Bumper Pool and Billiards (Original)

Flipperless Original Table BAM FP Bumper Pool and Billiards (Original) v2.0 BAM

No permission to download
Future Pinball
Oh wow, I totally missed the dancers in sync! That's some hilarious and brilliant stuff.

Dang Bob, what a legendary project this has turned out to be. Let me take a look at the latest one and see if I can help get the word out a bit more.
Thanks ! I actually love playing it .
(btw, is there anywhere else you're currently sharing it?)
Not really . I posted a youtube vid and mentionned the video at vpforums yesterday.

If you want to increase the power of the cue you can go to line 2673 and for instance increase the Strength factor from 30 to say 100. (r = Strength * 100) .
I tried that last pm and it takes more touch to control the cue strength and is maybe more realistic ?

Code:
Sub Shootball()
    If GameOver = True then exit sub
    If MPs(ObjectBall).TrackedBallExist = True then
        Dim ball
        Set ball = MPs(ObjectBall).TrackedBall
        Dim r
        Dim a
        r = Strength * 30
        'AddDebugText "SpinFactor = " & SpinFactor
        'AddDebugText "r = " & r
        a = MiniPlayField_10.Rotation.Z * DegToRad
        ball.SetVelocity r*sin(a),- r*cos(a), 0
        ShotSound()
        Move = 0
        CameraAdjust.Set True, 2000
        CueVanish.Set True , 500
        AllBallsStopped = False
        CheckAllBallSpeeds.Set true, 50
        CheckIfBallSunk.Set True, 100
End if

End Sub

Gimli updated Bumper Pool and Billiards with a new update entry:

Avengers Bumper Pool Version 2b

Sorry if you find the frequent updates annoying but I am truly having a blast with this game. Very strategic and some ways more gratifying than conventional billiards.

Here are some tweaks:
1. I increased the force of the cue so be careful now
2.I added animation sequences for the end of the game. The Victor Mascott Celebrates and the others fall dead....kinda like "ring around the rosy" sorry for the macabre humor during the pandemic"
I truly wish you and yours the best of health and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Gimli updated Bumper Pool and Billiards with a new update entry:

Avengers Bumper Pool Version 2c

I am fairly satisfied with the current state of this game !! But what do I know :bonk:

Much smoother Game Play:
1. Shorter wait time between shots
2. Fixed the menu I believe. You access the menu only from Zoomed out view by pressing Special 1 key or Middle Mouse Key if you have Mouse Setup as described previously (and at top of script)
Use Flippers to toggle between menu options, plunger key to make selection and return to game
All Menu Selections...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well done bro!!

Are there any words left to say regarding this project? I don't have them!

Are there any words left to say regarding this project? I don't have them!
it plays well in Vr
I am scaling the characters to life size so hulk and thanos tower over you in vr

Star Wars Pinball FX2 was just released for Quest 2 and it has life sized animated models of Darh Vader , Luke , Jabba etc...

So i have to try this in vr. Let me know when the scaling is done.

So i have to try this in vr. Let me know when the scaling is done.
will do
It creates more challenges but should be cool

It is neat walking up to an animated life sized model in vr

but it leads to expanding the walls and moving all the pieces of the juke box and then deciding how to move the huge mascots out of the way

Ideally I would add more mixamo animations and have them walk from place to place

but for starters I will have them “teleport” out of the way

hmm... i'm not sure I will have that much room to actually walk around it but I'll do my best.

hmm... i'm not sure I will have that much room to actually walk around it but I'll do my best.
With BAM in menu you can configure WSAD keys or whatever you wish to move around the room and that works brilliantly.

I use a blue tooth wireless controller
and can walk and WSAD around the table effortlessly

Your not the first one to say that a controller is great for this stuff (TerryRed was the other one I believe). And I do have one that can also be used wirelessly via BT...
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Your not the first one to say that a controller is great for this stuff (TerryRed was the other one I believe). And I do have one that can also be used wirelessly via BT...
Anyway, thanks for the tip.
The other way is Virtual Desktop where you can set you VR controllers as a joystick that you can configure in FP key settings

I'll have to solve other problems first before starting on "final" setups.
I'll take that one into consideration too. I think in VR will be easier to setup just the controller in FP however.

@AnonTet , @Ike Savage

I am having a lot of fun with the VR version of Avengers Bumper Pool. Having life sized 3d models is very cool.
It got me thinking of utilizing more of BAMs tricks by making a version where you obtain Infinity Stones (Gif Balls)
that will have various powers/properties and the ultimate winner obtains all the stones and then there is the "Snap" and all goes black and the game is over.

Here are the Stones and some properties I have tested and can accomplish:

1. Power Stone
Move all your Balls at once in the direction of the cue with the strength you choose.

2. Space Stone
Move one of your balls or one of your opponent's balls wherever you want, except into the hole...can be used defensively to place one of your balls in a location that blocks the other players approach to the hole.

3. Reality Stone
Make Bumper Posts Disappear and Make target Hole Bigger. I can make the room graphics go all weird during the use of this stone for fun.

4. Soul Stone
Automatically remove one of your balls or your opponent's balls .... you decide which one dies. You may choose to remove one of your opponent's Infinity Stone balls to prevent him/her from using it later.

5. Time Stone
Move back to game start or forward to game end ( the forward to current game end only is available if you currently have 2 less balls on the table than your opponent, otherwise it would be too easy to use the Time Stone to win.)

6.Mind Stone
Control one of other players balls, move to new location of your choice or similar to Power Stone hit ALL of you opponents balls at once in direction of the pool cue with the force you choose.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Instead of Choosing one Avenger Mascot, you will choose the Team Leader and be assigned 2 other Avengers to your team and they will Alternate on your turn. This is to keep it interesting and it allows for the final video sequence of an Avenger "Snapping" at games end
(In the Movie Series only Thanos, Hulk and Iron Man .....Snap )

Choosing when to use an Infinity Stone will be very strategic.

You can only use the powers of an infinity stone once per game and then the ball texture switches to a normal ball.

Using an Infinity Stone will be your turn and it will then go to then next player's turn. You don't have to use an Infinity Stone's power, you can simply sink that ball on your turn.

Apart from the use of Infinity Stones the regular rules of Bumper Pool apply.

I have thought of various configurations of game rules but the one I find most interesting allows each player a chance at having access to all the stones throughout the Competition.

What I envision is a best of 5 Infinity stone competition. First to win 3 games wins all the stones and "Snaps" the universe out of existence.

1. Game 1 Each Player is randomly assigned 1 Infinity Stone and 4 normal balls.

2. Game 2. Each Player is randomly assigned 2 Infinity Stones and 3 normal balls.

3. Game 3 (4 and 5 if necessary) Each Player is randomly assigned 3 Infinity Stones and 2 normal ball

Although Infinity stones are Randomly assigned, I think I may have it such that the same player can not receive the Time Stone in 2 successive games as it could get frustrating if that player keeps using it and making you start the current game over from the beginning....it would feel like
an eternally repeating time loop like "Ground Hog" day . LOL

View attachment Future Pinball 2021-05-21 07-17-21-20.mp4

Last edited:
I'll only be able to test this in VR next week Gimli.

I'll only be able to test this in VR next week Gimli.
Cool let me know and I will send you the VR version...I haven't implemented the above yet.
I am just doing the ground work.

Anytime after Sunday :)

WOW, so you now have statesaves!?

Looks very interesting, Bob!

I'm not really in to superhero stuff specifically, but the special balls sound like a whompingly cool idea.

Should be fun to test, when the time comes. :)

WOW, so you now have statesaves!?
save states can be done as well as net play....but that is another discussion. This is just resetting the table to the beginning

But it is still cool as a strategy when you are losing the current game

Looks very interesting, Bob!

I'm not really in to superhero stuff specifically, but the special balls sound like a whompingly cool idea.

Should be fun to test, when the time comes. :)
I was never into comics or super heroes until all the Marvel movies in the past 12 years and especially during Covid , I have watched them all.

Well I am still working on Avengers Infinity Wars Bumper Pool.
I am having a blast playing it but it still needs polish and a bunch of bugs smoothed out.

1. I added BAM spotlights to the intro while the characters are dancing...I know, I know the intro may already be getting old for some who have seen it before.

2. I added a Video of Iron Man Snap at the end of the tournement and used BAM lighting to make room go black
View attachment I am Iron.mp4

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back