Found resolution glitch in VP9.1

marv75

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Addams Family
Cosmic Gunfight and Stellar Wars wouldn't boot up because on 9.1 I didn't change the video preferences...it was on 640x480 and I changed to 1280x1024 and now they work! Sorry I thought the tables didn't work I didn't know my resolution was set that low! (Used to setting the launching options through VP-Man) I'll keep reporting back if I find anything else. So for everyone's knowledge what is the minimum resolution for VP9? Thanks! :)

well I can't play it in a windowed format if that's any help. w/ vp8 some pins I hadto drop them into a 800x600 window to get them not to stutter, butwith vp9 that doesn' work!

You guys need to update your systems....it's 2009 you know....not 1994...who uses 640x480 and 800x600 for anything anymore...you guys still use electronic typewriters too for feck's sakes...!!?

I understand it's not necessarily a financial issue for all...I didn't update due to pure laziness...it's always a pain to install everything again....but then I bought a good modern machine and HUGE flat monitor....after the update I realized how much I was missing....I can assure you it's 100% worth it..playing Scapino's pins in full speed alone makes it worthwile...!!

Last edited:
My TRS-80 can't play any of them at all, but I suspect it's because the 48k RAM is insufficient. I'm still waiting for Tandy to release an expansion kit for it, but I'm beginning to think they forgot about me. :p

Strangely enough all of Scapino's old SS releases run just fine on my old 2nd computer running a Athlon 1333, 256MB SD133 ram, W98se, Nvidia Mx440se 64MB, though only at 1024x768, anything more pushes it a bit. ;)

It's not just the hardware, the software and more to the point the way you optimise your PC to run does make a huge difference. My 3 year old rig at the moment has no problems running them all at 1600x1200, a single core Athlon 3100+ (1.8Ghz), 1GB 400DDR1 and a Nvidia 6800GS (256MB) with XP SP3.

Last edited:
1600x1200, a single core Athlon 3100+ (1.8Ghz), 1GB 400DDR1 and a Nvidia 6800GS (512MB) with XP SP3.

How about adding #2888RXX, a dual core 234423xxxdDFFF and 17GB 88787a1DW4R43Z v1.91 for even better performance? :pint:

Got these latest tips just in from my friend Ernest...!!

geek-792748.jpg

Usage attached, keep it lean and clean...;)

Various OS tweaks and optimisations, too many to recall of the top of my hat, still the results speak for themselves, know your OS and google those fixes and you without even those glasses or curly red hair, anyone with any PC IQ should be able to do it, then again VP isn't that difficult either. :)

This throw more money at it solution, is surplus to requirements at this point in time. :p

Attachments

• usage.jpg
    usage.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 326

Latest posts

Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back