Support File BAM Future Pinball and BAM Info Guide by TerryRed

Guide was updated.

- tightened up everything so the size of the guide is not as big to scroll through
- resized all images so they aren't so HUGE
- removed the Oculus Quest 2 section and moved it to a separate page dedicated for Oculus Quest 2 and BAM OpenVR (added link)

To do:

- PinEvent files, Guide, Tables and PuP-Packs still need to be posted somewhere and updated
- BAM cfg files for many FP tables needs to be made for cabinet setups
- other guide and links for DOFLinx,etc

Last edited:
I'm not resistant to helping at all with other solutions. I've done it for 100's of guys, who never had bad attitudes. They didn't give up and throw a hissy fit after the very first day they joined a site like this.

The very first thing I said was that CoinOps is the problem... and like I said before... I've seen these problem so many times from CoinOps and other packages and installers that it gets old very quick when someone comes here asking for help who has no idea how FP or BAM works... and they don't care to. They just want someone to fix it for them. I'll be damned if I'm going to waste "more" of my time on someone who can't be bothered to help themselves to some level, or at the very least attempt to help us to help them.

His problem isn't the install of FP based on what little he told us. It's either a Windows security restriction that may not allow BAM to run correctly or save cfg files (some people may need to run as admin or reduce UAC level), his GPU may be old / intel or needs a driver update, or the table itself is hard coded to change the lighting during gameplay (if we even knew what table he even tried).
Yeah, so after i wasted a whole day of my life on one single issue, i finally lost my effing temper. This shouldn't be so difficult. After nearly another day wasted i finally just turned my full attention on the table file it's self, "Gottlieb Dragon1.0 " since it was the only file i was trying to use in my new build instead of CoinOps. I downloaded something else and put that in in. Problem solved.

I'm currently using the CoinOps build and everything works as it should. I updated BAM and still good. I have found CoinOps to be the easiest solution to my needs. I literally unzipped the files i downloaded, dragged and dropped them and everything was done. No issues, hours of set up, tweaking. Front end, FP, BAM all worked as they should and every pack i've used for the last two years has been the same way. I first turned to CoinOps because I had spent a week setting up a low end hyperspin build and it was just as confusing as this when it gave me problems. Days and days of repeating the same set of instructions, finding no solutions and wasting my time.

These programs are deep and one wrong move and you're ruined. You've saved a setting that is almost impossible to change. I'm dealing with that again right now. I started Star Trek Mirror Universe and was happy to find the old cabinet sounds instead of the new TV sound sample garbage that's in every single table it seems. I pressed a key in the middle of gameplay and now all the other voice and show sound samples are back and I've been searching for hours to try and find the settings to switch it back after i've dumped all the files, even the cfg settings and can't get rid of it. The new sound samples are mixed in with the old now, so lowering the music volume or the sound volume doesn't make a difference. This is the issue. The program and settings are immense. The answers or solutions aren't always available even from someone like you Terry. This is why i chose CoinOps. Not because it's the proper solution. It just suited my needs at the time and saved my time and didn't tax my patience for days.

Last edited:
This is the problem with things like CoinOps or All in One Installers. You don't know where the table came from most likely and can't get answers from the table author. That should be the first place for help on a specific table.

Unlike MAME, FP and VPX tables are made by regular people who are not professional programmers who get paid to make tables to a very specific unified standard.

Try using the Special 1 or Special 2 key / button to see if you can get the sounds to change back. Check the FP Controls to be sure what they are for your setup.

1617933984281.png

This is the problem with things like CoinOps or All in One Installers. You don't know where the table came from most likely and can't get answers from the table author. That should be the first place for help on a specific table.

Unlike MAME, FP and VPX tables are made by regular people who are not professional programmers who get paid to make tables to a very specific unified standard.

Try using the Special 1 or Special 2 key / button to see if you can get the sounds to change back. Check the FP Controls to be sure what they are for your setup.

View attachment 19208
But I do know where the file came from. It's from a site you recommended, pinsimdb.org and I wasn't using it in my coinops build. I was using it in the new build following your explicit instructions and time after time the table file was the problem. So, almost 2 days to solve that one lol. Unfortunately i have very specific needs when i'm using these tables and they have to be in arcade dim lighting modes. The day and bright day modes are blinding on an 8ft wide screen. Oh, brings me to another issue. On some tables the under play field lights are bright in day mode but then i go to dark mode and the under play field lights dim as well as the ambient lighting. This doesn't make sense as some tables have nice bright playfield lights in dark mode. It's almost like the playfield lights are tied to the ambient lighting. It makes dark mode look like garbage. Any way around this issue?

I have used the special 1 and 2 keys and they don't bring anything up or do anything on that table it seems. I'm going to put the table in the mirrored build i have and see if the audio is the same. Seems like a logical test. Thanks for the info.

Edit: I had to turn on overlays to see what the special 1 and 2 do since the instructions for them on some games are tied in as overlays? Yep, turning overlays on brought up the instructions and in there are the dip switch settings for the audio. Fixed. Thanks for the lead.

Last edited:
Look inside the script for "Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed" and you will find something like
keycode =

Then look for the code in this table so you know what key changes the sounds.

Welcome to the ALL NEW and updated...

Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide

by TerryRed

Version 2.0, April 16, 2021

April 16, 2021: Big Update (the guide is now in PDF format!)

****** The new Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide zip is attached to the bottom of the first post! ******

- I have decided to do away with posting the guide "content" directly on the forum (it was just getting so BIG!)
- instead I have created an all new version that is now formatted in PDF / DOCX files
- both the Guide PDF and all the FP and BAM Settings files I use with the guide are now included in one zip file!
- the guide has been completely updated to include new links for all the resources you need
- added links to my other new FP related guides
- lots of new info added
- I now include over 100 BAM Table CFG files that have a perfect POV for cabinet users (for the most commonly popular FP tables)

Examples of how tables look using the new table CFG files I included (for cabinet users)

Indy Stern ULTIMATE Pro 1.062.png

Reel It In (v1.0) (p1.0)2.png

Robots Invasion (Ultra Edition) (v1.04).png

TutenKham (v1.0) (p1.0)2.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the ALL NEW and updated...

Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide

by TerryRed

Version 2.0, April 16, 2021

April 16, 2021: Big Update (the guide is now in PDF format!)

****** The new Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide zip is attached to the bottom of the first post! ******

- I have decided to do away with posting the guide "content" directly on the forum (it was just getting so BIG!)
- instead I have created an all new version that is now formatted in PDF / DOCX files
- both the Guide PDF and all the FP and BAM Settings files I use with the guide are now included in one zip file!
- the guide has been completely updated to include new links for all the resources you need
- added links to my other new FP related guides
- lots of new info added
- I now include over 100 BAM Table CFG files that have a perfect POV for cabinet users (for the most commonly popular FP tables)

Examples of how tables look using the new table CFG files I included (for cabinet users)

View attachment 19487

View attachment 19488

View attachment 19489

View attachment 19490

Hi Terry - thank you for this informative post. I'm new to this and just got an AtGames Legends Pinball machine this week. I got all the gottlieb and zaccaria tables but it leaves me wanting more because the tables are pretty dated stuff. I know they're pretty expandable/modable and ive done some very minor modding with an a1up arcade cabinet i have but i didnt do the wiring because im not good with that stuff. I just got an arcademodup bundle and plopped it in and just customized the software and games after that (im better with the software side of things)....

To make an easy transition for the AtGames Legends Pinball table to add in the Indiana Jones, ET, Terminator, etc. and newer type of tables, what do you recommend that i get to get started. I saw one member said he had a much easier time just dragging and dropping files into CoinopX (which i see is available on the legends table), or should i get a custom little PC to run inside it?

This guide is only about setting up Future Pinball and BAM, which you need a Windows PC to run.

So you need a good PC to run all the latest and greatest Future Pinball - BAM tables.

This guide is only about setting up Future Pinball and BAM, which you need a Windows PC to run.

So you need a good PC to run all the latest and greatest Future Pinball - BAM tables.

Understood. I just found the info on how it's done with the Legends Pinball Machine - thank you again

I've downloaded Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide 2.0 zip and I get "The archive is corrupt" message.
Can't open you zip file.

I just tried to download from the 1st post in this thread and the file opens without any problem.

I suggest you download again.

I just tried to download from the 1st post in this thread and the file opens without any problem.

I suggest you download again.
I did a repair using winrar and managed to open it. everything works but the *.docx file is corrupted.

Checked the download, works fine for me as well. You may have hit a gremlin in the server or had a time out during the download. Our server has file resume on downloads, but it may have just been one of those things.

Use the latest 7zip to extract it.

Checked the download, works fine for me as well. You may have hit a gremlin in the server or had a time out during the download. Our server has file resume on downloads, but it may have just been one of those things.
Updated 7zip. Everything works!!! Thanks.

Last edited:
Terry - I have installed FP through PinUPPopper and my question is what/how do I use your new installer w/the current configuration?

I don't have an installer.... just CFG files.

If you installed with Baller Installer... the only thing you ever need to update are BAM, and any CFG files for tables (if needed) for POV,etc.

I have a nice default cfg file (which Baller installed) and table cfg files. The guide tells you what they are and where they go, if you need to reinstall them.

I did use that in conjunction w/Wagner (since I have the ALP). I use j2k and when I access VPX or FX3 tables - I can add the coin and play the table. I, obviously, have something missing since I can't add coins to the FP tables.

Taking the obvious out of the way: did you check if the coin key in FP is the same assigned to VPX?

I'm watching Terry's vid at the 24:29 mark and in FP the control setting was set to Mouse?! So I changed it to HID Interface. I trust I need to map the buttons to what the actual button numbers are on my ALP.

Yes, you have to assign the same key for the same action on all pinball sims you're using.

Same key AND button? This is what I'm currently configuring. The button actions on the right I've mapped to the buttons on the ALP - do I also have to change the "game keys" on the left? 1637780274044.png

As it is configured in the screen above, it means you'll be able to used both key #6 on the keyboard and button 10 of your HID interface for "Coin 1"

Got it. I got the buttons working after mapping them however I have a question: the ALP has an accelerometer. I tried mapping the NudgeX and NudgeY to X-Axis and Y-Axis however when I 'shake/move' the table there's no ball movement.
I still have yet to figure out how to map it in VPX (not that that matters here).
Also, I have Button 9 associated w/Change Camera (which is the A button on top of my ALP control panel) but when I press "Play" (Start Game - Button 8) it also cycles through the camera view?

Regarding the camera button call FP and call the bam menu (Letter Q by default, if i'm not mistaken). Somewhere in those menus you can change the camera button. I'm fairly certain that's the problem.

For nudge you might need it to be a bit stronger. Please read this tutorial

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back