Cosmic Princess (LAI, 1979)

SS Recreation FizX BAM FP Cosmic Princess (LAI, 1979) 1.7.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
@AnonTet
Why do you don't make a menu? You don't have many options and they are easy to manage (according to the manual).

Fun fact: I did read this table's manual when I started doing it and considered doing a menu for operator switches.

But, since you asked:
- I rarely use them and when I do is more out of curiosity
- which is why I never implemented the operator switches :D
- limited time means I prefer to spend time applying fizX to other tables than in menus.

Generally, the switches are not the same for 3 or 5 balls game.

But they do have that option in this table :)

@Popotte
Not a menu, but it is still an improvement :)

AnonTet updated Cosmic Princess (LAI, 1979) with a new update entry:

New features, bugs squashed

' Table Release v1.5.4
' - Glass height set to realistic values. This table has almost no depth (JLou noticed that)
' - Added ball destroyer, just in case a ball is stuck after tilt
' - balls per game is now saved: default 5 for 1st time
' - New minimal GameRoom (thanks JLou for the model and texture)
' - Corrected a bug that cause an error on load if fpRAM was reset
' - SSF sound bug fix by TerryRed
' - brought back the cameras for different game states
' - other sound bugs corrected that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

first time I played it I got over 600000 points on the first ball and didnt get a replay, the drop targets were stuck down after completing the second bank of 3 and the 3x multiplier didnt work, 1000 points kept getting randomly scored with the ball trapped by a flipper (I suspect one of the spinners is the culprit) and the bonus collection countdown timing was insanely fast. So I exited that game and replayed, only for once again getting over 600000 points on the first ball with no replay but this time the drop targets worked correctly, completing the 'special' but after draining the machine was stuck on the first ball, the drop targets kept resetting in five bank mode and no multipliers were added. This happened five balls in a row before finally going to ball number 2. By this time I was over a million points and still no replays.....

first time I played it I got over 600000 points on the first ball and didnt get a replay, the drop targets were stuck down after completing the second bank of 3 and the 3x multiplier didnt work, 1000 points kept getting randomly scored with the ball trapped by a flipper (I suspect one of the spinners is the culprit) and the bonus collection countdown timing was insanely fast. So I exited that game and replayed, only for once again getting over 600000 points on the first ball with no replay but this time the drop targets worked correctly, completing the 'special' but after draining the machine was stuck on the first ball, the drop targets kept resetting in five bank mode and no multipliers were added. This happened five balls in a row before finally going to ball number 2. By this time I was over a million points and still no replays.....

Whenever I had problems like that the solution is to exit the table, exit FP, make sure you have no fp instances running in task manager and launch table again.

In fact whenever you exit a table, just clos FP too to avoid really weird issues.
It's like using manual rolling ball. Some how it breaks a table for me starting with the left flipper not working :) (no matter what table)

I don't remember the replay code at all (if at all). Been a long time now.... Actually, didn't it come as extra ball? I remember something in the manual about getting extra credit or extra ball... Either that or I decided extra credit is a bit irrelevant in virtual pinball and that the extra ball was a better ideia... Maybe not :)

I'll have a look at that.

Regarding points still being awarded in the background is because diferente points 100, 1000, 10000 (if I'm not mistaken) are sumed at different speeds. I recall this from VPX table.

That's the kind of sound that works really well in a cabinet with SSF (surround sound feedback) and transducers.

I could imagine it would. The coil hum has a fair amount of bass content.

I have a small, old downfiring subwoofer I use next to my PC as a poor-man's alternative (I use both headphones and a subwoofer, it actually works fairly well).

Thanks a lot for everything.
I'm getting this error, do you know why? :bonk:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 204613.png

@eliory
This is the same table as before but with FizX v3. The one requisite is to have latest BAM (at the moment of this writing is 1.5-363)

I update my BAM as needed and it's works like a charm now :) thanks

I am getting this error message on version 1.5.5. Any suggestions on what I have done wrong? Thanks

fp issue.jpeg

I am getting this error message on version 1.5.5. Any suggestions on what I have done wrong? Thanks

View attachment 37790

If you look 2 posts up from yours, you will see someone else had the same problem, and the solution was given by AnonTet.
(Most of the time, reading the posts in the support topic will reveal solutions to your problems.)

You need to update your BAM to newest version.
Find newest version here...

If you look 2 posts up from yours, you will see someone else had the same problem, and the solution was given by AnonTet.
(Most of the time, reading the posts in the support topic will reveal solutions to your problems.)

You need to update your BAM to newest version.
Find newest version here...
Yes - I caught that and edited my post, but I must have done something wrong because the edit didn't show. Sorry for not looking closer first. Thanks

Yes - I caught that and edited my post, but I must have done something wrong because the edit didn't show. Sorry for not looking closer first. Thanks
No need to apologise.
I have done the same thing before.
We are all human.
Now you can enjoy this masterpiece!
Have fun!

Great table! I like seeing how you incorporated the different aspects of things like spinners and gates. I did notice that the wire trigger "TriggerGateLeft" is currently rendering in the upper-left area and it's noticeable when playing on top-down view. Very minor!
1707452788961.png

Thanks for noticing and reporting.
Unfortunately I'm out of coding, pinball, or pretty much anything else for the time being so, hopefully I'll remember this when the time comes to update tables I've released.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back