Cosmic Princess (LAI, 1979)

SS Recreation FizX BAM FP Cosmic Princess (LAI, 1979) 1.7.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
I also have the same thing with my cabinet but generally all tables are affected. It's not an issue associated with the table itself even with the gain increased for the analog plunger axis in the FP control options. I would also like to know how others with cabs have fixed this.

I wonder if we have to add values in the table script to increase the analog plunger strength without affecting the digital plunger strength.

I have the Zebsboards plunger V4

Please nudge me if you find a solution so I can change the code. You were just appointed beta tester for this by the way :D

I'll report back when I find the time to mount the plunger on my controller although I have a KL25Z board for this.

Please nudge me if you find a solution so I can change the code. You were just appointed beta tester for this by the way :D

I'll report back when I find the time to mount the plunger on my controller although I have a KL25Z board for this.
Challenge accepted! :D

So yeah, I can confirm that this happens on all Future Pinball tables I've tried (with FizX and the old physics).

If I understand the physics code:

-Autoplunger being the launch button
-Plunger being the pull and release plunger which you can decide on amount of force

If this is inaccurate, please let me know.

Continuing the tests...

As an example of an older Slam table physics code, the plunger force is set to 50000 less than the autoplunger and the ball does what freebird describes by pulling fully on my digital plunger:
' <autoplunger mass="20000.0" force="60000.0"></autoplunger>

' <plunger mass="20000.0" force="10000.0"></plunger>

Using your physics from your 1.3 Cosmic Princess, both are the same, yet the issue happens, the ball does the same as freebird describes by pulling fully on my digital plunger:

' <autoplunger mass="200000.0" force="30000.0"></autoplunger>

' <plunger mass="200000.0" force="30000.0"></plunger>

Increasing only the plunger force to 90000.0 seemed to resolve it, and didn't seem to affect the force of the digital launch button. I say seemed to resolve it since it works but is not consistent plus I believe that we can increase the maximum gain of +2 in the option to more in the registry.

1 out of 3 shots will not be exit the launch lane. The one that works, will simulate about the same force as using the launch button and going full force. Palm smashing to launch the ball also doesn't work in FP. So my theory is that FP doesn't seem to like digital plungers in my opinion, or at least my digital plunger.

In VPX, my digital plunger is consistent, doesn't require editing the table and palm smashing works fine.

Maybe others with different cabinet plungers can chime in but I wouldn't touch your code for now while we try to figure what the issue is (FP, physics plunger force strength, or the digital plungers)

PS: I did not test increasing the plunger strength on the playfield editor as this would affect and make the plunger too strong for non cabinet players.

EDIT: I had to increase my plungers Z axis gain in the registry to +8 instead of the default max +2 that you can do in the FP controller options. My plunger pulls and force release are now consistent at 100% force and the ball always leaves the plunger lane and the top.

So it's clearly not your table that has an issue. It was FP's max gain that was too low for me, which should be the same for Freebird. I actually used your first post AnonTet in this post and applied it to the plunger axis instead of the nudging axis. https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/analog-nudge-in-fp.19833/

So Freebird, edit the registry if with +2 gain in the controller options doesn't give you the results you are looking for. If you have questions you can send me a message directly since I think we can consider this matter closed as far as Cosmic Princess is concerned.

Last edited:
When using the Fizx table, I find it difficult to hit the spinners when holding the ball on a flipper and then aiming for the spinners. Maybe it is just my advanced age?

When using the Fizx table, I find it difficult to hit the spinners when holding the ball on a flipper and then aiming for the spinners. Maybe it is just my advanced age?
No your right, it is very difficult and you have the get the ball to the very tip for it to work and it doesn't always work. Not sure if this is intended for this table though since I never played the real version.

There are only a couple of (bad) videos on the net and in all it seems hard to actually make those shots so I have it set up to mimic that. Also because if you make the top rollovers twice you get 100k (if I recall correctly :D ) and we don't want to make it easy because you can do it only once. I'll think about it and see if in version 1.31 I change that.

But it is possible to do. There is another reason for that though. Me playing VPX tables and rare access to real pinball tables to compare. Still, pinball tables were always, i think, more on the narrow shots (ball to center) than wider shots (shoot right above slingshots).

So, to hit the spinners as it is, you shot get the ball as near to the tip of the flipper and instead of "press and hold" try to press the button and release. Not a tap but a short press :)

Ok thanks. I just thought that the fizx would make things more acurate for aiming but if the tables plays that way, so be it.

Hi, I can't run this table, find error line 280

Ok thanks. I just thought that the fizx would make things more acurate for aiming but if the tables plays that way, so be it.

It was my interpretation based on what I was able to find. Of course if could be due to a lot of factors but I really don't have any other reference so I went with my preference.

FizX obviously makes everything better but at the end of the day it's software that needs configuration. For example, I can make so you can live catch every single time...

I'll make the shot easier in the next version but still not so obvious to get. After all, some shots are more difficult than others :) It is also a simple table so if it is too easy it'll be boring even quicker.

On a side note I never though this table to have so much feedback (if at all) and I have to thank you all for playing and the feedback. Another version will come.

Hi, I can't run this table, find error line 280
Yes, like @AnonTet says, i have the same error, you need to update to 1_5_351 bam version and it works!

The table is playable perfect! Some ball movements to gets better step by step in the future, but tis is the way mates!!! Congratulations!!!

In the script search for AimRange = 0 and set it to 10. Here it makes it easy but you can reduce to find a good compromise.

I'd appreciate your feedback on how it behaves to you.

Physics and FizX doesn't just automatically make all table plays "the same" or to each person's preference. Each table will vary based on the layout / geometry, and the settings added to the table.

Anyone can adjust FizX settings to their liking.

As for plungers.... even if a table has a plunger and its working perfect on the table... if you use an analogue control with it... I always found with FP you needed to pull the plunger to the position you want, and keep it there for at least 1 to 2 seconds before releasing. Then it will fire with the proper amount of power based on how far back its pulled (assuming it's setup correctly on a table).

Digital plunger buttons handle it differently than an analogue control, so they usually work fine.

In the script search for AimRange = 0 and set it to 10. Here it makes it easy but you can reduce to find a good compromise.

I'd appreciate your feedback on how it behaves to you.

Yes, setting aimrange to 10 does make a difference. Thanks for the info.

How can I view the backbox/glass during gameplay (ie. before I shoot the ball)? The <Tab> key usually does it but doesn't seem to work for this table.

Thanks

As you say it always worked but it has been a while since I actually used it so I did not test.
For now the only reason I can think of is because the preset camera views... I'll have a look so keep an eye on this space :)

How can I view the backbox/glass during gameplay (ie. before I shoot the ball)? The <Tab> key usually does it but doesn't seem to work for this table.

Thanks
Yeah I think it was intentional since the camera is taken over and moves from the playfield to the backglass. If you press C to change the camera view, it will allow you to use tab again to view the backbox, until the table resets and the camera is taken over again.

Often you will see a prompt asking if you permit the camera to be controlled but for this table it is not doing this.

Thanks for the confirmation Runner.
I've already decided not to use this in future tables I might release/update so I might as well remove it on this table and Spectrum as well.

I suppose we all agree on this :)

/edit
@jimform2k1
For now you can simply comment any line that has "CameraView_"

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation Runner.
I've already decided not to use this in future tables I might release/update so I might as well remove it on this table and Spectrum as well.

I suppose we all agree on this :)
Well if you like the feature you could still leave it in and your future releases but add a prompt at the start asking if you want to allow or deny the camera control like others have done.

I just tested adding this to your table right under Option Explicit and it worked with both allow and deny. With DENY I could tab all game long without having to change camera view, and ALLOW would control the camera and prevent me from checking the backglass.

If (xBAM.Camera.ScriptControl = FALSE) Then
xBAM.Camera.RequestForControl
End If

I know I can do that. It's just that even I am not as fond of it as I was back then. But I like even less that option popping up on the screen. Manually selecting that was the only way for what it seemed to me the longest time). I always edited the tables to disable that :D

I know I can do that. It's just that even I am not as fond of it as I was back then. But I like even less that option popping up on the screen. Manually selecting that was the only way for what it seemed to me the longest time). I always edited the tables to disable that :D
I agree with you, I always remove it too for my cabinet. :)

Sorry for double post but totally different issue.

@Runner @freebird1963
Back to plunger thing, there's also another problem with it; the strength slider in the GUI. I don't know why it was all the way to the left but I think it is better to correct this now than later where we need to recall all this debug thing again (and I won't :D )

So please, change plunger force parameter in the XML (and maybe autoplunger force too) back to 30000 and adjust the .Z analog axis for it. I say this because it's how it'll be in next version and then it'll still work for you... hopefully :)

Side note: I was the creator of the analog thread and I did not remember that. I would if I already had my plunger mounted as I was supposed to have already I'm too lazy these days to work on my control panel... it's because the heat... yeah, i'll stick to this excuse :D

Anon, do you know why your surface textures are going beyond the actual surface dimensions set in the editor?

This is happening on all of your surfaces on Cosmic Princess, but not on your Spectrum table.

Cosmic Princess v1.3 (AnonTet, JLou).png

Oh c'mon. Don't use the fly cam and rotate the monitor the other way :p :D

seriously I can actually explain that. CP was actually built from scratch (my 1st table) and Bally Spectrum was just an update where I didn't have to create anything, only moved on every single object (headache) to match the new playfield.

Back to drawing board. Lets see how well can I fix that... for next version.

PS: the plunger slider should be in the middle

Sorry for double post but totally different issue.

@Runner @freebird1963
Back to plunger thing, there's also another problem with it; the strength slider in the GUI. I don't know why it was all the way to the left but I think it is better to correct this now than later where we need to recall all this debug thing again (and I won't :D )

So please, change plunger force parameter in the XML (and maybe autoplunger force too) back to 30000 and adjust the .Z analog axis for it. I say this because it's how it'll be in next version and then it'll still work for you... hopefully :)

Side note: I was the creator of the analog thread and I did not remember that. I would if I already had my plunger mounted as I was supposed to have already I'm too lazy these days to work on my control panel... it's because the heat... yeah, i'll stick to this excuse :D
I noticed it was to the far left in the GUI but I didn't change it. I did revert the XML forces back to 30000 since that hadn't made a difference. I only increased the gain of the Z analog axis in the registry and that solved it on Cosmic Princess and also on another one I tested which was doing the same thing.

Sorry for not being clear, I am using 100% of your 1.3 version, no edits. I only changed my Z analog axis gain.

I hear ya on the lazy part, my cabinet would be finished weren't not for the "heat" making me lazy! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back