got jumped last night

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
posted it on FB for public viewing, mostly because i was desperate for help getting my cell turned off. that's now done thanks to my brother.

seeing a few flashes now... like someone swinging a lightsabre across my vision every once in a while. not sure if one of my retinas got damaged or whether it's post-event imaginings.

not much else to say. you can read the updates if you care to. i was initially very relieved and happy that i'd only lost my smartphone, but i don't like these flashes. starting to suck now... feeling a bit blue

Whoah man. What happened, or what's your FB?

Don't worry buddy. I found it.

They got your phone. Is that what you meant by shutting down the cell? To disable it? I'm wondering about GPS capability, but who enforces it?

Are you alright Nick?

I found this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Your-Stolen-Phone

Going by the article:

Do you have a Tracking App (GPS) on the phone?

Does your ISP offer tracking? If so, call them and turn in the info to the cops.

And Geez Ike, I wouldn't feel empathy for them. They thumped you as a defenseless local. They think of you as raw meat. There was no reason for the violence just to rob you.
I'm worried for their next victim. They might not fare so well.

Last edited:
Wow, that sucks Nick, what did he hit you with? Sounds like things are getting pretty rough where you live.

all you old-timers know what my name is, right?

@sleepy,
every modern fone has GPS. what do you think i should do?

@rascal,
mostly true, but i know some MMA and am not an easy mark by any means... but i did truly relax my guard, never again, and the first one i tied up in wrestling / BJJ... but 2nd one was the guy who ran off with my smartphone.

Dang...sorry to read this, hope you pull through without any lasting effects.

Do you know who did it? Do they live in your apartment, etc.?
Do they know you?
Do they know about PN? I wouldn't want them reading this.

Are they gang members? Are there more of them in the area?

Not all ISPs offer GPS for stolen phones.
If Sprint is your ISP :wink: , and a few others such as AT&T, they have stolen phone tracking GPS
but I don't know if that is in play after wiping the phone. I would think that they can activate the account to find the phone. I sure would call them about that. If they can track it, you can call the cops and give them the information. My understanding is that the cops will act on the location, and especially with a violent robbery. Have you called the cops?

But hold up. Were they violent, or were you defending your property?
What exactly did they do?

And yep. Your phone is currently unavailable. I called the number just to see if they would answer.

i doubt they live here for multiple reasons.... would take a long time to explain. just young opportunists, i reckon.

when i see a potential threat, i ROAR and flex a bit. not a pride thing, but a technique. kind of takes the chutzpah right out of them, if you know what i mean.

anyway, yea... last night i screwed up when inserting my key, relaxed my guard, got blindsided, paid the price of my smartphone

i've studied martial arts my whole life but let my guard down and got punished when it actually mattered... such an idiot. bah

call your phone provider and have them wipe it clean or shut it down if possible
sad to hear this hope there is no lasting injuries

I'm wondering if the call log at Sprint would have the GPS logged as well.
Have you called your ISP to ask about tracking and logs?

I'm betting the punks tried the phone later, else it was just a summertime exploit and they tossed it. I don't think they can sell it since the IP Address goes with the phone. If you report it as stolen, that will come up when somebody else then tries to use it.

i think what happens is that they fence it to the pros ("the arabs" a lady at CVS said, whatever that means), who then exchange NIC cards or something like that. point is, the pros make it look clean as a whistle from the rumors. no idea personally.

anyway, i'll need to get a new phone setup soon so i can call sprint to follow your suggestions. just realising now what an incredible luxury it is having a cellphone which i pretty much took for granted once i got used to having one a few years back.

today i had to go to the ER because it seemed like i was losing my right eye. you can read the update if you like, but apparently the flashes and floaters are fairly normal post head trauma. first CAT scan i ever had... felt pretty dang claustrophobic though, sheesh.

sorry sleepy not sure i answered all your points earlier. eyes are dilated right now... kind of a pain to focus.

Dilated? They gave you drops.
Don't worry about it and take it easy on the eyes.
As for Sprint, I'd try a web/e-mail contact and include you subscription information.

cat scans are still better and quicker than an MRI
each month or so I have to go to the hospital for kidney stone complications
usually a UTI(urinary tract infection) cats scans are only about ten minutes long
but an MRI can last 45 minutes or longer and with a cat you slide into and out of the machine
on an automatic table but with an MRI you lay there for minutes at a time for each shot
(up to ten) then they reposition you no matter if you are in pain or not
mine have taken up to an hour for some of them
hope you escaped a concussion they suck to put it mildly

Damn, Nic! A guy leaves a forum for a couple of days and you go and get yourself into trouble! At least you came out the other end relatively fine. I hope that you don't act on what my first impulse would be, which is never leave the house again. Or grab a gun and go all Bernhard Goetz. CAT scans are fun! Hope you got to drink that shit that makes you feel like you've gotta pee for the whole 45 minutes you're in there! Anyway... truly glad you're safe. And if you're looking for perspective, multiply what happened to you by 10 and that's what happens to Steve every single time he rides a bike.

Damn, Nic! A guy leaves a forum for a couple of days and you go and get yourself into trouble! At least you came out the other end relatively fine. I hope that you don't act on what my first impulse would be, which is never leave the house again. Or grab a gun and go all Bernhard Goetz. CAT scans are fun! Hope you got to drink that shit that makes you feel like you've gotta pee for the whole 45 minutes you're in there! Anyway... truly glad you're safe. And if you're looking for perspective, multiply what happened to you by 10 and that's what happens to Steve every single time he rides a bike.
lazies and gennel-mums... my goof friend william!
...king of yorkshire province or therabouts there, mateys.

Celebrate the Forth Of July !

lazies and gennel-mums... my goof friend william!
...:king:king of yorkshire province or therabouts there, mateys.
I hope that's Percoset doing the talking :trippy: and not :ko: dain bramage :shaking:.
Actually, I wish you well on this fine forth of July! Me, I try to dust off what patriotism I can summon every 'Fourth'. Then with plenty beers, burgers fireworks and whatnot pray that America finds her way to a better future.
Bye the bye, I see you fly the Ohio state flag. I am just back from taking possession of the wife's childhood home out in Cincinnati Ohio. Wonder if you live anywhere near those parts and can you cut the grass? It is 520 miles from here and I am hoping to sell the place soon.

eheh i am just a super silly. but sorry, me i'm in the CLE area. tiltjlp is the one in cinncy, but hardly in condition to cut the grass.

btw, on wednesday someone got held up at gunpoint outside subway. 9PM or 9AM, not sure. so... getting a bit dicey around these parts. when i went out last night to meet a buddy, i carried a hammer with me. pondering whether to get mace and a taser... might be a little over the top, though.

Any word on tiltjlp? What happened to him?

since the info page was mostly obsolete, i think the person to contact is the one who posted at that other forum.

or maybe start with those addresses... find the apt owners. remember how he changed apt #'s several times but always stayed at the same address?

Latest posts

Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back