What policy for the tables?

Some people... Anyway moving on, nothing to see here :)

In my opinion there should be a rule written on the front page of the site informing users to be respectful when asking permission before modifying a table made by others.

Ok.....I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, but unfortunately there is a tendency not to ask whether or not we can before doing something on a table made by others, because this is about this,we're talking about, tables... right?? I'll answer here, since I'm always accused of drama in others topic.

don't panic, I never said I would post this list. This is my list for an electronic arcade pinball projects. If your creation is found and tell you that you are part of the Fp legend.
If you post an update with fizX well I would have worked for nothing...

@Zobou
I don't understand what you're saying, but I hope it's clear to you that I don't want you to modify my tables to publish them.
Now if FP is just a hobby for you, there are more than 10000 tables out there that you can modify, but mine aren't, and I repeat, I'm asking you kindly.

instead of you bringing in your usual drama into my topics.

The vast majority of people are fine with tables being modded. A small few like you are not. Not everyone sees every post you make, or every post from every author ever made, and knows their wishes.
@TerryRed
Therefore.....I had opted not to answer you here, but seeing as you always accuse me of causing drama, as if I were the "bad boy" of the situation, and that you always promptly answer before the one I mentioned (I just expressed my desire of not to modify my tables, to zobou)It seems that you do it on purpose to instigate me to respond in an not respectful way like a devil, for which he must then be banned.....put that you always criticize my will not to modify my tables as if I did not exist...so
So....I'll answer you this time, and besides you can afford to answer me, but I can't? that you accuse me and then threaten to close your topic?

Let's be clear, you consider me a "small" but I consider it, a compliment from you that you are a "big" and I'll explain why.....
If I'm a "small" because for me FP is a hobby, I DO NOT HAVE other purposes... how to sponsor my PC shop, or the company I work forand,or impress those who knows who.... I chose to take the hardest and longest path to learn how to make a table all by myself (I had a lot of help) I didn't choose the easy path to make an FP table, that is, to modify other people's tables, it took me almost 8 years to learn, and it is logical for me that "whoever" chooses to modify instead of create, I consider him(except for those who have no skills) a person who chooses the easy path of opportunist.
You are a "big", use your skills to try recreate a table......One last thing, don't waste time to answer me, ignore me as you usually do.

I can't help myself from thinking "or else..." :D

/edit
Just to make it clear this was in jest to lighten the mood.

Everything I released, followed common sense and written rules and when I failed I was promptly notified and corrected my mistake.
My consciousness is crystal clear.
To each his own.

Last edited:
The rules here are pretty much the same as they have been for 20 years. We did have rules posted, but they may have been lost, but it's common sense, and respect for other authors.
A possible topic for discussion among us admins. But every time we put rules up, one group or another has a objection, so it's been really...

"Treat other people like you want to be treated yourself."

The tone among the certain groups of people though is a concern. I ask that everyone watch what they write in future, what you say here is no different than if you said it directly to that person's face. We admins here are have been pretty casual with various issues especially compared to other forums, but there are certain things that cause problems on a consistant basis, and general bad feelings continue to emerge. It's just a game, it's just a hobby, and it should be a fun experience for everyone, not a competion, so I am asking that everyone rachet it back a bit, and take a chill pill if something upsets you.

@TerryRed
Therefore.....I had opted not to answer you here, but seeing as you always accuse me of causing drama, as if I were the "bad boy" of the situation, and that you always promptly answer before the one I mentioned (I just expressed my desire of not to modify my tables, to zobou)It seems that you do it on purpose to instigate me to respond in an not respectful way like a devil, for which he must then be banned.....put that you always criticize my will not to modify my tables as if I did not exist...so
So....I'll answer you this time, and besides you can afford to answer me, but I can't? that you accuse me and then threaten to close your topic?

Let's be clear, you consider me a "small" but I consider it, a compliment from you that you are a "big" and I'll explain why.....
If I'm a "small" because for me FP is a hobby, I DO NOT HAVE other purposes... how to sponsor my PC shop, or the company I work forand,or impress those who knows who.... I chose to take the hardest and longest path to learn how to make a table all by myself (I had a lot of help) I didn't choose the easy path to make an FP table, that is, to modify other people's tables, it took me almost 8 years to learn, and it is logical for me that "whoever" chooses to modify instead of create, I consider him(except for those who have no skills) a person who chooses the easy path of opportunist.
You are a "big", use your skills to try recreate a table......One last thing, don't waste time to answer me, ignore me as you usually do.

Here we go again with you taking what I said completely wrong here (I'm assuming because of language barriers, I hope at least)... and then... you go and do exactly what I didn't want in my topic, and just now turned it into drama.

I'm tired of working on something (tutorials, tables, mods, etc) for days, weeks, months, and then post it here, just have my post or topic quickly turned into a spam fest of drama (from anyone), or veering off into things that should be done in a PM. It doesn't matter if it was you, GeorgeH, Gimli, JLou, Zobou...anyone, I would say the same thing. Especially when I have a Tutorial Topic. It is there for that purpose only. STAY ON TOPIC or take it in a PM or create a separate topic. I have said this to you, Gimli and others in that very Tutorial topic more than once.

You have a long history of getting upset at something and then dragging that on and on in a topic (which has nothing to do with what you are upset with), when you could easily just PM someone directly with your issue. I'm tired of seeing that happen in my topics (from anyone, not just you), so I made it clear I will ask the topic be locked, and then people can read the tutorial themselves, and not have to filter through pages of posts that have nothing to do with the topic. No one wants to read that stuff!

"A small few like you are not." This is another example of you translating something wrong. That statement from me just means... a small amount of people. As in not many people. It does NOT mean I think I am BIG or better than you or anyone else, or that I consider anyone small. That is something you came up with on your own. Then you carry on and went with some rude assumptions about me, and many others as well.

I create what I like, I share it and move on to the next. Just like most everyone in this hobby! (both VP and FP) I don't do it for some kind of fame, or being an opportunist. Most of what I do currently is updating or modding my favorite tables (made by others)... because, well they are my favorites. Many are older tables that benefit from an update (and I have been told by the creators they loved what I did). I have also needed to take many years to learn how to do what I can do today. It is by no means an "easy path" for anyone.

That is the case with the majority of people in this hobby. Some will move on and make their own original tables. You have made your own original tables, but you have also done "mods", such as with Rom's Goldrake, which is what started this topic to begin with.

I also do create my own original content like Silent Hill which has turned into my own complete original table (multiple tables), and is certainly not some small mod, or something that was an "easy path". It is something I've worked on for years. I don't consider myself bigger than anyone else because of it.

If anyone does start to ignore you, its probably because they have gotten to a point where they don't want endless posts going on and on in someone else's topics. You can PM anyone anytime you want with a concern. There is nothing stopping you from doing so.

Last edited:
Here we go again with you taking what I said completely wrong here (I'm assuming because of language barriers, I hope at least)... and then... you go and do exactly what I didn't want in my topic, and just now turned it into drama.
I asked you to ignore me, and you start with your usual "monologue" about who you are and do, I tell you this with all the utmost respect!!

I assure you that there is no language barrier error in the slightest!!
"A small few like you are not."
"small" is "small"......there is no other meaning for this word.......you need to explain the meaning of this sentence of yours better before writing it
as you did above, dear friend!! I don't have the magic sphere and understand what you really mean
You still talk to me about drama, ok but you forced me to do it here.
you keep telling me that I wanted to make drama in your topic, but where do you see this damn drama? HERE
I replied to zobou, and I only told the truth,and I kindly asked him not to modify my tables and then publish them, and remove them from his conversion list.
and then you answer me, as you think best, attacking me for something else, you accuse me of making a drama, and you criticize my desire not to modify my tables, and therefore I have to keep quiet and not defend myself?, you can tell me all that what do you want, and I don't?

I'm tired of working on something
ok, I can understand what you feel, and I'm tired of repeating that I don't want my tables to be modified, it happened in your topic ok but this doesn't mean I have to cause drama.
but you have also done "mods", such as with Rom's Goldrake, which is what started this topic to begin with.
and I asked "Rom" for permission,and this topic, I have always opened it for the same reason in lack of respect towards me, that they have used my "mods" for other purposes(in vpx), and without asking my permission, it is normal for me to get angry, especially if I have spent months of work.and this is the only mod I've done.
and since you brought up this fact, I remind you that in this too you promptly responded first admonishing me, and then you apologized, go and reread.

That is something you came up with on your own. Then you carry on and went with some rude assumptions about me, and many others as well.
I didn't invent anything....as I said above, "small" is "small",so if you consider me "small", it's normal that I have to tell you "you are big".
What kind of assumptions have I made about you? and then what do the others have to do with it?
this is nice....I'm curious to know what you come up withoO

I also do create my own original content like Silent Hill which has turned into my own complete original table (multiple tables), and is certainly not some small mod, or something that was an "easy path". It is something I've worked on for years. I don't consider myself bigger than anyone else because of it.
and everyone admires you, as it should be!!

If anyone does start to ignore you, its probably because they have gotten to a point where they don't want endless posts going on and on in someone else's topics.
a question? Who ignores me? If someone wants to ignore me, it is free to do it, I will do the same, if you talk to me about iendless posts going on and on, in the posts of others, please you remember to me, in which? so that I can remedy.......I think instead if someone has started to ignore me could be because I do not publish my tables, or because I continue with my way in physics without using Fizx, or simply doesn't like my tables......it's just my thoughts.
However in my thread of table, I see the "likes" of people that I consider respectable companions.

In conclusion Terry, go ahead in your things, and please ignore me:lol:

In conclusion Terry, go ahead in your things, and please ignore me:lol:

By all means I will, as you have requested.

Please give me the same courtesy in my topics or tutorials unless you are asking something that relates directly to my Thread and nothing else.

If you have an issue with something someone posted that is not related to my Thread... send it in a PM (to the other person or me). Please don't post any of that stuff in my topics anymore.

OPINION-- When you're picking internet fights with one of the nicest, most workhorse, talented creators in all the known pin-sim universes, right there with Brian "Destruk" Smith, JP Salas, and Paul Sanderson... erm... you might want to just reconsider the whole argument..?

Sorry, sorry, I had my own blowups with you, Paolo, and I was wrong. I really shouldn't be commenting here, and I'm disappointed with myself for doing so, but I guess I just couldn't stop my dumbass self. :s

Policy with tables is just a joke. I gave authorization to takes my pics for VP recreation but was rarely credited. And I see VP recreations with obviously my pics (no names) without authorization. But, after all... Slamt1lt never asked me for his first recreations (AbraCaDabra, Strikes and Spares, maybe others), so what? OK, a little bit angry at the beginning, but after?
Be happy: if your tables are updated, it's because they are beautiful and good, nice, isn't it?
But, OK, it's better if we ask you for permission

Last edited:
@Popotte
JP.....dear comrade and my teacher, (it is a sincere compliment)!
in a certain sense I would agree with you, but allow me to give my opinion, I'll give an example about myself so on one of my tables.....I was saying, an update to one of my tables with me being active, and I'm around the site (which I'm updating myself, ok) what's the point for the user to do it and then publish it??
This could trigger competitions, to those who make the best "mod"? And nothing positive would come out in this as shiva says and just a game and a hobby, I don't know if I'm clear.

Note: When a user open a table that inside there the name the author of the table, if a user does not give a damn about who the author is, and mods without asking for permission, and he does not have the courtesy to make sure who is the 'Author, whether or not he(the autor) wants that he mods his table, well then for me it is a lack of respect, I would not know how to define it at worst

On the other hand I say.... an update now "in a hypothetical table of mine", what could it be, in my opinion only Fizx (zobou is an example) but....but I can do it myself don't you think?
or what I wonder? in my tables there is already everything that is necessary, a further update for me by others is superficial....at least; that he makes fly the "FP balls" fly like spaceships.....🤣🤣🤣
but I can do this too

Speaking of Fizx, when there is the final version then maybe I will think about adding it, but for now since it is constantly evolving, I don't have the time to continuously update with each release.And for now I don't want to use it.
I believe it is a free choice, and it must not be an obligation

Now if a user (with the skills) modifies one of my tables (it's always an example I say) for private use, for his own enjoyment at home own , I can't prevent it, but if he publishes it, or worse, his purpose is another .....I do not want and I will not give permission!

Salut!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back