Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Here is another "spell" from Rav, I asked him if it was possible, and he did it.Many thanks @ravarcade
You could like this function a lot (to me for sure), especially in multiball, or if there is a blocked or closed ball (captivekicker.CreateCaptiveBall) that if you push to hit an unreachable target.

View attachment Hit-Ball-vs-Ball-Sound.mp4

I will post the demo tomorrow.

Like other things you ask... It already work in FizX code.. You have hit sound for all objects that are hit by balls. It generate sounds automatically with the new Generic_Hit feature. You have nothing to do apart import the sound file on your table ( If you use FizX Code ).
Ball hit sound it not implemented because i forgot it... because it can occure weird sound with MB, and also it's not something you really hear.
As proof, no one paid attention that I had forgotten to put on the sound of the hit ball.. Or no one ask me that is needed.

My mistake.. ball vs ball hit sound alreay exist in FP... I never paid attention to that.. So what do you want to search to do?
I don't understand :/

Like other things you ask... It already work in FizX code.
Ok, but i don't understand all of your code in fizx, actually not even half of the half.
You have hit sound for all objects that are hit by balls
This I noticed and heard....
new Generic_Hit feature
of course..... I believe it.... it's the same code that Rav sent me, in the demo above.
but in fizx I can't know and look for if it's there or not, as obviously I don't know what it was, only now that I saw it in the demo I could understand it
Ball hit sound it not implemented because i forgot it..
and I... I can not know that......

ball vs ball hit sound alreay exist in FP
really?? believe me I've never noticed, and heard......
this is amazing 🤣 🤣I did not know that it already existed in fp

I never paid attention to that.
in fact.... as you can see it happened to you too😅
So what do you want to search to do?
🤣🤣
If you're speaking in general, I'll explain it to you privately.

However, note that with this code used Bam, it is possible that the sound can be modified and changed.

Ironically, what's not in fizX? so may i ask that......maybe popcorn??? 🤣 🤣
oops, not even that because gimli puts anything on top of the ball 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
but in fizx I can't know and look for if it's there or not, as obviously I don't know what it was, only now that I saw it in the demo I could understand it
Search for "Generic_hit sub".. and you'll see that there is this code in:

Code:
    'Auto_Generated Trigger Hit Script
    If FizX.IsGeneric and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound = 1 Then 'Automatic Hit sound for "No-Named" element working with their material caracteristic
        If material = 20 and hitSpeed > 50 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_Plastic = 1 Then FizXPlasticHitEvent() : End If 'plastic
        If material = 12 and hitSpeed > 50 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_Metal = 1 Then FizXMetalHitEvent() : End If 'Metal
        If material = 16 and hitSpeed > 50 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_Wood = 1 Then FizXWoodHitEvent() : End If 'Wood
        If material = 24 and hitSpeed > 50 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_RubberHard = 1 and FizXRubberHitEvent = 1 Then FizXRubberPostHitEvent() : End If 'Rubber Hard
        If material = 28 and hitSpeed > 50 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_RubberMedium = 1 and FizXRubberHitEvent = 1 Then FizXRubberPostHitEvent() : End If 'Rubber Medium
        If material = 32 and hitSpeed > 50 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_RubberSoft = 1 and FizXRubberHitEvent = 1 Then FizXRubberPostHitEvent() : End If 'Rubber Soft
        If material = 3  and hitSpeed > 100  and xBAM.Ball.position.z => 12.5 and Auto_Generate_Hit_Sound_PF = 1 Then FizXPFHitEvent() : End If 'Playfield
    End If

It's exacly the code you need..I Just add variable to enable or disable each sound if needed and call another sub for sound.
It was not hard to find.. I have a doubt you really search how it already work in FizX.

If you want to do the same for ball vs ball, then use If material = 2

really?? believe me I've never noticed, and heard......
this is amazing 🤣 🤣I did not know that it already existed in fp
Seriously or sarcastic ?

in fact.... as you can see it happened to you too😅
I never pretend the opposite
Nope, speak for everyone.. Or in FizX private thread...

Last edited:
However, note that with this code used Bam, it is possible that the sound can be modified and changed.

Maybe, and coffee too!

About what's not in FizX?
FizX is precisely made to correct weird thing on FP and add what FP was missing...

Independant flipper setting and Rotation Chart ( @GeorgeH request )
More material setting for rubber ( 6 slot ) with advanced bounce ( High velocity, low velocity, threshold )...
Accurate flipper shoot
Momemtum absorption
Possibilty to use realswing angle..
No more ball stuck on flipper ( rarely happen now )
Better slingshot ( but i have more idea for that to make it easier and better.. It need some tool )
Autogeneration off sound for all object + Link to Terry's SSF/Pinmechsound
and more......

All of this stuff are customisable...

Etc etc and more other thing....
and probably more to come.

Last edited:
Seriously or sarcastic ?
I'm serious, I didn't know that it already existed in FP, or I would never have asked Rav, and as it happened to you, I'd never paid attention to it, the sound of FP is almost inaudible, that's why I've never heard it.......the fact that I put the smileys that laugh is because, if I think about it, it makes me laugh, because it is incredible that I have never noticed it.

---------------------
So what do you want to search to do?
Nope, speak for everyone.. Or in FizX private thread...
ok,I see that something is not clear.
a little patience and I'll make you understand
----------------------------------------------------

About what's not in physics?
Sorry my bad, I forgot to reply to your answer......
correction
Like other things you ask... It already work in FizX code

but it was only an ironic joke.😅

I'm serious, I didn't know that it already existed in FP, or I would never have asked Rav, and as it happened to you, I'd never paid attention to it, the sound of FP is almost inaudible, that's why I've never heard it.......the fact that I put the smileys that laugh is because, if I think about it, it makes me laugh, because it is incredible that I have never noticed it.
lol.. it's a proof that ball hit sound is really not noticable. When you play you didn't pay attention to it because you are focus on gameplay... But if you focus on ball hit sound if you are in Multiball, you will hear it very well!

but it was only an ironic joke.
yes i know..
This is why i anwser "Cofee"... And explain you what fizx do

Latest posts

P
Replies
Views
Pinball News
P
Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back