vp forums hacked!!

lupo51ca

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
I just tried to get in and it's been hacked like this site was a few weeks ago.

Hello everyone.
I'm sleepy and this is my first post at pinballnirvana.
I just want to say that TiT obviously cannot read or comprehend vpforums
or pinballnirvana, otherwise the tit would know better.
Perhaps TiT is only a frustrated newbie attempting to install Visual Pinball/VPinMAME
for the first time and, owing to severe anguish at his failure to accomplish the task,
has taken it upon himself to demonstrate to the world that he is in fact intellegent
enough to destroy an online forum while hiding behind the prophet Mohammed(sp?)
out of embarassment and his personal humiliation at his inability to install Visual Pinball/VPinMAME.

I hope AJ is around too...

So it seems, hopefully AJ can restore the site and has the wisdom to update the site software as was done here by Jon after the latest attack on this site.

Yep, site is hacked
Funny enough, I can get to the admin control panel, but nothing else
I have e-mailed AJ

let us hope it come back soon

Hmm, maybe AJ should have upgraded the forum several years ago when he had the chance. You can only patch a 6 year version so much, if he did that is.

Sounds like the mySQL injection flaw, or he got in through the portal, which is Nuke based, like what happened here. VB is pretty damn secure, even if he didn't keep up with the patches.

Hate hackers...

Re: RE: vp forums hacked!!

TheManFromPOST said:
Yep, site is hacked
Funny enough, I can get to the admin control panel, but nothing else
I have e-mailed AJ

let us hope it come back soon

tmfp : check your pm's :)

hiscores

RE: Re: RE: vp forums hacked!!

Yes, it'a a real shitter alright. What was the point?

BTW. Great link there StevOz :)

That sucks guys, I hope it comes back up soon and that AJ will get word of this quickly.

I don't really know why I bother to click on any threads here at Shockey Central....

-----------------------------
Ban Shockey!!!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: vp forums hacked!!

Shockman said:
Needless to say I hope that it gets back up real soon. I would love to see that happen just before the next (I almost called it an attack but if it is then you banning my IP after saying that I could post as long as I did not torment the satff about the past, and I did not even mention it) time they 'post'.

Fuck Peter, don't come here crying about it. Go to VPF and cry about it. Oh you can't, you are all banned. How do you like it? It's no more dishonest that what you did to me, what they did to you, you know, of course you do. So, how DO you like it?

I can see how you like it. You go to any site you can that has the same people and you rant about it. Fuck. Let it go. The site was hacked. don't dweal on it. get help. don't try to fix it, you might try too hard, and we will get tired of hearing about it.

Lock this fucking thread 'nuts, or move it to the junk yard, it's just a bunch of trolls crying about something that happened at another site.

This thread about about VPF getting hacked Shock, not another opportunity for you to rant again about what happened to you and to bug TMFP because he happens to a staff member at VPF and god knows you like to take every opportunity to torment any part of the staff there who posts here. So if the thread gets moved to the junkyard, you can blame yourself for it.

You must be pretty blind Shock, us not getting into VPF due to hacking is completely different than why you cannot log in which is banning in your case, as we did not get ourselves banned from the site. So when it comes back up, we can go back unlike some/one who pushed the boundries too far. Nobody is ranting about it at all, only you.

Just wanted to mention a few things, this site may help in discovering the nature of VPF's hack, if thats indeed what happened:
http://www.zone-h.org/content/view/76/86/
The logs will also help but AJ might be the only one who has access.

About last months hack (defacement) of Pinball Nirvana, i wanted to clear up some misconceptions....
The defacement had NOTHING to do with Nuke, postnuke or ANY of the postnuke modules, (including pnphpbb, the forum module) the punks found and exploited a hole thru the FlashChat program which is not a postnuke module.

Pretty much, all they were able to do was replace the index page and create havoc by Googling "FlashChat" and hacking 100's of sites that had this program installed, it had nothing to do with the Content Management System. The author of FlashChat released a new version that fixed that problem and it was installed. I finally got the bot "Mibs" back!

I don't believe the hacks are similar.
Jon

Well, the site being down for 4 hours shouldn't have been posted anyway - if you have no eta, why post a timeframe?

Agreed Destruk, it has definitely been well over 4 hours and it gives people a possible false sense the site will be right back up, when it may not be for awhile (while AJ is located). If that was the only page available to put up while the site is offline, I guess that would explain the 4 hour timeframe :D

strange, i'm not getting the 4-hour ETA message. but still, since the terrorist scrawl seems to have been quickly removed i presume AJ is working on it as he has time to.

i left a phone message at AJ's business just now. guess he's out of the office ATM.

That is strange you are not seeing that message Nic. Either way, thanks for the update and hopefully all will be back up as quick as possible.

VB when it's put off line has a preset message to display, such as what people say they are seeing. The reason for that one is more than likely the one they put up when ever they do their maintenance, and just forgot to change the message this time.

Not familar with VBPortal, but if it's tied in to VB, then VB will automatically override, so you wouldn't know if that hack is actually gone yet or not. It appears they didn't get in through VB at least, either through the portal, or through the server, as I suspect that hasn't been upgraded in a long time either, and there are some major security flaws that have occured with both php and MYSQL over the last few years.

Shockman said:
Slapnuts, with all due respect to you, you can suck my cock.

No thanks, I'll pass.

Shockman said:
My posts in this thread are on topic. I have been accused of hacking the site.

No, technically they aren't. Not one person in this thread said anything remotely close to blaming you for hacking the site in this particular topic. All that was said was the site has been hacked. Sure, they may be thinking it if they happened to read your comments at Pinball Originals (in the Pinball Nirvana was hacked thread, in which the comment I am referring to strangely disappeared after 4 edits, you surely cannot deny making them) that mentioned something along the lines of contacting the people who hacked this site, to see if they could go to VPF. So go ahead and draw your own conclusion.

Ahhh thanks for the clarification Shiva, that makes sense.

has been back up the last hour or so.

yay!

:censored:

So, can I come back now? I didn't do it!

does this mean that just the forums are hacked or is there a chance that the files have been corrupted too?

You asking me?
I think everything but the files is corrupted!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back