Solid State Machines

Neo

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness
Neo submitted a new resource:

Zone Fury VPX - VPX rebuild of Zone Fury, previously made for VP9

Hey all. After a considerable amount of work and testing, Zone Fury VPX has been released to the VP world.

Zone Fury VPX is my third table for VPX, and is a conversion/rebuild of the VP9 version I made about a decade ago. For those who hadn't played the VP9 version, Zone Fury is based on the Zone mode in the Playstation 3 game Wipeout HD. In Zone Fury, the goal is to get to as high a Zone as you possibly can. The table starts out at Zone 0 (Sub-Venom), and you advance Zones by making ramp...

Read more about this resource...

An awesome table, really love it, like the music and how the colour of the table changes during play - really nice :-)

Last edited:
Great job on this one!

Found some small issues in the script which make it break on vpinball standalone (macos/linux/android/ios). Would be great if these could be fixed in a next release?

Feel free to contact me for more info
Thanks for the info. I don't currently run VP on any of those platforms so I was not aware that could cause an issue. It'll be fixed in the next update.

It's all pretty beta stage at the moment but as you can see in that github repository we are tracking down all required table modifications.

It's all pretty beta stage at the moment but as you can see in that github repository we are tracking down all required table modifications.
gotcha. no worries.

anyone got a wheel for this guy..?

Neo updated Zone Fury (Original) VPX with a new update entry:

Zone Fury VPX 1.0.1

Zone Fury VPX 1.0.1 updates

Fixed script issue with B2S displays script which could make it break on VP standalone platforms
Fixed plastics issue for VP 10.8 users. Still released as a VP 10.7 table, but those on 10.8 should no longer see any issue with the plastics.
Small updates to the B2S backglass. Game Over light separated into two separate lights, and Ball In Play separated into three separate lights.
Fixed an issue where the GI lights could mess up if a zone boost jackpot is scored...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the standalone fixes! Confirmed fixed.

Zone Fury VPX 1.1.0

1.1.0 Updates

-Added a second set of music tracks using music from and inspired by previous Wipeout games. Option can be set in script by changing the constant MusicType on Line 137 (1 = Default, 2 = Wipeout-theme)
-Added script options to disable the statistics and help boxes which can be activated in attract mode. These can be changed on Line 138 for the stats and Line 139 for the F2 help
-Discovered a better way to change flipper colors using only one set of flippers.
-Increased...

Great table based off a great game series. Could of used The Crystal Method "Acetone" on there (Wipeout HD), but yeah, even without this is the most banging soundtrack I've heard on a VPX. Banger after banger after banger.

Physics are fine, I love JP's physics

And thank God for that ball saver peg. You kinda get in a zen state with watching the ball bounce along with the music with this one which I think represents the game quite well.

Table is beautiful too, with awesome lighting.

5☆'s

I'm taken care of some updates backlog and this table is, of course, on the list. I always test the downloads I make so, this one, tested with 7-zip gives me a zip headers error.

If I open it with windows explorer it seems fine however, I'm unable to actually call it within VPX to play to make really sure the .vpx file works.

I tried the download from here and VPU where it was uploaded to. Also tried from different browsers (firefox and edge/chromium) and still the same issue.

I don't know how it was zipped, but 1.0.1 is OK. 1.1.0 not so much and you might want to look at it.

I'm taken care of some updates backlog and this table is, of course, on the list. I always test the downloads I make so, this one, tested with 7-zip gives me a zip headers error.

If I open it with windows explorer it seems fine however, I'm unable to actually call it within VPX to play to make really sure the .vpx file works.

I tried the download from here and VPU where it was uploaded to. Also tried from different browsers (firefox and edge/chromium) and still the same issue.

I don't know how it was zipped, but 1.0.1 is OK. 1.1.0 not so much and you might want to look at it.
I was getting header errors with 7-Zip too, but extracted it with windows and it's played just fine so I blamed 7-zip and assume the table is not broken?

Did not test in VPX. But since no one complained I'd say it's OK.

My point however, is that 7-zip is probably the most widely used software for, at least, decompression and I though it would be worth mentioning.

I never blamed 7-zip in 20+ years though :p

I have had my 7zip install become corrupted on two occasions over 20 years, so it can happen. On both occasions it would still work on most files, though a reinstall totally fixed it.

I simply "rezipped" it, problem solved.
Just want to try the table soon - and a lot more of other tables - because it looks way too cool and interesting. I didn't even try 1.0.1 and, again, a lot more tables that have been released this last weeks :(

fix uploaded...sorry about that...seems I can't release anything without zip file problems....seems like all compression software hates me

fix uploaded...sorry about that...seems I can't release anything without zip file problems....seems like all compression software hates me
Best to just highlight with mouse all files you want in zip, and right click them. and click Send To...then click Compressed file.
Built into windows and rarely messes up.

those loads and saves can really fragment the files. Assuming it's all fine with the filesystem, I'd recommend that before you zip, simple copy the file and paste it to a new location as it'll be, most likely, written in sequential mode. like one big block (on spinning disks you can actually hear the difference loading the files into FP or VP when the defragmentation is big. Make sure you don't move the file; copy it. Then "zip" it.

BTW, constantly defraging your disk(s) can also corrupt your files. People somehow tend to do this while running windows when it should be done at system boot, before windows loads. This is because a lot of files are opened or being torrent'ed or whatever. Another solution is having a secondary disk to just files like videos or roms, something that can't be opened unless you specifically do that; that means, disable the stupid AV as it scans accessed files or create exceptions for this type of files.

Sorry for the offtopic but it is really not normal to have problems zipping files with software designed to do so (NOT EXPLORER or any crap program from Microsoft :D )

Zone Fury VPX 1.2.0

Zone Fury VPX 1.2.0 Updates

-Fixed issue where Wipeout music was being output via table instead of backglass
-Fixed issue with incorrect music when music options are set to Random.
-Added third music option combining some Wipeout and default music.(MusicType 3, 4 tracks from each at this time, may add more later).
-Added a 10-second ball save every 20 Zones starting at Zone 20 (max Zone 100)
-Barrier hits in multiball now apply the playfield multiplier. At 2x all scores, Barrier hits now...

So unfortunately after releasing this version I discovered a small bug in the code for the add-a-ball which can cause the table to not indicate the correct number of balls in play if the add-a-ball is triggered when a ball is in the process of being saved. A fix will be implemented in the next update which I am not sure when that will be as of yet, but in the meantime, to fix this you can go into the script, do a search in the script for Sub AddaBall, and cut/paste the entire AddaBall sub with the below code. This should ensure the table is tracking the number of balls in play during multiball correctly when add-a-ball is triggered.

Code:
Sub AddaBall()

Dim BallsToAdd                                                        ' Number of balls we are adding

Select Case BallCount
    Case 3
        BallsToAdd = 1                                                ' Add 1 ball with three balls in play
    Case 1,2
        BallstoAdd = Int(2*Rnd) + 1                                    ' Add 1-2 balls with one or two balls in play
    End Select
    BallsToRelease(1) = BallsToRelease(1) + BallsToAdd
    BallCount = BallCount + BallsToAdd
    BallReleaseSaved.Enabled = True                                    ' Timer on to release the new hounds
    If not MBBallSaver then
        StartGeneralBallSaver 10                                    ' Start a 10-second ball save for triggering add-a-ball       
    Else
        AddBallSaverTime 10                                            ' Add 10 seconds to the ball save if it is already running
    End If                                           
    AddaBallThisMultiball = True                                    ' We've now had an add-a-ball this multiball
    PlaySound"AddaBall2"

End Sub

Apologies for the trouble.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back