They Live (Original, 2023)

VPX SS Original Table They Live (Original, 2023) balutito mod 1.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Thanks jogrady7 for this working B2S (nice changing DMD !) And the modified script !
FWIW you can also copy and paste over the script for the original table by SpookyMoulder (non balutito mod) and it works just the same. That's what I did personally

Thank you for all who make these incredible tables. My family and I all have hours of fun with them. I made this quick topper for my machine. Maybe someone else would like to use it on there machine too.
Thank you for the topper!

Thanks for your nice feedback on the They Live Backglass. I should have something for Phantasm by this weekend. Kudos to spookyMoulder for cranking out these great tables!
here is a link to a working Phantasm Cabinet with backglass, the ball might get stuck occasionally ,just nudge it free, no tilt on this table

nice WIP.. one hint, please add

Sub Table1_Exit
if B2SOn Then Controller.Stop
End Sub

so the b2s is closing at exit of table

I haven't given up on this awesome table needing a better dmd solution. Per hauntfreaks advice I reached out to the great Scutters. I am no coder nor author and like many I learn by copy, paste trial and error but this one was sucking all my time. It seems SpookyMoulder modded JPSalas's first version of miraculous which uses JP's flasher based dmd. His last versions of miraculous uses Vincent Bousquet's true FlexDMD. So I have been trying to marry the two.
Scutter told me it really needs a lot of the digit graphics redrawn and bitmaps in the table images converted to png's. The bitmap conversions no problem and helped Flexdmd to actually fire up but them crash to an out of range error. For now Scutter made a simpler FlexDMD for us that simply mirrors the existing flasher dmd. It's not fancy but you can drag it anywhere and size as expected. Now, he only created a text to replace SpookyMoulder's original table script. You would have to do a side by side comparison to the Balutito mod script or the Balutito with pup events script. I plan to do this myself but haven't yet. Scutter also gave permission to share his text file so here it is attached. Thanks a ton to Scutter!

Attachments

• they-live-scutters-flexdmd.jpg
    they-live-scutters-flexdmd.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 20
  • They Live 2023-Scutter-DMD.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 19
This community is incredible. I'm just coming on to the scene, playing desktop and prepping for a cabinet build one day. The way this community helps and works with each other is unlike what I have experienced in other techie groups. Great table.

Latest posts

P
Replies
Views
Pinball News
P
Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back