All In One Example Table - FizX, FLEEP, Ball Rolling, PUP SSF, DOF - Easy to add!

here is my table list
@Zobou

Really????? which tables of yours are you talking about????

I don't want to be offensive, but in the list that you consider "yours", you didn't make those tables,
remove MY Batman 1989 and Krull from your list, and other tables of mine that you may have in mind......and I ask you kindly!!

I have not given permission to anyone to modify or add anything to my tables and then publish them, especially those two that cost me almost years of work.

PS: what else can I say again???, I really can't believe certain things especially for Batman that I'm updating it and that I put in my thread!!!
Paolo (wild) table's...." demonstration and to bam update"

Last edited:
@Zobou

Really????? which tables of yours are you talking about????

I don't want to be offensive, but in the list that you consider "yours", you didn't make those tables,
remove MY Batman 1989 and Krull from your list, and other tables of mine that you may have in mind......and I ask you kindly!!

I have not given permission to anyone to modify or add anything to my tables and then publish them, especially those two that cost me almost years of work.

PS: what else can I say again???, I really can't believe certain things especially for Batman that I'm updating it and that I put in my thread!!!
Paolo (wild) table's...." demonstration and to bam update"

First, he never said any of those were "his". He was asking what tables were people planning on updating for FizX.

The vast majority of people are fine with tables being modded. A small few like you are not. Not everyone sees every post you make, or every post from every author ever made, and knows their wishes.

So him putting up a list and asking is exactly the right thing to do. So anyone like you, could PM him to let him know... instead of you bringing in your usual drama into my topics.

Let me put a stop to this right here. This drama in this post stops NOW!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... if this kind of thing continues in this in this topic, I'll ask the moderators to lock this topic, and people can read the tutorial and fend for themselves.

This topic is about "support" for FizX and the AIO Example table and tutorial.... not temper tantrums. Take that into a PM if needed.

@Zobou Could you make a new topic asking about who is updating what for FizX... and then anyone can chime in there instead.

Last edited:
instead of you bringing in your usual drama into my topics.
I hope you're not directing it to me? Which drama are you referring to?
I don't have time for these dramas that you think I can do, I only replied to Zobou ,where do you see the drama? and if I can give my opinion you are too busy with these things that you immediately go into auto-protectionand frankly I'm sorry(not to mention irritated) that you see it like this every time.

First, he never said any of those were "his". He was asking what tables were people planning on updating for FizX.
I know they're not his......
no....Read carefully before talking about dramas, he says that that is his list being convert

here is my table list being converted fizX3
if anyone has a table in this list that is converted let me know.
I don't want to continue this conversation anyway.

TABLE UPDATE

3.20.08 (Nov 22 - 2023)

- changed GenericPreHitMinBallSpeed = 1 to GenericPreHitMinBallSpeed = 5

This was supposed to be set to 5. This now means all static balls will be ignored, instead of having constant physics updates for balls that aren't moving. More efficient for tables with multiball, or tables with captive balls always on the table that aren't moving often.

The updated table and tutorial package can be downloaded on the first post of this topic.

Last edited:
TABLE UPDATE

3.20.08 (Nov 22 - 2023)

- changed GenericPreHitMinBallSpeed = 1 to GenericPreHitMinBallSpeed = 5

This was supposed to be set to 5.

The updated table and tutorial package can be downloaded on the first post of this topic.
Just why (for others because I think to know why)?
I know how it's difficult to write a "generic" help, so, thanks for your dedication for BAM, FizX, ...

Because under 5mm/s, FizX don't calculate balls... Sometime, even if they appear static on captive ball, balls could have 1 or 2mm/s.

Just why (for others because I think to know why)?
I know how it's difficult to write a "generic" help, so, thanks for your dedication for BAM, FizX, ...

Good point. I updated the "why"? :)

This was supposed to be set to 5. This now means all static balls will be ignored, instead of having constant physics updates for balls that aren't moving. More efficient for tables with multiball, or tables with captive balls always on the table that aren't moving often.

[UTILISATEUR=34586]@Zobou[/UTILISATEUR]

Vraiment ????? De quelles tables parlez-vous ????

Je ne veux pas être offensant, mais dans la liste que vous considérez comme « la vôtre », vous n’avez pas fait ces tableaux,
enlevez MON Batman 1989 et Krull de votre liste, et d’autres de mes tableaux que vous avez peut-être à l’esprit... et je vous demande gentiment !!

Je n’ai donné la permission à personne de modifier ou d’ajouter quoi que ce soit à mes tableaux, puis de les publier, en particulier ces deux qui m’ont coûté près d’années de travail.

PS : que dire d’autre encore ???, je n’arrive vraiment pas à croire certaines choses surtout pour Batman que je suis en train de mettre à jour et que j’ai mis dans mon fil !!
Paolo (sauvage) table.... » démonstration et à la mise à jour de BAM »

don't panic, I never said I would post this list. This is my list for an electronic arcade pinball projects. If your creation is found and tell you that you are part of the Fp legend.
If you post an update with fizX well I would have worked for nothing...

don't panic, I never said I would post this list. This is my list for an electronic arcade pinball projects. If your creation is found and tell you that you are part of the Fp legend.
If you post an update with fizX well I would have worked for nothing...

Again... please stay on topic everyone. Continue in a PM or create another topic, please.

yes sorry, about fizX... I just renamed Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull™ FizX3_003 to Indiana Jones Crystal Skull FizX3_003 even after converting several tables I still find a way to correct a bug. I swear to you that I looked for why there was a bug even after correcting several tables.

The filename, and even the Table Name in the Editor can cause odd conflicts at times. I had that with Robocop and have to change the name in the Editor.

There's always something new that comes along to trip you up.

AIO Example Table Tutorial 3.2 : Part 2 - Add PinMechSound, DOF, PUP SSF to any FP table!

This video is Part 2 which covers adding the optional PinMechSound commands to add SSF, DOF and FLEEP sounds to the entire table.

00:00 Intro
03:01 Table changes after adding AIO Example code and FizX 3.2
07:41 Table Preview with updated FizX 3.2 physics
10:41 What we are going to do now
13:00 Remove mechanical sounds from items in FP editor
24:50 How PinMechSound works
36:58 Flippers
44:49 Slingshots
49:45 Bumpers
51:40 Autoplungers and Kickback
54:55 Kickers
59:36 Drop Targets
1:02:02 Drain, Coin, Nudge
1:04:50 Rollovers
1:06:38 Ball Drops
1:14:21 First Test with PinMechSound update and Fleep
1:19:15 Quick fixes
1:23:30 Wire Ramps
1:31:50 Gates
1:37:11 Ball Rolling sounds change on ramps
1:42:42 Test PUP SSF
1:43:51 PUP SSF and Gameplay Demo.... NICE!
1:48:07 Debugger Test
1:51:28 Launch DMDExt option
1:55:07 That's it! - Closing thoughts

I'm trying this out with fpx.

I really wish you hadn't put the bumper hit code with your pinmechsound code, as it means you have to manually remove it everytime you update the file. That code would make more sense if it was in the same section as your other hit code so you don't accidentally overwrite it with a newer version replacement.

Last edited:

I really wish you hadn't put the bumper hit code with your pinmechsound code, as it means you have to manually remove it everytime you update the file. That code would make more sense if it was in the same section as your other hit code.

Funny you mention that... I was doing the Part 2 video when I noticed that, I made a note to change that for this very reason.

I kept it in the video, as it was a good example of why you need to check things like that.

Thanks for reminding me. I'll be uploading a new updated table with those changes!

Last edited:

I really wish you hadn't put the bumper hit code with your pinmechsound code, as it means you have to manually remove it everytime you update the file. That code would make more sense if it was in the same section as your other hit code so you don't accidentally overwrite it with a newer version replacement.

...and... done.

TABLE UPDATE

3.20.09 (Nov 24 - 2023)

- made new PinMechSound_Bumper_Hit subs for each bumper, and kept the Sub Bumper_Hit separate (so they don't conflict with other table's bumper hit subs)

Also updated the tutorial with both the new video tutorial links.

Updated table and tutorial are on the first post of this topic.

1700808326894.png

1700808339406.png

Another minor thing...
All the debug text is left on for rubber hits, materials and mech sounds...

That's a lot of messages...

Another minor thing...
All the debug text is left on for rubber hits, materials and mech sounds...

That's a lot of messages...

Agreed.

I may update the Debugger section to allow options to enable / disable specific messages for Fizx, Ball Hits, PinMechSound, etc... one day... after I'm done uploading my new guides and all newly updated PinEvent tables.

Looking at this, and with 2 people doing different things, the script is messy and disorganized. Things are just all over the place here. From my use case, and considering this is a community use project, I was trying to avoid having to redo the settings every time a new fizx update comes out. But, after playing a sample table in fpx, just wasn't playing right, and having to find a single line of code in that script was getting to be too much of a pain. The problem of course was fpx was designed to be multiple tables, not just one.
I really didn't want to do this, but the only way is to rearrange the code completely, add my options, and just have a non-updatable version. I'm considering a more simplified version of this as well, since beginners will be more likely to use fpx as opposed to people who know how to code, and this is just too much for them if they wish to make changes themselves.

Looking at this, and with 2 people doing different things, the script is messy and disorganized. Things are just all over the place here. From my use case, and considering this is a community use project, I was trying to avoid having to redo the settings every time a new fizx update comes out. But, after playing a sample table in fpx, just wasn't playing right, and having to find a single line of code in that script was getting to be too much of a pain. The problem of course was fpx was designed to be multiple tables, not just one.
I really didn't want to do this, but the only way is to rearrange the code completely, add my options, and just have a non-updatable version. I'm considering a more simplified version of this as well, since beginners will be more likely to use fpx as opposed to people who know how to code, and this is just too much for them if they wish to make changes themselves.

I have found also that finding settings and the right switch in the script to turn something on can be difficult. The settings for the parameters are listed below the code for the audio. It looks like the switches are usually placed above the code that drives the switch. I have to agree that it would be convenient to have all the settings and switches at the top of the script.

I guess I will look at this in a couple days or so, have a travel day tomorrow. The thing for me is my changes would not be useable for anyone else, as it's fpx code, and several times there's been objections with modified code published. Still, have to be as fair as possible and see if it works and how it works, and if it's flexible enough to be able to handle what I have planned. I may have to end up just using the base JLou script, just because of a logistics thing, and looking at the massive amount of videos and guides here even posted today, this is not simple, and updating with new versions may be too much of a pain in the ass as it stands right now.

No doubt, but this needs to be used as a external file, with a options subroutine outside it because of all of the settings you can change.

First, all the videos and guides I posted today have nothing to do with this table, or FizX. Give your head a shake. Like what the hell are you going on about?

Those videos and guides are completely different topics that are about things that have nothing to do with FizX. They are my own guides that have been around for years now. I just finally decided to make them into PDFs and create videos as companions. You know, for other people besides yourself who have been using them for years.

I'll be as clear as I've always been in this topic.

This is an example table for everyone to use if they wish. Not a make it like Shiva wants table, or make it like Paolo wants table, or make it like George wants table. This isn't Burger King gents. You don't get to have it your way. This also was not proposed as a "community" made example table. You simply cannot, and will not make everyone happy for what they want or how they think things should be, or how they do things. Everyone one of you does things very differently on your tables.... and in ways I may not always agree with either. But I don't go into your table topics and tell you how you should be doing things.

I certainly don't go into the FPX topic and preach about how I think that should be changed for my own liking.... or say I think its a mess that makes no sense to me or most others, or does things that I don't want to use. Just take a moment to think about what you've been saying. With all due respect... its been very rude.

I'm not some noob here who doesn't know what he's doing. Maybe step outside your own bubble and maybe try the many table updates I;ve posted... and I've already updated at least 14 tables now easily using this code (and multiple times for each FizX update). Popotte had no problems using it, nor has multiple other new people who have never even touched a FP table before let alone created one. It's clear that it is easy enough for many people to use exactly as it is. It's just not the way "you" want for yourself.

The intent of this table and it's tutorial (they work together, not just the table alone), was to have one standard "section" of code that would support all FizX functions (made by JLou) first and foremost, while making all the other extra functions as "options" (in their own section) as JLou requested from me (PinMechSound, DOF, PUP SSF, Ball Rolling). We've worked with external files (and agreed to stay away from them, bad idea!) and tried many different methods. This wasn't just something we whipped up without any thought as to how it would be used. It was made to be as contained and as simple as possible for "anyone" to use. It's not going to be custom tailored for everyone.

ALL the settings that you are allowed to change are at the top of the script. All of them. It doesn't get any simpler than that. If you don't understand something.... read and follow the tutorial in order. That is how this table was designed to be used. Don't just look at the table script.

It's extremely easy to update a table already using this code to a newer version of FizX. I copy and paste the same AIO section of code each time, and just replace my FizX Table Settings, Generic Settings, Ball Rolling settings, and PinMechSound section if used, with what I had before. I've done this many many times during lots of testing with each new FizX update. If you keep the AIO example section of code together as it was intended, then there is no reason this can't be easily updated on any table that already has it.

If you still don't understand something.... here's a shocking idea... ask. (at least Paolo tried to ask questions for help in another topic) That is what this topic is for. To understand how to use the AIO Example tables code and it's tutorial. It's not here for a debate on how it should be changed to how this person wants it or that person wants it, or to take a beating from some ungrateful crab-apples.

We're more than happy to fix problems, and make adjustments as needed.... but we're not here to completely change or undo all our work. It's designed exactly as it was intended.

Use the example code as it is, and it will work, as has been shown by multiple people numerous times now. If you want things to be different, then adapt it for your own needs. Take your own time to do that. JLou and I have done more than our part. Now it's time for you guys to do what you need for yourself and your own projects. It's not up to myself or JLou to accommodate you.

Take it or leave it, gents.

Last edited:
Hmm. What a long post about things I actually never said. I was talking about how this suits me and fpx, which is all I really care about at the moment. And you are right, I don't have to use it, but I decided to try it out, especially with this new version, which is far more mature.
If you release something, then expect comments whether you like them or not. I have 20 plus years now of getting comments I don't like, so you need to grow a thicker skin especially when someone writes a post that suggest ways to improve a product, and might even make it easier so more people can use it properly.

@shiva
Don't let yourself be intimidated by the sheer amount of info. In its base it's mostly a c&p job and everything is in the script.
The problems do appear when people try to change things outside the given options. Even one change can mess everything up because as you know, everything is interconnected somehow.
Point is, don't try to reinvent the wheel. It exists, just put air on it and roll (I really like this analogy :) ).

You can read all the code and all that and if you find a bug or have a patch give JLou a nudge but other than that, it was never so easy to have good physics in an FP table.

You can read all the code and all that and if you find a bug or have a patch give JLou a nudge but other than that, it was never so easy to have good physics in an FP table.

It has never been so easy to have good physics, and also have the automatic "options" of DOF, Fleep, PUP, SSF, and Ball Rolling on a FP table. There corrected that for you. ;)

Take it from someone who's actually been adding all the above to VP and FP tables for many years. It's never been this easy to add all the above to a VP or FP table. The fact that we have new guys (who have never touched the FP editor in their lives) getting this to work just fine I think speaks volumes in terms of how we designed this.

Follow and read the written tutorial. Everyone who has been doing that has had few problems. I have a feeling some people just load up the table script and think they should just automatically know everything based on that. Not the case. We use to have instructions at the top... but they aren't as easy to follow compared to the tutorial PDF (that has images for reference).

In case anyone didn't understand... ALL the things you are "allowed" to change are at the top of the table script. They were all placed up there for that specific purpose so the player, or the table modder / updater had no need to look elsewhere. There is no reason for anyone to look through the rest of the code to try to change things. If you are doing that... it's clear the tutorial was not followed.

The settings you can change to your liking start here... at the top.

1701950788478.png

....and it continues on down to here at the bottom of FizX testing Tools. Everything in that section is what the user AND the table modder / creator can change.

1701950967251.png

Everything else in the rest of the AIO Example section of code is NOT to be changed. If you are trying to do so, then you are asking for problems. You are on your own at that point. There is no need to touch any of it. If you use it as it was intended, it will work as intended.

1701951187628.png

The only exception is the Sub NewtonPhysicTick. You need to merge your own code if using any in that sub. I think myself and Gimli are some of the few who actually use anything in there.

1701951410896.png

I've been in this hobby for 15 years. I've been actively "creating" for 9 of them. I've seen it all as well. When someone carries on the way you do (multiple times now), it's not ok. "Thick skin" has nothing to do with it (you clearly didn't see all the crap I've had to deal with on the VP side). If someone is being rude... especially someone who has been in the hobby for many years... then they should be told so. "Thick skin" goes both ways. I've had people call me out at times as well... and I'm glad they did, because it didn't occur to me that my comments weren't wanted, or helpful to them or their project.

I absolutely don't agree that "the script is messy and disorganized. Things are just all over the place here."

Everything is labelled with START and END and organized... and 99% of the AIO Example Code is in "one" section of code. One. You copy and paste that "one" section of code. You change your settings for all the features at the TOP of the table script. If you want to use the OPTIONAL features, then take the steps to do so. Otherwise that's it.

It does not get any easier than that. READ and follow the written tutorial. If you aren't willing to do that... then carry on and do your own thing.

We are more than happy to try to fix problems, refine things and more. I've shown that multiple times now when anyone points out problems, or points out things they didn't understand.

THIS topic and THIS table and THIS tutorial are for using the AIO Example Table and it Tutorial as THEY were designed. If you want something else... take that to another topic. Don't flood this topic with anything else. If you need help or clarification, PLEASE do ask for it here.

I might add comments in the sections above saying something like "Settings you can change", and then after that "DO NOT CHANGE"... to make it a bit easier.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    maybe "Fun In Acapulco"?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    (AI prompt) describe an after shave with Aqua in it's name.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Aqua Fresh After Shave is a revitalizing and refreshing post-shave product that leaves your skin feeling cool and hydrated. Infused with a crisp and clean aquatic scent, this after shave soothes any irritation or redness caused by shaving, while also moisturizing and nourishing the skin. The Aqua Fresh After Shave is the perfect finishing touch to your grooming routine, leaving you feeling invigorated and ready to take on the day.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    holy what? it's Shill Bot?
    (AI prompt) Give me a sales pitch for Aqua Bot Shaving Cream
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Introducing Aqua Bot Shaving Cream - the ultimate solution for a smooth and comfortable shave every time. Our unique formula is infused with hydrating ingredients like aloe vera and coconut oil to nourish and protect your skin while you shave. Say goodbye to nicks, cuts, and irritation with our rich and creamy lather that provides a close and clean shave with ease. Experience the refreshing and invigorating scent of Aqua Bot Shaving Cream that will leave you feeling revitalized and ready to take on the day. Upgrade your shaving routine with Aqua Bot and achieve the smoothest shave of your life. Try it now and see the difference for yourself!
    the bot is getting kickbacks! :yikes:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Free Bally! and xenonph
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    ... holy mooly... i feel dirty somehow. Maybe all I need is Velva Bot Loofah Pads
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    they mixed up coconut oil with bot oil
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and Free Bally!
    (AI prompt) the song The Pretzel by the Dellwoods lyrics
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, I'm sorry, but I can't provide the lyrics to the song "The Pretzel" by the Dellwoods as it is copyrighted material. Would you like a summary or analysis of the song instead?
    • Angry
    (AI prompt) top 20 twist songs
    Reactions: xenonph
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, 1. "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles
    2. "Let's Twist Again" by Chubby Checker
    3. "The Twist" by Hank Ballard and The Midnighters
    4. "Twistin' the Night Away" by Sam Cooke
    5. "Twist of Fate" by Olivia Newton-John
    6. "Twist My Hips" by Tim James
    7. "Twistin' USA" by Danny and the Juniors
    8. "Twist and Shout" by The Isley Brothers
    9. "Twist of the Magi" by She & Him
    10. "Twistin' the Blues" by Buddy Guy
    11. "Twistin' the Night Away" by Rod Stewart
    12. "Twist and Crawl" by The Beat
    13. "Twist and Shout" by The Mamas & The Papas
    14. "Twist and Crawl" by The Str
    oh hey, this one is from a collection of singles off the Swan label in the early 60s
    Reactions: xenonph and JonPurpleHaze
    they're a lot of fun, regional hits but never get played these days because they never hit national charts
    (AI prompt) what city was home to Swan Records label?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    this is a nutzo Japanese girl band
    • Wow
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
    (AI prompt) Can the band the B52's do the song Bomb The Twist?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, No, the song "Bomb The Twist" was actually performed by The 5.6.7.8's, a Japanese rock band, not by The B-52's.
    bad 'bot, "Bomb The Twist" was a cover of a 60's song
    Here starts a trio of tunes about dance which are, let's face it, "grunty"
      Free Bally! @ Free Bally!: Here starts a trio of tunes about dance which are, let's face it, "grunty"
      Back