Ghostbusters (Stern, 2016)

Stern SS Recreation BAM FP Ghostbusters (Stern, 2016) v1.3 BAM

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
how do i get this to work what are the steps to install it into my future pinball build

@jtran15570
I am not the Future Pinball Expert on this site, but I will try to help you.
First make sure you have latest BAM installed.

There are 2 files that need to be downloaded.
Lets start with the sound files.

The sound files package is labeled "ghostbusters_table_sounds-libs-v1.3"
The contents of this sound lib package needs to be moved to your Libraries folder, (where Future Pinball is installed.)

The table package is labeled "ghostbusters_table_main-1.3"
It includes 6 items.
I just kept these items all in same folder as table and it seems to work for me.

Hope this helps you.

Newer tables like this, and my own newer releases are more demanding for ram usage than older FP tables.

Both FP and VPX are old apps, so they need to be completely closed EVERY time you exit a table or want to load and play another table. You avoid MANY problems by doing this.

BAM always needs to be updated to the latest version.

You also will need to patch FP and BAM to access 4 GB for my newer releases coming out. This means your PC needs to be running on a 64 bit Windows, and have at least 6 GB ram or more, and a decent GPU with a good amount of VRAM. More info about doing that is here:

FPLoader.exe needs to be set to run in Windows 8 compatibility to prevent crashing.

You need to be using the correct settings for FP and Editor settings. It matters. Reducing / changing anything means the table may not run correctly... it may crash... or the table itself may have terrible lighting problems, as many tables are designed with 7 hardware lights being needed. If your PC can't run games smoothly with these settings... then you need a faster PC. This isn't 2008 anymore.

If your GPU has lower VRAM, then you can try to enable "Use Texture Compression" to see if that helps. It may mean the tables take longer to load.

FP Video and Editor settings.jpg

The reason its recommended to NOT enable "Load Images into the Table Editor" is because it will give no benefit to anyone who just "plays" the games. If you have that option enabled and just play the game... the table will load will all textures into the Editor when it first loads the table... and then when you get to the Loading Screen, FP will load all the textures AGAIN. For SLAMT1LT tables, or some of my newer releases, that means you are taking almost twice the amount of time just to load and play the table, and that adds up!

Update: Trilinear Filtering. It used to offer no visual benefit. I just tested it and now it seems to make a big difference. It does however make ALL tables take MUCH longer to load and play! Read more in my response below.

Install all *.fpl files into the "Future Pinball \ Libraries" folder.

Install all *.vbs files in "Future Pinball \ Scripts" folder.

Install the table file into Tables folder.

Run FPLoader.exe (in BAM folder) to start FP and then load the table and play.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Actually... I stand corrected.

It seems that Trilinear Filtering DOES make a graphical improvement! For years, this setting seemed to make no change on FP. Maybe it was more on cabinet views.... but for whatever reason it never seemed to help much... even if I forced it in GPU driver settings.

I just tested it on Star Wars DSA GE, and sure enough... it finally makes a very nice difference in the wire ramps / x-wing fighter and anything that has bump maps.

My guess, is that it's more noticeable with BAM's New Renderer, and the newer lighting techniques we've been using.

So now.... my current recommendation is to try enabling it and see if it makes a difference.... keeping in mind that it will take longer to load the table with this enabled.

FP Video and Editor settings.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

I Can't download the files. The files are corrupt.
Any helps, please.

@pale
I just downloaded both files and they extracted fine, and are not corrupt.
Maybe try using a different browser?
The file sizes should be...
ghostbusters_table_main-1.3 = 117,148 KB
ghostbusters_table_sounds-libs-v1.3 = 133,005 KB

Hope this helps you.

@pale
I just downloaded both files and they extracted fine, and are not corrupt.
Maybe try using a different browser?
The file sizes should be...
ghostbusters_table_main-1.3 = 117,148 KB
ghostbusters_table_sounds-libs-v1.3 = 133,005 KB

Hope this helps you.
Xenonph

Thanks for your help, I can download the files using a VPN. I think I was blocked for some reason.

hi, the dark night mode continues to activate by itself despite having downloaded this version and updated BAM. can you help me ? Thank you

hi, the dark night mode continues to activate by itself despite having downloaded this version and updated BAM. can you help me ? Thank you

I verified your problem. I searched the script for xBAM.Lights which is what Smoke would have used to add lighting to the script. It is not used. I can't figure out why the Dark Night mode can't be changed. Well. you can change it for the current game but it reverts back to Dark Night when you close and reopen the table.

I figured out a color DMD for it. Just save the attachment in the same folder as the table and give it the same name as the table. You must change the Matrix Color of the DMD to pure white for it to work.

Attachments

• ```ghostbusters.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 35
it's in the external script for ballrolling

ok, first of all i would like to thank you for the help, the problem seems solved, i used this method : re-patched Future Pinball.exe and FPLoader with the 4gb patch and :
in scripts ZBRrollingballsoundslibGB.vbs search for

sub DayNightLightUpdate

and add exit sub

sub DayNightLightUpdate
dim tmpInterpol
exit sub
after that : i opened the ghostbusters table, changed the "dark night" options in "day" and saved the settings in the xml file of the table (just that one not the "global default" one). I use retrobat as a frontend and even closing and reopening the retrobat and the table, configurations remain memorized.

ok, first of all i would like to thank you for the help, the problem seems solved, i used this method : re-patched Future Pinball.exe and FPLoader with the 4gb patch and :

after that : i opened the ghostbusters table, changed the "dark night" options in "day" and saved the settings in the xml file of the table (just that one not the "global default" one). I use retrobat as a frontend and even closing and reopening the retrobat and the table, configurations remain memorized.

You must always play the table at night because I noticed the code changes the lighting depending on the time of day. It makes it brighter during the day and darker at night.

If you like the idea of changing the brightness depending on the time of day, you can make adjustments in the external VBS file here:

Code:
DayMainLightProperties =      Array(1.0,    1.0,   1.0,  0.125)
DayOtherLightsAttenuation =   Array(1.0,    0.0,   0.0)

NightMainLightProperties =    Array(1.0,    0.2,   1.5,  0.025)
NightOtherLightsAttenuation = Array(0.066,  0.0,   0.333)
NightLightsBrightnessBOOST=2.5

The DayMainLightProperties and NightMainLightProperties are the same as "Main Light Attenuation" in the BAM menu.

DayOtherLightsAttenuation and NightOtherLightsAttenuation are the same as "Attenuation of Table Lights" in the BAM menu.

NightLightsBrightnessBOOST changes the brightness of "all" lights, bulbs, shaped lights.

Last edited:
I verified your problem. I searched the script for xBAM.Lights which is what Smoke would have used to add lighting to the script. It is not used. I can't figure out why the Dark Night mode can't be changed. Well. you can change it for the current game but it reverts back to Dark Night when you close and reopen the table.

I figured out a color DMD for it. Just save the attachment in the same folder as the table and give it the same name as the table. You must change the Matrix Color of the DMD to pure white for it to work.
love the table .... like your work ... pure art.
but how do i change Matrix Color of the DMD to pure white
in the script? or in the table settings? where do i find it?
please help...
thx in advance

You have to press translite "button" in the GUI. DMDs and HUDs are there.

THANKS AnonTet for the quick reply..
love your work on furure pinball.
and all the people that keeps future pinball going forward..better and better.

Mods of this table should be posted in a separate topic I think, since they are not smoke's own updates.

Newer tables like this, and my own newer releases are more demanding for ram usage than older FP tables.

Both FP and VPX are old apps, so they need to be completely closed EVERY time you exit a table or want to load and play another table. You avoid MANY problems by doing this.

BAM always needs to be updated to the latest version.

You also will need to patch FP and BAM to access 4 GB for my newer releases coming out. This means your PC needs to be running on a 64 bit Windows, and have at least 6 GB ram or more, and a decent GPU with a good amount of VRAM. More info about doing that is here:

FPLoader.exe needs to be set to run in Windows 8 compatibility to prevent crashing.

You need to be using the correct settings for FP and Editor settings. It matters. Reducing / changing anything means the table may not run correctly... it may crash... or the table itself may have terrible lighting problems, as many tables are designed with 7 hardware lights being needed. If your PC can't run games smoothly with these settings... then you need a faster PC. This isn't 2008 anymore.

If your GPU has lower VRAM, then you can try to enable "Use Texture Compression" to see if that helps. It may mean the tables take longer to load.

View attachment 25281

The reason its recommended to NOT enable "Load Images into the Table Editor" is because it will give no benefit to anyone who just "plays" the games. If you have that option enabled and just play the game... the table will load will all textures into the Editor when it first loads the table... and then when you get to the Loading Screen, FP will load all the textures AGAIN. For SLAMT1LT tables, or some of my newer releases, that means you are taking almost twice the amount of time just to load and play the table, and that adds up!

Update: Trilinear Filtering. It used to offer no visual benefit. I just tested it and now it seems to make a big difference. It does however make ALL tables take MUCH longer to load and play! Read more in my response below.

Install all *.fpl files into the "Future Pinball \ Libraries" folder.

Install all *.vbs files in "Future Pinball \ Scripts" folder.

Install the table file into Tables folder.

Run FPLoader.exe (in BAM folder) to start FP and then load the table and play.

Enjoy.
So in the script it says thi
'CABINET USERS
'==============
'to have the DMD working on the backglass do the following respecting the order:
' 1/delete HUD DMD
' 2/rename the backglass DMD into ->"MyDmd"
s
Being kinda new to this I am not sure what you mean there is no HUD DMD? Or Backglass DMD for that matter not sure what this means?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: GotBrawndo is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back