Eight Ball Champ (Bally, 1985) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Eight Ball Champ (Bally, 1985) VP8 v4.1 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Eight Ball Champ (Bally, 1985) VP8 v4.1
by Kurt Herman aka scapino
IPD No. 761

Here is the latest updated version Ballys' Eight Ball Champ. A shooters table!

Note from Xenonph:
This table needs to be played using VP6. The display is messed up when using VP8.
Find VP6.exe here..
If you have display problems with any older VP8 tables, try playing them with VP6 and 99% of the time it will fix your display problems.

Revision History:
Fifth Release v4.1 2-22-2004

I re-did the upper gate mech. Much simpler and reliable now.

Replaced the menu reel with a smaller version,
and no transparency, so ATI cards should have no problem.

Replaced the score comma reel image with a smaller one.
Solves the corrupted comma problem with ATI.

Fourth Release v4.0 10-1-2002

Changed the angle to more closely match my previous tables.
Re-Rendered. Made all of the lights, reels, except for the 2x and 5x lights at the bottom,
as the flippers would disappear behind reel images (like in SuperSonic, which I corrected for the VPM release.)
I put the code in for the new VPM display, so no more hybrid code needed.
This also made the game adjust mode a little easier, as the display now shows what is actually on the VPM display.

To enter adjust mode, hit the '9' key. You may have to hit it twice.
Then you can enter a register number to change directly. Or you can hit the enter key on the keypad,
and step through the registers. If you want to reset the keyboard so you can enter another number,
hit the '7' key. When you are done in adjust mode, hit the '6' key.

If for some reason VPM goes out to lunch on you, just hit the 'F3', which will reset the simulation.

If you go into adjust mode, after playing a game, the game will stop on a stuck switch test (the ball in the drain),
and wont go into the adjust mode. Its a pain, but I havn't been able to find a way around it.

So its usually a good idea to do your adjustments on the first run of the table.

This release requires VP6 or better, and VPM 1.20 or better.

Special Release v3.1 LE 4-15-2002

I put the flippers back into VPM control. I had originaly had the keydown/key up handle the flippers directly, because on this table the flippers wouldn't work in VPM. That was 2 VBS releases ago, and the subsequent VBS releases fixed that problem. I just forgot to take my handler out, and return control to VPM.

Also, so I dont get bombarded with requests from those running the LE version of the table,
I added a message box with the most use registry settings for EBC listed. So now you'll now how to change balls in play, ect.

Special Release v3.0 LE 4-14-2002

After many complaints from people who are having trouble running the 'Directors Cut',
here is EightBallChampv3_0LE. Limited editon. Everything out of the ordinary is gone from this game.
It's pure VPM, and nothing more. If you have a problem running this, then I'm stumped! :)

First Release v3.0 4-13-2002

Well, here it is. I gave my original EBC table the dark/fully rendered treatment, and VPM'd it.
This table requires VisualPinball 0.6.2806 or better,VPinMame 1.12 or better and VBS 3.02 files or better.

I also gave it the "hybrid" treatment, where I have my own large score displays. Making it a hybrid is very complicated(to much so, just for a custom display!) but I like the looks of it and it was interesting trying to interface with VPM.
I'm sure you will find some bugs in my interface. Its so complex...I nearlly have all the code I need for a VP version allready done!
Feel free to e-mail me with your description of those nasty critters! :)

Enjoy Eight Ball Champ!

Kurt Herman
[email protected]
Rules:
1 to 4 INSTRUCTIONS FOR
CAN PLAY AMUSEMENT
ONLY

*1st and 3rd players play solid balls 1 thru 7,
2nd and 4th players play striped balls 9 thru 15.
Player completing all solid or striped balls
may play the 8 ball.

* Completing 'C-H-A-M-P' increases spinner value
1st time doubles all playfield score values.
2nd time triples values,
3rd time lites outlanes alternately to score 'Special',
4th time both outlanes flash to score 'Special'.

*1 Replay for making '8-Ball' when 'Special' lite is lit.
*1 Replay for completing 'E-I-G-H-T' when
'Special' lite is flashing.
*1 Replay for ball thru either outlanes when
*1 Replay for ball thru either rollup lane when

*1 'Extra Ball' for completing 'E-I-G-H-T' when
'Extra Ball' lite is flashing.
*1 'Extra Ball' per ball in play

*Tilt penalty ball in play.
ROM------------------>
  • Eight Ball Champ (Bally, 1985) VP8 v4.1.jpg
    Eight Ball Champ (Bally, 1985) VP8 v4.1.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 82
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back