, then install the new BAM update (extract files from zip and copy into BAM folder, overwrite all files). Then copy these 3 files:

BAM.cfg
Reality.dat
Default.cfg

from your backup BAM folder into the BAM folder, and overwrite them (these are your BAM settings from before).

Set FPLoader.exe in BAM folder to Win 8 compatibility (needed for many people as a result of recent Windows updates)

Install all Visual C++ updates (and reboot):

https://www.techpowerup.com/.../visual-c-redistributable.../

Hang tight... it's almost here!

Last edited:
Looks cool. When the Super Sonic mode starts, the voice says "Get a load of this" each time the attack mode starts. It seems like you should alternate it with some some other quote.

Looks cool. When the Super Sonic mode starts, the voice says "Get a load of this" each time the attack mode starts. It seems like you should alternate it with some some other quote.

This is intentional. It's similar to the battle in Sonic Adventure where he keeps saying "Get a Load of this!" over and over and over again. It's become a MEME at this point and something Sonic fans will instantly relate to.

Last edited:
So my youngest said "I challenge you on this table" after seeing the video. The little brat... challenge accepted of course :D

It's game on and it is not even out yet! I foresee fun times ahead but if I end up losing, I blame you @TerryRed :p

It's one player only.... just giving a heads up :)

We play full game alternate, no worries. There was a challenge, it must be answered :)

Sonic Pinball Mania

NOW AVAILABLE!

What can I say, except that it's finally here! PLEASE read ALL the instructions that are included with the table zip, as it will answer your questions and provide everything you need!

Enjoy everyone!

spm-room-2-jpg.23941

Table and the SSF PuP-Pack can be download here:

Last edited:
I really appreciate you releasing the table I really do. But I have to say, you really have bad timing. I can remotely download it to my PC but i'm unable to play it meaning the kids will have a head start. I have a challenge to win, you knew it... not cool :p :D

Just to make it really clear, i'm joking. It is true that I can't play it until tomorrow (most likely) though :(

@TerryRed
I just played Sonic in desktop mode and vr !
Wow 😯!!!
Absolutely amazing stuff !!

In vr for some reason the oculus quest2 jitter resolved itself after a few minutes this time ( not sure it will stay fixed) but I was able to play in vr for a good period of time !!

The table is wonderful in vr as you can look around the room and enjoy the textured models and you have a better perspective on the table itself
and the animated characters just pop !
A couple observations:
1. In vr tails airplane flies thru the table side rails I think
2. There is a custom ball that is cloudy and sl larger and floaty .
Is that intentional ?

Thanks for the truly innovative masterpiece and such a gift to the community !

Cheers Bob

I havent tried in VR yet....

Tails may come close to hitting side rails, or hit them at a different time. Would have been more noticeable if I was able to play in vr though (still recovering). More likely in Tails is Tripping to keep him low enough to be seen in desktop view.

The "shield" power up will create a shield around the ball and slow down time to 75% for 20 secs. This can only show on one ball at a time. Its a toy ball model slightly larger than the ball size and tracked to the ball. Same thing done for invincible. I have this toy pop up when used, then hide far below the table. If I don't.... it always shows around the ball...even with a invisible texture.

Be sure FP is closed completely "every" time when exiting / crashing, as you will see things like that model around the ball when you aren't supposed. to.

Sonic Pinball Mania - PinEvent V2 (Future Pinball - BAM)

PinEvent V2 - PUPDMD update full gameplay demo

Coming Soon!

After months of work, my EPIC new PinEvent V2 update for Sonic Pinball Mania (for Future Pinball - BAM) is upon us! It has a dazzling new PuP-Pack and PUP DMD display with slick animated videos, crisp fonts with drop shadows, and a beautiful HUD that displays everything you need to know about your game in real-time.

The 1.2 table update has also received many fixes, changes, and some EPIC new Sonic music that will please many fans!

This is also the first table to receive my all-new PinEvent V2 update, which has new features, simpler settings, and automated checks and control for DOF, PUP SSF, and PUP DMD features. This will allow the table to work for "everyone" without "requiring" extra vbs files to run, while also allowing easy to apply global settings or custom settings for each table for ALL setups.

1.2 Table update, PuP-Pack, and PinEvent V2 Guide and files will be available VERY SOON!

1.2 - PinEvent V2 update is now available!

- added PinEvent V2 support for PUPDMD, PUPStream, and a new pup-pack with videos / text / overlays / backglass
- added lots of new music - new songs played with each new ball, and after each mode is completed
- small changes to playfield art
- various fixes and tweaks, relocated top most kicker to make the shot a bit easier
- fixed Mania Mode blinking (no longer blinks when lock is lit, etc)

EVERYONE using PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD) MUST read the new install instructions included in the table's zip file!

1.3 update

- added option to disable the Shield's SlowMotion (the slow motion made the game unplayable for some users - 5 fps, etc)
- updated Install Instructions
- added new info relevant to the new version of Baller Installer

Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.4 - FizX update! Now Available!

The highly anticipated first PinEvent V2 table to use the new FizX physics system for FP is here! The days of FP's old physics are gone!

=====================

FizX

This table has been fully updated with FizX for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. The old Future Pinball physics are GONE! FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball.

You will be amazed at the difference!

=====================

FizX Profiles and settings

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script. Some use a higher FPS for the physics (this requires a fast PC), others use stronger flippers!
You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

Read the Install Instructions for more information.

=====================

Changelog (v1.4)

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added plastics reflective layer
- added new GI shadows layer
- added second stage flippers option
- added speed booster to right wireramp to ensure ball completes loop if hitting bots
- fixed Ball Saver not activating when launching a new ball (you can now adjust the time in TABLE OPTIONS)

=====================

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

=====================

I really hope you guys enjoy this major change with FP tables and how much better they can play now. I invite everyone who has never played FP before to give this a try. Many "VPX-only" testers have installed (or re-installed) FP just to try this, and they have been amazed at the difference. I think you will be too!

=====================

You can get Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX) here:

1660732464638.png

WOW plays great .... SuperB TerryRed...Thank you for this fantastic Sonic Table

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back