[solved] dmdext not starting after AIO in popper

Energetics

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
MM
Dear guys

I set up with AIO and am able to launch eg Robocop with the dmdext on my 3rd fulldmd screen from the .bat file within futurepinball folder
all perfect

but within popper i cannot get it tu run
ALT tab shows me no running dmdext as well

Launch Setup:

rem Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if "Custom Launch Param" = PinEvent
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Close DOFLinx if "Custom Launch Param" = PinEvent
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (taskkill /f /im "doflinx.exe")
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (timeout /t 2)

rem Run DMDExt from the FP folder only if "Custom Var #2" = FP_DMDExt
if "[custom2]"=="FP_DMDExt" (CD /d "[DIREMU]")
if "[custom2]"=="FP_DMDExt" (start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=futurepinball -q --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 -g "[GAMENAME]" --
use-ini="DmdDevice.ini")
if "[custom2]"=="FP_DMDExt" (timeout /t 1)

rem Launch Future Pinball
START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
START "" "[DIREMU]\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Close script:

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Future Pinball" 2 1

rem start DOFLinx if it was closed for a PinEvent table

cd /d c:\directoutput
DOFLinx.exe

rem enable the FP Backglass and Arcade mode

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem force close DMDExt just in case it didn't close out on it's own

taskkill /f /im "dmdext.exe"
------------------------------

Games Manager:
Custom Launch: PinEvent
Cust Var 2: FP_DMDExt

WHAT AM I MISSING?

Solution
Terry if it runs with the .bat file within futurepinball folder I have followed your instructions....

And I copy paste to popper not to make any error... I tried both ways with dmdext...running and not running with the lanch command....it seems not to launch...i cannot find it with alt-tab...not even hidden behind anything...I'm 5h in going back and forth through your videos....i'm getting "blind" man to what it couldbe.

Be sure you don't have a typo in your launch script, and that your FP emulator paths are correct for where FP installed, etc. Be sure that Popper, DMDExt, FP... nothing is Run as Administrator.

Try running a FP table from popper with DMDExt.

Then exit the table and then exit Popper.

Check the...
If you installed my FP and BAM Essentials AIO 2.1 package, then you have my new Popper and Baller Installer Tips Guide.

It explains how to get DMDExt to work with Popper based on your launch script and what you add to Games Manager for each table, etc.

If you are doing that correctly, and your Popper emulator paths are correct, and all files are installed and not blocked, and you have nothing set to Run as Administrator, it should work.

I also show it working using Popper in my DMDExt Guide video.

Terry if it runs with the .bat file within futurepinball folder I have followed your instructions....and I use those for CABINET

And I copy paste to popper not to make any error... I tried both ways with dmdext...running and not running with the lanch command....it seems not to launch...i cannot find it with alt-tab...not even hidden behind anything...I'm 5h in going back and forth through your videos....i'm getting "blind" man to what it couldbe.

Last edited:
Terry if it runs with the .bat file within futurepinball folder I have followed your instructions....

Be sure you don't have a typo in your launch script, and that your FP emulator paths are correct for where FP installed, etc. Be sure that Popper, DMDExt, FP... nothing is Run as Administrator.

Try running a FP table from popper with DMDExt.

Then exit the table and then exit Popper.

Check the PinupSystem/Launch folder. See what the curlaunch.bat file shows. That is what Popper creates and runs based on your launch script and the info you pass to it. You should be able to run curlaunch.bat directly without Popper running. See what is happening.

Solution
Thank you Terry...here is the files content
I started it..RoboC runs but no extdmd...also not findable with alt-tab...seems not running.

rem Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if "Custom Launch Param" = PinEvent
if "PinEvent"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
if "PinEvent"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Close DOFLinx if "Custom Launch Param" = PinEvent
if "PinEvent"=="PinEvent" (taskkill /f /im "doflinx.exe")
if "PinEvent"=="PinEvent" (timeout /t 2)

rem Run DMDExt from the FP folder only if "Custom Var #2" = FP_DMDExt
if "FP_DMDExt"=="FP_DMDExt" (CD /d "C:\vPinball\FuturePinball")
if "FP_DMDExt"=="FP_DMDExt" (start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=futurepinball -q --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 -g "Robocop - Dead or Alive Edition (PinEvent Lite - FizX - 1.1)" --
use-ini="DmdDevice.ini")
if "FP_DMDExt"=="FP_DMDExt" (timeout /t 1)

rem Launch Future Pinball
START "" "C:\vPinball\PinUPSystem\Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
START "" "C:\vPinball\FuturePinball\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open "C:\vPinball\FuturePinball\Tables\Robocop - Dead or Alive Edition (PinEvent Lite - FizX - 1.1).fpt" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

what I do not get: you say its just code...so when I use your .bat files it starts perfectly...and they tell the same story as the lines in popper...so why is it not doing the same thing?

NO WAY IT'S THE COPY PASTE!!!!

that shoved

use-ini="DmdDevice.ini")

into the next line......

I could not see that in the Launch editor

IT'S working now

(omg 6h because of a f**** copy-paste #idontbelieveit)

Latest posts

P
Replies
Views
Pinball News
P
Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back