Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984)

Williams SS Recreation BAM FP Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984) 2022-01-17

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
these errors George :salut:
I've probably made a mistake wouldn't be the first and doubt it'll be the last :lol:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 199.jpg
    ScreenHunter 199.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 47
  • ScreenHunter 200.jpg
    ScreenHunter 200.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 50
  • ScreenHunter 201.jpg
    ScreenHunter 201.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 55
I've probably made a mistake wouldn't be the first and doubt it'll be the last :lol:
Hi fourbanks,

did you copied the Library files from the Space Shuttle folders to the Future Pinball Library folder ?
If not, do it and the Table will be play fine.

Jens

Jens is right. Those are the library files that need to be saved here:

C:\Games\Future Pinball\Libraries

You might want to read my guide for basic set up if you don't have a cabinet:

You need to install BAM also if you haven't already (there is a link in the guide for that).

Hi fourbanks,

did you copied the Library files from the Space Shuttle folders to the Future Pinball Library folder ?

Jens
no, i didn't Jens I'm a fool :lol: many thanks for reminding me

Copy, and not just move?

So then, FPL files should sit in the same folder as the table, but also in the "Libraries" folder?

Copy, and not just move?

So then, FPL files should sit in the same folder as the table, but also in the "Libraries" folder?
FP will work with the library files in either the same folder as the table or in the Libraries folder but you don't have to do both. I remember one guy saved every table to its own folder and added the library files to it because he wanted everything in one spot. I might have done it that way myself when I started playing FP but it is too late now because the folder has hundreds of files and no clue what most of them go to.

GeorgeH updated Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984) with a new update entry:

One of the guys noticed a problem on Version 1.2. The ball on this table was not visible though the windows on the plastics for the ball locks although the playfield was visible through them. I hadn't noticed it before and have to say it is one of the oddest things I have seen on FP. I found the problem was Tomasaco's custom models for the plastics. I fixed them by replacing Tomasaco's models of the two plastics with standard surfaces. I managed to make the standard surfaces look like...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GeorgeH updated Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984) with a new update entry:

I made a few minor changes. The Bounce Control menu used the wrong screen on version 1.3 so I changed it. Popotte uses an AZERTY keyboard. When he pressed A to change the balls per game with the keyboard, he would open the BAM menu at the same time. BAM defaults to using Q to open the menu. On an AZERTY keyboard, the Q translates to A for some reason. So I changed the keyboard code to E to change the balls per game. I also made some minor changes on the rotated display version.

In case you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i'm french too. I have AZERTY keyboard, and i don't have any problem. it's not a table problem. it's just FP config. like all game

The ancient code was
' Balls Per Game Mod Start (Insert below line "Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)")
If Keycode = 30 and fpGameInPlay = FALSE then ' Press A
Keycode = 30 for AZERTY keyboard is "Q" (VP and keycodes.vpt) and "Q" is to open BAM menu.
All with default settings.
So, if you can change the balls number with the "A" key, it's great for you but explain me...

i'm french too. I have AZERTY keyboard, and i don't have any problem. it's not a table problem. it's just FP config. like all game
I am also interested in how you are able to configure FP to use your AZERTY keyboard.

euuuuh.. man, just redifine your keys in Future Pinball option and BAM menu option.
change Q for A or A for Q in Future Pinball Option ans BAM keys Option.
So to have "physically" the same disposition key ( Q for QWERTY and A for Azerty for opening BAM menu ), just change key binding in BAM menu .. It's the same "issue" like lot of game, mainly fps... Whats important is the disposition of the key used, not what it wrote on this key ( A, Q or any other letter ).
Then you will get A key for bam menu, and Q ( which is A in QWERTY ) for ball... So there is no problem.. just a configuration

You may change easily your AZERTY keyboard for a QWERTY, but you have to know where are the key (A =Q, ...).
And I have a "special" french keyboard in order to have easily strange caracter as œ, or french quotation mark (“ not "), ‰, ±, ...

You may change easily your AZERTY keyboard for a QWERTY, but you have to know where are the key (A =Q, ...).
No need to change keyboard.. Just copy the FP QWERTY layout to AZERTY... In a game, you need to think in a postion key ( so the position key = keycode ), not on a letter. It' like that, it's like that for lot of game. Some game translate keycode to local language, other not...

When in an FPS keys are W,A,S,D, but it not corresponding to you, it's not due to key code... It's due to your os which not translate the same letter.. .So you don't change the keycode in game, you just rebind your key to have the same finger placement.. Wich is Z,Q,S,D... wich are the same Keycode for the game...

So what @GeorgeH made is not a problem.. The problem is a final user problem. And if you have a special keyboard, Georges can't take account of each special configuration that could exist.

Maybe what needed is a "Default Future Pinball Layout" in Resource to show to all what are the default key disposition no matter the keycode translation

As always for your "mod" a masterful job, @GeorgeH

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back