Playboy (Bally, 1978) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation Playboy (Bally, 1978) VP8 v3.1 VPM 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Playboy (Bally, 1978) VP8 v3.1 VPM
by Kurt Herman aka scapino
IPD No. 1823

Thanks to Mad Gun, Jouster, Gaston and Guittar
for their previous versions.
And thanks to inkochnito for his dip setter.

Note from Xenonph:
This table needs to be played using VP6. The display is messed up when using VP8.
Find VP6.exe here..
If you have display problems with any older VP8 tables, try playing them with VP6 and 99% of the time it will fix your display problems.

Revision History:
Second Release v3.1

I changed the size of the larger graphics (menu reel and text lines reel in the dip display).
Made them smaller then 800 pixels wide, as emkaah reported that this fixed the strange blurring problem with some ATI cards.

Thanks to feedback from RipleYYY, I.....

Fine tuned the flipper positions to get rid of "hop" off the rails.
Increased the size of some of the rollover switches, because of missed hits.
Slightly re-positioned the SPSA light.

First Release v3.0

I call it 3.0 just to differentiate it from the previous released 2.0 by Jouster and Gaston.

This is a classic Bally SS pin.

For this version, I completely modeled and rendered the table. I've done a couple new things
this time.

The playfield lights have 4 frames of animation, instead of 2. This makes them "fading" lights.
There are 4 levels of intensity from off to on. Thanks to PacDude for his pioneering work with
fading lights of the regular VP style, I thought I'd give rendered fading lights a go. I think
it looks pretty good...:)

For this table, I also animated for the first time (for me anyway), the wire gate at the
entrance to the grotto.

I've added also one of my patented "special" modes. Seems this particular table can run up
quite a bonus, which takes forever to count down....so...
I added "Extra Mode", to give you something to look at and listen to while the bonus counts
down.

Just follow the directions in the menu for turning it on. The table defaults to the normal real
life mode of operation.

As always, this table is completely adjustable (the dips are adjustable)with both my own dip
adjuster, and also inkochnito's.

You can set replay levels using the '7' key.

This release requires VP6 or better, and VPM 1.20 or better.

Enjoy Playboy!

Kurt Herman
[email protected]
Rules:
1 TO 4 FOR
CAN PLAY INSTRUCTIONS AMUSEMENT
ONLY

* MAKING 5 KEYS IST TIME LITES 2X; 2ND TIME 3X; 3RD TIME 5X; 4TH TIME AND EACH ADDITIONAL TIME SCORES SPECIAL.

* KNOCKING ALL TARGETS DOWN 1ST TIME LITES TARGET SPECIAL AND OUTLANES FOR 25,000 POINTS. 2ND AND EACH ADDITIONAL TIME SCORES 1 REPLAY WHEN SPECIAL IS LIT.

* MAKING ALL 5 PLAYMATES 1ST TIME LITES ROLLOVER BUTTON FOR EXTRA BALL. 2ND TIME LITES ROLLOVER BUTTON FOR SPECIAL.

* PLAYER ACHIEVING BONUS SCORE OF 20,000 OR MORE POINTS LITES SUPER BONUS. BONUS SCORE STARTS AT 20,000 POINTS WHEN SUPER BONUS IS LIT.

* MAXIMUM 1 EXTRA BALL PER BALL IN PLAY.

* TILT PENALTY -- BALL IN PLAY
ROM------------------>
  • Playboy (Bally, 1978) VP8 v3.1 VPM.jpg
    Playboy (Bally, 1978) VP8 v3.1 VPM.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 114
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back