GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
GeorgeH submitted a new resource:

Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984) - Updated Sepeteus's version with the latest features of BAM. Added Tomasaco's models and textures.

"Space Shuttle" from Williams is the first solid state production pinball machine to have a playfield toy. Of course, it is the model of the space shuttle. Sepeteus published his version of this table on Future Pinball back in 2011. I have updated it with the latest features of BAM and added models and textures from Tomasaco.

I never really played this table very much until I added what I call a "Sound Level Control Panel" in the script. Many of the original sounds were too loud and others...

Read more about this resource...

Nice job...G!!

Well, that looks just gorgeous, and clean, with a nice, dark environment!

I notice that the IPDB has a whopping five pages of flyer literature for this game. One other thing I noticed is that this was evidently the first solid state production machine to feature a PF toy. Seems like earlier games like Black Knight or Haunted House would have had some, but I guess not.

Btw, for anyone reading who doesn't like FP, we also have a wonderful VP version here.

Apologies to George if I'm babbling too much in your release thread. In any case, nice work! :D

Edit: I'm thinking you might want to unpin one of your featured tables in resources, and pin this one in its place. I assume you can do that as a global mod, but let me know if there's any difficulty. Even if you don't want to do that for this table, it would be good if you at least know how that works.

Last edited:
What a Lot of work! But it looks fantastic!
Thank you very much for this wonderful table and for many others that you shared before.

Thanks guys. I do consider this my best effort so far.

Plus it is not too hard on resources even @Ike Savage should be able to play it.

ok...for fun, i did the hud ... you use the cabinet right G?
so the background is black, but I can make it semi-transparent
hud-sh.jpg

there is the HudSegCredit that I need to adjust.

so what do you think G?

It looks really nice. The black background looks good. Does it block view of the table when in "Full Table 2" view?

George... I think you are the only person who types up more text than me when you release a new table, :)

Your documented descriptions of your work can be very helpful to those who don't realize the immense amount of wokr that goes into your updates.

This looks really nice!

The lighting and shadows,etc really make a huge difference on the table... and it plays great too.

I really haven't had time to play other tables much, but I'm trying to at least check them out.

George... I think you are the only person who types up more text than me when you release a new table, :)

Your documented descriptions of your work can be very helpful to those who don't realize the immense amount of wokr that goes into your updates.

This looks really nice!

The lighting and shadows,etc really make a huge difference on the table... and it plays great too.

I really haven't had time to play other tables much, but I'm trying to at least check them out.

Thanks!

I like to write. I know there are some folks that don't read it but if they do they get an idea of how much work it takes. Hopefully they read enough to know to open the menu by pressing the Special 2 key.

The game play works better than it did originally. The ball would often go partially up the 2 chutes for the ball lock and then roll back, so I fixed it by moving the side walls around. Then you couldn't hit the 3 bank of drop targets next to the spinner and I made changes so you can cradle the ball with the right flipper and aim to hit the targets. A good strategy is to light the 3 bumpers and then start multiball and you will get more points.

Does it block view of the table when in "Full Table 2" view?
judge for yourself.....
hud2.jpg

but why don't you use an all hud on / off variable?

EDIT:
this question of yours made me think something ..... this table has the possibility to play in multiball, you have not inserted the custom camera of bam, for the multiball?

but why don't you use an all hud on / off variable?

EDIT:
this question of yours made me think something ..... this table has the possibility to play in multiball, you have not inserted the custom camera of bam, for the multiball?

The overlay looks good, You might send it to me and I can add it to the next version of the table.

The menu has an option for HUD on and off, or you can press the HUD Toggle Key.

I have played multiball on it many times and it doesn't seem to need the custom camera. I can see everything I need to on the Full Table 2 view or on the rotated display which is similar to the view on a pinball cabinet.

The overlay looks good, You might send it to me and I can add it to the next version of the table.
ok...but you have to move your hud as well to sync them in my hud......I send you the table so you can see how I moved them..ok?

I have played multiball on it many times and it doesn't seem to need the custom camera. I can see everything I need to on the Full Table 2 view or on the rotated display which is similar to the view on a pinball cabinet.
ok....but so you only think about your way of playing .... you should also think about those who don't have your way of playing ... for example .... I have a desktop, and I don't play in "Full Table" mode, or rotated display mode(I can't, by the way) but in configuration scrolling2, and each one has its own configuration .... for example I prefer to play in scrolling2 mode and then I always have to press the "full viev" button to play the multiball? the custom camera was also designed for this you know?

if you insert the custom camera (as I do) in the multiball recall "sub", you do not need to press any key, when the multiball ends in the "endmultiball" "sub" for example, which activates in drain .... puts the custom camera reset

here is an example

' custom camera choice "deny" or "allow"
xBAM.Camera.RequestForControl

Sub MultiballStart()
'custom camera start
xBAM.Camera.DesktopSet 480.3, 1071.7, 371.9, 487.2, 740.8, 0, 50, 400--->is an example, but you create it as you see fit
End Sub

Sub MultibalEnd()
'custom camera reset
xBAM.Camera.DesktopRelease time
End Sub

Last edited:
OK. Go ahead and send the whole table.

I suppose if there are folks that give me feedback that they play like that I will consider adding the custom camera. To be honest, I have not heard of anyone playing the table like that.

I suppose if there are folks that give me feedback that they play like that I will consider adding the custom camera. To be honest, I have not heard of anyone playing the table like that.

I'm the first ..... but do you really think nobody plays in scrolling2 ... or some other way? even if they don't tell you

ok...here the table

Attachments

• hud.zip
    23.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Actually... that's something I never thought about was playing multiball in scrolling view... and you can't see / follow all balls. This explains why SLAMT1LT adds a different camera view for multiball in his tables.

Actually... that's something I never thought about was playing multiball in scrolling view... and you can't see / follow all balls. This explains why SLAMT1LT adds a different camera view for multiball in his tables.
that's exactly what I do too.....which by the way I also explained you Terry

that's exactly what I do too.....which by the way I also explained you Terry

Yah, since I mostly play on a cabinet... I don't even see the camera prompt at all... so I never had the thought of not seeing all the balls at one time.

@GeorgeH

I think I may have found a problem. The original might have played like that too but just in case, let me point out that the left flipper does not change the U S A lights like the right flipper does.

@GeorgeH

I think I may have found a problem. The original might have played like that too but just in case, let me point out that the left flipper does not change the U S A lights like the right flipper does.
Actually, the real table works that way. I did however make an option in the menu that is switchable so that both flippers operate the lane lights like they do on tables that were built after this one. I found it distracting to not have to have both flippers work but there are some folks that want the table to play exactly like the original so I made it switchable in the menu. The text on the right side of the apron changes to indicate which option you selected.

Perfect. I prefer original just as well. thanks

I'm getting errors on this table only. can someone please check this download?
thanks

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back