Ghostbusters (Stern, 2016)

Stern SS Recreation BAM FP Ghostbusters (Stern, 2016) v1.3 BAM

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
The sound libs rar file looks to be corrupt. I've tried downloading it 3 times.

I just downloaded and it extracts fine. It is not a corrupt file .
Try using a newer version of 7zip to extract file.
It extracts all types of files including RAR files, and it is free program.
Find here..

I just downloaded and it extracts fine. It is not a corrupt file .
Try using a newer version of 7zip to extract file.
It extracts all types of files including RAR files, and it is free program.
Find here..
Weird. There must be something screwy with my Internet connection. All three files are different sizes. The downloads must not be completing or something.

Very weird.
I am only seeing 2 files available for download, not 3.

In the past, I have found, when I get a file that says corrupt, if I install the newest 7zip, it then extracts the so called corrupt file.
Try newer 7zip, and let me know if it works.Capture.PNG

Very weird.
I am only seeing 2 files available for download, not 3.

In the past, I have found, when I get a file that says corrupt, if I install the newest 7zip, it then extracts the so called corrupt file.
Try newer 7zip, and let me know if it works.View attachment 20485

Actually, I meant that I downloaded the sounds-libs-v1.3 file three times. All three were different file sizes. The main table file uncompressed correctly.

zip-error.png

Oh ok. Misunderstood you.
Weird that the table downloads fully for you, but not the sound libs.
Sound Libs file should be 129.9 MB's when fully downloaded.
Maybe try a different browser? IE Firefox, Chrome?

Looks like it's not downloading fully...

file-info.png

When I start a game, the table goes completely dark. Is it supposed to be that way?

I don't think so, but I am not sure as I haven't installed BAM and tried this table out yet.
I will let the Future Pinball Wizards help you with that question, as I have no idea.

When I start a game, the table goes completely dark. Is it supposed to be that way?
I have played version 1.3 quite a few times and not had any problems with it. It appears fairly bright to me when the table starts and I have not made any lighting adjustments. Are you using BAM? You might open editor preferences and make sure that "Load images into editor" is unchecked. Are you having problems with other tables? Table developers have a way of setting up lighting but Smoke didn't use it so the table uses the default lighting as it is set on your PC. It could be that your default light settings are messed up. Try playing the table and use the ` or q keys to open the BAM menu. Then move your cursor up or down to highlight the "Lights" menu option and press enter. Then arrow down to "Presets" and use the left/right arrow keys to select the Day or Bright Day presets.

I have played version 1.3 quite a few times and not had any problems with it. It appears fairly bright to me when the table starts and I have not made any lighting adjustments. Are you using BAM? You might open editor preferences and make sure that "Load images into editor" is unchecked. Are you having problems with other tables? Table developers have a way of setting up lighting but Smoke didn't use it so the table uses the default lighting as it is set on your PC. It could be that your default light settings are messed up. Try playing the table and use the ` or q keys to open the BAM menu. Then move your cursor up or down to highlight the "Lights" menu option and press enter. Then arrow down to "Presets" and use the left/right arrow keys to select the Day or Bright Day presets.

It is using BAM. It's weird because (well...it's Ghostbusters after all) the only change I made was adding those sound files I had trouble downloading. After trying this time, the problem didn't happen, although the lighting was on the dark side. I went into that settings menu and adjusted the lighting to how I want it.

Thanks!

It is using BAM. It's weird because (well...it's Ghostbusters after all) the only change I made was adding those sound files I had trouble downloading. After trying this time, the problem didn't happen, although the lighting was on the dark side. I went into that settings menu and adjusted the lighting to how I want it.

Thanks!
That's great! This is an incredible table also.

Hello Smoke, a big thank you for this super nice table.
Also, is there (in the script) a simple way to have "the camera following the ball (scroll on)".
thank you in advance.
Bil
Open Script and find "initTrakedSoundBalls()" below that will be the names of balls used during game play, ie. zp1.CreateBall, zp2. etc.
Change to "CreateCaptive Ball" see example below. This will allow the camera to follow main ball during game play and also allows for scrolling.

Also change the following things on the playfield editor:
Move "table flipper line" down to aprox .Y= 1040. This puts the line for camera just above center line of main flippers.
Move " table center line" X = 257 center between both flippers, as it's off to one side originally.

initTrakedSoundBalls()

zp1.CreateCaptiveBall
zp2.CreateCaptiveBall
zp3.CreateCaptiveBall
zp4.CreateCaptiveBall
zp5.CreateCaptiveBall
zp6.CreateCaptiveBall

KickerNudge.CreateCaptiveBall

EndOfGame()

Last edited:
Great table. I love it.
I am using 1.3 everything works but on the backglass and DMD there is no movement.

Any ideas on what I should do ?

I just read the note
'CABINET USERS
'==============
'to have the DMD working on the backglass do the following respecting the order:
' 1/delete HUD DMD
' 2/rename the backglass DMD into ->"MyDmd"

The idea for cab users wanting DMD on backglass is correct. You need to click on "Translight" in editor to display both DMD.
First click on the HudDMD at the top left of screen and hit delete, then click on DispDMD and rename from [ Name= MyDMDxxxx] to MyDMD
Don't forget to save when done!

Hopefully this is the fix you are looking for.

I just tried downloading both v 1.3 files from PN and they both extracted perfectly. I'm not sure why Quickdraw19 was having trouble.

The idea for cab users wanting DMD on backglass is correct. You need to click on "Translight" in editor to display both DMD.
First click on the HudDMD at the top left of screen and hit delete, then click on DispDMD and rename from [ Name= MyDMDxxxx] to MyDMD
Don't forget to save when done!

Hopefully this is the fix you are looking for.
All good.
Im surprised on how fast it loads up as well.
Once again well done.

smoke submitted a new resource:

Ghostbusters (Stern) - based on JP salas ghostbusters code

Read more about this resource...
Hi smoke very nice table, is there a chance to see one of this days a small update with the camera follow the ball, even when the option is activate in FP it did not work. If somone can doing that for FP community (and for me :) ) it will be great! Hope...
Thank's

Hi smoke very nice table, is there a chance to see one of this days a small update with the camera follow the ball, even when the option is activate in FP it did not work. If somone can doing that for FP community (and for me :) ) it will be great! Hope...
Thank's
I am away but you can try changing in script under Sub CreateNewBall

createball.plungerkicker

change to

createcaptiveball.plungerkicker

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back