BAM Air_Hockey_Fp/Bam "Ideas and concept"

Well...Well..Well.....Thanks to Gimli(Bob),who had a great idea to change texture to the cabinet and objects, very nice !!!

The functions in use are:
1) xBAM.SetTexture...for objects
2) xBAM.LoadGif....for cabinet-hockey

Her the my vision.
View attachment 19008

PS: there will be more news, which Bob may soon show.
Nice Paolo!
Now that you have unlocked the mystery of texture swapping you can do what @TerryRed did with Tron mode and swap
ALL the textures of the table based on a game event ? Maybe in dragons keep ?

Thanks Bob!!

actually, in DK, i already did something like this, meaning not as terry (i'm very far yet from he), but used "gif" for the ramps, (in fire) i used "normal -maps", for all models , so I don't know what to invent for DK anymore, but if you have a suggestion, feel free to tell me

Last edited:
Thanks Bob!!

actually, in DK, i already did something like this, meaning not as terry (i'm very far yet fromhe), but used "gif" for the ramps, (in focus) i used "normal -maps", for all models , so I don't know what to invent for DK anymore, but if you have a suggestion, feel free to tell me
Cool !
do you swap ramp gifs and all the textures ?
playfield ,ball , plastics , lights etc....

I am not saying it is necessary but it can be very ? but a ton of work

Well...Well..Well.....Thanks to Gimli(Bob),who had a great idea to change texture to the cabinet and objects, very nice !!!

The functions in use are:
1) xBAM.SetTexture...for objects
2) xBAM.LoadGif....for cabinet-hockey

Her the my vision.
View attachment 19008

PS: there will be more news, which Bob may soon show.
I have tried to swap colors once but couldn't find any code to do it. I ended up using xBAM.SetTexture with a small texture with solid color. It looks like you guys did the same thing.

I have tried to swap colors once but couldn't find any code to do it. I ended up using xBAM.SetTexture with a small texture with solid color. It looks like you guys did the same thing.
True
With custom models and balls you can just code different colors

Cool !
do you swap ramp gifs and all the textures ?
playfield ,ball , plastics , lights etc....

I am not saying it is necessary but it can be very ? but a ton of work
swap ramp gifs ,yes....
and all the textures ?
playfield ,ball , plastics , lights....no.....
but for ball, yes custom ball as I usually do
for playfield and plastics....i used xBAM.Get Texture, to make them lighter or darker.

change the textures at all, it's hard work, at least for this DK ..... but maybe for another table, it could be done, but it's a matter of having that idea at the beginning of the construction

however it is a great idea to create something different,using these functions:cool:

True
With custom models and balls you can just code different colors
Yes. That is the only place I have seen it done with non-BAM code. The power ball on Twilight Zone was coded that way. I tried making a white ball with an RGB of 255, 255, 255 but it just made a lighter colored silver ball. I ended up using a white custom ball.

Yes...as Bob suggests, and using these functions, it's easy, and "we" just need to understand the mechanisc

Yes. That is the only place I have seen it done with non-BAM code. The power ball on Twilight Zone was coded that way. I tried making a white ball with an RGB of 255, 255, 255 but it just made a lighter colored silver ball. I ended up using a white custom ball.
I have a custom model for the air hockey that unfortunately Paolo can’t load .
I can simply change the model code to swap colors

the other secret is to use a static single gif texture for table objects
that don’t have unique names and use the swap gif code for them.

The set texture code requires a name “flipper2” or whatever

Last edited:
I have a custom model for the air hockey that unfortunately Paolo can’t load .
I can simply change the model code to swap colors
Yes...and in this way it is even easier, George, but unfortunately my pc has some rejection for textures in custom bam model
because in hockey I needed to use gif for the model, you see ... as that model is a rubber object

Yes...and in this way it is even easier, George, but unfortunately my pc has some rejection for textures in custom bam model
because in hockey I needed to use gif for the model, you see ... as that model is a rubber object
Maybe you could make the custom model for the air hockey switchable to something that works for Paolo.

Maybe you could make the custom model for the air hockey switchable to something that works for Paolo.
He can’t use any custom models
The model would not port into milkshape even in obj form

Last edited:
He can’t use any custom models
The model would not port into milkshape even in obj form
Maybe Paolo could just use a pinball.

Maybe Paolo could just use a pinball.
The puck is fine
I mean the table model
I have different higher res table model that he can’t use

Ok,I try to explain..... @GeorgeH

the models that can be found on the internet (therefore in sites that offer them) are not always in "obj" format or in a format that "milkshape supports, but it is not only this, some time these models also in" obj "are very complex, too much polygons and vertex, and milk doesn't even open them.

now they can also be found very often in "stl" format,I have some programs to convert, but the biggest problem are the textures to be able to coordinate in this format.

and here "bam model" comes into play and with the ModelImporter program, it is possible to create a model in tga, which then through bam, fp reads .... and it works well, only that gives me that black texture problem, which I still don't understand why it happens, rav tells me it should work, and here is my biggest mystery

@Gimli ....for his personal model he used "bam model", and ModelImporter program.which unfortunately (another mystery) I can't use, it doesn't load me the model, whatever format it is

Ok,guys,this table, is coming to the conclusion, a choice menu for the various game modes has also been added.
I have to say that this project was a total success, as the new BAM features made this game possible.

A big thank you..... to Rav to always be available to listen to the proposals....and to Gimli (Bob), who with his skills, made this project possible, and with his patience to listen to my crazy ideas.

Last edited:
Ok,.....I am afraid that the release of this game will be postponed further, I think it is better to avoid too many people posting some comments "about malfunctioning" on the "mouse system", in the publication.

Bob and I,we are trying to evaluate the situation, because in some people it works, and in others it doesn't ..... I think it is something related to "own" pc ... and not in the function itself,so let's see the developments.

@GeorgeH
@TerryRed

it would be very helpful if you want to try the table, kindly

I think Terry is a no go with this table and mouse function for some reason ?

Here is a video ,
I hope to add any advancement to both of the versions and look forward to using Paolo's new games room motif

This video shows better puck control with the ability to dampen the speed and contain the puck and then to accelerate the puck based on
paddle velocity ....
View attachment Future Pinball 2021-04-22 17-08-49-28.mp4

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back